Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
i would play this game more if gunshots didn't make such a loud noise when you got hit. like seriously the loud grunts your character makes and the sound of when you actually get hit arent needed and it actually scares the gently caress outta me every time

succ fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jul 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

succ posted:

i would play this game more if gunshots didn't make such a loud noise when you got hit. like seriously the loud grunts your character makes and the sound of when you actually get hit arent needed.

It sounds like someone slappin a big hunk of meat

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Drunk Pledge Driver posted:

M4 body hit impact power is less than half of all the other rifles so it won't cause them to flinch much...

Is there flinching in this game? I know there's an animation for getting hit from the third person but it seems like it doesn't actually affect the person getting shot's ability to aim. I mean hell, you can get popped up in the air by a grenade in this game and still be aiming at your target.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Yodzilla posted:

Is there flinching in this game? I know there's an animation for getting hit from the third person but it seems like it doesn't actually affect the person getting shot's ability to aim. I mean hell, you can get popped up in the air by a grenade in this game and still be aiming at your target.

Who knows if it even works correctly. I've been headshot with a Kar98k after popping two AR shots into the head of a level 3 wearing man.

Convergence
Apr 9, 2005
I just got a bug where my 4x scope didn't render on my gun for about 20 seconds of attempts. Just saw the top of the gun when I went to pull the scope up- it wasn't that I was too close to a wall or anything either, because the whole gun was visible. Anyone seen this? Lost a round because of it (though it was 4v1... but I'm still blaming the bug)

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider

Convergence posted:

I just got a bug where my 4x scope didn't render on my gun for about 20 seconds of attempts. Just saw the top of the gun when I went to pull the scope up- it wasn't that I was too close to a wall or anything either, because the whole gun was visible. Anyone seen this? Lost a round because of it (though it was 4v1... but I'm still blaming the bug)

Upgrade your video card

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
One time doors didn't render for me. This was cool because I could see through doors, but bad because I couldn't open them.

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
Just jumping-panned a dude from behind and oneshotted him. We got #2 but that was worth it.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Convergence posted:

I've had this happen while in a vehicle a few times, ADSing again usually fixed it but one time it didn't, maybe swapping weapons will make it work again, but unless you're trying to make a very long range shot you should still be able to approximate the middle of your screen and shoot dudes ok.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

TwatHammer posted:

So as it turns out, getting smushed by a bike is just as amusing as you'd thing it would be.

https://clips.twitch.tv/BombasticAstuteSharkRalpherZ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwIwx5lRgb0

See and raise you

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

TwatHammer posted:

So as it turns out, getting smushed by a bike is just as amusing as you'd thing it would be.

https://clips.twitch.tv/BombasticAstuteSharkRalpherZ

This pains me to watch. Why not keep running to the car wreck in front of you, jump on that and then shoot? Then you're safe and can take them out easily.

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Biscuit Hider

HAH!

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

one time I went to pick up my bike and it flung me down a mountain :(

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

So it turns out you can jump through those skinny windows arranged in triplet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpQYN6Cniy0

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I'm now offering my boosting services. HMU if you need a win.

https://rankedboost.com/playerunknowns-battlegrounds/boosting/

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

VulgarandStupid posted:

I'm now offering my boosting services. HMU if you need a win.

https://rankedboost.com/playerunknowns-battlegrounds/boosting/

i don't need the wins but i want to pay you so you can hiss at me like a goose when i talk over enemy footsteps

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Biscuit Hider
For five hundred bucks I'll tank your rating for u

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

Roki B posted:

For five hundred bucks I'll tank your rating for u

Which will in turn make it easier to for him to win.

$50 a win. That feels painfully expensive, but on the flip side that isn't much money for the booster if it ends up taking 10 or more games to complete.
I could see there being a market for people that want to impress their friends that also play.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

cosmicjim posted:

Which will in turn make it easier to for him to win.

$50 a win. That feels painfully expensive, but on the flip side that isn't much money for the booster if it ends up taking 10 or more games to complete.
I could see there being a market for people that want to impress their friends that also play.

people pay thousands to be boosted in league. literal thousands per person

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

underage at the vape shop posted:

people pay thousands to be boosted in league. literal thousands per person

But in LoL there is at least something that makes your rank relevant.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

GaussianCopula posted:

But in LoL there is at least something that makes your rank relevant.

after gold the only thing you're getting is reported when you obviously didn't earn diamond/challenger

like half the accounts I boosted ended up banned

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Aren't they going to be wiping the ranks when they go live?
Would be funny if people paid for boosting to have it all just disappear on a Tuesday.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

They're gonna do seasonal ranking, probably quarterly seasons so boosting is extra lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xep95W9V5jA

very useful information in this, and finally someone figured out the super secret tech of medding on death circle

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Odobenidae posted:

I must go, my planet needs me

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Tonetta posted:

They're gonna do seasonal ranking, probably quarterly seasons so boosting is extra lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xep95W9V5jA

very useful information in this, and finally someone figured out the super secret tech of medding on death circle

It'd be nice if there were a small number somewhere on the UI telling you which circle you were on.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Odobenidae posted:

See how that guy gently caress up both his over/under shots... that's me. I'm that guy.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcukUvDXzA8

Like a deer jumping out in front of a car. Ignore my shameful attempt to kill the second guy.

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

If anybody's on the fence about playing this with goons this thread is way way more shitheady and snarky than the discord is. Plus on the discord you can just make a little note about who the rear end holes are (a couple or three and I've been playing for months) and avoid them

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Odobenidae posted:

Originally hoping this ended with you getting blasted out of one by a frag, but I liked the real outcome, too.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

With 100 players and a separate Elo for solo/duo/squad + region, it'll take quite a few games for it to actually close in on your actual Elo score. Resetting it every season seems bad.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
My friend gets people to kill themselves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoA3poakCak

Neon Belly posted:

With 100 players and a separate Elo for solo/duo/squad + region, it'll take quite a few games for it to actually close in on your actual Elo score. Resetting it every season seems bad.

Don't worry all the good players will disappear pretty quickly, just don't play for a few days if you're that worried about it

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

The Golden Man posted:

If anybody's on the fence about playing this with goons this thread is way way more shitheady and snarky than the discord is. Plus on the discord you can just make a little note about who the rear end holes are (a couple or three and I've been playing for months) and avoid them

Yeah, the discord squad channels have a max of four people, so your discord experience can be whatever you want it to be. The thread is dumb. The Discord has a place for everyone, good or bad, nice or not, introvert or extrovert.

Don't let the thread autists drive you away, with nearly 500 people, there's always someone who is interested in playing the way you want to play.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
My favourite part is how you back up the stairs like a smart person expecting them to be on the balcony and you missed him completely because he was laying prone facing the stairs like a loving dunce.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Neon Belly posted:

I'd like a seasonal system alongside a constant one. It would be fun to mix it up with everybody playing from time to time.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

My friend gets people to kill themselves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoA3poakCak

Don't worry all the good players will disappear pretty quickly, just don't play for a few days if you're that worried about it

If you stop playing for a few days, do you start dropping to a lower mmr? or is it just that the more active players will raise their mmr? This is important to me because I played a TON the first week I got it, and figured out playing like a coward would get me to the top 10 relatively frequently against lovely players, and now I'm playing against dudes that actually know how to shoot a gun and use cover and i'm being universally demolished. Like going 50 games without a top 10 finish, or a whole night with like 1-2 kills.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Sultan Tarquin posted:

My favourite part is how you back up the stairs like a smart person expecting them to be on the balcony and you missed him completely because he was laying prone facing the stairs like a loving dunce.

Classic

This stuff drives my friend completely insane

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Why is getting kills even preferable? In solo, every kill except the last one sounds like an error to me.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Why is getting kills even preferable? In solo, every kill except the last one sounds like an error to me.

Other players are giant bags of loot, and if they kill you first, you can't win. I'm not saying be rambo, but taking opportunities when they present is probably a good idea

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Hooplah posted:

If you stop playing for a few days, do you start dropping to a lower mmr? or is it just that the more active players will raise their mmr? This is important to me because I played a TON the first week I got it, and figured out playing like a coward would get me to the top 10 relatively frequently against lovely players, and now I'm playing against dudes that actually know how to shoot a gun and use cover and i'm being universally demolished. Like going 50 games without a top 10 finish, or a whole night with like 1-2 kills.

You start dropping not from actual decay but because the bar for good players who are still playing gets raised, does that make sense?

It sounds like you figured out what most people sau in this thread: its easy to hide and get decent finishes but you aren't learning to fight and are raising your mmr past where you're good enough to kill people.

Stop hiding, learn to shoot all the guns, have fun!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
What's a good, effective way to clear rooms?

I can make it work in R6, but something about this game makes it way harder to open up a room and kill the person who may or may not be inside.

• Locked thread