Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Does Doom take off all his armor or does he just, like, poke his dick through a hole in it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Push El Burrito posted:

Does Doom take off all his armor or does he just, like, poke his dick through a hole in it?

The dick is also steel plated. Doom uses protection.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

So DOOM therefore must have a complex codpiece system that he uses when he gets an erection. I would wonder about accidental erections but we know DOOM's penis will only rise when DOOM wills it.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Push El Burrito posted:

Did you ever see the movie Space Truckers featuring Charles Dance as a space pirate? I imagine the situation is somewhat similar.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Doom is uninterested in petty carnal pleasures and wants someone who can appreciate his vast intelligence as he regales her with stories of how to run a government based on fiscally prudent policies informed by an understanding of macroeconomics that is not inflationary and furthermore if you look at his prepared Powerpoint slides

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

So DOOM therefore must have a complex codpiece system that he uses when he gets an erection. I would wonder about accidental erections but we know DOOM's penis will only rise when DOOM wills it.

Threaded steel pipe.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

mind the walrus posted:

So who's Charlie, then? Johnny Storm?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSw2lZByjtk

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Mierenneuker posted:

Did you ever see the movie Space Truckers featuring Charles Dance as a space pirate? I imagine the situation is somewhat similar.

Holy poo poo. I thought I was only person to see that. I caught it on the Sci-Fi channel back in the 90s, and god drat that was such a strange movie.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

CapnAndy posted:

So who's Charlie, then? Johnny Storm?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSw2lZByjtk
Yeah. Yeah pretty much.

Mac= Johnny
Dee= Sue
Charlie = Reed
Frank= Ben.

Someone get the fanart out, and put a call into FOX. If they're obligated to release an FF movie every few years they might as well.

mind the walrus fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jul 20, 2017

head58
Apr 1, 2013

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I didn't know I wanted it until I saw this, and now I can't imagine having ever wanted anything else.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Dear Mods: never move this thread into the goldmine. That would be killing the goose that lays the golden egg.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

holy moly moley

also tyrannus is real. :stare:

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Synthbuttrange posted:

holy moly moley

Spider sense doesn't detect nearby cameras apparently, can't wait for Tyrannus to figure out Pete's secret identity

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

"But wait! Who's this? Hmm, I find myself strangely entranced by this captivating creature they call 'Aunt May'..."

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
You know, lots of villains magically spy on their enemies but how many do so while kicking back with a glass of wine. Tyrannus has class.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

At the rate this comic moves that means we might not see Mary Jane again until 2018.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Melvin's Mole Man's creep face in panel one. He is so eager to jump the dustbin

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Well, that's good, since it means Melvin didn't make everything up in a pointless plot to get May to marry him.

Mecha
Dec 20, 2003

「チェンジ ゲッタ-1! スイッチ オン!」

Mierenneuker posted:

I'd successfully suppressed that memory for almost twenty years, but you had to firm it up again.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Proteus Jones posted:

Holy poo poo. I thought I was only person to see that. I caught it on the Sci-Fi channel back in the 90s, and god drat that was such a strange movie.

I saw it.

I'm still not entirely sure WHAT I saw, but I saw it.

Don't you gently caress this up for May, Tyrannus :mad:

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

kw0134 posted:

Doom is uninterested in petty carnal pleasures and wants someone who can appreciate his vast intelligence as he regales her with stories of how to run a government based on fiscally prudent policies informed by an understanding of macroeconomics that is not inflationary and furthermore if you look at his prepared Powerpoint slides

In the comic in question he literally takes her wolf hunting after several bold statements about such that everyone perceived as a metaphor.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Synthbuttrange posted:

holy moly moley

Peter, he genuinely makes Aunt May happy and he clearly is cool with you. Just call him Melvin, this isn't a "you're not my real Uncle" scenario, he just doesn't want to go by his supervillain name :shobon:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Uncle Ben in hell: "ohhh nooooooo"

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Peter, he genuinely makes Aunt May happy and he clearly is cool with you. Just call him Melvin, this isn't a "you're not my real Uncle" scenario, he just doesn't want to go by his supervillain name :shobon:
Yeah Peter, stop deadnaming Melvin.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
That reminds me, in the comics he's named Harvey, and Stan Lee created him. Did Stan just forget his name?

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

Zeeman posted:

That reminds me, in the comics he's named Harvey, and Stan Lee created him. Did Stan just forget his name?

I believe his full name is Robert "Bruce" Harvey "Melvin" Moleman.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Synthbuttrange posted:

holy moly moley

Can Tyrannus just like loving see anything? Is he x-raying through several layers of rock? I'm so confused.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

notthegoatseguy posted:

Can Tyrannus just like loving see anything? Is he x-raying through several layers of rock? I'm so confused.

There is a mole person dressed in a hat and coat just off panel recording everything.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

SilverSupernova posted:

In the comic in question he literally takes her wolf hunting after several bold statements about such that everyone perceived as a metaphor.

:allears: I want to read this.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Zeeman posted:

Come on now, we all know Stan Lee doesn't write this. And hasn't since like maybe the late '70s or early '80s.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

X-O posted:

Come on now, we all know Stan Lee doesn't write this. And hasn't since like maybe the late '70s or early '80s.

Stan Lee is still writing according to this article

quote:

Producing the Spider-Man comic strip is a tag-team effort that crisscrosses the country, starting with Lee, whose office is in Beverly Hills, Calif. He sends the script to Alex Saviuk, an artist in Florida, for rough pencil drawings. Next, the work in progress goes to Janice Chiang in Woodstock — about 10 miles from Sinnott’s home studio — who hand-letters the dialogue in each comic panel.

“I’ve lettered 69,000 pages during my career, so I’ve seen a lot of art,” Chiang said. “Joe’s art is so clean and fresh every time you look at it. He makes the art jump.”

When she’s finished, the strip goes back to California for Lee’s approval and then to Sinnott, who is like the anchor in a four-person relay.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

While that's always the claim it's pretty much widely accepted that his brother Larry has been the one actually writing it for many years.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

X-O posted:

While that's always the claim it's pretty much widely accepted that his brother Larry has been the one actually writing it for many years.

I dunno, would be interesting to see some of that scuttlebutt firsthand.

Larry's latest interview in 2010 said that getting handed a full script by Stan was something unique to the newspaper strip (since marvel usually only gives rough synopses to artists)... and I'm not really sure what the benefit would be of lying, I mean, it's loving Newspaper Spiderman, it's not like anyone but us cares...

buuuuuuuuut on the other hand, in that same interview Lieber also said JJJ was his favorite character to draw, and that would go a good way towards explaining the Iron Jonah arc.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I would believe that Stan Lee said to Larry "Do an arc with Rocket Raccoon" or "Have Mole Man try to marry Aunt May again" but that's about as far as I'd believe that Stan has any input in this strip. Stan Lee is not writing a comic strip at 94 years old. That I do not buy at all.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Stan Lee has a long history of taking credit for other people's work.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

X-O posted:

I would believe that Stan Lee said to Larry "Do an arc with Rocket Raccoon" or "Have Mole Man try to marry Aunt May again" but that's about as far as I'd believe that Stan has any input in this strip. Stan Lee is not writing a comic strip at 94 years old. That I do not buy at all.

Especially now. :smith:

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Tunicate posted:

Stan Lee is still writing according to this article

I could maybe buy all that until the end where it goes back to Stan for approval. He's blind. He ain't approving anything.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Look at them, hunting down those wolves. The cycle of life :allears:

• Locked thread