Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

blue footed boobie posted:

Madrid will have a bunch of money now, and James' wages off the books. Are they supposed to be making any moves?
They already bought Theo, Ceballos, and Vinicius for like 80m, so they now are balls deep at every position except forward so they'll probably buy Mbappe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
where does danilo rate on the kyle walker scale

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Madrid will have a bunch of money now, and James' wages off the books. Are they supposed to be making any moves?

They're making all the moves alongside the main character, Cristiano Ronaldo.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

There's talk that Madrid want De Gea again, but I don't think they're getting him. He still has two years left on his contract and after the Morata debacle United probably aren't in a selling mood.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

In possibly the least exciting transfer news in some time, Elmohamady and Whelan to Aston Villa are done deals.

https://twitter.com/AVFCOfficial/status/887698578273177600

https://twitter.com/AVFCOfficial/status/887975579932393472

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Sad about losing Morata

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

straight up brolic posted:

They already bought Theo, Ceballos, and Vinicius for like 80m, so they now are balls deep at every position except forward so they'll probably buy Mbappe

Don't forget about getting Vallejo and Llorrente back, insanely good

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

Actually this owns.

This however, is poo poo.

Verratti is already a massive oval office, this is just his way of announcing it to the world outside of France where everyone's known it for years

But seriously, Ben Arfa would be a good buy for Nice since Belhanda went back to Dynamo Kyiv.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Raiola is cool and good and so are the people he represents imo.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
The most exciting signing Brighton have made is Hope Powell to manage the Woman's Super League team.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Already 100% certain but Bonucci to AC Milan is a done deal

https://mobile.twitter.com/acmilan/status/888006243771666432

Same day as Juventus announced signing De Siglio, so he was probably a part of the deal lol

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

straight up brolic posted:

Totally forgot any of these transfers happened.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Hegay posted:

Already 100% certain but Bonucci to AC Milan is a done deal

https://mobile.twitter.com/acmilan/status/888006243771666432

Same day as Juventus announced signing De Siglio, so he was probably a part of the deal lol

Juventus were adamant that he wasn't part of the deal, but he definitely was. Probably a wise move on their part to not damage his fragile mind.

He may be good for Juventus, he's a lot like Balotelli in that he needs a really specific environment for him to be good. There were flashes at Milan when things were going well that he really showed his skill. I'm glad he's gone but I wouldn't be surprised to see him become a better player now.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
An Italian garbageman who made an appearance for Juventus a decade ago to a team of garbagemen who lost to a newly promoted side in the first game of the new season is a done deal.

https://twitter.com/LegiaWarsawEN/status/887959035621900289

:toot:

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
supposedly Arsenal are buying back Wellington Silva and selling him straight to Bordeaux. buying back for 3.5 and selling for 5 mil or something along those lines.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Lot 49 posted:

Raiola is cool and good and so are the people he represents imo.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWfWVMTgY3U/

Syncopated fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Jul 20, 2017

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
quote is not edit

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Defrel to Roma is official
https://mobile.twitter.com/ASRomaEN/status/888020857666375681/video/1

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Whoever runs the Roma English twitter is good :discourse:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/JBurtTelegraph/...s-live-13357783

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
The quantum state of Naby Keita appears to be collapsing to OFF, in much the same way as my excitement for Liverpools transfer window.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

so it's on then. 10m euros isn't going to stop city from getting their guy

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

tarbrush posted:

The quantum state of Naby Keita appears to be collapsing to OFF, in much the same way as my excitement for Liverpools transfer window.

I think you may be the only person left actually talking about Keita to Liverpool.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Scousers are so distraught with this transfer not happening, they tweeted at Raphael Honigstein to set Keita free of his Red Bull shackles.

Never mind the sporting director being Ralf Rangnick.

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
Chicharito is just about done and signed, and Randolph is off to Middlesborough. We'll see if anything happens with Keita Balde or Wilshire, but I like what the Hammers have done so far.

Anae
Apr 23, 2008

Ace Jameson posted:

Chicharito is just about done and signed, and Randolph is off to Middlesborough. We'll see if anything happens with Keita Balde or Wilshire, but I like what the Hammers have done so far.

Keita Balde would be an incredible signing, I can't see it happening though. I'm not sure I like their other signings to be honest, but we'll see...

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I would really rather enjoy it if someone other than Inter signs Keita from Lazio, not that other Keita.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://twitter.com/WestHamUtd/status/888073828202631168

RIP the mexican pea.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
how did Payet do in France?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Lmao, that's amazing

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

This is really good.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

The Keita stuff is a bit odd. Firing up the scouse conspiracy machine, it sounds like we were under the impression that Red Bull would accept the latest bid and Keita wanted to join (that last bit was apparently all legit and not at all tapping up like VvD), then they turned around and rejected it. So either:

a) we were being fobbed off so Red Bull can save face and stand up to the "big boys"

b) Red Bull are holding out for even more money

c) it's all bollocks and Red Bull are evil masterminds (this is the most likely option)

I'm not convinced it's all completely done and dusted yet. Keita would be a good purchase but it's not a position we're desperate for so if it all comes to nought I wouldn't be too disappointed. CB is more important though.

Robertson is almost done, supposed to be announced tonight.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Red Bull has literally all the money, they don't need to sell. The club just finished 2nd in the Bundesliga and are going to play CL football so why would the player want to leave?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

EvilHawk posted:

The Keita stuff is a bit odd. Firing up the scouse conspiracy machine, it sounds like we were under the impression that Red Bull would accept the latest bid and Keita wanted to join (that last bit was apparently all legit and not at all tapping up like VvD), then they turned around and rejected it. So either:

a) we were being fobbed off so Red Bull can save face and stand up to the "big boys"

b) Red Bull are holding out for even more money

c) it's all bollocks and Red Bull are evil masterminds (this is the most likely option)

I'm not convinced it's all completely done and dusted yet. Keita would be a good purchase but it's not a position we're desperate for so if it all comes to nought I wouldn't be too disappointed. CB is more important though.

Robertson is almost done, supposed to be announced tonight.

Another possibility is that a player or a player's agent will tell Liverpool they want a move, but they don't want a move bad enough to put in a transfer request.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

MrBling posted:

Red Bull has literally all the money, they don't need to sell. The club just finished 2nd in the Bundesliga and are going to play CL football so why would the player want to leave?

Red Bull have been saying all along that they would never sell him and it's been obvious that it' was never going to happen. It's top fan fiction.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
West Ham are going down.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Red Bull have been saying all along that they would never sell him and it's been obvious that it' was never going to happen. It's top fan fiction.
Pretty much. Red Bull don't want to sell and they don't need the money, so they can tell anyone to gently caress off.

Honestly I don't know anything about Keita, it was more of a "in Klopp we trust" feeling that I went with, but just thank christ that we're not spending nearly 70m on a single player (at the moment anyway).

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
privacy publicly displayed
Monaco are kicking up a stink about Mbappe. The question is, do they really want to keep him or is this a ploy to get Madrid/City to pay up an insane fee as a price to not be reported.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

MrBling posted:

There are lots of reasons a player might want to leave. Like it or not Liverpool are a more prestigious club then RB, perhaps he wants to advance his own career that way?

Brony Car posted:

Another possibility is that a player or a player's agent will tell Liverpool they want a move, but they don't want a move bad enough to put in a transfer request.

Entirely possible.

There has allegedly been a bit split in the board, with half wanting to sell and half not. Again, the suggestion (from the German side) was that we were told that a sale was possible:

https://twitter.com/honigstein/status/886944541542109184

It's not fan fiction. There's clearly been some discussions behind the scenes and we would not have been after him for so long if RB absolutely would not sell under any circumstances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Honigstein has neither ties to RB nor any first hand info.

• Locked thread