Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Hemingway To Go! posted:

people hated the prequels long before rlm did a video, they didn't trick anyone into anything.

like these assholes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odJWMxjWQoo

Rich Evans looks like Pete Campbell from Mad Men lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Schweinhund posted:

you think youre so tough on the internet, try saying that to my face buddy

STAR WARS IS LAME!

😛

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Valerian was a mediocre sci-fi movie.

The special effects were neat, the script subpar, the acting was serviceable...ish (but the main character sounds like a younger Keanu Reeves at times, which made for some unintentionally fun moments), but ultimately Luc Besson needs more people telling him no. Way too many scenes go on too long because he wants to show this SO COOL SPACE poo poo, which has absolutely no point.

An entire subplot of the movie exists for no reason other than to show you alien stripper Rihanna. The whole segment ends with all the extra characters dying, and none of it has any effect on the overall plot.

But hey, it looked pretty.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Baronjutter posted:

And he was reunited with his pacific rim science buddy again too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BNjJutK_4A

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar

Shinjobi posted:

The special effects were neat

I read on twitter there was an unfinised effects shot, with editing info and stuff left on it. I mean, twitter.... but I would like to see that.

The leaked early cut of the first wolverine movie with the flat shaded CGI bi planes and poo poo was hilarious.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
One of the best things about prequel hate was in SPACED. Lucasfilm granted them the rights to use music/sound effects and whatever because Season 1 was just chock full of love for Star Wars. Then the prequels come out and season 2 is just non stop making GBS threads on them.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Shinjobi posted:

The special effects were neat, the script subpar, the acting was serviceable...ish (but the main character sounds like a younger Keanu Reeves at times, which made for some unintentionally fun moments), but ultimately Luc Besson needs more people telling him no. Way too many scenes go on too long because he wants to show this SO COOL SPACE poo poo, which has absolutely no point.

An entire subplot of the movie exists for no reason other than to show you alien stripper Rihanna. The whole segment ends with all the extra characters dying, and none of it has any effect on the overall plot.

But hey, it looked pretty.

So basically it's the Fifth Element again except it lacks Bruce Willis and Mila Jovovich and the 90s interest in science fiction to keep it afloat?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

How does Luc Besson keep getting funding

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

How does Luc Besson keep getting funding

The French government gives him loads of cash on top of what Hollywood offers. You see the same thing happening in Australia which is why they've been able to make $100 million plus blockbuster trainwrecks like Gods of Egypt or that Peter Pan movie.

naem
May 29, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

So basically it's the Fifth Element again except it lacks Bruce Willis and Mila Jovovich and the 90s interest in science fiction to keep it afloat?

They both look like weird androgynous babies

They look like Hollywood cloned tissue samples of Kate moss

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I honestly can't relate to anything where the main cast is under 30.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
please don't talk poo poo about Cara Delivgne she is absolutely gorgeous.

Shame about her new haircut though, looks like eminem right now.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

She's a poo poo actor :shrug:

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I guess, I haven't noticed cuz I love her face so much.

I liked when she was shaking her butt around at the end of Suicide Squad.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I'm excited to see Valerian (e: high as poo poo) despite the ghost mummy from suicide squad being in it.

naem
May 29, 2011

a bone to pick posted:

please don't talk poo poo about Cara Delivgne she is absolutely gorgeous.

Shame about her new haircut though, looks like eminem right now.

She and what's his name both have that spooky fashion model looking thing going on that makes them hard to relate to, so they are both a weird choice for a protagonist.

Like they could play a sci fi creature sure, but kids aren't going to project themselves into this movie

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Dude in the movie is 31. He looks 21, or 12.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I would like to project myself all over Cara Delevingne's body.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
They both look like 14 year old models with heroin habits, it's weird.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
My roommate wants to see Valerian, but I'm pretty iffy on it. It looks kinda stupid, and not in a Fifth Element sort of way. Unless there's some secret Ruby Rhod I'm not privy to, I'm not excited to see it.

The only part of the trailer that I liked was my slow realization that the song was a dramatic orchestral arrangement of Gangsta's Paradise.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

SpacePig posted:

The only part of the trailer that I liked was my slow realization that the song was a dramatic orchestral arrangement of Gangsta's Paradise.

Hahaha me and my friend turned to each other at the exact same moment when we realised that

naem
May 29, 2011

Entropic posted:

EXACTLY, somebody in hollywood has a major fetish for that and it ruins a LOT of movies.

Contrast that with mark hammil and Carrie fisher in Star Wars, two nice normal relatable characters you could project yourself into as the pro-tag-o-nist

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
They actually look human. Amazing really.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Entropic posted:

Well that is Luc Besson's type.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Here she is eating very spicy wings, new haircut looks awful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFy3rEG91OU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Well that is Luc Besson's type.

:mrwhite:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

naem posted:

EXACTLY, somebody in hollywood has a major fetish for that and it ruins a LOT of movies.

Contrast that with mark hammil and Carrie fisher in Star Wars, two nice normal relatable characters you could project yourself into as the pro-tag-o-nist

But Carrie Fisher had a heroin addiction, Ford got high all the time, and Hamill's face got blended with pavement and needed to be rebuilt.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
And owned the galaxy's largest bong

naem
May 29, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

But Carrie Fisher had a heroin addiction, Ford got high all the time, and Hamill's face got blended with pavement and needed to be rebuilt.

Yeah but they don't LOOK like it lol

I'm luke skywalker creepy drug weirdo. I'm Han Solo a weirdo drug model. Let's go rescue princess Weirdo Drugs

*all three of them stare blankly at the camera weirdly*

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

a bone to pick posted:

Here she is eating very spicy wings, new haircut looks awful

what is with pretty famous women and loving atrocious haircuts.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Groovelord Neato posted:

what is with pretty famous women and loving atrocious haircuts.

At some point in her life, every woman gets a strong urge to cut her hair hella short. 99% of the time she's better off ignoring that urge because she can't pull it off even if she's super attractive. See: Kaley Cuoco, Myley Cyrus, Katy Perry, every woman you've ever known who's done this and then you have to tell her it looks good to be polite but then you talk poo poo about it when she's not around

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i saw a picture of this gorgeous woman and couldn't recognize her (it was a bunch of pictures of women some rapper dated). then i was like holy poo poo that's amber rose. she looked so much better with the full head of hair. tho she has to stick as a bleached baldy since it's her trademark.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
If I had to guess, it's probably a choice by their management agencies to get more eyes on them. Gossip rags start posting articles about so-and-so's "rebellious" new look or whatever, and it just so happens to coincide with the release of a new movie or album or something.

I'm not saying they don't want to hairstyle themselves, or that maybe it isn't occasionally their own decisions, but any fashion change to basically anybody in the public eye is just to get people talking about them,

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler
Listening to a bunch of 30-something neckbearded goon schumcks give out haircut advice to young beautiful women is endlessly tiresome and happens all the loving time. Just stop. no one cares. Stop.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

naem posted:

They both look like weird androgynous babies

They look like Hollywood cloned tissue samples of Kate moss

Are they escaping a giant maze? Or fighting to the death in a forest-wide arena? Or cuckolding a werewolf?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Old Story posted:

Listening to a bunch of 30-something neckbearded goon schumcks give out haircut advice to young beautiful women is endlessly tiresome and happens all the loving time. Just stop. no one cares. Stop.

so do you have one of those half shaved heads that were the rage for awhile or what.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Max Landis has the perfect haircut.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Really short hair looks fine on most people, specially models. My friend shaved her head a few months ago just to dress up like the girl from stranger things and now it's just a couple inches and looks good.
Also in that video she seems to have some life behind her eyes and is a living human, the 2 mains in city of a thousand planets look drugged, they got that fluoride stare.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
-Here is how you become beautiful.

1. Watch star wars

Wait im sorry this is a recipe for dying alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Uh oh. Is it too late to unwatch star wars?

• Locked thread