Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I can't speak for EU side, but I think I remember an EU player saying the community was either a different name or not enough people to keep it going. Sorry I can't be more specific. I'll let one of the EU guys jump in to confirm what is the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

Dameius posted:

I can't speak for EU side, but I think I remember an EU player saying the community was either a different name or not enough people to keep it going. Sorry I can't be more specific. I'll let one of the EU guys jump in to confirm what is the case.

I never found any LLJK clan or community active on EU; been living my life goon free in D3 for years. I think it's why my enthusiasm burns out so quickly.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

It might not be the most efficient or clear GR100+ but I found this Inarius build to be a lot of fun playing non-season http://www.diablofans.com/builds/92362-inarius-novalancer-post-hotfix

Still uses corpse lance for blowing up elites but you use the offhand that procs blood nova off siphon blood and it tears through stuff, has frailty aura too for less buttons to press

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
I'm saving my first necro run for a season that rolls Inarius or Pestilence as the free sets. Those look the most fun to me.

I'm thinking I'll either monk or barb this time around.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Plavski posted:

I never found any LLJK clan or community active on EU; been living my life goon free in D3 for years. I think it's why my enthusiasm burns out so quickly.

You could always just roll a seasonal character on Americas.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

WD for me. I have the least play time with it even vs. Monk which is amazing to me. It's the first class I played (wanted a D3 Necro back then, still haven't bought the new one, lol) and maybe left a bad taste in my mouth since the vanilla release.

edit:

Katamari Democracy posted:

Hey dude I will add you! (My name is Hopper # 1927)

I got to raid tomorrow but once I am done I should be ok to slam some demons with you. I got a couple buddies I know IRL who are also hopping along.

Sounds good!

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Jul 20, 2017

Senso
Nov 4, 2005

Always working
I live in South East Asia right now but still play in the Americas zone. I get a tiny bit of lag now and then but otherwise, I don't see a reason to switch to Asia region.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

mewse posted:

Oooo how big a gift will the crafting mats be when creating weapons during the 1-70 grind, and rerolling for reduced level req

:siren:This is now confirmed by testing in Asia: If you have not done your Challenge Rift, you can do it immediately after the season starts with your level 1 character and then claim the reward on it!:siren:

This is pretty huge to start a fresh season on a level 1 with 8 bounty mats, 200 crafting mats, 300 blood shards, and 4 million gold. Check out the best items for your class, and when you can roll them, so you can gamble at the minimum level to get them. Here's a good site for that if you want to see the minimum levels: http://www.d3planner.com/game/kadala

DrSeRRoD fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jul 20, 2017

mewse
May 2, 2006

DrSeRRoD posted:

Here's a good site for that if you want to see the minimum levels: http://www.d3planner.com/game/kadala

That is a good site. On a level 1 monk I would gamble blood shards on boots because I'd have a chance at either level 8 crudest boots or level 8 rivera dancers, both of which are really good for leveling.

Gotta figure out what to roll for DH...

e: looks like rolling belts at level 13 for hellcat waistguard might be a good idea

e: aw dude the necro's skeletal mage ring is the only ring they have available at level 11, that should mean you can roll a level 1 necro and gamble rings and it will be the only legendary option

mewse fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jul 20, 2017

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Starfire able to be gambled at level 8 for Wizards, Manald Heal at 24.

Thank you, stat stick legendary reworks.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
HPS has been a right pain in the rear end all through the last season anf the interim month and it can roll at 27. Might be worth it to blow your wad on getting one.

mewse
May 2, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

Starfire able to be gambled at level 8 for Wizards, Manald Heal at 24.

Trying to gamble starfire with the free blood shards will be risky because there are 4 1h weapon options at level 8

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

mewse posted:

Trying to gamble starfire with the free blood shards will be risky because there are 4 1h weapon options at level 8

Hm yeah I forgot you have to compete against swords etc. as well. Starfire is probably easy enough to find just from levelling normally and can be cubed much sooner thanks to challenge rifts.

ovenboy
Nov 16, 2014

DrSeRRoD posted:

:siren:This is now confirmed by testing in Asia: If you have not done your Challenge Rift, you can do it immediately after the season starts with your level 1 character and then claim the reward on it!:siren:

Where do you find the challenge rifts?

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

ovenboy posted:

Where do you find the challenge rifts?

It's a game mode, like Campaign and Adventure. You exit to the menu, click Game Settings, and then select Challenge Rifts.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

mewse posted:

e: aw dude the necro's skeletal mage ring is the only ring they have available at level 11, that should mean you can roll a level 1 necro and gamble rings and it will be the only legendary option

Yes, but it's a very low chance. You get 6 shots at it with 300 shards, so not likely to get it, but if you do, you can carry the group and GR20 will be much easier. Same with the Corpse Explosion gauntlets, which gives a nice boost to the damage and will carry for a while, just like gungdo gear.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I think I'll just shoot for leoric's crown at 0 and any other armors since blood shards will be few and far between.

mewse
May 2, 2006

4 million gold haha, instantly upgrade all vendors and buy all stash tabs

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
What's the threshold for gambling items above your level? Like, wouldn't you need your necromancer to be level 11 to get the mages ring or is it just that that's the lowest potential option so if it rolls orange that's the one you get?

ovenboy
Nov 16, 2014

DrSeRRoD posted:

It's a game mode, like Campaign and Adventure. You exit to the menu, click Game Settings, and then select Challenge Rifts.

Cool, thanks!

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
:black101: LETS loving DO THIS (torment 13)

gently caress it im streaming this https://www.twitch.tv/shillerqueen

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jul 20, 2017

mewse
May 2, 2006

bio347 posted:

What's the threshold for gambling items above your level? Like, wouldn't you need your necromancer to be level 11 to get the mages ring or is it just that that's the lowest potential option so if it rolls orange that's the one you get?

My experience with monk boots was that people thought you had to be level 8 but you could roll at level 1 and it would spit out level 8 legendaries

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

bio347 posted:

I think it only applies to level 1, where there may not be legendaries of a certain type, so it allows you to get the closest ones to your level. This makes gambling for items at level 1 the best if the thing you want is the very first legendary of that type. If there is one before, then you have to wait until the level of the item to gamble, but now you have other possible legendaries.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Is the idea to get a legendary with a powerful enough effect (doubling skeletal mages for instance) that it will last a long time leveling even as you outscale the stats? Is it so you can extract the power from the cube? Both?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I kind of want to just roll with a crusader because it seems like the least movement-dependent class, but on the other hand all the beefy lunkhead classes are crap until you get top tier gear.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

A cornerstone of crusaders is their "get on a horse and move really fast" skill, their top build is constantly moving around and let bombardment kill things for you.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Tom Tucker posted:

Is the idea to get a legendary with a powerful enough effect (doubling skeletal mages for instance) that it will last a long time leveling even as you outscale the stats? Is it so you can extract the power from the cube? Both?

Both.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

DrSeRRoD posted:

I think it only applies to level 1, where there may not be legendaries of a certain type, so it allows you to get the closest ones to your level. This makes gambling for items at level 1 the best if the thing you want is the very first legendary of that type. If there is one before, then you have to wait until the level of the item to gamble, but now you have other possible legendaries.
That makes sense.

Tom Tucker posted:

Both, basically, with the added point that there are some effects that you're gonna need anyway for your level 70 build. The necro Gift set is the pet one, and finding the ring is going to be a huge limiter on your early power. If you can grab one for essentially free at level 1, it'll save you a bunch of time in the early gearing phase.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice

Larrymer posted:

I think I'll just shoot for leoric's crown at 0 and any other armors since blood shards will be few and far between.

This is a guaranteed drop on first kill of Skelly King during campaign. Or so I've been told. Worked for me, anyways.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

I ride bikes all day posted:

This is a guaranteed drop on first kill of Skelly King during campaign. Or so I've been told. Worked for me, anyways.

It is, but running the campaign until SK is just not as efficient (or fun imo) as rifting unless you have a non-season player run the campaign for you and give your group the waypoint. Where are the non-season, campaign-loving, players at? :)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Leo's Crown is a super common helm drop while leveling when the legendary pool is so low. At least one person in your group is almost guaranteed to get it in a rift.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Do we know what the free sets this season will be?

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Avalerion posted:

Do we know what the free sets this season will be?

Barbarian – Wrath of the Wastes
Crusader – Roland’s Legacy
Demon Hunter – Unhallowed Essence
Monk – Raiment of a Thousand Storms
Necromancer – Bones of Rathma
Witch Doctor – Helltooth Harness
Wizard – Tal Rasha’s Elements

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I am actually excited in starting the new season. :) Rathmas isnt bad but i'll be damned if skele mages are hot dog poo poo. Better than nothing I suppose.

mewse posted:

4 million gold haha, instantly upgrade all vendors and buy all stash tabs

and easily get rare geared out by the time you hit 70! That should speed up the process up a bit!

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

Leo's Crown is a super common helm drop while leveling when the legendary pool is so low. At least one person in your group is almost guaranteed to get it in a rift.

But if they're smart, they'll throw the biggest ruby in there they can and keep it. Not much worth gambling for that early on, I just want to get through to 70 quickly and burn what few shards I hope to get from the CR to get that lovely crown.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Neato, barb for me it is then. Did demon hunter and wizard last season so it should be a nice change. :D

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

DrSeRRoD posted:

Barbarian – Wrath of the Wastes
Crusader – Roland’s Legacy
Demon Hunter – Unhallowed Essence
Monk – Raiment of a Thousand Storms
Necromancer – Bones of Rathma
Witch Doctor – Helltooth Harness
Wizard – Tal Rasha’s Elements

This is like a who's who of most boringest sets in the game. Well at least Tal's is always good.

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

Can't decide what to play. DH is my favorite and will probably be easy to get farming quickly with UE, but I've played it a lot. Never tried WW barb or the latest lightning wizard builds, and wizard is the only class I don't have for non-seasonal. Never played Helltooth garg or chicken doctor either. Decisions!

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I'll try monk out for this season, I guess. Never played as one before, any tips?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

spit on my clit posted:

I'll try monk out for this season, I guess. Never played as one before, any tips?

Punch. Everything.