Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
So they didn't fully do away with cross classing in crafting like they did in combat, that's too bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

SonicRulez posted:

I want a Kugane Castle (Hard) for no other reason than I feel Yojimbo deserves a second shot. He's a really cool boss, but he's completely ineffectual as long as you try.

I feel like we'll see both Yojimbo and Fist lady again in dungeon storylines.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Eopia posted:

Now I'm curious as to who this person is and what they did to get this reaction.

A guy who groomed an Icelandic teen through eve online, later played archeage in a goon guild. The guild leadership tried to keep him in with a defense line "you can bang teens in Iceland" or something after he was exposed and the guild imploded. It was hilarious to read about.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I was able to learn O2S's mechanics in about 2 hours but wasn't able to get a good clear group before maintenance. Will definitely get it tomorrow.

Looking forward to trying to pug O3S while the gravy train is running, and hitting a brick wall over and over

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

SonicRulez posted:

I want a Kugane Castle (Hard) for no other reason than I feel Yojimbo deserves a second shot. He's a really cool boss, but he's completely ineffectual as long as you try.

I'd say put Yojimbo into the Manderville quest lines somehow, but I suspect they aren't going to do anymore trials related to Hildy.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
Greg and Yoshi's Excellence Adventure would be the best Hildy story/trial

yoship plz :pray:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Fortuitous Bumble posted:

There's some options under character configuration to hide specific hotbars when your weapon is sheathed.

That sounds like potentially just the kinda thing I'm looking for :aaa: Gonna have to check that out after the maintenance is over. Thanks!

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

Dear SE, we arent all no life neckbeard basement dwellers

So stop with the forced multiplayer dungeons already!
Make them solo for MSQ and then have them be raid-hard for repeating. In queue for over 20 minutes now. Not every one has time to waste like this.
Dont say play a tank or healer either. That is not a solution and beyond stupid to say because then we'd all be tanks and healers and no other jobs. And you dont always have 8 people in an fc willing to run dungeons. This is an unacceptable design idea from SE.

EDIT: Apparently I was beaten on this one. I'm honestly a little bit proud of you people.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I'd say put Yojimbo into the Manderville quest lines somehow, but I suspect they aren't going to do anymore trials related to Hildy.

Are you kidding more Hildy stuff is practically perfect for the odd numbered extra content.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

SonicRulez posted:

I hope so, I've only gotten Kugane Castle once or twice on the roulette. Everyone keeps running Ala Mhigo for that mount. I want to see Yojimbo more. :(

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

So select the dungeon instead of roulette? It rewards plenty of tomes on its own.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Rhonne posted:

I hope so, I've only gotten Kugane Castle once or twice on the roulette. Everyone keeps running Ala Mhigo for that mount. I want to see Yojimbo more. :(

On the other hand I want that drat mount but I haven't gotten AM for like a week in expert :mad:

I should probably just spam Ala Mhigo specifically instead of sitting around AFK and grumbling :v:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Shy posted:

So select the dungeon instead of roulette? It rewards plenty of tomes on its own.

I will when I get that mount dammit! I'm part of the problem!

Ciaphas posted:

On the other hand I want that drat mount but I haven't gotten AM for like a week in expert :mad:

I should probably just spam Ala Mhigo specifically instead of sitting around AFK and grumbling :v:

That's what I've been doing and I've only seen it drop once. I rolled a 13. :(

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

EponymousMrYar posted:

Are you kidding more Hildy stuff is practically perfect for the odd numbered extra content.

I wouldn't mind some more light-hearted trials to pop up in roulette, and yojimbo seems like a Greg-caliber bro, I hope this happens

I'm sure we'll see him again, he's way too interesting to appear once as a dungeon boss and then never ever again.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Ainsley McTree posted:

I wouldn't mind some more light-hearted trials to pop up in roulette, and yojimbo seems like a Greg-caliber bro, I hope this happens

I'm sure we'll see him again, he's way too interesting to appear once as a dungeon boss and then never ever again.

Maybe he will be super savage :unsmigghh:

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Pikavangelist posted:

Dear SE, we arent all no life neckbeard basement dwellers

So stop with the forced multiplayer dungeons already!
Make them solo for MSQ and then have them be raid-hard for repeating. In queue for over 20 minutes now. Not every one has time to waste like this.
Dont say play a tank or healer either. That is not a solution and beyond stupid to say because then we'd all be tanks and healers and no other jobs. And you dont always have 8 people in an fc willing to run dungeons. This is an unacceptable design idea from SE.

EDIT: Apparently I was beaten on this one. I'm honestly a little bit proud of you people.

I swear this OF post may be a goon because we've had a couple of these I DUN WANNA MULTIPLAYER IN MULTIPLAYER GAME idiots show up in the discord lately

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ilifinicus posted:

I swear this OF post may be a goon because we've had a couple of these I DUN WANNA MULTIPLAYER IN MULTIPLAYER GAME idiots show up in the discord lately

What I don't get is why people get so mad at this. People like different things, how horrible? :confused:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Preferring single player games to MMOs isn't some horrible sin but it's a little bit weird to play ffxiv if you're allergic to the idea of grouping up to do content

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I just play for the Triple Triad, sue me

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

cheetah7071 posted:

Preferring single player games to MMOs isn't some horrible sin but it's a little bit weird to play ffxiv if you're allergic to the idea of grouping up to do content

Oh for sure, and I'm not trying to defend the ridiculous post either :v: I just think it's weird how incredibly hostile people get when someone wishes an MMO was more solo friendly. Just because it's A MULTIPLAYER GAME ARGH doesn't mean it can't be fun to play solo, so why treat it as such an alien idea? It's not like the game would be ruined for everyone else if weirdos could play it alone.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm still dreaming of a day when I can drag my gc idiot squad into dungeons with me.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Xarbala posted:

I'm still dreaming of a day when I can drag my gc idiot squad into dungeons with me.

And wipe all of the time because my squadron is loving USELESS. Why can't you do this level 40 progress mission at level 50 you little shits?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I've done duties with AI companions. They can't dodge poo poo

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Your Computer posted:

Oh for sure, and I'm not trying to defend the ridiculous post either :v: I just think it's weird how incredibly hostile people get when someone wishes an MMO was more solo friendly. Just because it's A MULTIPLAYER GAME ARGH doesn't mean it can't be fun to play solo, so why treat it as such an alien idea? It's not like the game would be ruined for everyone else if weirdos could play it alone.
Guy has leveled only PLD and still complains about queues. He is probably more concerned about trolling the forums than playing the game he apparently hates. I would include more MSQ dungeons and trials for people like him.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Oh look the game's working.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Samael posted:

And wipe all of the time because my squadron is loving USELESS. Why can't you do this level 40 progress mission at level 50 you little shits?

Just in case you didn't know, progress missions always require all three skill requirements to be fulfilled. If even one skill check is lacking your squadbuds will fail 100% of the time.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Fortuitous Bumble posted:

There's some options under character configuration to hide specific hotbars when your weapon is sheathed. You can also use the hotkeys assigned to hotbars even if they're hidden, but that's only really useful for skills without cooldowns

Update: Turns out the sheathing feature is only for the ~*~Cross Bar~*~.

The code's there! Why on earth would you limit it to controllers only :negative:

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Your Computer posted:

The code's there! Why on earth would you limit it to controllers only :negative:

Why are you playing with the grandpa control system of mouse and keyboard? Controllers are the one true way to play. :getin:

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Your Computer posted:

you're looking for something like this?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Shy posted:

you're looking for something like this?
:aaa: That's literally exactly what I'm looking for.

Well, appearance-wise anyway. Is it actually automatic or is that just using a macro to toggle sheathe + hide/show hotbars? Because if I have to press a button every time I enter/exit combat I just know I'm gonna screw it up.

I'm considering making a crazy Red Mage-specific UI around the job gauge but that'll obviously screw it up for every other job... what's the easiest way to backup/restore hotbars and keybindings?

I am hella PEEVED posted:

Why are you playing with the grandpa control system of mouse and keyboard? Controllers are the one true way to play. :getin:
people who play MMOs with a controller scare me

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Actually I guess it's a simple macro, i'm not sure.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

You could do something like:

Make a macro with

/battlemode
/hotbar display X
/hotbar display X
/hotbar display X

and then put it on a hotbar and bind that key to whatever you want, default is Z I think

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

:patriot:

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

His skin isn't orange enough.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
Trump would be dunesfolk potato for obvious reasons.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I was going crazy trying to make a better Red Mage UI so I decided to take a break and pick up the Samurai job. God drat this class is incredibly awesome too :aaa: Now I'm really torn...

strong bird posted:

You could do something like:

Make a macro with

/battlemode
/hotbar display X
/hotbar display X
/hotbar display X

and then put it on a hotbar and bind that key to whatever you want, default is Z I think

I know I can do this, but then I'd have to remember to press Z every time I enter and exit a fight and... I'd rather not :v: Might have to do it if I just can't find a good way to make my UI though, so thanks for the commands.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Shy posted:

A guy who groomed an Icelandic teen through eve online, later played archeage in a goon guild. The guild leadership tried to keep him in with a defense line "you can bang teens in Iceland" or something after he was exposed and the guild imploded. It was hilarious to read about.

I think part of the reason for keeping him around was also that he was like the sole supplier of wool for the guild or something.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Eopia posted:

Now I'm curious as to who this person is and what they did to get this reaction.

BFM is a 30 something goon mall cop who internet seduced a 15 year old icelandic girl and spread around her naked pictures/videos to a lot of goons all while saying "She's totally of age guys". Yes the rabbithole goes deeper. No I'm not interested in stating how deep. He's permabanned here.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Your Computer posted:

I think FFXIV does a pretty good job of making grouping as painless as possible for people who generally don't group. I have a friend who started a couple weeks back and she's really enjoyed herself despite being a very, very solo player in any MMO she's played before now. I think the fact that she can just queue and go to sidequests, then run a dungeon where it's generally easy enough that she doesn't have to talk too much, helps a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
I cant even imagine trying to replicate many of the games boss mechanics with one person.