Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

ImpAtom posted:

"News at 11" also happened. When I was growing up there would be 'upcoming news' alerts during commerical breaks which would basically amount to "We got poo poo to report on, the news is at 11." (Well, 11/10/whatever the hell time your personal news was.)

It's not a case where one is right or wrong but both happened at different times and so people remember them differently depending on age/demographic/whatever.

You know how people say "I could care less" or "for all intensive purposes?"

Yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Here we would say "More at 11" because between 8 and 9 there would be a 20 second read of the headlines in one of the ad breaks, and the phrase was to let you know those headlines would be expanded upon during the actual nightly news show. But I guess regional and temporal differences in the sting of late night news is exactly the same as an eggcorn.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Calaveron posted:

I mean Plastic Man walked up to Superman and called him a fascist shithead to his face, then proceeded to free a whole lot of people they had imprisoned after literally flipping Supes the bird
Plastic Man is exactly the guy you want in your team, Oliver

Yeah, all the super-powerful fascists were kind of cringing in fear that he had shown up.

More.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Cave Carson #10. Tooth Bane would make a pretty great av.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ultimates #9

Evil supercosmic concepts are having a discussion. Then there's a door?

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Same issue:

Ms. America opens a portal to the infamous punch dimension.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That's the dimension where Cyclops' eyebeams come from. You know, the one that his eyeballs are a portal to.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

That explains so much. Particularly why it feels like my eyeballs have been punched in the face when I go outside.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

That's the dimension where Cyclops' eyebeams come from. You know, the one that his eyeballs are a portal to.

I suppose it's lucky she aimed that portal right and didn't pop out of Cyclops' face.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

TwoPair posted:

I suppose it's lucky she aimed that portal right and didn't pop out of Cyclops' face.

Eyebeams don't work when you're dead.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Maybe his eyes were closed?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adnor posted:

Same issue:

Ms. America opens a portal to the infamous punch dimension.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Eyebeams don't work when you're dead.

Wait did young Cyke bite it recently? I'm behind on X books.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I started to write a post about whether or not Present-day Cyke being dead means that Young Cyke is sort of dead too but just hasn't caught up to it yet, but then I started to try and unravel what pulling the Young X-men into the future and leaving them there means to the timeline and now I have a nosebleed.

It didn't actually change anything about he past, did it? Like everyone still remembers all the stuff that happened after they were boosted forward, even if they never get the chance to do that now?

:psyduck:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

No, they are more or less split from the timeline completely at this point.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Unless you are literally being paid to do so, it is not worth the trouble to make sense of the X-men timelines. Just assume everything is more or less ok until and unless the writer at that moment is telling you otherwise.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Ashcans posted:

I started to write a post about whether or not Present-day Cyke being dead means that Young Cyke is sort of dead too but just hasn't caught up to it yet, but then I started to try and unravel what pulling the Young X-men into the future and leaving them there means to the timeline and now I have a nosebleed.

It didn't actually change anything about he past, did it? Like everyone still remembers all the stuff that happened after they were boosted forward, even if they never get the chance to do that now?

:psyduck:

You're assuming the young people pulled forward are from the same universe as the older X-men.

Multiverses make anything possible.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

mind the walrus posted:

Unless you are literally being paid to do so, it is not worth the trouble to make sense of the X-men timelines. Just assume everything is more or less ok until and unless the writer at that moment is telling you otherwise.

I would add that even if you're explicitly being paid by Marvel to write X-Men books you still don't need to understand it or care

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

ghosthorse posted:

I would add that even if you're explicitly being paid by Marvel to write X-Men books you still don't need to understand it or care

Yeah, just jam together a bunch of pseudoscience words until it sounds cool and roll with it.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

ghosthorse posted:

Oh yeah. The only time anyone ever needs to care about X-men and time travel is when they are explicitly being paid to care about the time travel.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

What would happen if young and old cyclops had a staring contest? Just constant punching on an infinite loop?

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Cyclops is immune to his own eyebeams.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
So he can't jack off using his eye beams?

*crumples up paper and throws in the trash*

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Push El Burrito posted:

He could blast some kind of turbine that would power a contraption hooked up to his dick

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Push El Burrito posted:

No. He's also immune to his brothers energy blasts, so you can bin that second idea of yours too.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

McCloud posted:

No. He's also immune to his brothers energy blasts, so you can bin that second idea of yours too.

Not being a mutant, is Corsair immune to the blasts?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Not being a mutant, is Corsair immune to the blasts?

He's at the very least immune to child support bills.

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.
I am very sorry I had two replies open at the same time and boy I hosed it up. But hey it is funny so I guess I'll uh leave it?

So I was looking for a drop cloth online and apparently I'm an idiot for using it to prevent paint spills, you should use it to make weird house umbrellas and curtains:

https://www.amazon.com/Purpose-Canvas-Cotton-Drop-Cloth/dp/B00TIXP6EU

ByAngon November 15, 2015
Verified Purchase
Perfect for my patio, perfect outdoor curtains!

Wow! This is a lot of canvas fabric! ...
ByDROUSEon March 28, 2015
Verified Purchase
Wow! This is a lot of canvas fabric! I'm using them to make curtains. So I washed and dried them as suggested from a previous review. They come out a lot smaller. But still plenty of material for what I need. Now I ironed one drop cloth for 2 hours if that tells you anything! I'm going to paint them and line them. We'll see how it goes.

(blah blah use it as a tarp attached to a house)

5.0 out of 5 starsTe perfect drop cloth to use as a tablecloth
ByE. KIRKHAMon March 13, 2017
Verified Purchase
I love this drop cloth. I have purchased many drop cloths to use as outdoor tablecloths for winery events and this one is the best by far. It is medium weight (10 ounces) so not as heavy as some of the others that I've purchased. The seam runs length wise, evenly down the middle. It is stitched with a reddish brown thread which I like. It makes a nice decorative detail on the "tablecloth." The hems are likewise stitched with the same thread. This is the most stylish cloth we've found. I'm purchasing these for all of our outdoor tables.

Bozart fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jul 21, 2017

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

That's my favorite issue of X-men.

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.
I know this is the funny panels no edits thread but does anyone have the edit of darkseid sitting in a chair saying "you're back from outer space" "and you just found this look on my face" ? I looked for it on GIS for awhile and could not locate it (but I found its source, which is not funny in particular).

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Doea anyone have any other funny house tip panels?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Alas, no exciting new uses for drop-cloths, just a snake-woman.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lurdiak posted:

He's at the very least immune to child support bills.

This is a good post.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Corsair doesn't know poo poo about his son

e: Found a better source

Zeeman fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jul 21, 2017

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Hello just dropping by to remind everybody that DC publishes a full comic ad for KFC yearly and it is amazing

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Have they done a Crisis of Infinite Colonels yet?

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
They did an alternate dimension Evil Colonel, which implies a KFC multiverse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Is there one where KFC is not poo poo?