Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Seriously ugh I love the shape, the headstock is awesome. They should make these again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

darkwasthenight posted:

Oh to be a fly on the wall when he pitched that one to the signature guys at Fender.

:911: "West... Ham?"
:britain: "Oh yeah mate, they're a football team. No, not that kind. Want a big badge on the bass. Bigger than that. Lovely!"
:911: "Will this sell more basses over in England then?"
:britain: "Oh no, less if anything! If they're Irons fans then obviously, but everyone else will hate it."
:911: "So they're a big team?"
:britain: "No mate, haven't won anything since 1980."
:911: "Well it ain't titties, flames, or titties with flames so that's an improvement."

Dirt
May 26, 2003

So I've decided I want a Jaguar...But with 3 P90's for pickups. I like my current Jaguar a lot. But I feel like every guitar would be better with 3 P90's in it.

How do I go about getting this stupid thing? Seems like all Jaguar bodies are routed S-S. No swimming pool routes for some reason. Warmoth doesn't give the option for a swimming pool route either. What's up with that?

How difficult is it to route it into a swimming pool route from the standard S-S route? I could buy a Squier body painted the right color for cheap(Surf Green, duh).

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I would spend some time asking techs in your area about routing it and search for swimming pool bodies in the meantime. I think a custom job is going to be the best bet though. Jags aren't all that common and to my knowledge rarely had pickup variation like that.

I wouldn't diy it personally unless you've got the right tools and a little experience.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Kilometers Davis posted:

I would spend some time asking techs in your area about routing it and search for swimming pool bodies in the meantime. I think a custom job is going to be the best bet though. Jags aren't all that common and to my knowledge rarely had pickup variation like that.

I wouldn't diy it personally unless you've got the right tools and a little experience.

Or you could be like me with my 80's strat and get in there with a hammer and chisel and hack away until it fits. Then go back to the original pickups anyway.... but I like the bathtub, gives it a nice open feeling of something or other.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

Seafoam anything, apart from the sea, ironically
Are you... quite sure?

Just kidding around, I just finished my play-test of my new 2017 Fender Elite Stratocaster and I'm about to put my strings on it and set it up because it's loving awesome. Then I can play it maybe ten minutes and go to bed because I have work today and Saturday god dammit.

Seriously the setup on this Fender is fantastic, the pickups aren't very vintage but they're fun; and the neck...

Well let's see how it likes light-top/heavy bottoms.

I finally own a real Fender Strat, and it only cost twice what it should have. :v:

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Dirt posted:

How difficult is it to route it into a swimming pool route from the standard S-S route?

if you got a plunge router it'll take about a minute

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

500 pages of stupid. Good job, goons.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
and IIIIIIIIIIIII helped!

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

yeah same

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Dr. Faustus posted:

and IIIIIIIIIIIII helped!

We did it man! We really did it!

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

We did it man! We really did it!

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Show less.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Sometimes I like Mike judge, sometimes I don't.

In this case: don't.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Do youse reckon £350 quid is too much to ask for an ESP KH-202 in good condition with all the original bits and bobs and the case?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Coohoolin posted:

Do youse reckon £350 quid is too much to ask for an ESP KH-202 in good condition with all the original bits and bobs and the case?

Seems a bit high going from Reverbs guide, although I am not personally sure

https://reverb.com/uk/price-guide/guide/3926

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Meth, not even once.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
aaahahahahahaha

edit: hahahahaha

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jul 21, 2017

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
That fuckin fret :stare:

Dirt
May 26, 2003

This thread is the best thread.

I'm not even sure what I'm looking at with that guitar

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
I'm the bridge.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
that guitar rules

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

The Muppets On PCP posted:

that guitar rules

There is a super serious folk acoustic night near me and I'd loving love to turn up with that to it
And a Peavey Bandit :getin:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

That's the guitar equivalent of a ten-year nyc hobo

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
I keep picturing somebody playing a lone solo on that thing at some open mic night, and ending it with a sick rear end whammy divebomb that violently shatters the whole top and makes the guitar collapse in on itself.

I'm dying

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jul 22, 2017

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
What the poo poo.

That looks like it sounds like

gently caress. i can't even come up with something funny. i was gonna say "like bouzouki strings on a ukelele" but even that would sound better than that does.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Did you win the thread?

Hey fellas, I think this guy one the thread!

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Well, after that high point let me take us low again:

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
It's called the string "butler" because it's completely unnecessary and if you have one I hate you.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Trig Discipline posted:

It's called the string "butler" because it's completely unnecessary and if you have one I hate you.

Plus, I love that the guitar they are using looks like a Chibson. That ain't no open-book/mustache headstock I've ever seen, Gibson logo or not.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

fuuuuuuuuuuuck

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

Dirt posted:

So I've decided I want a Jaguar...But with 3 P90's for pickups. I like my current Jaguar a lot. But I feel like every guitar would be better with 3 P90's in it.

How do I go about getting this stupid thing? Seems like all Jaguar bodies are routed S-S. No swimming pool routes for some reason. Warmoth doesn't give the option for a swimming pool route either. What's up with that?

How difficult is it to route it into a swimming pool route from the standard S-S route? I could buy a Squier body painted the right color for cheap(Surf Green, duh).

A swimming pool rout would be easy enough do yourself if you've got any experience with a router, although you'd also have to make a new pickguard and re-do the electronics.

Don't forget that you'd need to scour the paint with a sharp knife to avoid chipping when you rout it!

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

This is such a silly bit of poo poo.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
The thing is Gibson themseleves did that years ago and decided it was a loving stupid idea

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
I don't know how I feel about this. I quite like them as design objects but as guitars ... very no

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.

Concatenation posted:

I don't know how I feel about this.
They look like poo poo hth

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Anime Reference posted:

They look like poo poo hth

^^^^^

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

Concatenation posted:

I don't know how I feel about this. I quite like them as design objects but as guitars ... very no

I quite like them, I think the colours are a poor choice though and some fret markers would be nice.

the one of the right vaugely reminds me of a Burns Bandit...

• Locked thread