Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

nrook posted:

Was Trails the 3rd rushed in development at all? I'm surprised Falcom released it without noticing such a massive bug.

They tried, but then Estelle suddenly showed up and made them stop by swirling them around and jumping on top of them. Every rational argument they could throw was shattered against the same wall Joshua's words collided with throughout this door. Eventually they just gave up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

nrook posted:

Was Trails the 3rd rushed in development at all? I'm surprised Falcom released it without noticing such a massive bug.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

nrook posted:

Joshua said it was no big deal so they left it in.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

nrook posted:

Estelle has a staff with your name on it.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Do we know what things those were that jumped Estelle in Ultimate Bug Forest?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Glazius posted:

Do we know what things those were that jumped Estelle in Ultimate Bug Forest?

Rhinociders.

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

Super High-School Level Eating Machine
For reference, this is what a Rhinocider looks like in Cold Steel.

That's the literal definition of a thing you don't want to gently caress with.

Lynkericious fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Jul 19, 2017

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Especially since they're that sneaky despite being the size of a house.

AncientSpark
Jan 18, 2013
Re: Lechter

Having played the faulty/leaked/super-beta-might-as-well-be-alpha version of the Zero translation, I actually liked Lechter a fair bit in Zero. It's probably in context, though.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

AncientSpark posted:

Re: Lechter

Having played the faulty/leaked/super-beta-might-as-well-be-alpha version of the Zero translation, I actually liked Lechter a fair bit in Zero. It's probably in context, though.

Is it worth trying to play that or should I wait for someone to eventually make a decent version?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

It's mostly just stiff but there are places where it's outright nonsense/early 2000s fan TL quality. I'd recommend waiting to see if it gets another patch or if XSEED picks it up somehow

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
The people editing the patch are some really die-hard Kiseki fans with truckloads of knowledge. Not to mention a patch that received ANY editing is much better than that leak. You're better off waiting. Kiseki's never been about instant gratification anyway.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jul 20, 2017

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

The best Colonel is here.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Richard! :swoon:

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
I mean, Olivier isn't wrong about the uniform comment.

PassingPie
Aug 18, 2013

Really Pants posted:

??? (<- Has no idea what's going on)

:allears:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I thought this was just some cheeky localization on XSeed's part at first but nope, that's literally the line in the original version as well :allears:

And oh boy Richard. Just... Richard :getin:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

At this point, I'm expecting Sieg to be the next recruitable party member.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

AradoBalanga posted:

At this point, I'm expecting Sieg to be the next recruitable party member.

He came with Kloe.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Sieg... FROM THE FUTURE!

Where he's a giant bird-man-bird who combo crafts with Khloe to execute EXTREME BIRD WRESTLING MOVES!

Or we get Cassius. Yawn.

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
Fox Tail and Plunder can never grab the traveler weapons from Grimoire Dopplers because they always go for... a specific slot. Which for the dopplers is not the slot where traveler weapons are.

(You can grab them off specific bosses with those moves though, generally after the point where they're already obsolete)

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Move over kids. Colonel Alan motherfucking Richard is here to handle your pitiful little "lost in another dimension"-problem, one Blade Spam at a time. Inefficient? Only until you realize how many of those he can cram into a single battle. Aside from being an awesome character and possibly the best antagonist in the series (certainly the most nuanced so far), he was also added to the playable character roster while the designer responsible for game balance was having his annual "don't give a poo poo"-day. His stats are all-around good, having the same orbment layout and base Ats (and almost as much base EP) as Kevin while also having excellent physical stats, slightly higher base Spd than most characters and a small bonus to his base Dex compared to the rest of the roster sans Julia just because. His only "weakness" is that he's not particularly well-equipped to deal with groups of enemies, his only AOE craft being enemy-focussed, having a small radius and having high CP cost while his S-craft is single-target. But even then he has the Ats to cast a mean Death Scream to compensate. Oh, and Afterglow Smasher, for some weird reason, is elemental, meaning it sucks against shining poms. All hail the colonel.

quote:

??? (<- Has no idea what's going on)

If this makes it a little easier to imagine, Tita, picture your urge to hump state-of-the-art airship engines and replace the machinery with guys wearing military uniforms.

The scene with Estelle snarking about military uniform fetishes, with Anelace and Josette openly embracing it, Kloe outing herself as a closet pervert and Tita being completely clueless had me do a spit take. I'm gonna miss this crew.

Speaking of Estelle, I like that they gave her a different in-battle portrait in this game to emphasize her continued emotional maturing process. It's a subtle, but really nice touch that they haven't done with any other character. Compare the two side by side.

EponymousMrYar posted:

Or we get Cassius. Yawn.

Yawn nothing. If this game had Cassius-DLC, it'd sell more than the game itself just because it involved Cassius.

Erpy fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Jul 20, 2017

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Erpy posted:

Speaking of Estelle, I like that they gave her a different in-battle portrait in this game to emphasize her continued emotional maturing process. It's a subtle, but really nice touch that they haven't done with any other character. Compare the two side by side.

These look exactly alike to me. What am I missing?

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

ultrafilter posted:

She's smiling on the lower one, I think.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
A few subtle differences in her smile and her eyebrows to make her expression slightly more gentle/serene. They ARE different, but require a closer look in order to notice.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

ultrafilter posted:

Estelle has two smiley faces

Julia's been showing her how

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

Learned S-Craft: Smize.

The gang should have killed Richard when they had the chance :colbert: "Ooh I'm so sad about my the military coup I did. I just love my country so much and also fascism."

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Except Second Chapter showed Richard was right to worry about another invasion from Erebonia. And while he did a lot of damage during the events in FC, there's no denying his actions were definitely guided by love for his country. (that and a crushing insecurity about being unable to clear the bar set by his legendary predecessor)

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

This is another short door, like the Salt Pale. It's about neeerds.

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
Oh hay, proto-Internet. I remember when I was playing the series for the first time (which was before Zero came out in China), I was wondering what's the deal with this door, until I found out that Orbal Network would be an important piece of setting for the crossbell games. Although it never ended up being really plot-relevant in any way.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

My preferred way to cheese this door is to dump confusion on them. Turns out they don't resist petrify.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Raise your hand if you wish Orbments existed IRL.

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

Junpei posted:

Raise your hand if you wish Orbments existed IRL.

gently caress that. Our regular criminals are already super bad, lets not forget the Cartels and whatnot. Do you really want them to be able to also throw fireballs, start tornadoes, and mindrape you into attacking your friends on top of that?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Lynkericious posted:

gently caress that. Our regular criminals are already super bad, lets not forget the Cartels and whatnot. Do you really want them to be able to also throw fireballs, start tornadoes, and mindrape you into attacking your friends on top of that?

...sometimes, I legitimately cannot tell if a person is being serious or sarcastic over the Internet. This is one of those times.

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

Junpei posted:

...sometimes, I legitimately cannot tell if a person is being serious or sarcastic over the Internet. This is one of those times.

A little of Column A, a little of Column B. Take my advice and just ignore 90% of what I say, it's stupid most of the time.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
It's okay. We know the answer to criminals...12-year old girls with machine guns. What could possibly go wrong?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Lynkericious posted:

A little of Column A, a little of Column B. Take my advice and just ignore 90% of what I say, it's stupid most of the time.

Wait... Then that means... I'M ONTO YOUR GAME! Time to go to church to wipe the imaginary internet stigma from my internet body to escape a grasp you may or may not have on me now that I have read your trigger phrases!

(Also hooray for an intelligent person to actually figure out what's going on with this whole labyrinth and who made it before Kevin wakes up to say 'oh you guys figured that out, I was gonna tell you but boy is that a load off my shoulders wait what do you mean it requires a virgin sacrifice to leave')

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

You know I can buy a vast acceleration of industrialization based on the discovery of septium and orbal energy, but I feel like it wouldn't have done much to speed up the development of 20th century computing like it seems to be doing here. "Limitless amount of clean energy" is still quite a ways off from a transistor.

Maybe the lack of heat generation made vacuum tube development and miniaturization more practical. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

BearDrivingTruck posted:

He came with Kloe.
I completely forgot about that. :doh:

• Locked thread