Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

That is a loving huge takedown. 10,000 delivery addresses. We need more reddit_panicking.jpg pics here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

TBeats posted:

I don't want to connect dots that aren't there, and this may be nothing but coincidence, but the specific bank that will be passing info to Mueller was busted for a Russian money laundering scheme. One of the people Trump Jr. met with was investigated for money laundering for the Russians.

All just coincidence, I'm sure!!

Deutsche Bank is so loving dirty

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deutsche_Bank#Controversies

I don't know enough about banks to judge if it's dirty beyond what is to be expected of a bank but holy poo poo is it a filthy company.

quote:

On 5 November 2015, Deutsche Bank was ordered to pay US$258 million (€237.2 million) in penalties imposed by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the United States Federal Reserve Bank after the bank was caught doing business with Burma, Libya, Sudan, Iran, and Syria which were under US sanctions at the time.

In January 2017, the bank was fined $425 million by the New York State Department of Financial Services (DFS)[64] and £163 million by the UK Financial Conduct Authority[65] regarding accusations of money laundering $10 billion out of Russia.[66][67][68]

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I love it when people get blindsided by takedowns of Darknet stuff. They think they're protected by no less than five proxies? Doesn't mean dick if you use currency and addresses linked back to you. None of that is anything close to secure. It's way easier to assume anything shady online like that is a honey pot or one waiting to happen

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Dead Reckoning posted:

Their logo is an Indian head with the words SAVAGE ARMS next to it. Yes, this is an accident of history and not a racist slur, but still...

Just looked it up and it's actually a neat story :3:

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I'm reading that the alphabay owner Cazes hung himself in his thailand jail cell after being arrested. Holy poo poo.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://www.reddit.com/r/HansaDarknetMarket/comments/6ogw06/someone_please_help_me_please/

Plenty of fun to be had browsing Reddit right now

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

this one is better imho

https://www.reddit.com/r/HansaDarknetMarket/comments/6ogqu0/wtf_i_just_ordered_fuck_you_europol_send_me_to/

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

shame on an IGA posted:

Even funnier than that Trump interview:

Remember how the #1 Darknet market got shut down a while back?

The Dutch police took over and disabled encryption on the #2 darknet market weeks before that and got the FBI to hold off moving against AlphaBay until they were ready to track all the refugees flooding in. They have complete records on something like 36,000 transactions over the last month that they're sharing with local LE agencies around the world and the agonized screams of panic coming out of reddit are GLORIOUS.

That doesn't make any sense. Anybody who isn't an idiot uses PGP on their own machine before sending a message. The feds can't disable that. No vendor would upload their private keys, so I'm guessing the only address that were compromised are low hanging fruit.

Also registering for a site isn't a crime, or probable cause to get a search warrant, so a bunch of druggies are freaking out over nothing.

Poppyseed Poundcake fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jul 20, 2017

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Lol at this guy

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

That doesn't make any sense. Anybody who isn't an idiot uses PGP on their own machine before sending a message. The feds can't disable that.

Also registering for a site isn't a crime, or probable cause to get a search warrant, so a bunch of druggies are freaking out over nothing.

Internet drug abusers, noted for being not-idiots.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

don't try and oppress me by labeling me a war criminal throwing frags into random compounds while on patrol is just who i am

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Supporting families in mutual reciprocity and symbiosis with BRRRRRT

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Blind Rasputin posted:

Lol at this guy

I support myself with my mutual reciprocity and symbiosis with the Something Awful dot com forums.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I love the number of people who see the news that the site they purchase illicit materials from was seized by the feds and all the information was gathered and turned into a huge criminal case and the one question they have is, "Will my order still arrive?"

Epiphyte
Apr 7, 2006

I plan on some mutual reciprocity and symbiosis with a bottle of Glenfiddich tonight

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
The authorities waited till they had set up on him, and THEN crashed the website, so he would have to log in personally to restart the server and website, enabling them to grab him with all his logins active.

That's pretty loving nifty by law enforcement there.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Pesticide20 posted:

I love the number of people who see the news that the site they purchase illicit materials from was seized by the feds and all the information was gathered and turned into a huge criminal case and the one question they have is, "Will my order still arrive?"

I'm the ones who believe in the deadman switch that's going to refund all their e-pogs in a month

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I may have stolen from you, but 'theft' is just a label my oppressors use!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

The authorities waited till they had set up on him, and THEN crashed the website, so he would have to log in personally to restart the server and website, enabling them to grab him with all his logins active.

That's pretty loving nifty by law enforcement there.

When they busted Ross they did something similar. They followed him to a public library where he liked to do his silk road administration work. They had undercover officers at the same table he was sitting at. Two of them behind him stage a loud mock argument like a couple fighting. He turns around to look at the noise and they just slide his laptop away from him, scoop him up, and cuff him.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

And they set it up so all the bitcoins went to an address controlled by the cops

Unironically, that's some fine police work there.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

https://www.reddit.com/r/HansaDarknetMarket/comments/6ohzgp/attention_those_who_want_their_orders_cancelled/

upvote my fishing post so i can forward it to the FBI

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Username: NottheDutchNationalPolice

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
And remember, thanks to the immutable blockchain, all these anonymous untraceable bitcoin purchases are easily 100% tracked and followed.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

The democrats have gotten even worse at politics

https://twitter.com/jstein_vox/status/888091177014243329

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/888097037933268994

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

And remember, thanks to the immutable blockchain, all these anonymous untraceable bitcoin purchases are easily 100% tracked and followed.

I am 💯% confident that large brained individuals like these privacy minded internet libertarians appropriately concealed their identity and maintained operational security when ordering drugs.

"But will I still get my drugs?"

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Close friends with Chris Cornell. That's a loving shame. Go get help if you need it.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Best Friends posted:

The democrats have gotten even worse at politics

https://twitter.com/jstein_vox/status/888091177014243329

Was just about to post this.

In summary,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER7bIGwJeho

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Laranzu posted:

I am 💯% confident that large brained individuals like these privacy minded internet libertarians appropriately concealed their identity and maintained operational security when ordering drugs.

"But will I still get my drugs?"

People don't take security seriously because bitcoin zealots still preach the 100% anonymous and untraceable aspects of the commodity even though that is completely and utterly incorrect.

Looks like he finally took one step too close to the edge.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Police are flat trolling Hansa users:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd9OhYroLN0

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

sorry not sorry

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Well those wounds are never gonna heal now.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
it's an emo metal band from the 2000s

do we really need to spend the next 20 pages going line by line through their lyrics and making a new joke for each one

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

OJ's parole hearing is in recess so the board can decide. I don't think he's getting paroled.

The Pi dude
Oct 19, 2013
Buglord

cowboy elvis posted:

Close friends with Chris Cornell.

They would hang out together.

e: crashing the server and arresting the guy when he logs in is amazing.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Dammit and I laid out of work today because it's the 10th anniversary of my best friend's death by suicide

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

at the date posted:

it's an emo metal band from the 2000s

do we really need to spend the next 20 pages going line by line through their lyrics and making a new joke for each one

Need to? Eh probably not. With a wealth of lyrics like that, will it happen anyway? Might as well just buckle up and enjoy the ride. Gonna be at least a few diamonds in the rough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/congressedits/status/888104372961288192

Probably some staffer but I wonder

• Locked thread