Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

'Time fer a waaagh from above!
Totally screwing up the construction of the Trukk and gluing stuff on where it's not supposed to be is actually the most Orky, and therefore most correct way to assemble that kit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
If you were a true Ork player you'd be using a Tonka Truck instead

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde

goose willis posted:

I think they're even more expensive than the Trukk kit! Ironically enough, I only started assembling the Trukk as a break from assembling Flash Gitz (which are great kits, but drat they have a lot of steps).

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

goose willis posted:

Just gave me flashbacks of that one Speed Freak army that kept featuring in White Dwarf ages ago, one with the massive Tonka Monster Trucks for just about every vehicle, all painted in a wonderfully garish orange.

Memories.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Toysmith 5020 Monster Bus, 5-Inch
  • Sold as single units
  • Pull back and let it go
  • Features die cast metal
  • Bus is 5" in length
  • Cool oversized wheels
  • Ages 5 and up

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

dexefiend posted:

I thought Iron Warriors were the kings of siege defense, and Fists were siege breakers.

Other way around.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Imperial Fists made their name being the primary defenders of the Emperor's Palace during the Siege of Terra. But ultimately both the Fists and the Iron Warriors were said to be masters of both offensive and defensive sieges. Hence the Iron Cage deathmatch to see who was the siegiest legion of them all.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

jng2058 posted:

Imperial Fists made their name being the primary defenders of the Emperor's Palace during the Siege of Terra. But ultimately both the Fists and the Iron Warriors were said to be masters of both offensive and defensive sieges. Hence the Iron Cage deathmatch to see who was the siegiest legion of them all.

I always heard it was that Perturabo loved building, but was always sent by the Emperor to destroy instead. So like what you said, but with added feelings of inadequacy because the Fists kept eating his lunch. I think there was also a temper tantrum over a painting, too.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Did Perturabo have any mates among the Primarchs or was he just the lovely loser brother of the bunch (along with Lorgar who was the loser churchie of the bunch)?

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Plasma weapons with the company banner are my new favorite 40k thing. Overheating just means you get to shoot some more!

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I remember old fluff where it was implied there was a conspiracy- IWs never get mentioned more than a footnote and Pert just took it standing instead of bitching about it. Always thought that was a neat angle, but they never really played it up. In the new 30k fluff IWs are still one of the two siege legions, but with a focus on big battles- attrition, mass theater warfare, and armored assault. The most interesting new fluff says a counter insurgency was another specialty, which I guess plays up the old fluff about why they had a bunch of garrisons everywhere.

JBP posted:

Did Perturabo have any mates among the Primarchs or was he just the lovely loser brother of the bunch (along with Lorgar who was the loser churchie of the bunch)?

He liked the sexy librarian type, so he swooned over Magnus a lot. His other boyfriend was Angron somehow. I guess they both shared a love for rage. I always figured he'd get along with Manus but :shrug:

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Pert was friends with Fulgrim, until:

1) Fulgrim drags Pert into the Eye of Terror.
2) Fulgrim has perfumed followers dancing around and killing each other. The IW solders watch and have no idea what's going on.
3) Fulgrim tries to drain Pert's soul to transfigure into a daemon prince, which works but Pert doesn't die.

This sort of destroys their friendship.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

GreenMarine posted:

2) Fulgrim has perfumed followers dancing around and killing each other. The IW solders watch and have no idea what's going on.
3) Fulgrim tries to drain Pert's soul to transfigure into a daemon prince, which works but Pert doesn't die.

Oh yeah, although Fulgrim was friends with basically everyone but that emo kid because he was the school hot girl.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Hixson posted:

Man loyalists are so cool and interesting. My favorite not extremely Mary Sue bit of Loyalist fluff is

Personally I enjoy the traitor Primarchs having a collective temper tantrum because they are a bunch of little bitch boys

Waah daddy doesn't love me, better start a galactic civil war

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Corrode posted:

Personally I enjoy the traitor Primarchs having a collective temper tantrum because they are a bunch of little bitch boys

Waah daddy doesn't love me, better start a galactic civil war
As much of a simmering rage elemental as Perturabo was, his turning traitor was mostly because he massacred a world and worried the Emperor would give him a spanking but Horus didn't give a gently caress. From there on he was basically like "whatever keeps the lights on" and didn't really bear specific hatred to the loyalist Astartes outside Dorn and the Fists.

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005
"Barney comes to play with us whenever we may need him!"

raverrn posted:

Plasma weapons with the company banner are my new favorite 40k thing. Overheating just means you get to shoot some more!

Yeah ancients look fun, a good way to make sure centurions get to do something?

Every death would let you shoot a hurricane bolter or heavy weapon. With apothecaries to heal up or revive with 1 wound left to get a lot of firepower back that turn who will then die next turn only to shoot yet again. I guess it won't happen too much as you have to heal someone to full before you can revive others but oh well.

I'd like to do a centurion heavy army someday, I love how they play. All the dakka on a tiny amount dudes. The models are terrible though.

Maybe I'll make a chapter that suffered massive losses and make up for their low numbers by taking ALL OF THE GUNS into battle. Represented by primaris big bois covered in stabilizers lugging around borderline flash gitz guns. Like loyalist Obliterators.

The Dark Indemnifiers or some poo poo.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
"Hey, remember that time Perturabo dug a big ditch and told Dorn he couldn't fill it with the bodies of his own dead?

And Dorn said 'gently caress you, I'll fill it so full I can walk across the bodies, kick down the door to your house and punch that smirk off your face'? And he did, except Perturabo wasn't in there and the house was a bomb?"

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

GreenMarine posted:

Sometimes your Sexy Snake beauty regimen takes some effort. Frankly, Perturabo should be pleased Fulgrim picked him for the job.

The best part of that book is that the Iron Warriors have to build an elaborate theatre before Fulgrim will tell them where their field trip is going.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

adamantium|wang posted:

"Hey, remember that time Perturabo dug a big ditch and told Dorn he couldn't fill it with the bodies of his own dead?

And Dorn said 'gently caress you, I'll fill it so full I can walk across the bodies, kick down the door to your house and punch that smirk off your face'? And he did, except Perturabo wasn't in there and the house was a bomb?"

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

berzerkmonkey posted:

Thanks for the heads up. I stayed in the same Wyndham Garden as you guys last time, but they jacked the price up to over $90 per night. Found a place a few minutes down the road for $50 per night. I'd love to stay on property, but, man, $130 per night is crazy.

That's pretty cheap! SRM and I are sharing a room, though, so it's only going to be $65/night each. Which is pretty fuckin' reasonable!

Munchables posted:

Just glue whayever looks like it fits together and walla you have a true ork vehicle, just add dakka!

"walla"

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Oh, hey. Adepticon's a reasonable drive and I'd like to maybe get a chance to be bad at this game with others.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Planning a road trip to goto adepticon. Always wanted to go and looks like next year is the year.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

The Sex Cannon posted:

That's pretty cheap! SRM and I are sharing a room, though,

He is aware you are a sex cannon right?

Hummingbird James
Jan 3, 2013
The Fate of Konor website is live!

https://warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

Highlights are a kinda neat narrative play mission for the first week, a fluff blurb stating that Chaos Marines do in fact have drop pods (it isn't stated whether they're Dreadclaw/Kharybdis or just regular ones though) and an incentive to give GW money in the form of scoring more points.

Surprise T Rex
Apr 9, 2008

Dinosaur Gum
Don't suppose there's anywhere reliable online to buy random bits and pieces of models in the UK?

I could do with a railgun so I can turn my Devilfish into a Hammerhead, but I'm having no luck on any of the few places that popped up after a cursory search.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Surprise T Rex posted:

Don't suppose there's anywhere reliable online to buy random bits and pieces of models in the UK?

I could do with a railgun so I can turn my Devilfish into a Hammerhead, but I'm having no luck on any of the few places that popped up after a cursory search.

I've used http://www.bitzbox.co.uk/

It's all very dependent on what stuff is available when though.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

adamantium|wang posted:

I love the Iron Cage story. My favorite part is when they talk about Perturabo realizing that the greatest weakness of a fortress is that it has to protect something and just replacing the interior with a big killing field

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

The Sex Cannon posted:

That's pretty cheap! SRM and I are sharing a room, though, so it's only going to be $65/night each. Which is pretty fuckin' reasonable!
Yeah, a buddy and I share a room every year. Last year, under special room instructions, I added "One Queen bed, extra rubber sheets." My request was not honored.

if you guys are going out on Wednesday, I'd like to invite you and SRM out to our favorite Mexican place out there - they're awesome and have the best horchata.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
The best part of the Iron Cage is Guilliman had to save them, guy sure has to clean up a lot of other people's gently caress-ups.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Thank you.

I had no idea room rates were that cheap. I was thinking they were going to be $200+!

Hopefully I can make it this next year.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

LingcodKilla posted:

At this point, he knows me better than my parents.

berzerkmonkey posted:

Yeah, a buddy and I share a room every year. Last year, under special room instructions, I added "One Queen bed, extra rubber sheets." My request was not honored.

if you guys are going out on Wednesday, I'd like to invite you and SRM out to our favorite Mexican place out there - they're awesome and have the best horchata.

I'd love to go!

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

LingcodKilla posted:

I shared a bed with Mr. Cannon one cold DC summer night, and woke up mostly intact. Never told my wife about it, though...

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Iron Hands preview is up. Confirmed that Chapter Tactics don't apply to Vehicles (except Dreadnoughts). Their vehicles can move and shoot Heavy weapons with no penalty which is pretty cool, too.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Corrode posted:

Iron Hands preview is up. Confirmed that Chapter Tactics don't apply to Vehicles (except Dreadnoughts). Their vehicles can move and shoot Heavy weapons with no penalty which is pretty cool, too.

As a strategem, though, so not all the time.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Surprise T Rex posted:

http://www.bitsandkits.co.uk/tau-empire-tau-hammerheadskyraydevilfish-gunship-c-6_71_183.html

But the railgun is sadly out of stock right now. They're pretty good at restocking though.

TwingeCrag
Feb 6, 2007

I got a Phd in Badassery
They have a relic which replaces a power axe which is pretty much +1 in every way. (+2S -3AP D2) which is...neat?

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

The Sex Cannon posted:

I'd love to go!

It's a date. I've got SRM's email, so I'll coordinate with him closer to the event.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

TwingeCrag posted:

They have a relic which replaces a power axe which is pretty much +1 in every way. (+2S -3AP D2) which is...neat?

Good to see that the Axe of Medusa isn't just a garbage power fist now

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

TwingeCrag posted:

So a relic blade that deals 2 damage instead of d3 :geno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I don't think it's at a points premium over a regular power axe, though.

And I waited like a fool and the main hotel for Adpeticon is already booked; I'll have to slum it in a neighbor hotel like the C.H.U.D. I am.