Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Your Taint posted:

Probably because even the prestige of defending the President and the infinity dollars aren't enough for any person to put up with the constant shitstorm that is the Trump White House.

Especially when it's loving TRUMP and so the infinity dollars are hardly a guarantee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

glowing-fish posted:

Are there any other confirmations for this?

If Kasowitz and Corallo are out, there is a good chance that parts of Trump's legal team told him not to do something, and that if he did do it, they would quit.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/20/politics/trump-corallo-resigns/index.html

Going by this article Kasowitz was only there to assemble the rest of the team and his role receding/ending was meant to be.

Randbrick
Sep 28, 2002
Yeah assuming the president of the United States makes bail, being prosecuted and being investigated are pretty similar until you know trial dates. Not being facetious.

Also, this is all moving a lot quicker to an indictment stage than I would have predicted. Kudos to Mueller. I really worried he'd fold. He isn't. Mueller is calling. Rats are jumping ship, and the wind smells like reckoning.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

I think it's time Trump gets Crabs

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Gonna need more polls telling me that People don't think Trump colluded after he confesses on live TV that he colluded and is to be, I dunno, exiled or something

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

It's extraordinarily difficult to defend a client that will not follow advice or the protocols required to provide even a reasonable defense.

Eventually, one crosses the line from loyalty to absurdity.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

gently caress I didn't know one of Trump's lawyers was a Dowd. He's practically unbeatable.

"My client is a man of special conscience. We are not qualified to be his judges. We have no law to fit his crime."

sitchensis
Mar 4, 2009

The Democrats need to have a slogan that is straight up the opposite of how everyone is feeling right now:

The Democratic Party 2018: Strong. Stable. Secure.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Hollismason posted:

Why are all these lawyers resigning?

If you tell your client to stop touching the hot stove, and they go and lay their hand on it while looking you in the eye, it's probably time to move on.

There've been stories for a while now about Trump's lawyers and staff repeatedly telling him to shut the gently caress up about Russia, lay off the tweets, and generally to please stop stepping on the rakes. Trump has refused and now they've got Junior and the rest of the family tossing rakes in Trump's path. After the latest New York Times impromptu interview, going off on Sessions with no understanding of the implications, and asking them about who he can and can't pardon, it's probably a real good time to go find a new client.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
Apparently Trump is trying to see if his buddy Ted Nugent's tactic of literally making GBS threads himself to dodge the draft also works on impeachment.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
Democratic Party 2020: We're not very good at being bad, and that's good enough for you.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
A dude got elected in Brazil with the slogan "It can't possibly get any worse"

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

poo poo winds are comin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4iDurCE3Yk

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

AbsolutelySane posted:

To be fair, it's probably a step up from DOE being run by a guy who got a D in Meats.

James Cameron is running the DOE?

(Yes, I'm re-using my old material. I don't care, it's good enough to warrant it.)

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
To lighten things up for a moment, Mad magazine's August issue is going to feature a Trump-themed art exhibition.

I don't know much about art, but I know what I like.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
You know how as a teenager a Sears catalogue would be enough to send you into paroxysms of jackin it but as an adult you need some really weird depraved intense poo poo to even feel it stirring
I feel like the latter part right now with any news articles that come out

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Gyges posted:

If you tell your client to stop touching the hot stove, and they go and lay their hand on it while looking you in the eye, it's probably time to move on.

There've been stories for a while now about Trump's lawyers and staff repeatedly telling him to shut the gently caress up about Russia, lay off the tweets, and generally to please stop stepping on the rakes. Trump has refused and now they've got Junior and the rest of the family tossing rakes in Trump's path. After the latest New York Times impromptu interview, going off on Sessions with no understanding of the implications, and asking them about who he can and can't pardon, it's probably a real good time to go find a new client.

Yeah this is why he got turned down when he initially approached a bunch of prestigious firms to represent him.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

AsInHowe posted:

Someone put that into the White House Official Statement generator, please and thank you

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

nerdz posted:

The only problem is that if you used this slogan in the US, everyone would know you were wrong.

Robot Hobo posted:

To lighten things up for a moment, Mad magazine's August issue is going to feature a Trump-themed art exhibition.

gently caress, I'd pay a lot of money to hang that in my home.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

nerdz posted:

Trump took that as a challenge

now who's worse: Trump or Temer?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/AdityaRajKaul/status/888059675597561857

Ah hah hah. Hah.

Holy hell, people.

EnergizerFellow
Oct 11, 2005

More drunk than a barrel of monkeys

sitchensis posted:

The Democrats need to have a slogan that is straight up the opposite of how everyone is feeling right now:

Between that bumper sticker slogan on every official DNC ad buy and running on "Medicare For All", there's your entire 2018/2020 campaign.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

mynnna posted:

Especially when it's loving TRUMP and so the infinity dollars are hardly a guarantee.

Lol if they didn't demand at least a million each up front for this.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Ten bucks that Trump's sudden panic and rage over Mueller seeing his taxes isn't about culpability at all but rather the world discovering he's not as rich as he likes people to think he is.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Holy Hell, what a pack of cowards. Give your loving names.

Good on Collins for speaking on the record.
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/07/20/politics/gop-senators-donald-trump-doj/index.html

quote:

Washington (CNN)A group of Republican senators criticized President Donald Trump on Thursday, a day after the President rebuked top law enforcement officials in an interview with The New York Times.

"The attorney general is America's top law enforcement official," one GOP senator said. "It's unclear if he understands that, and that's pretty disturbing."

The senator was referring to Trump's comment in the Times' interview that he would not have hired Attorney General Jeff Sessions had he known Sessions would go on to recuse himself from investigations related to the 2016 campaign. The senator said Trump seemed to be thinking of the law enforcement heads as his personal employees.

"One gets the impression that the President doesn't understand or he willfully disregards the fact that the attorney general and law enforcement in general -- they are not his personal lawyers to defend and protect him," one GOP senator told CNN. "He has (his) own personal lawyers, and of course, the White House has the White House counsel's office."
Trump's blast of Sessions has 'chilling' effect inside West Wing

That Republican senator and two others spoke on background with CNN to avoid prompting a fight with the President. Maine GOP Sen. Susan Collins was the only one of the four to speak on the record in response to Trump's comments about Sessions, acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe and former FBI Director James Comey as well as his venting about the special counsel investigation into Russian attempts to influence the 2016 election.

A second senator vouched for Sessions' integrity and backed Sessions' recusal decision, and a third senator said, "If you're Jeff Sessions, it's gotta be tough to come to work the next day."

Sessions said Thursday that he would stay on the job despite the President's public criticism.

Trump's anger with Sessions in the Times' interview appeared to stem in part from his belief that Sessions' recusal had led to Sessions' deputy, Rod Rosenstein, appointing former FBI Director Robert Mueller to lead a special counsel investigation into any alleged collusion between Trump campaign associates and Russia. In the interview, Trump claimed it would be a "violation" for Mueller to look into his family's finances as part of the investigation into his associates' potential contacts with Russians and left open the possibility of trying to fire Mueller.

The third Republican said he was stunned by Trump's remark on Mueller, although he said "at this point" perhaps it shouldn't surprise him.

"This one seemed to go a little further," the senator said. "Any thought of firing the special counsel is chilling. It's chilling. That's all you can say."

The senator said Trump removing Mueller would cause Congress to put in place its own special investigation "somehow."
Collins said the ramifications for Trump firing Mueller would be huge.

"It would be catastrophic if the President were to fire the special counsel," Collins said.

The first two Republican senators said that, like Trump, they were concerned about the special counsel, but still criticized Trump's comments about potentially drawing a line for Mueller's investigation.

"That's just making the bad situation he's in worse," the first senator said.

The second said, "You've got a special counsel. Let the individual do his work. Don't comment. Don't interfere."

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

sitchensis posted:

The Democratic Party: Remember When We Didn't Have to Ask Questions Like "Can The President Legally Pardon Himself"? Wasn't That Nice?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

haveblue posted:

Ten bucks that Trump's sudden panic and rage over Mueller seeing his taxes isn't about culpability at all but rather the world discovering he's not as rich as he likes people to think he is.

It's almost certainly what it's about.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Lol if you don't think Trump is more frightened of having his self-image further wounded than actually being found guilty of a crime.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Charlz Guybon posted:

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/07/20/politics/gop-senators-donald-trump-doj/index.html

When Trump does eventually fall it's going to get real loving old listening to the people who brought about this political climate foist all the blame on him. You all did this you Republican fuckos, when you decided that your sole purpose was to dig your heels in and stick it to the black guy.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

haveblue posted:

The real reason that Trump has been sucking Putin's dick is because he been getting almost all his financing from Russia for years. Putin knows exactly how hollow Trump's facade of wealth is.

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013

DaveWoo posted:

The Democratic Party: Remember When We Didn't Have to Ask Questions Like "Can The President Legally Pardon Himself"? Wasn't That Nice?

This is the new normal. So I dont care. DNC, deliver me the ancient, shambling bones of bernie sanders or dont even bother showing up! (no zucks!)

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Charlz Guybon posted:

I am seriously concerned about how chilly that thought is. I may need a long sleeve shirt, or perhaps, a technical.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

What kind of retard would be "stunned" that someone didn't immediately resign after some lovely burns from Trump?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Robot Hobo posted:

I'm honestly most surprised that Mad Magazine is still around

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Did they decide to help restart conflict between India and Pakistan for no loving reason?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Buca di Bepis posted:

What kind of retard would be "stunned" that someone didn't immediately resign after some lovely burns from Trump?

I'm just waiting for Trump to retweet a gif where someone pasted Session's face over the CNN logo.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

The Glumslinger posted:

Did they decide to help restart conflict between India and Pakistan for no loving reason?

incompetence very much often precedes malice or negligence

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

The Glumslinger posted:

Can't be blamed for the first exchange of nuclear ballistic missiles if two other countries start it first!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Trump is trying to start a war between India and Pakistan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

DaveWoo posted:

Make America Normal Again, or Make America America Again.

• Locked thread