Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

ruddiger posted:

I too judge movies before a single frame has been shot. :confused:
it's just speculation, this whole thread is speculating about films that haven't been shot or come out or whatever. I feel like at this point in his career it's completely fair to assume certain things about the style & tone of a Tarantino film.
this could be his gamechanger though, I guess. wouldn't hold my breath

The MSJ posted:

Debra Tate, who owns the rights to her sister's likeness, prefers Margot Robbie to play Sharon because J-Law is apparently not the right kind of pretty.
ahhh so that's what's going on with all that business

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
I wonder how Manson's gonna get killed.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Homeless, alone, and exposed to the elements more than likely. His name is big in pop culture but it's just the name and anyone who wants to make money off of that is already doing so without having to pay him a dime, so Charlie's hosed if he actually gets out on parole.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
An anachronological, back-and-forth between the night of the murders and Charlie Manson becoming a drifter in Brazil would absolutely be loving amazing.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

ruddiger posted:

Homeless, alone, and exposed to the elements more than likely. His name is big in pop culture but it's just the name and anyone who wants to make money off of that is already doing so without having to pay him a dime, so Charlie's hosed if he actually gets out on parole.

He means when Tarantino has him be killed ahistorically in the film a la Hitler

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Tarantino has literally built his entire career out of taking incredibly well-worn film concepts like bank heists and westerns and putting new spins on them that make them fresh and original, I sincerely doubt that that won't be the case with his Manson movie. Also Inglourious Basterds and Django Unchained were explicitly about subverting expectations and highlighting the problematic history between Hollywood and real-life atrocties like slavery and war, I think we should give him the benefit of the doubt that he won't regress to uncritical celebration of cruelty and human misery.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Starring Kurt Russell as Charles Manson, and Samuel L Jackson as Roman Polanski.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Valerian is... good?
This is very hard to believe and I have like zero enthusiasm for that movie.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

K. Waste posted:

I wonder how Manson's gonna get killed.

Bruce Lee.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Valerian is... good?

Apparently so - good, not great, because too many flaws in the story. Together with Dunkirk getting rave reviews it will be sad seeing potentially good movies getting ignored at the Box Office in favour of two (admittedly excellent) franchise ten-pole movies.

And the Emoji movie.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Disney is being sued because they might have used illegally-obtained VFX technology for movies like Avengers 2 and Beauty and The Best.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

The most recent trailer I saw for it killed any interest I might have had in seeing it. Neither Cara Delevingne nor Dane DeHaan do anything for me as leads. The point in the trailer where Delevingne says something about shoving her head in an alien jellyfish's mouth and an annoying CG thing responds with "That's not it's mouth" was the moment I checked out completely.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Phylodox posted:

The most recent trailer I saw for it killed any interest I might have had in seeing it. Neither Cara Delevingne nor Dane DeHaan do anything for me as leads. The point in the trailer where Delevingne says something about shoving her head in an alien jellyfish's mouth and an annoying CG thing responds with "That's not it's mouth" was the moment I checked out completely.

Yeah, everyone knows Laureline would have no hesitation whatsoever about squid anus.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

DeimosRising posted:

He means when Tarantino has him be killed ahistorically in the film a la Hitler

He's sitting behind Hitler when Brad Pitt opens fire.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Saw a trailer in the theater this weekend and it looks like a very generic Sci-Fi CGI fest. If you don't have a connection to the property (as 99% of the American audience has none) you are probably not going to care

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Look a the new Gipsy Danger

https://twitter.com/figsoku/status/888026169446027264

Well, its toy at least

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Yeah, everyone knows Laureline would have no hesitation whatsoever about squid anus.

Looks like Prometheus.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
SHLAPF

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Well, its toy at least

Looks more heroic/lithe and athletic from anime. Less bulky. Like they incorporated a bit of Striker Eureka into it.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Another Jaeger

https://twitter.com/figsoku/status/888026304846512128

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I'm sold.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I'm looking forward to the combined five minutes of these cool robots before they job.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

That robot is the one that cleans the teeth of the kaiju, right?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I went looking for Rinko Kikuchi's imdb to see if she was coming back for Uprising, and I discovered this:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3263614/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_10

Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter: A jaded Japanese woman discovers a hidden copy of Fargo (1996) on VHS, believing it to be a treasure map indicating the location of a large case of money.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Well, its toy at least

For a second i thought it had a gun in the right hand.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
It wasn't a bad movie either, based more on the urban legend of the event than the actual truth.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Schwarzwald posted:

I'm looking forward to the combined five minutes of these cool robots before they job.

It's okay, Gypsy as the most boring of the robots will survive most of the film. The unusual and creative ones will be relegated to flashbacks or killed off to show how dangerous the new kaiju are.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Taintrunner posted:

Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter: A jaded Japanese woman discovers a hidden copy of Fargo (1996) on VHS, believing it to be a treasure map indicating the location of a large case of money.

Here's a podcast with a story about it:
http://snapjudgment.org/To-The-Brink

Funny enough that same podcast also shared a story about two gunrunners that were in way over their heads.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

It wasn't a bad movie either, based more on the urban legend of the event than the actual truth.

I think everyone already knows Fargo is great.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Pacific Rim was tight as hell. I really missed out not seeing it in theaters.

Went to that twitter account and this one looks more like Gypsy Danger, but I can't read Japanese so maybe not.

https://twitter.com/figsoku/status/888026708242083840

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Punkin Spunkin posted:

The relationship of the Manson murders and pop culture is already like, too much in that direction. If you're gonna do a Manson movie, make it dry and Zodiac-like. We don't need Tarantino doing his cartoonish poo poo with something like this, it's already been sensationalized, glorified, and cartoonified for the last X decades.

Helter Skelter by that prosecutor is great for this btw, showing what a loser Manson was in clinical detail. There's a reason why its one of the best non-fic books ever.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Been a long rear end time, but I believe ジプシー・デンジャー is katakana for Gypsy Danger.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Baron von Eevl posted:

Been a long rear end time, but I believe ジプシー・デンジャー is katakana for Gypsy Danger.

You are correct. The slimmer one is Gypsy Avenger.

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.

Taintrunner posted:

Bunzo! :sadwave:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am-gG-VyXPg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPP6aIw1vgY

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Thinking about Pac Rim 2, there's like, no way that the various (remaining) nations of the world didn't use Jaeger technology to dick each other over once the alien threat was eliminated, right? Do we know what the premise of the movie actually is besides "Giant robots fight"?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

GrandpaPants posted:

Thinking about Pac Rim 2, there's like, no way that the various (remaining) nations of the world didn't use Jaeger technology to dick each other over once the alien threat was eliminated, right? Do we know what the premise of the movie actually is besides "Giant robots fight"?
a reboot of robot jox

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Maybe instead of being offbrand Getter Robo + Mazinger + tiny bits of Evangelion, this one'll be offbrand G Gundam.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

GrandpaPants posted:

A long while back, so no idea how valid this is anymore, but GDT said he wanted the villains to be the black market guy and the wacky scientist from the first movie - people who based their livelihoods around the kaiju now reacting poorly to the kaiju no longer being a thing. And that one thing he really, really wanted to do was a jaeger/kaiju hybrid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

gently caress you.

• Locked thread