Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

"instant offense" is code for "chris paul" right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Metapod posted:

I was just reminded that Jeff green is a cav jfc that bench is so rear end if they sign rose

Their bench is Kyle Korver, Frye, Shumpert, Jeff Green, and possibly Rose. How is that a bad bench, that's literally one of the best benches in the NBA.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Tae posted:

Their bench is Kyle Korver, Frye, Shumpert, Jeff Green, and possibly Rose. How is that a bad bench, that's literally one of the best benches in the NBA.

Jeff Green was horri-bad last year and probably will barely play, but yeah this bench is far from the worst. Saying it's "one of the best" is probably a huge stretch. It's probably the worst defensive bench in the league by a pretty long shot.

Also Derrick Rose of last year for 15 minutes off the bench would be pretty good.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Actually now that I'm thinking about it, Iman Shumpert and Derrick Rose are the only dudes on that list who are probably even capable of playing 20+ minutes a night in the NBA their bench is complete garbage.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The NBA across the league have pretty bad benches unless you're one of those teams that are 12 deep with no all-star.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Tae posted:

Because Jeff Green, Rose, and Shump are not good, as in very bad, at basketball at the professional level

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Jeff Green's draft position and theoretical skillset makes people think he's better than he is. Still, it's not a bad addition to the bench. I don't think him being terribad in Orlando was entirely on him

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Stephen Colbert went with Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov to his personal gym dojo thing in Russia, and uh, wow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5YJ7mh8zWc&t=495s

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Can you then list what 5 better teams have better benches outside of the Warriors?

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Jeff Green is an active detriment to a team.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Tae posted:

Can you then list what 5 better teams have better benches outside of the Warriors?

Celtics, Nets, Hornets, Nuggets, Warriors, Rockets, Clippers, Heat, Raptors, Spurs, Thunder,

They have like an average bench at best. There are probably more teams that I forgot.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Paul Zuvella posted:

Celtics, Nets, Hornets, Nuggets, Warriors, Rockets, Clippers, Heat, Raptors, Spurs, Thunder,

They have like an average bench at best. There are probably more teams that I forgot.

When did the Thunder get a bench? It's Kanter and... that's it.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Paul Zuvella posted:

You forgot the Mavs. Mavs have Yogi/Barea/Harris(why are all these guards still here?)Seth Curry/Finney-Smith/Mejri/Powell off the bench.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Spacebump posted:

You forgot the Mavs.

I feel if the team doesn't have good starters it should be disqualified.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Jeff Green is just going to steal Derrick Williams' minutes. I'll let the stats nerds calculate whether that is a good thing or bad thing

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

CharlestheHammer posted:

I feel if the team doesn't have good starters it should be disqualified.

The most important improved number for the Mavs this season will be average amount of games played by starters.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kibner posted:

this offseason baby :getin:

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Kibner posted:

I like Abrines and Grant. Also McBuckets has an actual nba skill so he is better than Jeff Green

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

shyduck posted:

Stephen Colbert went with Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov to his personal gym dojo thing in Russia, and uh, wow

all of the jokes about the design were perfect

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

WhyteRyce posted:

Jeff Green is just going to steal Derrick Williams' minutes. I'll let the stats nerds calculate whether that is a good thing or bad thing

I think DWill is a free agent

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

WhyteRyce posted:

They are basically the same player.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

You must really like Cody Zeller

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/888188467502399488

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Good for dakari he deserves it

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
faretheewell Semaj, you shall forever be known as the guy whose 3 sealed Russ averaging a triple double.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

morestuff posted:

You must really like Cody Zeller

He's the best goofy white center out there.

Remember, Euros aren't white!!!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

gotta quick question for everyone in this thread and that question is this is derrick rose back

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

shyduck posted:

that's his dog house, Colbert got punked.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

kind of want to see rose on the lakers just for the lavar ball derrick rose takes

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

chunkles posted:

Jeff Green is an active detriment to a team.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

who would you rather have as a backup point guard on your team in 2017: derrick rose or kirk hinrich

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Give me the compression sleeve

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

who would you rather have as a backup point guard on your team in 2017: derrick rose or kirk hinrich

aaron brooks.

e: or the greatest bulls PG of all time, Nate Robinson

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

chunkles posted:

aaron brooks.

e: or the greatest bulls PG of all time, Nate Robinson

not gonna lie, was going to include nate on there, but that's the obvious answer

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XowdLCvpQjE

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

How have I never seen this picture before

https://twitter.com/nweldon/status/888097710439616513

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Spacebump posted:

The most important improved number for the Mavs this season will be average amount of games played by starters.

convince me why the mavs are gonna be good which i think you've suggested before in this thread. I genuinely don't see why they would win more than 35 games,with their roster. but you watch them a lot more than the 5 times a year i did last year probably so i am willing to be persuaded i just dont get it

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

this is in my top 10 grittiest hustliest playoff moments ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fICBksYTqUI

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/NBA_Skits/status/888206628520112128

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
I've thought very hard about it and I think Nate Rob is maybe my favorite PG ever

• Locked thread