Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Digital Osmosis posted:

Is anyone else having trouble logging in? Or is something weird on my end?

I just got kicked and now I can't log back in, I just get "An Unexpected Error Occurred."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Berke Negri posted:

smdh if you're not just crafting CP160 gold gear just to hand over to your non-cp alt to decon to level up their crafting, the only true way to live

Does crafting for alts on the same account work like having someone else craft, or does it have to be from a different account to work well?

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
So... how do I get this sneaking gear/when should I hunt for it?

Wiki says its in Deshaan and Stormhaven, do I just go quest in those areas and farm a dungeon boss until it drops them?

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Dungeon bosses and world bosses drop different equipment pieces, and the jewelry you get from dolmens. Add in quest rewards and what you find in chests, and it won't take you too long to find a full set of either if you level by questing in Deshaan and Stormhaven.

I don't think either Night Mother's Embrace or Night Terror are in high demand, so if you're still interested in them when you hit C160, you can probably get all the max level equipment you want in those sets from Guild Traders for not too much money.

Also consider trying Night's Silence, which is one of the first sets you'll be able to craft from as it only requires 2 traits. Also it'll be easy to find a goon who's able to craft you a set for whatever level you're at—just ask in guild chat.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Jul 19, 2017

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Scyantific posted:

People will tell you to use Minion. Ignore them.

Why? Minion works great.

Turk
Mar 27, 2006

Minion is good because I'm so drat lazy. Just don't let it auto update addons and read the change logs before updating if you worry about an addon getting broken. Also close it when your done. It likes to live in the system tray if you don't actually shut it down.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

What's minion?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
It's like the curse client, it keeps track of what add-ons you had installed and updates them automatically.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

What's minion?

http://minion.gg/

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Turk posted:

Also close it when your done. It likes to live in the system tray if you don't actually shut it down.

Why is that a problem?

Turk
Mar 27, 2006

JackBadass posted:

Why is that a problem?

It's not a problem. I just don't like poo poo running in the tray that isn't really needed.

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

Get out the tray
Get out the tray
Mooove

redhalo
May 19, 2009

Rollersnake posted:

Looks like someone (@robertmccoy) completely looted the Deconstruct Circlejerk guild bank yesterday. NeurosisHead is the only one who has privileges to kick members, and it looks like they haven't been on in five months. So, uhh, what now? Abandon it and start over?

I'll own up to it. I had put stuff in and no one used any of it. Like ever. I watched and nothing ever left the bank. I figured everyone else that's active must be maxed out or something. I'll try my best to add what I can to the bank and cool it for a while. Sorry I suck.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Did you ask anyone at all before pillaging the bank, or did you figure that "Oh i've watched it for a week or two and nothing got removed so it's cool if I pull everything out of the bank and vendor it, and pocket it"?

Ask people before you do massive poo poo like that, it's only polite.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

redhalo posted:

I'll own up to it. I had put stuff in and no one used any of it. Like ever. I watched and nothing ever left the bank. I figured everyone else that's active must be maxed out or something. I'll try my best to add what I can to the bank and cool it for a while. Sorry I suck.

I stopped pulling stuff out and replacing it about... a week ago! Hence why the vast majority of the glyphs in there were made by me, thanks to another Goon I maxed my skill.

Now that my other skills are maxed I've been putting all my white 'intricate' drops in there for goons to use, but seriously, no one goon should pull out every single item that spans all sorts of different crafting skills. I mean what did you do with all the poo poo, just sell it?

Another goon had placed a single piece of every trait for every item for all the crafting. Did that not strike you as something that wouldn't be cleaned out regularly? I mean seriously, you pull an item out, research it, then put a replacement back, but that might take weeks for your last trait on something.

I'm glad you owned up and are going to try to replace it, because I don't have anywhere else useful to put all my intricate poo poo to let other people use it for leveling crafting.

rargphlam
Dec 16, 2008
Is any of the DLC worth it in the gold edition? Considering eventually getting it, but don't know if it's any good. Is

redhalo
May 19, 2009

The Locator posted:

I stopped pulling stuff out and replacing it about... a week ago! Hence why the vast majority of the glyphs in there were made by me, thanks to another Goon I maxed my skill.

Now that my other skills are maxed I've been putting all my white 'intricate' drops in there for goons to use, but seriously, no one goon should pull out every single item that spans all sorts of different crafting skills. I mean what did you do with all the poo poo, just sell it?

Another goon had placed a single piece of every trait for every item for all the crafting. Did that not strike you as something that wouldn't be cleaned out regularly? I mean seriously, you pull an item out, research it, then put a replacement back, but that might take weeks for your last trait on something.

I'm glad you owned up and are going to try to replace it, because I don't have anywhere else useful to put all my intricate poo poo to let other people use it for leveling crafting.

Again, I'm sorry. I figured more senior players were putting stuff in there for lower players to level with. I misunderstood a lot of the ideas behind the bank and will not be pulling from it anymore, only putting in. I realize admitting to it doesn't fix this, but I'm trying to not be as much of a poo poo head as my actions show me as.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

redhalo posted:

Again, I'm sorry. I figured more senior players were putting stuff in there for lower players to level with. I misunderstood a lot of the ideas behind the bank and will not be pulling from it anymore, only putting in. I realize admitting to it doesn't fix this, but I'm trying to not be as much of a poo poo head as my actions show me as.

Thanks for owning up to it. It's not a big deal to fix as long as people continue to pitch in. We just weren't sure if you were a goon or not, would've done it again, and unless NeurosisHead comes back, there's no longer any way to deal with problem members in Deconstruct Circlejerk.

I posted it at the end of last page, but if anyone wants me to make a new goon crafting guild to replace Deconstuct Circlejerk, I can do that. I'm not planning on going inactive anytime soon, and I'd actually appoint officers and stuff.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jul 20, 2017

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

rargphlam posted:

Is any of the DLC worth it in the gold edition? Considering eventually getting it, but don't know if it's any good. Is

Yes.

Natsuumi
Jun 13, 2003

Natsuumi's gone.
I'm Cherlene now.

rargphlam posted:

They're all very well done, but Orsinium especially was amazing to me.

Sad Wendigo
Jul 23, 2007

Nap Ghost

Rollersnake posted:

I posted it at the end of last page, but if anyone wants me to make a new goon crafting guild to replace Deconstuct Circlejerk, I can do that. I'm not planning on going inactive anytime soon, and I'd actually appoint officers and stuff.

Can people still be invited to the Deconstruct Circlejerk guild if the leader is absent?

Because if not, I suppose a new guild would be a good idea.
Otherwise somebody could invite @SadWombat to the old one.

I've been dropping the 'intricate' stuff I find into the regular guild bank up until now.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Sad Wendigo posted:

I've been dropping the 'intricate' stuff I find into the regular guild bank up until now.

I still do that, even with access to the crafting bank. Gives more people a chance to get some crafting bonus, and they aren't the point of a crafting circle, anyway.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Sad Wendigo posted:

Can people still be invited to the Deconstruct Circlejerk guild if the leader is absent?

Because if not, I suppose a new guild would be a good idea.
Otherwise somebody could invite @SadWombat to the old one.

Anyone who is a member at the lowest rank in Circlejerk can invite, but the member list is fairly small. There is usually somebody on besides me though when I'm on, so at least a few actives that should be able to get you in. I'm out until tomorrow night after work or I'd toss you one.

Sad Wendigo
Jul 23, 2007

Nap Ghost

The Locator posted:

Anyone who is a member at the lowest rank in Circlejerk can invite, but the member list is fairly small. There is usually somebody on besides me though when I'm on, so at least a few actives that should be able to get you in. I'm out until tomorrow night after work or I'd toss you one.

Cool. I'll ask in chat next time I'm on.

On another note, if I wanted to blast a new character up to lvl 50, that's the quickest way/place to do that?

Konig
Feb 24, 2012

This stink up's mega
bam-bam to the J-Stop
PS4 goon requesting entry into Chill Bros, my fat argonian Frill-Necked Wizard just hit L10. Username Borgle92, thanks guys

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.
Any chance I can get a guild invite? PC/NA @Boxor01

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

The upcoming PvP event looks fun, I'm terrible at PvP but I'm gonna try to level up my lizard magBlade so I can run w/ the goon brigade provided y'all don't mind having a <lvl50 around.

Actually, is anyone planning on being in Cyrodiil at all while the event is on, or is everyone going to be in Vvardenfell?

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
Well, I can re-emerge and try to finally learn to PvP properly. Running in, doing damage, and exploding is fun but horribly inefficient.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

This might be weird, but can I play this game and somehow hide other players?

I want to play an Elder Scrolls game at my pace, but it's weird going into an "Ancient Temple of Relics" for a super special secret mission and when I arrive there's like 5 dudes there just waiting for the next spawn or running around. Everyone running everywhere.

Also combat kinda sucks, I Don't feel like I'm in danger of dying ever, although I'm only level 6...

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I want to play an Elder Scrolls game at my pace, but it's weird going into an "Ancient Temple of Relics" for a super special secret mission and when I arrive there's like 5 dudes there just waiting for the next spawn or running around. Everyone running everywhere.

Also combat kinda sucks, I Don't feel like I'm in danger of dying ever, although I'm only level 6...

To the former, no. To the latter, welcome to Elder Scrolls

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

I Don't feel like I'm in danger of dying ever, although I'm only level 6...

There has never existed an MMO with a traditional leveling system where you were in danger at level 6.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
PvP in this game is pretty easy if you find a meat grinder group and just roll with it.

Eta: although right now I'm looking at loading screens for minutes at a time

G-Spot Run fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jul 20, 2017

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
Could I get an invite to the guild? @DMW45

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Chomp8645 posted:

There has never existed an MMO with a traditional leveling system where you were in danger at level 6.
I used to die at low level in original EQ, but things have changed a lot in the last 18 years.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
If you want to die in ESO go to Deshaan and check out the skull emblems on the map. Find a guar named Bittergreen and attack him.

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
gently caress that goddamn guar. I guess it would've been too obs to make that thing an actual troll. A guar that occasionally shits out a 360 degree aoe that does gently caress you damage and also stuns.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

This isn't a single player game, no.

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

So I hopped on the ESO train to get a sweet hit of that Morrowind nostalgia, I'm still pretty green. Overall, I'm really digging it. The core gameplay loop is classic elder scrolls (well... modern classic elder scrolls) and the big change in "one tamriel" seem to be smart af. I'm generally playing it as a single-player game, enjoying the goon guild for the chat. The other players running around was a little annoying at first but now I get pumped when my run syncs up with someone else's in a delve or whatever. Common rando, let's gently caress this boss up! I've historically been pretty disinterested in MMOs after "leveling" but the community (not just the goons, actually) seems chill and willing to teach, I'll probably give some multiplayer stuff a try. Plus my argonian sneak-thief needs the "Hist-Shadow" title and that's something I can't do solo.

Anyway, being an elder scrolls game, I've kinda been flitting from activity to activity. Dark brotherhood, back to Vvardenfell, running around grabbing sky-shards, stealing poo poo and then crafting with it, whatever. A few days ago I decided to hop onto the Pact "main quest line" because I heard they give away skill points and even though I have like five of those piling up, I need my sweet sweet SP. It's... really weird. The plot itself is pretty good (for a bethesda game) and I dig the way story-arcs move across a zone and are limited to that zone. I also like the extra XP and free SP. But it's also super, super weird, because they were clearly designed before the one tamriel update and have a lot of classic "theme park" MMO moves. Like, a main quest will take you to an area filled with enemies and there'll be two or three other quest givers who want you to click shineys while you're running about saving the world or whatever. It's not annoying, with the total freedom and level scaling from "one tamriel" I never feel like I have to do anything tedious like I felt, say, when I first started playing SWTOR. But it is kinda weird. At this point it feels like someone grafted a theme park MMO progression onto an elder scrolls game. I know that's backwards, but that's how it feels to suddenly run across a main quest and three sub-quests in one little area.

If/when I do get into non-solo stuff, dungeons or maybe PVP... what's my role? I'm a bow/bow stam warden, and it's super fun soloing - combines good damage, range, and an absurd amount of survivability. A lot of that goes away in optimized play with groups, though. Can my build work as DPS in a dungeon? Or should I level with it and then when I'm ready to join the big boys switch to a magicka healer build? How are warden healers, btw?

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

I'm a new player too, and I highly recommend going to the group finder and queuing up for a random dungeon every now and then. Some dungeons are far, far, harder (the cyrodiil ones) than the others, but even as a noob DPS I have never actually failed to complete a dungeon with a pick up group. Doing a random dungeon once a day gives you boatload of XP, all the dungeons have a quest inside that rewards a skill point, and you get mailed a nice, on-level pink piece of equipment/weapon after you're done. Don't be shy about joining the dungeon queue, the try-hards have veteran dungeons they can run, and no one is going to be harrassing you for being level 15 while they're in their champ levels.

I'm a warden too and I think the key to "good damage" is throwing out a lot of dots and then spamming your best attack with heavy attacks as needed. Devouring swarm, the ice line ultimate, and whatever the bow skill is that puts a patch of damage on the ground, plus whatever you like for direct damage (love my cliffracers) should be good to pull your own weight with.

Compared to world bosses that are generally just tank and spank HP sponges, the bosses in dungeons can have some pretty interesting mechanics. I walk away from a lot of fights thinking "that was really fun", which is a feeling an MMO hasn't given me in a long while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Should probably have farmed some PvP gear before the PvP event started. :sigh: