Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

McSpanky posted:

It's not incumbent on the observers of a shitposter to correct their shitposting for them.

They could try to do a tad better than heaping more shitpost kindling on the fire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

DeimosRising posted:

I love the "killer smile" thing cause his smile just makes him look like a twerp, it's arrested development personified

There are a lot of amazing things in Gone Girl and Affleck absolutely nailing that smile is one of them.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
THR is also reporting the news about Shazam!

quote:

Shazam!, the story about a boy-turned-Earth's mightiest mortal, looks to be the next DC Cinematic Universe movie that will go before cameras, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

Peter Safran, who worked with Sandberg on the Annabelle sequel and is also producing Aquaman, is in negotiations to board Shazam! as producer.

It is unclear whether Dwayne Johnson, who has long been attached to play Shazam! villain Black Adam, will be involved with Shazam! but he is attached as star and producer of the Black Adam spinoff that is being developed concurrently to Shazam!

David Sandberg, the filmmaker behind upcoming Annabelle: Creation, is directing the feature project that hails from Warner Bros.’s sister division, New Line. The project is looking to go before cameras in January or February 2018 with a likely release in 2019, according to sources.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/heat-vision/shazam-is-next-dc-movie-shoot-1022821

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
David Fincher is a great man, I wish he'd stop directing trash. I mean Gone Girl was peak trash but still.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

porfiria posted:

David Fincher is a great man, I wish he'd stop directing trash. I mean Gone Girl was peak trash but still.

What the hell.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Zodiac shows he could legit direct the Greatest Movie of All Time. If he keeps directing Seven over and over again he'll be consigned to the dustbin of history.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

porfiria posted:

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

porfiria posted:

he could legit direct the Greatest Movie of All Time.

Like you said, he already directed Zodiac.

porfiria posted:

If he keeps directing Seven over and over again he'll be consigned to the dustbin of history.

Maybe you're talking about The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, but I don't necessarily consider that a trend. Zodiac, The Social Network and Gone Girl are three of the best films of the 21st Century and they're definitely not just "Seven... over again".

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

porfiria posted:

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Progression of taste:

1. Durrr, low-brow trash is good
2. Low-brow is for the idiot masses, I prefer middle-brow pablum
3. Middle-brow pablum is death, I prefer high-brow magnum opii
4. High-brow magnum opii are too controlled and acclaimed, I prefer works that unconsciously manipulate deep libidinal forces (low-brow)
5. Actually, capitalism is correct so I prefer middle-brow
6. Art is a waste of time

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

porfiria posted:

Zodiac shows he could legit direct the Greatest Movie of All Time. If he keeps directing Seven over and over again he'll be consigned to the dustbin of history.

What does the Greatest Movie Of All Time look like?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Drive Angry 3D

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

also:

The D in Detroit fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jul 20, 2017

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
New Kingsman trailer looks pretty alright.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Kinda want to make this your avatar.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
Oh god turning on the avatars makes everything so hosed. Go for it.

comix comparison:

Teen Titans (2003):

Teen Titans Judas Contract (2017):

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Dragonshirt posted:

Ah yes, a screen grab of a scene that vibrates in motion. Truly showing off that cinematography lol

My new youtube channel: Every Frame A Painting? No! Vibration Effect Is All That Matters

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

My new youtube channel: Every Frame A Painting? No! Vibration Effect Is All That Matters

Episode 1: Vibration Intensifies

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Make the next chapter of your Alien posts you old bitch.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

No one knows for sure, but presumably its like tree of life mixed with goodfellas. And daniel day lewis is in it.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Schwarzwald posted:

Yes, if you dismiss his intellectual effort, what's left is then intellectually lazy.

I'm sorry, did I wake up in some loving Bizarro world today where "nuh uh" is intellectual effort and attempting to unpack the themes and visual symbolism of a movie is lazy?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/Newsarama/status/888099208577916931

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Justice League phase 1 box set looking good.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I'm sorry, did I wake up in some loving Bizarro world today where "nuh uh" is intellectual effort and attempting to unpack the themes and visual symbolism of a movie is lazy?

Maybe you should actually post about those, like I have?

For example: the movie very much plays to that juvenile, elitistic core of the X-Men franchise, where the world is at best ignorant and any interaction with regular people is basically doomed to fail. There's no kind of popular sentiment in the franchise. Fighting with other secretive elite cliques is basically the X-Men's primary way of interacting with the outside world - outside of business transactions in Logan.

Also, there's something deeply hilarious about how there's two completely unrelated groups of antagonistic rednecks in the movie.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jul 20, 2017

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

porfiria posted:

Progression of taste:

1. Durrr, low-brow trash is good
2. Low-brow is for the idiot masses, I prefer middle-brow pablum
3. Middle-brow pablum is death, I prefer high-brow magnum opii
4. High-brow magnum opii are too controlled and acclaimed, I prefer works that unconsciously manipulate deep libidinal forces (low-brow)
5. Actually, capitalism is correct so I prefer middle-brow
6. Art is a waste of time

This post is too funny.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

For example: the movie very much plays to that juvenile, elitistic core of the X-Men franchise, where the world is at best ignorant and any interaction with regular people is basically doomed to fail. There's no kind of popular sentiment in the franchise. Fighting with other secretive elite cliques is basically the X-Men's primary way of interacting with the outside world - outside of business transactions in Logan.

Also, there's something deeply hilarious about how there's two completely unrelated groups of antagonistic rednecks in the movie.

Okay, there, loving finally, you're actually saying something about the goddamn movie instead of just quoting someone else's assertion and going "no, that's dumb." Was that really so difficult?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
When are the Comic-Con panels for Marvel, DC, etc.?

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Okay, there, loving finally, you're actually saying something about the goddamn movie instead of just quoting someone else's assertion and going "no, that's dumb." Was that really so difficult?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
gently caress all this super hero talk, let's talk more about Kingsman.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I didn't enjoy the first one very much.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

That kind of sounds like being a minority in America.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Mordiceius posted:

gently caress all this super hero talk, let's talk more about Kingsman.

arguably the best use of a KC and the Sunshine Band song in a movie

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

I wonder if the sequel will be able to do anything even close to as good as that church scene.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

all-Rush mixtape posted:

When are the Comic-Con panels for Marvel, DC, etc.?

They're both this Saturday. WB/DC is 2:30 p.m PT / 5:30 p.m. ET. Marvel is 5:30 p.m. PT / 8:30 p.m. ET.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
They're going to reveal Superman and the internet is going to say "I wish they hadn't revealed Superman!"

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Is Karl Urban gonna be on a Dredd TV show or what?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Electromax posted:

Is Karl Urban gonna be on a Dredd TV show or what?

Almost Human is the closet we'll ever get. :( Fox really hosed that show over by showing all the episodes out of order.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Shazam director David F Sanberg also directed the horror hit Lights Out (which is probably why Annabelle: Creation is getting way better reviews than the first movie).

Mordiceius posted:

New Kingsman trailer looks pretty alright.

And here it is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48WwGPbXhMo

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Neo Rasa posted:

Almost Human is the closet we'll ever get. :( Fox really hosed that show over by showing all the episodes out of order.
Netflix announced a Dredd show. No word on Urban yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Detective No. 27 posted:

Netflix announced a Dredd show. No word on Urban yet.

In a bizarre twist of fate they get Armand Assante.

• Locked thread