Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

That's Mark, the emotionally stunted bull

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
The den of temptation was today. I don't believe anybody on stream has said they have it. My money is on Kevin

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

CancerStick posted:

The den of temptation was today. I don't believe anybody on stream has said they have it. My money is on Kevin
Word on the streets is it's Jessica... or at least Paul is worked up that she does and is trying to bait her to use it by flipping the house votes or at least appear that he is. :munch:

Not exactly a great move because if she burns the temptation she AND Dom still remain AND a hamster resurrection is still on.

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jul 20, 2017

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Do we know the rules of the temptation? Seems like if the goal is to pad the numbers in the house then the temptation would either stop the eviction and cancel the resurrection, or allow the eviction but activate the resurrection.

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
Time for the house to continue eating out of Paul's hand.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

A bit off-topic, but just FYI there seem to be hints that we might get a BBCAN announcement tomorrow... Global TV has a countdown clock on their page that ends during tomorrow night's episode and that is showing blurry clips from BBCAN, and Arisa Cox and the Big Brother Canada Twitter account have both retweeted it... fingers crossed!

(Also, I know someone who worked on the show, and their FB page cryptically said a week ago that good things were happening and to stay tuned... so yeah, it seems the hiatus might be over!)

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

thexerox123 posted:

A bit off-topic, but just FYI there seem to be hints that we might get a BBCAN announcement tomorrow... Global TV has a countdown clock on their page that ends during tomorrow night's episode and that is showing blurry clips from BBCAN, and Arisa Cox and the Big Brother Canada Twitter account have both retweeted it... fingers crossed!

(Also, I know someone who worked on the show, and their FB page cryptically said a week ago that good things were happening and to stay tuned... so yeah, it seems the hiatus might be over!)

I hope so. It was getting decent ratings here in Canada, so I was a little surprised at the hiatus news.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

mallratcal posted:

I hope so. It was getting decent ratings here in Canada, so I was a little surprised at the hiatus news.

Arisa Cox went on RHAP last year and said that although BBCan is successful, it's still incredibly expensive to produce. The lack of Twist-os twists and other such obnoxious sponsorships this year made for a great season, but I think it hurt their bottom line.

It's actually charming if the blowback from the fanbase has a positive effect. No complaints here. I vastly prefer BBCan to the US version.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Haven't watched much feeds this week but lets tune in for the last feeds we'll get for a couple of days. They'll be off until after the West Coast airing of Friday's episode when we'll find out who Battled Back and probably who has HOH.

Christmas got an upgrade.

Jess seems to be gossiping to Elena that Matt and Raven were getting frisky under the covers and she was trapped. Jess is getting very comfortable in the house and getting back to Week 1 status. Now she's talking about how Cody is a messy splooger and recapping all their exploits. Jess doesn't have much boundaries. Apparently she had to talk Cody into doing it on camera.

Alex telling Jason that she thinks it would be funny to spread a rumor that Jessica is going home because she's getting too comfortable and cocky. Alex's kinda of giddy. She and Jason are plotting out possible weeks of outings and laughing about the possibility of Josh winning a mental HOH because he's so dumb. Jason and Alex have developed some decent HOHitis. They trash Christmas a bit and Jason is pretty set on sending Christmas home, which seems to be a lot of turned around guilt/resentment about breaking her foot and assuming she wants revenge. Jason thinks Matt is gay and not into Raven, which is funny considering the last paragraph. Lots of general HG bashing/venting. Now they're randomly making fun of BB16's Christine and her husband. These two need to get out of the HOH room. This is what happens when you get way too comfortable up there and feel separated from the house/game.

Christmas is telling Raven about her mother's cancer. Raven says how she's susceptible to cancer.

Now Alex is fantasizing about what it would be like if Big Brother was a game about torturing people and describing ways she could torture people with the things handy. Now she's talking about some weird rape and murder Blood Drive show on the internet? I'm lost. She's all over the place. Alex doesn't know why we don't publicly torture and murder rapists and child molesters. Jason says its because people are stupid. Then they talk about the difference between rapes and Alex talks about people she know who lied about being date raped. Jason wisely asks them to change the topic.

Christmas feels a poop coming. She's excited because apparently she hasn't in five days. I assume/hope that's a side effect of medicine or surgery or something?

Paul throwing the "should we just vote out Jessica?" idea to Matt. Matt is nonplussed. He thinks Dom is checked out and her game is blown. Paul seems to be genuinely considering it and weighing the scales of who which of the ladies could theoretically get in good with again.

Elena is weighing the complicated natures of showmances with Ramses.

Josh and Paul are doing some basic "next week" talk. Josh asks Paul what he thinks of Christmas and the hinky vote but Paul keeps her secret and says he can't get mad at her for something he doesn't know for sure. Paul asks what Josh thinks of Mark. "Cook kid, don't trust him." Paul says a lot of people feel the same way and is clearly prepping Josh to target Mark if he wins HOH.

I think Raven, Jess, and Elena may have been openly talking about Matt and Raven having sex? I don't know. Jess and Elena talk about sex a lot so its not always clear if they're actually referring to something or just acting like horny teenagers.

I know this isn't the sort of thing I usually recap but I haven't watched feeds in days and just wanted to get a little in before they shut off for a couple of days.

I still can't figure out if this means they love each other or hate each other.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Week 2 brought us kitties.

Week 3 brought us puppies.

Week 4 presents bunnies!

I'm hoping for a Week 5 snake in Paul's honor.

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

Christmas is telling Raven about her mother's cancer. Raven says how she's susceptible to cancer.

Of course.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I once had a college roommate who we'd just make up bullshit stories to because we knew he'd always try to one up them and we wanted to see what kind of crazy poo poo we could get him to try and sell us.

If i was in the BB House with Raven I'd constantly be making up friends and families with rare diseases with the secret goal of being able to eventually scream "ITS NEVER LUPUS!"

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Propaganda Machine posted:

Arisa Cox went on RHAP last year and said that although BBCan is successful, it's still incredibly expensive to produce. The lack of Twist-os twists and other such obnoxious sponsorships this year made for a great season, but I think it hurt their bottom line.

It's actually charming if the blowback from the fanbase has a positive effect. No complaints here. I vastly prefer BBCan to the US version.

No kidding- it's very apparent how much money they put into the design of the house each season, especially when compared to BBUS. Every season premier I'm in awe when they tour the house, I had assumed that they were getting a lot of support from The Brick though.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

BB Can should move to the CBC so my tax dollars can help fund it!

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Christmas feels a poop coming. She's excited because apparently she hasn't in five days. I assume/hope that's a side effect of medicine or surgery or something?

Ya, I think it's the anesthesia + painkillers that keeps you, ah, gunshy for a little while. They also probably gave her some medicine to help it, but it takes a while.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

STAC Goat posted:

I still can't figure out if this means they love each other or hate each other.

It's just Kittens being Kittens. My grown cats do this kind of thing to each other, chase each other around, but then will cuddle with each other on the couch.

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
Also STAC I appreciate all of your updates & summaries, they're great--but I'm glad you took a break for your own mental health. :shepicide:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

As crazy as I seem I'm not actually addicted to the feeds. This week I just had other interests and never felt super compelled to tune in so I just didn't.

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
What are the chances the house flipped today and Jess didn't notice any clues. There was serious talk of that happening before the feeds cut

Is this where you put on your tin foil hat and say production would tip her off

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

As crazy as I seem I'm not actually addicted to the feeds. This week I just had other interests and never felt super compelled to tune in so I just didn't.

Oh no, I wasn't implying you were crazy or addicted. I could just see a Tetris effect developing with anybody, just from watching these maniacs all the time.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'll probably maintain a lot of my disinterest if we go back to at least two weeks guaranteed of Jody Feed.

And we'll even miss the best part when Cody reenters the house and fights with Mark and Josh.

Here's pulling for Cameron.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I feel like all observation of the universe I live in dictates that Cody will win at this point, as evidenced by Jess getting the temptation. Not going to lie, her getting that temptation killed the majority of my interest in this season.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Neither Jessica having the Temptation nor Cody winning Battle Back really hurt my interest on there own. But combined it really is a bummer to see two really bad players get handed a second chance and a ton of security ("My power is to cancel an eviction so you'd be dumb to waste one on us") when they're probably just gonna hurt the feeds by being antisocial jerks again and unifying people in hate of them.

And Paul probably works with them so its kind or a consolidation of all the worst stuff going on. It only gets worse if Mark swallows what little dignity he has and works with them.

Let's go, Wild Card Cameron!

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Cameron's gonna come back in and win the whole thing, calling it now.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Cody coming back would be totally worth it if it turns out he's been banging Jillian in sequester.

yeah yeah I know they sequester them all separately. But this is the one way I would enjoy Cody's return.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I don't really understand how Jessica won.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Muddy Burphy posted:

Consistency. :smugdon:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Online fans stuffing the ballot for their "underdog"/"Anti-Production" favorite while everyone else split their votes between people like Kevin and Alex who lost support over the course of the 10 days or so. And lost interest over the course of 10 days while the Jessica people kept pushing.

I actually didn't find it surprising at all. At the start of the week I thought Alex was the favorite but the online fanbase really turned hard against her as the vote went on and really started to lionize Jessica and Cody because they managed to not be miserable assholes for a few days and they were all intent to ignore that Cody was telling every interviewer that he'd work with Paul if he came back.

ToastyPotato posted:

Consistency. :smugdon:

I actually think its an interesting and accurate comparison.

Like Trump Jessica and Cody have their fanbase of people that don't care that they're smug assholes, that Cody is virulent bigot, that they have complete victim complexes and are entirely self absorbed, and actually really like them for it.

But just as with Trump what probably put Jessica over the edge wasn't people who loved her but was probably people who hated Paul/Hillary and were willing to vote for anyone they saw as the alternative while the Hillary/Alex voters were simply less motivated.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jul 21, 2017

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Muddy Burphy posted:

Jessica sucks

America sucks

Seems like an open and shut case to me

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Make Big Brother Great AgainTM

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Okay, I'll admit it: I voted for Jessica. She's honestly my favourite so far but the hex at least changes up the game from the majority's Ramses/Jess nomination plan.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I've been getting into it with some Cody and Jessica fans because I have the nerve to dislike them and expect that Cody will do exactly what he said he'd do in every interview. Target Mark and his friends out of petty revenge, work with Paul, and then strike later (when Paul will already be working to get Cody out).

So I can confirm that much of the fanbase is basically people who love that he calls everyone "bitches" and "pussies" and "betas" (and don't care that he's a bigot and call you a SJW if you point it out), people obsessed with "its all RIGGED' and loving him because he made the same "victim noises" about why he was evicted, and convinced that he's going to be the only person who can possibly take out Paul.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Shneak posted:

Okay, I'll admit it: I voted for Jessica. She's honestly my favourite so far but the hex at least changes up the game from the majority's Ramses/Jess nomination plan.

I'm curious why. I'm not gonna fight or anything. I just don't really get the appeal of Jessica at all beyond her being attractive. I mean, maybe you like the catty character? Or maybe you see something I don't? I'm kind of curious.

Like I get people voting her as the "underdog" or "gently caress Paul/Production/the Plan" but I'm genuinely kind of curious about what actually draws you to her as your favorite.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I hope however the house reconfigures, Jessica and Elena keep lines of communication open because I can see them kind of terrorizing everyone? IDK, I thought it was a good week for Elena. In a house of broken people and obvious targets she sticks out as someone who can win.

The week one alliance (Cool Kids minus Cody and Jessica) was a real threat to run the table, which probably shapes a lot of the amateur Big Brother punditry. You had the vet/charismatic leader they all took advice from, you had a ton of people who should be perfectly capable of winning Big Brother competitions, you had an "opposition" of weird, disparate figures like "old man" and "STD cowboy" and "doomed evil showmance" and "Josh Martinez" that don't even get along and should be real easy to isolate and pick off.

If Alex (who's obviously no great, independent Big Brother mastermind herself, though I think her HoH week worked better than she'll get credit for) didn't get to shuffle the deck and steer Paul away from that group, we have a different game and a place where unironically liking Cody and Jess makes a lot more sense, I think.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think Alex had a very successful week. She made no enemies, she gained some allies, she got out her target unanimously and no one is mad. And I think the Paul alliance could have legs. If she ever becomes too much of a threat Paul will undercut her, but he isn't yet and I see the potential for her to be his Victor 2.0 only not happened by a terrible social game or having been evicted twice. That might be enough to make Paul turn on her but I think his ego is big enough that he wouldn't be worried she could beat him at the end.

I don't think Elena had a very good week. It wasnt a terrible week but I think it was a bad one when it all scales out. She potentially gained allies in Alex and Jason but she lost the same in Dom and pulled away from Christmas. Mark continues to hurt his game and she remains connected to that. She showed herself to be a comp threat without actually winning or getting a target out. She may be reconnecting with Jessica but that's a snake and Cody intends to target Elena first up at last check. The best thing to happen to her was Dom going since Dom was going to make a move on her in time. But I feel like she took a lot of little cuts this week that might not be bleeding bad but can add up.

My biggest fear is probably that Cody and Jess reconnect with Alex and Jason through Paul and it's a new power alliance that is largely intolerable. If Cody and Mark made peace and brought in Elena then it would just be terrible. There's a lot of roadblocks there but it seems plausible and it would probably kill the season for me.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It's pretty loving stupid to take the feeds down for 24+ hours for a lovely battle back twist.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
The only thing that would making Cody coming back worthwhile would be Cody winning HoH and putting Paul up right away.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
The most impressive thing about Alex's HOH week was that she targeted Dom, got her unanimously evicted (I know, Dom pretty much did that herself), and is nowhere near Dom's target if she manages to get back in the house.

She did a good job of making it seem as if it was the will of the house (especially Dom's former allies) and never doing anything to get onto Dom or Jessica's radar.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah I'm glad Alex didn't listen to Jason's "Put up Raven" plan because that would have be atrocious for her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
Are they just leaving Raven's fall down the stairs off the show entirely? They haven't shown or mentioned it, right?

• Locked thread