Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
And it ends up being Six's coat reworked into a summer dress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

And it ends up being Six's coat reworked into a summer dress.

As long as there's a cat pin somewhere in there I'm all for it.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Ten: Rose, what do you think of this tie? Does yellow clash with the blue? I like yellow, you've gotta love yellow, bananas are good, anyway, Barcelona!
Rose: Doctor, those aliens just murdered my mum.
Ten: You'r right, the yellow's too much. White Converse shoes? Red Converse shoes? (Pausing to look extremely sad.) I'm the last of the Time Lords, Rose. Nobody on Gallifrey can ever Converse shoes on a big tan coat except for me.
Mickey: (Banging on the TARDIS doors) Doctor, please! They've just blown up the entire west coast of the United States, billions were killed.
Ten: They're all gone, Rose. None of them will ever spill a banana daiquiri on a tie.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
haha yeah women do obsess over clothes!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Riptor posted:

haha yeah women The Doctors do obsess over clothes!

Fixed that for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu1C1Wmj3Xc

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Bicyclops posted:

*Touching self on the nose, eyes, hair, stomach* "Wait a minute... hang on, just a second, it can't be! It just absolutely can't be! I've lost my fantastic sticky-up hair!" *a Sontaran teleports into the TARDIS*

"I'm a....I'm a....I'm a blonde! Again?! Well at least it's not permed this time!"

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Riptor posted:

haha yeah women do obsess over clothes!

Yeah, I was trying to turn the joke be back to the Tennant era because the original one about Thirteen, uh...

Tikifire
Jun 22, 2006

Would you like to touch my monkey?

My favorite from here:

http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2017/07/16/doctor-jodie-whittaker-13th-doctor-favourite-20-responses-online/

These are good too, especially #1:

http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2017/07/16/daily-mail-readers-think-female-doctor-done-doctor-titles/

Tikifire fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jul 16, 2017

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

"I'm a....I'm a....I'm a blonde! Again?! Well at least it's not permed this time!"

I'd probably prefer a standard "blonde eh? How's the ears? Jesus." to actively lampshading the gender change with a Moffaty "ah excellent I'm a woman, so much better than being a man" or whatever

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
*The Doctor pats herself down, tilts head, pulls a strand of platinum blonde hair into her eyeline...*

"Oh for... I was really trying for ginger this time!"

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

My honest first thought was that she didn't look goofy enough but I think she could carry the level of authority needed. I just hope the stories are good.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

2house2fly posted:

I'd probably prefer a standard "blonde eh? How's the ears? Jesus." to actively lampshading the gender change with a Moffaty "ah excellent I'm a woman, so much better than being a man" or whatever

I wasn't referring to her gender at all, just another opportunity to dunk on C.Baker :confused:

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I've never seen most of the stuff she's been in, but she was really good in that episode of Black Mirror, and fantastic in Attack the Block, which is an overall really excellent movie and I'm glad that some of the actors in it are getting bigger genre roles.

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004
I hope it's ignored until the tag at the end of the season. A mid-credits flash of revelation when the Doctor realises that they are a woman.

Also pronouns and tenses are going to be complicated now, Dan Streetmentioner might have something to say.

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
I just hope she gets good writing. It would be so easy to write this incredibly badly.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

HERAK posted:

I hope it's ignored until the tag at the end of the season. A mid-credits flash of revelation when the Doctor realises that they are a woman.

Also pronouns and tenses are going to be complicated now, Dan Streetmentioner might have something to say.

Not really, Moffat's set a precedent where past versions of the character are referred to by the current gender ("she was my man-crush" etc)

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

In that same scene the Doctor said "We had a pact, me and him." but then in the next sentence said "But he was too busy burning them, I don't think she saw anything." So an interjection from Mr Streetmentioner would probably be useful.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Darth Brooks posted:

My honest first thought was that she didn't look goofy enough but I think she could carry the level of authority needed. I just hope the stories are good.

I looked at the trailers for her new comedy (it's not my cup of tea, from the looks of it, but it's a style and preference thing), and she definitely seems like she can pull off goofy.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Looks like we haven't dodged the Kris Marshall bullet just yet.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
God I don't even care about his acting abilities, please, just keep someone with the millenial magician name "Kris Marshall" away from the opening credits where it's seen all series. Maybe he can die in a cold open or something.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
There was that weird rumour about both the 13th and 14th Doctors showing up in the Xmas special...?

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

The_Doctor posted:

There was that weird rumour about both the 13th and 14th Doctors showing up in the Xmas special...?

Yeah, 13 is only in it for about 20 minutes. It still counts as "the doctor is a woman!" but she regenerates into Rupert Grint after she dies in a Zumba accident.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

The thread title is a little outdated, imo.

Stabbatical
Sep 15, 2011

Squizzle posted:

The thread title is a little outdated, imo.

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > Doctor Who SPOILERS: Introducing Jodie Whittaker as Joanna Lumley

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice

The_Doctor posted:

The weird rumor that only came from Prior Marcus, who was demonstrably making poo poo up for this thread.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I do wonder.
I'd think Moffat would want to address the Valeyard thing and this is the last time he could but who knows.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Mortanis posted:

The weird rumor that only came from Prior Marcus, who was demonstrably making poo poo up for this thread.

What did he make up?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

I don't think he was making it up (iirc he correctly predicted some aspects of The Doctor Falls) but even rumours from close to the set can be misunderstood or subject to change

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

2house2fly posted:

I don't think he was making it up (iirc he correctly predicted some aspects of The Doctor Falls) but even rumours from close to the set can be misunderstood or subject to change

For sure, I just think people occasionally remember him predicting something he didn't predict. People thought he said the new Doctor wasn't a woman, and I checked hid post history in three threads, and I couldn't find anywhere he even hinted at that.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I think he insinuated that the doctor would be really like Tennant.

He might have looked at a man and a woman on the set from a distance and decided that the man was the Doctor which is not really an insane thing to assume.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Technically, the thirteenth and fourteenth Doctors were in "Time of the Doctor", which was a Christmas special. :colbert:

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Stabbatical posted:

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > Doctor Who SPOILERS: Introducing Jodie Whittaker as Doctor WHAT???

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Doctor Who SPOILERS: Basically just a Pessimistic Version of the Main Thread Until Chistmas

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

thrawn527 posted:

For sure, I just think people occasionally remember him predicting something he didn't predict. People thought he said the new Doctor wasn't a woman, and I checked hid post history in three threads, and I couldn't find anywhere he even hinted at that.

He deleted a few posts, IIRC. Anyway, I don't want to dunk on PriorMarcus, I'm sure he means well, but it's obvious that he has no access to reliable firsthand info, which is why his predictions vary so wildly. Then again, they aren't really any worse than a lot of the Mirror's rumors, so.. :shrug:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Mark Gatiss is going to be in front of the camera in the Xmas special in an apparently secret role. Hopefully not the 3rd Doctor...

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

The_Doctor posted:

Mark Gatiss is going to be in front of the camera in the Xmas special in an apparently secret role. Hopefully not the 3rd Doctor...

I'd bet it is. The rumor is that the story is It's a Wonderful Life, and since Twelve is refusing to regenerate, I'd bet money that he revisits past selves to be reminded of how much good a regeneration can do.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Would have rather seen Sean Pertwee.

I'm conflicted about this. I have no problem with Bradley, but if you're just gonna get a bunch of people doing imitations of the old actor rapidfire, it will be jarring.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Maybe they can get Davison in to express deep concern over how many young men are losing a role model when the Doctor regenerates.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Bicyclops posted:

Maybe they can get Davison in to express deep concern over how many young men are losing a role model when the Doctor regenerates.

Past Doctors' faces whirling around the floor with Davison saying "YOU MUST NOT DIE! DOCTOR! DON'T DIE DOCTOR! MUAHAHAHA!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
"Hello Doctor! It's me, Adric! If you hadn't regenerated I'd still be alive!"

• Locked thread