Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

Another golden gift box event starting today (every 4 hours). Except they're calling them Spider-Man gift boxes. Also another uniform sale.

http://www.mobirum.com/article/detail?cafeId=futurefight_en&bbsId=76&id=873784

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Holy gently caress I am so sorry Clawtopsy.

I just took my T1 Star Turd in to dominate Risk as I am down to my trash and he solo'd T2 Vernon and Carnage. Then the 2nd round was 3 T1s and he dominated all 3, solo, with basically no life left.

I just T2ed Pen 15 Quill and I am ready for action. What a real man.

I don't like this game of who said it. I'm leaning towards Raconbot but i'm not sure.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Applied to Worst Alliance as cliffdiver.

Hail gay hydra

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Hey guys, need some advice. Would it be better to T2 Santana or Gwenpool?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

im freaking the heck out posted:

I'd say Gwenpool, especially if you have her costume. It's harder to come by good speeds compared to good universals.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Got Rogue to 6* today, Beast tomorrow, Storm and Cyclops in a few days. At 871 in the crystals so think I can get Wolvie in a week or so. At 6200 crystals so almost at Magneto. I'm about to have mutant overload!

And hopefully I can finish Magneto soon enough to get the crystals back and buy those Venom and Spider-Man costumes. That Homecoming Spider-Man seems like a beast. One of them singlehandedly took out my Strange, Rogers, and Ancient One the other day.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Got Rogue to 6* today, Beast tomorrow, Storm and Cyclops in a few days. At 871 in the crystals so think I can get Wolvie in a week or so. At 6200 crystals so almost at Magneto. I'm about to have mutant overload!

And hopefully I can finish Magneto soon enough to get the crystals back and buy those Venom and Spider-Man costumes. That Homecoming Spider-Man seems like a beast. One of them singlehandedly took out my Strange, Rogers, and Ancient One the other day.

Homecoming Spider-Man is absolute misery on anything that can be webbed.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

navyjack posted:

Homecoming Spider-Man is absolute misery on anything that can be webbed.

I was hunting for web immune/ignore dodge obelisks for battleworld before Homebrew Spiderman and that has only intensified since his release.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
All the cool kids use Wasp/Jean as a leader which completely neuters all the web poo poo in TL.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

im freaking the heck out posted:

Probably Gwenpool (100% with costume) but Santana is no slouch. She's actually kinda tanky in that her passive gives her a flat 10 seconds of immunity and she outputs enough DPS that she can kill most stuff in that window without even worrying about taking a hit. If it runs out she can drop dead pretty quickly though. Team her up with her bro and swap to him when her immunity runs out, then he can do stuff for 20 seconds until her cooldown is up. She solos stage 21 Venom for me every week (or if I'm lazy I add in Ghost Rider and her bro.) I only T2ed her because I felt bad about feeding her bios to the BO since they're only semi-farmable.

I capped out on phoenix feathers today. Wolvie is 420 and Jean is 2-3 weeks away. Oh well.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Gwenpool with the uni, attack ISO set and an invulnerability obelisk is super, super good

like really good

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

Yeah I went with Gwenpool since I have her costume, you guys were right she is great. I took out Corvus without breaking a sweat.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

:toot:

I highly recommend buying the uru chest in the alliance store every day! You'll mostly get 3* or 4* but this can happen too! That's like 20M gold and shitloads of resources saved (unless you get really lucky when combining 5*s).

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Vodos posted:

I highly recommend buying the uru chest in the alliance store every day! You'll mostly get 3* or 4* but this can happen too! That's like 20M gold and shitloads of resources saved (unless you get really lucky when combining 5*s).

said it in discord but holy poo poo :eyepop:

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Vodos posted:

Holy mother of god.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Speaking of the alliance store...can someone give me the risk schedule?
I really need to step up in helping out there
I'm finally going through and bringing 2 60's to minimum 3 in skills and 15 in gears a day
Trying to bring my roster up to snuff, besides waves of unskilled peasants, and want to put it to good use for the guild

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

Vodos posted:

Huh, well thanks for the tip! :stare:

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity
Just play the lotto! Hey you never know!

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
Well I've gotten two five star tickets out of the golden giftboxes, so I think the best advice is just to be lucky.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Tiny Chalupa posted:

I'm finally going through and bringing 2 60's to minimum 3 in skills and 15 in gears a day
Trying to bring my roster up to snuff, besides waves of unskilled peasants, and want to put it to good use for the guild

The way Risk works is that sometimes you'll load up a mission and the game will say 'Alliance battle is ready!' in a popup, and you say okay and then it tell you that you're in prep phase and you can't do anything. Other times you will remember 'oh it's alliance battle time' and load up only to see there's about three minutes left so there's no point in doing anything. Then when the battle is over you'll get a chest with approx. 100 GuKs.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

Tiny Chalupa posted:

You get thingies to turn into alliance points/xp/tokens based on the amount of regions we hold after each phase ends. If you don't collect them before the next phase starts, they'll be gone!

The first risk attack phase starts two hours after Friday's daily reset. An attack phase lasts for two hours, the next one starts 6 hours after the previous one ends. The second attack phase is during the first 2 hours of the second hot time and the third phase is when most of you sleep, four hours before hot time starts again. Risk ends at Tuesday's reset.

At the daily reset any characters that were defeated are revived and can be used again. Chars on defense are stuck there (although you can switch them out for tokens, but don't do that). I don't know if they fixed this yet (prolly not), but if you attack a region and don't finish the attack before your access is cut off / the phase ends / the region locks, you characters might be stuck in limbo for days. Last time this happened to me, the region had to be conquered by us, then taken back by another team for my chars to become unstuck.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Hello, I just started playing this and just applied to BOLTAGOONS. My name in game is paymentplan. Seems fun so far!

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

I've been saving my Spiderman boxes to open them all at the start of hot time and I'm getting rather strange results.
Day 1: 5* rank ticket, clear tix, UUKs, hidden route tix, GUKs
Day 2: 5* rank ticket, clear tix, UUKs, hidden route tix, GUKs
Day 3: 5* rank ticket, clear tix, UUKs, hidden route tix, 100 energy

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I've pretty much just got Hidden Tickets, Clear Tickets, and Energy. I can't complain about any of those but nothing as big as a 5* ticket.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

I've pretty much just got Hidden Tickets, Clear Tickets, and Energy. I can't complain about any of those but nothing as big as a 5* ticket.

This has been my experience as well.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

I've gotten one 5* rank up and a 5* Loki Card, rest has been the standard stuff.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Although I didn't realize you could hold onto the boxes. I was sort of working under the impression that I had to open a box to make sure the next one showed up. I guess that doesn't make sense but it still seems odd since I don't remember ever waking up to 2 or 3 boxes when I'm away for a long time.

Maybe I'm just not getting enough sleep.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

Although I didn't realize you could hold onto the boxes. I was sort of working under the impression that I had to open a box to make sure the next one showed up. I guess that doesn't make sense but it still seems odd since I don't remember ever waking up to 2 or 3 boxes when I'm away for a long time.

You have to login every 4 hours to get the box.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

As long as the app is active (as in, open on screen, app connects you to the chat servers etc.) during a box's 4 hour period, you get the box. You won't see it until the app is restarted though. If there's no app activity, you won't get the box (i.e. if you sleep for 8 hours straight, you'll miss one box, possibly 2). Just checked and you actually need to restart to get the box every four hours.
The boxes expire after 7 days, so you could save up a whole bunch, but I just open them during the hot time I'm active in, in case I get a whole bunch of energy I need to burn through quickly.

Vodos fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jul 21, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ahh. That makes sense. I guess I just defaulted to "make sure to open up the app every couple of hours to make sure I get a box" and didn't think much about it beyond that.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Vodos posted:

You get thingies to turn into alliance points/xp/tokens based on the amount of regions we hold after each phase ends. If you don't collect them before the next phase starts, they'll be gone!

The first risk attack phase starts two hours after Friday's daily reset. An attack phase lasts for two hours, the next one starts 6 hours after the previous one ends. The second attack phase is during the first 2 hours of the second hot time and the third phase is when most of you sleep, four hours before hot time starts again. Risk ends at Tuesday's reset.

At the daily reset any characters that were defeated are revived and can be used again. Chars on defense are stuck there (although you can switch them out for tokens, but don't do that). I don't know if they fixed this yet (prolly not), but if you attack a region and don't finish the attack before your access is cut off / the phase ends / the region locks, you characters might be stuck in limbo for days. Last time this happened to me, the region had to be conquered by us, then taken back by another team for my chars to become unstuck.

Excellent. Thank you sir

And what?!? There are possible 5 star tickets?

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Excellent. Thank you sir

And what?!? There are possible 5 star tickets?

I've got 3 so far! Can contain 6* too:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I took over leadership of my alliance a few weeks ago and finally got us into the Risk game.

First week I just kind of singlehandedly won a couple of regions and we took 1st because no one else played.

Second week a few guys got into it and we nearly took the board.

This last week was an actual fight. I probably had 7-10 people playing and we took 1st, but it was a real fight with the other alliances and we kept going back and forth taking regions. We ultimately won it in the last Battle Phase by taking the 5* region with a firebomb and like 4 of us trying. I had to use 18 characters to take down the Black Order in one region, but we pulled it off with a team effort that put us over the top. Then I had to use a shield to protect another region they tried to nab at the last minute that would have put them back over the top.

It was fun but I imagine the novelty is going to wear off in a couple of weeks. And as we climb up the ladder I assume we'll just start getting our asses kicked by more advances alliances since we've only got a dozen really active and advanced players at best and none of us have a huge roster of T2s.

But hey, some Alliance Tokens and 2 million gold isn't bad for a mini game that doesn't even cost energy. And it seems to be having a really positive affect on my trying to build up my dinky alliance with some real team building bonding exercises.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I like Risk a lot. It's a lot of fun. It gets crazy at times but it's enjoyable.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I'm having fun with it for now and debating the merits of giving Class 1 to a bunch of the more active players so they can use the tools or worrying that they'll burn out our reserve of Alliance Pts or whatever it is. Its cool to have another thing to play with and one that actually kind of is genuinely co-operative and strategic.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
As a class 2, should I be saving Alliance tokens? I've just been donating them because I couldn't figure out anyplace else to use them.

Also, for the X-Men tracking missions, is there any advantage to doing the highest level difficulty? The rewards appear to be 1 bio and 1 m'kraan shard for each mission, regardless of level, and I'm wondering if I can use it to grind up lower level characters.

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.
I was fiending some more great Marvel Ultimate Alliance gameplay, so I re-download this game. Applied to 'Doctor Goons' as Zagyl.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

WHAT THE gently caress YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! TAKE ALL MY MONIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

bisonyes.gif