Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

haha yes lets all pretned me turdfuzz is dead hardy har har har ahra rh

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Ahahaha what a loving year

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Al! posted:

each of them would leave believing they truly encountered jesus lol

<-

cumshitter posted:

yeah theyre totally doing gay night club poo poo on that ark on weekends because the museum closes at 6 or someting

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Seriously tho who is this new comms director? Has he done anything noteable?

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Turdfuzz posted:

rip

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

euphronius posted:

jomentum can the president pardon contempt of congress

I don't think he can

iirc

there are multiple forms of it and one of them is understood as an inherent power of congress w/o judicial oversight and they could keep anyone they wanted until the end of the congressional term

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

when the president does it its not illegal

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Turdfuzz posted:

sorry u died :(

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Dairy Days posted:

when the president does it its not illegal

nice av...i love kelly green bic lighters even tho i dont find myself using them much these days as im ~smoke free~

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Prepping for an interview next week and trying to think of Trump interview techniques I could use to get the job.

I like whatever got posted earlier about Trump making a favorable comparison between himself and each of his primary opponents.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
lets build a giant ark to celebrate the time god committed genocide on the entire planet. also lets reclaim the light spectrum from gays

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I liked lurdhuzz rip ape

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I love my fake gay ark

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

euphronius posted:

I liked lurdhuzz rip ape

seasons dont fear the rip ape

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

euphronius posted:

jomentum can the president pardon contempt of congress

I don't think he can

of course he can. the constitution is very clear about what charges are exempt from pardon

quote:

and he shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offences against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

gay boat

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

there is something really soothing about watching this gif

like watching Bob Ross paint a death metal album cover

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

cumshitter posted:

lets build a giant ark to celebrate the time god committed genocide on the entire planet. also lets reclaim the light spectrum from gays

have u ever had intercourse with a evangelical xtian type in deep denial of themselves being gay af?? im guessing thats weird and something u would want to avoid at all costs...tho im sure the possibility is real

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

2017 is just off the drat rails

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Joementum posted:

of course he can. the constitution is very clear about what charges are exempt from pardon

congressional contempt is not an offense against the USA afaict

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkMNOlYcpHg

me dealing with 2017

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i think it was a good move to put the walkway to the ark at the end of the pier so you have to walk all the way back to the front of the pier before you can get on. vvvery well planned on their part

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Joementum posted:

this is the weirdest except

like does that mean he can't reinstate impeached senators? or what would even be covered in that exception

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
idk where the Ark ENcounter is located but im gonna go out on a limb here and guess Branson, Missouri??

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Turdfuzz posted:

seasons dont fear the rip ape

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Joementum posted:

if he pardons himself as the head of the air force does that make it constitutional?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

euphronius posted:

congressional contempt is not an offense against the USA afaict

well, if congress wants to enforce that interpretation, they have the authority

BrownieMinusEye
Apr 22, 2008

Oven Wrangler
I'm waiting for the world to end....

I'm not really sure what to do if it does I don't loving exercise or know poo poo about survival sorry

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Offense against the USA seems to be a crime (against the kingdom) prosecuted by the (king) and approved by the courts

(Parliament) has a sovereign sphere outside of that

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

JosefStalinator posted:

like does that mean he can't reinstate impeached senators? or what would even be covered in that exception

it means he has to preemptively pardon himself before impeachment

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Joementum posted:

think of how colossally stupid you would have to be to accept a job in the communications office of the trump White House right now

Depends on your motive. It could make for a great book (probably sooner rather than later with the way things are going.)

Rubber Tucky
Oct 14, 2004

Next time I will pay attention while choosing my thread tags.
trump is, uh...

*checks notes*

...a complete loving idiot

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

Mariana Horchata posted:

idk where the Ark ENcounter is located but im gonna go out on a limb here and guess Branson, Missouri??

about 30 minutes south of Cincinnati, in northern Kentucky.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

That stupid jesus rainbow ship theme park has $40 tickets, $10 parking, and the ship is a giant gift shop (not all of it, but goddamn). And they just sold it to themselves for $10 to avoid $700,000 in taxes that pale in comparison to the tens of millions in taxes/incentives they received for building their dumb gift shop in Jeezus land. The entire local government has been bankrupted.

This has been poasted a billion times but i don't care.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

JosefStalinator posted:

its so he cant overrule the impeachment authority of the senate

the senate was envisioned as the big boy serious business part of govt

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

BrownieMinusEye posted:

I'm waiting for the world to end....

I'm not really sure what to do if it does I don't loving exercise or know poo poo about survival sorry

just chang ur name to morty already

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

JosefStalinator posted:

members of congress aren't impeached, they're expelled

it's saying that he can't pardon himself (or the vp) to get out of an impeachment conviction brought by the senate

also covers federal judges, who can be impeached

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

euphronius posted:

I liked lurdhuzz rip ape

If he were alive you know he'd have a funny play on words or joke for this

• Locked thread