Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/AVFCOfficial/status/888126310312140800

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I thought he retired

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
A back line of Terry and Samba lol Jesus H Christ

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

TheBigAristotle posted:

A back line of Terry and Samba lol Jesus H Christ

2010 vibes

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

T Bowl posted:

2010 vibes

That's fine, but what is John Terry going to read on the plane?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

MrBling posted:

Red Bull has literally all the money, they don't need to sell. The club just finished 2nd in the Bundesliga and are going to play CL football so why would the player want to leave?
It's odd. They supposedly dont care about money but finishing 2nd and having a chance at CL matches for the first time, their net spend this summer has only been like 20m. You'd think they want more quality in the side.

In any case, Liverpool should move on, offer 80m for VVD just to sate the bloodlust of the scouse transfer horde and call it a day.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
somewhere brap is doing all the moves

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Arsenal have supposedly rejected a £16m bid by Palace for Callum Chambers.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Aston Villa's defence: John Terry, Chris Samba, Micah Richards, Alan Hutton and Aly Cissokho.

What a side lmao

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
£25m for arnautovic :thunk:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

EvilHawk posted:

Aston Villa's defence: John Terry, Chris Samba, Micah Richards, Alan Hutton and Aly Cissokho.

What a side lmao

2010 All-Star team

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

EvilHawk posted:

What a side lmao

Is Neil Taylor still there?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

sassassin posted:

Is Neil Taylor still there?

Yes he is.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Delighted to see my boy Hernandez back in the PL even if it is for the West Hams.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I think this is a really good signing for the Wet Shams.

Edit: Especially for the £13m that's being reported.

Shrapnig fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jul 20, 2017

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Diva Cupcake posted:

It's odd. They supposedly dont care about money but finishing 2nd and having a chance at CL matches for the first time, their net spend this summer has only been like 20m. You'd think they want more quality in the side.

In any case, Liverpool should move on, offer 80m for VVD just to sate the bloodlust of the scouse transfer horde and call it a day.
This is the second transfer this summer that we have very publicly offered huge money for and been very publicly rejected. At this point, any further transfers that are actually completed are no doubt going to make 35m for Mane look like the steal of the century (I have no idea how Hull are not making us pay 25m for Robertson, but then again Hull). Are we only capable of pursuing one target at a time?

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
looks to me like liverpool are drat fail

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Our first choice 4atb defense will be Neil Taylor, Terry, Chester, and El Mohammady which is fine to good for the Championship. Chester is too good for the division.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

cheese posted:

This is the second transfer this summer that we have very publicly offered huge money for and been very publicly rejected. At this point, any further transfers that are actually completed are no doubt going to make 35m for Mane look like the steal of the century (I have no idea how Hull are not making us pay 25m for Robertson, but then again Hull). Are we only capable of pursuing one target at a time?

The Van Dijk deal was a massive gently caress up that has been a long time coming. Our journos have had far too much information for about a decade - since before the whole Jen Chang thing. As a club we clearly became too confident in getting deals done and fed things to the press who reported it (as they will do) without actually having deals settled. Since that came out though, all of the journos have been saying that the club has basically shut up shop. Almost all of the news about Keita has been coming from Germany, his agent, or Ghanaian journalists. Leipzig are the ones revealing that we've been bidding. The Robertson stuff is similar, it was very very quiet on the Liverpool front until the last couple of days when a deal was agreed.

And, you know, we're signing Robertson at the same time as pursuing Keita, so yes we can look at more than one target. It's not "Keita or nothing", it's "We want Keita but if we can't get him that's cool I guess". Like I said CB is more worrying because we absolutely need an upgrade there, but I guess Klopp wants to make sure that is definitely over before moving on.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

straight up brolic posted:

Our first choice 4atb defense will be Neil Taylor, Terry, Chester, and El Mohammady which is fine to good for the Championship. Chester is too good for the division.

There's no way we bought Elmo to be RB

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Frankston posted:

There's no way we bought Elmo to be RB

Are you going to play him on the wing then? Sort of a reverse Antonio Valencia?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Shrapnig posted:

Are you going to play him on the wing then? Sort of a reverse Antonio Valencia?

I'd imagine so. We already have two RB's and we've been in dire need of some midfield width for a couple of seasons now.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I guess a Premier League standard right back could probably do a job in the Championship as a winger.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Lmao

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

straight up brolic posted:

Chester's not big enough for the PL.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sassassin posted:

Literally the most common complaint from my Villa supporting co-worker. He hates Chester, calls him mini-me.

He's old, his cultural references are limited.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

sassassin posted:

Centerhalfs Gary Medel is 5'7" and former Ballon d'Or winner Fabio Cannavaro is 5'9" and both of those heights are probably inflated.

Neither played in the Prem though so there's always that.

Soylent Green
Oct 29, 2004
It's people
Medel played in the premier league for Cardiff but I don't remember ever seeing him at centre half for them.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Soylent Green posted:

Medel played in the premier league for Cardiff but I don't remember ever seeing him at centre half for them.

I had totally forgotten about Medel playing for Cardiff, probably for the best for all parties.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shrapnig posted:

Centerhalfs Gary Medel is 5'7" and former Ballon d'Or winner Fabio Cannavaro is 5'9" and both of those heights are probably inflated.

Neither played in the Prem though so there's always that.

Mascherano is a manlet, too.

Anae
Apr 23, 2008

blue footed boobie posted:

Mascherano is a manlet, too.

famous Centre Bastard puyol was only 5'10.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

EvilHawk posted:

What a side lmao

Any excuse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFeg_hl0Se4

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Seems like City are back in the market for a keeper as Ederson looks like another foreign fancy dan garbageman

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Soylent Green posted:

Didn't he play at CB in the 6-3 game?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Sanchez has apparently agreed terms with PSG.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Fake news :smugdon:

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Barca bid £72m for Coutinho lmao, you'd think PSG would have taught them a lesson about lowballs. Come back with £150m and maybe we'll talk. He's easily worth 3 Kyle Walkers. Even then Klopp would probably say no.

Anae
Apr 23, 2008

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Barca bid £72m for Coutinho lmao, you'd think PSG would have taught them a lesson about lowballs. Come back with £150m and maybe we'll talk. He's easily worth 3 Kyle Walkers. Even then Klopp would probably say no.

The realist in me understands that Coutinho is unlikely to move for that fee, the Evertonian bursts out laughing at Barcelona reportedly seeing him as Iniesta's replacement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
He'll not likely get another chance to join a big club so should force a move imo

• Locked thread