Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Is there any reason Juice and Jordan are in a photo with coaches/road agents?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

achillesforever6 posted:

I need to go back to reading that thread, god it was so funny how much it escalated with every improbable event happening to let the Steelers win.

Is that the one where somebody on the Bengals took an insane unnecessary personal foul out of nowhere late in the 4th.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

VJeff posted:

Is that the one where somebody on the Bengals took an insane unnecessary personal foul out of nowhere late in the 4th.

Yep, and then TNA superstar Pacman Jones shoved a coach.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Stale Saltines posted:

Yep, and then TNA superstar Pacman Jones shoved a coach.
It was a ref that he shoved because our D coach had the nerve to check up on Antonio Brown after he got concussed from a cheapshot.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Cavauro posted:

Please... Mr. Semen is my father's name

Semen is my first name, Semen von Muscles

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Good

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUcBX_MvaWo

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Burch vs. Lorcan? I'll be shocked if they aren't both busted open by the end of this.

E: well 1 out of 2 ain't bad

Eltoasto fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jul 20, 2017

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Those little flutes in Dain's music are odd

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I didn't know I wanted it until right now, but I want an Oney/Burch tag team loving everybody up.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Man it bums me up not hearing a loud pop for a finisher 1 count kickout

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Was the crowd bad because the match was bad or was the match bad because the crowd was bad?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Sup Roque post

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
Call me weird but I think Ruby Riot's new haircut suits her better?

I also think there should be more Burch/Lorcan matches. Who is the best hard hitting bald jobber?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Didn't really feel the Ruby/Ember match or the Drew/Killian match. I am pretty pumped for Hideo/Hero next week though, after all this time with Hideo lost in limbo I'm digging where they're going with him.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

rovert posted:

Sup Roque post

https://twitter.com/NewAgeInsiders/status/887840509389152256

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Wasn't the dijak rumor GFW at one point?

Pretty sure he's gonna get lost in the shuffle in NXT, but maybe they'll be able to pull him out after a bit like Roddy (though it remains to be seen if that is actually working)

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

abraham linksys posted:

Wasn't the dijak rumor GFW at one point?

Pretty sure he's gonna get lost in the shuffle in NXT, but maybe they'll be able to pull him out after a bit like Roddy (though it remains to be seen if that is actually working)

That was wishful thinking.

Dijack will be interesting in NXT. If this was 10 years ago he'd be on main roster TV within 3 months as soon as Vince saw him.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

counterpoint: nothing is interesting in nxt

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Phenix Rising posted:

Was the crowd bad because the match was bad or was the match bad because the crowd was bad?

I was interested in seeing the match, and it had a few very enjoyable spots. It's not a match anyone is going to remember a month from now, but it deserved a better reaction than it got. I used to wonder why everyone hated the Full Sail crowd so much, but I'd say especially the last 6 months or so I've really started to loving despise them.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

This is still the taping where people were shushing each other right

loving full sail

At least it's better than the taping where everyone did the Family Guy "shhhh, aaaaah" when someone was selling. Holy poo poo that was the worst taping

Anti-Bunny
Mar 14, 2007
word
Can we get a "_____ Days Since A 'We Are Awesome' Chant" sign?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

"we are Not good," chants the audience, shoegazing or sitting with their heads in their hands

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I hate Donovan Dijak and hope he gets lost so deep in the NXT shuffle that I never have to see him.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I hate Donovan Dijak and hope he gets lost so deep in the NXT shuffle that I never have to see him.

what does he do other than "be a huge guy" ?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

wrestle

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I saw Dijak at a RevPro show the day after the London Bridge bombing and he was donating all of his 8x10" proceeds to charity and got everyone else to do it too

so anyways I now have a nice signed 8x10" feast your eyes! glossy which is both the most homoerotic wrestling merch I've ever gotten and also my favorite

I've probably only seen 3 or 4 Dijak matches, but he can be a real nasty heel when he wants. He had a fantastic match at that RevPro show that was half comedy/half super solid working; he does a great job working with the crowd in a smaller setting and I feel like that might help him get over at Full Sail if nothing else. Also had a great match vs Keith Lee on EVOLVE 84, check it out if you have FloSlam

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/JJWilliamsWON/status/887891319900717056

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

MrBling posted:

what does he do other than "be a huge guy" ?

flips around awkwardly.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I only ever caught Dijak's ROH Top Prospect Tournament (tm) finals match, which I think was against Lio Rush? Rush looked a lot better. Dijak had all the charisma of Cesaro with less in the way of skill. But from everything I've heard he improved out on the indies.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Super late but I was also at the vancouver house show and the other guy forgot to mention that Otis belly to belly'd one of the AoP guys directly over his head and it was the greatest thing. :allears:

For some reason I'm really hyped for this coming takeover, more than usual.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

I only ever caught Dijak's ROH Top Prospect Tournament (tm) finals match, which I think was against Lio Rush? Rush looked a lot better. Dijak had all the charisma of Cesaro with less in the way of skill. But from everything I've heard he improved out on the indies.
I saw his last ROH match for the TV Title against Marty live and it was probably the best match on that show, so I would say he's improved a lot from the Top Prospect Tourney.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
I just noticed that Ember Moon's entrance thing is to do a (mildly modified) anime cute girl peace sign pose. Her character really is awful, she's a nerd acting tough. That's her character!

Having said that, good match, fans were into it. But possibly too much of a finishing sequence shown by Ember Moon. Just turning to the audience and having them cheer is a good sign.

Oney Lorcan vs Danny Burch is fantastic to have a matchup where you naturally think they'd be an awesome tag team, but also want a rematch.

Also, this episode was awesome. All good matches, different matches, build up, characters, BLOOD, logical storytelling. There are heroes! No Way Jose goes out of his way to help a person who had just been cheating in their match! The audience were bad at times though, Killian kicking out at about 49 minutes and you see 3 fans in the front row just sitting bored with crossed arms.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I still like Ember and I'll be stoked for her to win the title in Brooklyn, but they really do need to do something with her character. Her vignettes were really bad and cheesy, and those combined with her name made it seem like she was some kind of werewolf or other-worldly thing. Instead, she just talks about normal wrestling stuff like a normal wrestler.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She only turns into Ember Moon under arena lighting.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
You didn't know Ember Moon was an anime nerd? It's literally the second word of her name. :v:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the nerd is also anyone who is a wrestler under 30 and some under 40, during These current times. I'll bully them all

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Was super obvious he was DEEPLY disturbed and someone that social services seemingly let down badly:

https://twitter.com/WrestlingInc/status/888441482473914368

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

ember's character isn't Anime Nerd; it's Living Anime. like Kenny Omega, only not as good at anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I really don't want Ember to beat Asuka because her momentum is completely gone and I haven't seen a blowaway match from her yet in NXT. The character is virtually non-existent and her offense doesn't click with me because she seems to always stop short or build up speed then slow way down for the actual move.

• Locked thread