Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

NecroMonster posted:

neutral in mvci looks like total loving rear end without access to assists

Agreed.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

my favorite thing is that everytime i see new footage of mvci and it's a character i might maybe want to play or am happy to see again i then remember the game has tvc bursts

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

doesn't everyone have a booted foot growing out of their back?

Fruitsnacks
Oct 28, 2007

OSad posted:

Goddamn, which goon do I believe in? I should've not been a cheapskate and paid a few more bucks for the assurance that I would get to play as anime girl.
The regular version of Revelator had Haehyun, Dizzy, and Raven as separate DLC. The deluxe version of Revelator includes the DLC characters + cosmetic DLC. The $20 Rev2 upgrade does not include the 3 DLC characters, so if someone owns the regular version of Revelator and never bought the DLC characters then upgrading to Rev2 wouldn't get them the DLC characters. They would still have to be purchased separately.

Now, those 2 bundles that you linked do include the DLC characters. So if you buy either of them you will have the latest version of the game, Rev2, plus the 3 DLC characters from the previous version of the game. The more expensive bundle gives you Rev2 + 3 DLC characters + Revelator and Rev2's cosmetic DLC.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i like that they're so lazy that they're using frank's dead rising 1 design complete with his hunch and hosed up leg from a specifci plot event in that game, instead of his dead rising 4 design and animations

i mean dead rising 4 was bad but you think they'd want to promote a game that came out less than a year ago

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

thats so he can backstep dude

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

why promote a game with the products you create when you could instead not do that and just pay random people to post about how good it is on twitter

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Endorph posted:

i like that they're so lazy that they're using frank's dead rising 1 design complete with his hunch and hosed up leg from a specifci plot event in that game, instead of his dead rising 4 design and animations

i mean dead rising 4 was bad but you think they'd want to promote a game that came out less than a year ago

they used dreadspencer

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

god i forgot spencer was even in this game

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Haggar not yelling YOURE FINISHED is underwhelming

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
they even had an alternate costume of the more notable and better designed spencer, but they decided to use ganja wifearm instead

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i just wanna play dbzf already

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

NecroMonster posted:

why promote a game with the products you create when you could instead not do that and just pay random people to post about how good it is on twitter

why pay people to shill for your game when corporate ballwashers will do it for free

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

NecroMonster posted:

i just wanna play dbzf already

Same

mvci looks boring as poo poo and nothing I've seen makes me think it couldn't have been accomplished as an expansion to the last game. I don't even see any new animations besides a few supers yet.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
WHERE'S MAXIMUM SPIDER

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
theres only 2 cool things in marvel infinite and thats the char switch mechanic and the space box

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the tag system loses points for killing assists

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

anime was right posted:

theres only 2 cool things in marvel infinite and thats the char switch mechanic and the space box

arthur has a dash now, that's the 3rd thing

OSad
Feb 29, 2012
A little disappointed that they opted not to make use of zombie Frank West instead of just normal Frank West, but I guess you'd want to distance yourself as much as possible from DR4. The idea of a grapple character that chomps down on brains as an ultimate is interesting to think about though.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

NecroMonster posted:

the tag system loses points for killing assists

But assists arent marketable to modern gamers because you cant use them under certain conditions and they require decisions and studying.

In that same vein, please enjoy the newly downsized roster.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
My favorite part about that off-screen footage is how little the audience cares about the new trailer

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Endorph posted:

If anything I'd like to forget Dead Rising 4 was even a thing.

Judging by the sales I don't think I'm alone.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Endorph posted:

I think it's easier to just reuse from marvel 3

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I don't get the appeal of the spacebox. Seems dumb to me, but everyone loves it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's funny

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Endorph posted:

exactly, it's loving bewildering how lazy and halfassed this game looks. Just recycling every character from MVC3 and not even giving a gently caress enough to update characters like Chris, Spencer, or Frank West. Who the gently caress even cares about Nemesis in 2017? They could have used Jack Baker.

In contrast to Marvel, the Capcom side is mainly just a rehash with a mix of people like Jedah or X. Spider-Man actually looks like he got upgrades and new moves.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Nemesis rules, don't treat him as mutually exclusive with jack

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Nemesis rules, don't treat him as mutually exclusive with jack

you're right, Nemesis should not be lumped with the rest of the trashboys, I apologize to my friend Thomas "T-Type" Nemesis

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Sorry, my brain doesn't work so good...
Jedah's just in MvC:I to capitalize on the popularity of fidget spinners

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
It's cool how they gave Spider-man some batarangs.

DLC Inc posted:

exactly, it's loving bewildering how lazy and halfassed this game looks. Just recycling every character from MVC3 and not even giving a gently caress enough to update characters like Chris, Spencer, or Frank West. Who the gently caress even cares about Nemesis in 2017? They could have used Jack Baker.
Yeah why would they use new characters or give existing ones redesigns when you can just shave off 20% of the polygons for the new art direction and call it a day.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

anime was right posted:

they even had an alternate costume of the more notable and better designed spencer, but they decided to use ganja wifearm instead

Maybe Capcom wants their own Shuma Gorath-tier "why the gently caress is this guy here" versus character

raocow
Apr 23, 2007

Keen Dreams

Please give me a chance to be a better person. -Willhart
why is that game 80 dollars (canadian) for the basic version ?!
Like how do you justify this. That's crazy.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

raocow posted:

why is that game 80 dollars (canadian) for the basic version ?!
Like how do you justify this. That's crazy.

people in the sfv thread were able to defend it for sfv. the answer that they had is that if you think it's not a good price you are wrong and mean for talking about it

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

DLC Inc posted:

you're right, Nemesis should not be lumped with the rest of the trashboys, I apologize to my friend Thomas "T-Type" Nemesis

Thank you, my friend. May tentacles anti air all of your foes.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
it is extremely telling the only characters with new moves or designs are Marvel ones

and even then we still have MvC3-rear end Thor from like five designs ago

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I was eyeballing Xrd because it's on sale and I've always been interested in the series. But I don't want to try to get into fighting games with randos online. Is there goons actively playing it

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

https://twitter.com/Hazukari/status/888067706674700292

@endorph

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I was eyeballing Xrd because it's on sale and I've always been interested in the series. But I don't want to try to get into fighting games with randos online. Is there goons actively playing it

Goons love GG