Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Aside from the Punisher clip and the hallway fight I'm pretty sure everything that wasn't Stan Lee was a clip from the previous series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
I don't have to read Korean to recognize the Defenders logo, I've seen these promos recycle old footage to pad new trailers, and whenever possible end on a surprise/twist to maximize hype. It's loving textbook.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Sgt. Politeness posted:

I don't have to read Korean to recognize the Defenders logo, I've seen these promos recycle old footage to pad new trailers, and whenever possible end on a surprise/twist to maximize hype. It's loving textbook.

There's no Defenders logo in that trailer.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

AngryBooch posted:

There's no Defenders logo in that trailer.

Ok actually you're right... there's also no Punisher logo, so it seems like a weird stinger to put at the end when they could have easily used recycled footage from Daredevil and included him entirely.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Ok actually you're right... there's also no Punisher logo, so it seems like a weird stinger to put at the end when they could have easily used recycled footage from Daredevil and included him entirely.

There's a version on the english language official Netflix channel now. It's literally just a promotional thing for the Marvel stuff in general (and Stan, even though the Netflix-verse owes way more to Bendis than Stan himself). Hence why it uses footage from all 6 shows.

cultureulterior
Jan 27, 2004
Runaways is premiering on Nov 21, apparently

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
https://twitter.com/theinhumans/status/888207339731341312

Inhumans looking better every day...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Even they know it looks terrible.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Okay that just made me laugh really goddamn hard, so, respect.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sounds like season 2 of Legion might involve some flashbacks as Said Taghmaoui has been cast as the "real" Amahl Farouk aka the Shadow King.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

muscles like this! posted:

Sounds like season 2 of Legion might involve some flashbacks as Said Taghmaoui has been cast as the "real" Amahl Farouk aka the Shadow King.

Said Taghmaoui is so good in everything he does. This is awesome news.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
New Inhumans trailer. Better than the first one, but that wasn't exactly a high bar to clear.

https://twitter.com/theinhumans/status/888223927042027520

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Folks, I'm afraid Medusa's power just isn't gonna look good on a TV budget.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Just...look, all power to them 'cuz I'm sure they gave it their best effort and there's certainly a lot of other things out there that deserve to fail a lot more than this, but the phrase that keeps coming to mind here is "polishing a turd." As in: ya can't.

If the effects are gonna be as unexceptional as they are, then the writing and direction needed to be loving apex. And what we get instead is this middling boilerplate "BROTHER THE HOOMANS ARE A THREAT. I AM RULER NOW. HrruruHGRG!" blandness.

e: Also I look forward to this bloody song being played in the trailers of every single movie or show or game with slightly non-human characters in it

BrianWilly fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jul 21, 2017

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

zoux posted:

Folks, I'm afraid Medusa's power just isn't gonna look good on a TV budget.

To be fair, nobody asked for them to try. Most people were expecting Inhumans to be a proper MCU movie since it was in the line up for a while. It's not like people were demanding Medusa one way or the other.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Barry Convex posted:

New Inhumans trailer. Better than the first one, but that wasn't exactly a high bar to clear.

Yeah. This looks like poo poo.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Barry Convex posted:

People are going to go watch this in Imax.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Skwirl posted:

People are going to go watch this in Imax.

Not that many.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

muscles like this! posted:

Oh HELL YES

I haven't even finished season 1 and I'm pumped for Said as the Shadow King.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

ToastyPotato posted:

To be fair, nobody asked for them to try. Most people were expecting Inhumans to be a proper MCU movie since it was in the line up for a while. It's not like people were demanding Medusa one way or the other.

This could have been a great movie and Feige shouldn't have let the property go to Perlmutter. The Lockjaw merchandise alone would have been a big moneymaker for Disney.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I was genuinely looking forward to the Inhumans movie. I was bummed when it was cancelled but this is even worse. I have to wonder if the inclusion of Inhumans in AOS precipitated the death of the film and handing over of the property (what with Marvel Studios and Marvel Entertainment splitting due to power struggle drama.)

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

I'm really confused why "blah blah blah IMAX!!!!!" is being pushed so hard but this looks like it is on the same level of special effects as Shou Lao in Iron Fist. IE really bad.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

notthegoatseguy posted:

I'm really confused why "blah blah blah IMAX!!!!!" is being pushed so hard but this looks like it is on the same level of special effects as Shou Lao in Iron Fist. IE really bad.

IMAX is financing it.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
The Gifted SDCC Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSvX-azZmG4

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

That looks so much better than Inhumans that it is almost disgusts me. Really hoping the show survives on Fox. Looks neat.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

I mean...yeah, truth, but I think it also benefits from deliberately leaning towards a more grounded, lower-fantasy setting without any costumes or space nations or CGI dogs. Half the powers of the cast can be summed up as "makes a bright light" or "moves a car."

I'm of course the first to rag on how poo poo Inhumans looks, but I don't imagine Fox would've been able to pull it off with their resources either.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Last name Strucker? So they're the Fenris Twins? Hmm, they made the Struckers the good guys. Interesting.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The Gifted looks alright but I am 100 % over the Singerverse X-Men so I'm not sure I'll bother.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

SDCC Defenders panel confirmed Iron Fist S2, with Misty Knight joining the cast. Pray they get a new showrunner.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
If Stephen Moyer can play overprotective dad as well as he can horny constipated vampire there might be a full season's worth of The Gifted worth watching.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Fox has also come out and preemptively stated that Gifted will not cross over with Legion or the X-movies.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_6J9BqgonU

new Defenders trailer

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

notthegoatseguy posted:

Shou Lao isn't even in Iron Fist?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That is a real good trailer.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I hope Gao beats up Sigourney Weaver and becomes the biggest villain in all of New York.

also, imagine: her and Michael Keaton's Vulture meeting to discuss business over tea

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

We're not so different us and y'all.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I'm just glad Danny has a decent haircut now

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

But no God damned costume.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Sgt. Politeness posted:

But no God damned costume.

Daredevil is the only one with a secret identity , so the only one with a costume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Samuringa posted:

I'm just glad Danny has a decent haircut now

If only he could get a decent actor.