Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
You ever hosed an orc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

a bone to pick posted:

Uhh the movie looks bad, guys.

Are the people getting hyped for the orc movie the same people who were hyped for valerian?

I look forward to watching it on Netflix when it comes out, since it will cost me nothing.

I'm honestly a little worried how many movies Netflix had to promise to give Jaden in exchange for Will Smith saying fairy lives don't matter on camera though.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
500 pages of gently caress MOVIES

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Hemingway To Go! posted:

500 pages of gently caress MOVIES

ENDLESS TRASH!!!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Did we ever figure out if anyone ever heard of the Red Letter Medium chaps?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

super sweet best pal posted:

Some things are best left as mysteries.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
That movie reminds me of something I read before that I think Woody Allen said. Basically audiences are willing to suspend disbelief for 1 fantastic element in your movie. Like Jurassic Park: we can bring back dinosaurs. Ghostbusters: we can capture ghosts. King Kong: there's an island with gigantic animals. With that movie, they have orcs living amongst us and also a magic wand that grants you special powers and lets you control the world and poo poo. The premise is way too convoluted. It's like they mashed two scripts together, which they probably did.

(I posted this before but it's not appearing, if it appears twice blame radium)

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
the premise is that it's modern fantasy earth, with all that entails. did Lord of the Rings fail because there was orcs but also magic macguffins?

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Well if it's a fantasy movie then it's different but it seems more like a buddy cop movie with fantasy elements then an all out fantasy movie. But LOTR does suck.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

super sweet best pal posted:

their friend mikey did a stranger things review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3BsgQISFIE

but idk who red lenner media is

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

bring back old gbs posted:

I just watched this and was coming to link it, :hfive:

Mikey is the antidote to our cynical world.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Schweinhund posted:

Well if it's a fantasy movie then it's different but it seems more like a buddy cop movie with fantasy elements then an all out fantasy movie. But LOTR does suck.

LOTR is really good, the gently caress wrong with you?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
They should do another dredd movie with just the rookie in it.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Yolomon Wayne posted:

They should do another dredd movie with just the rookie in it.

No way, Karl Urban's lower half of his face was the best part of the movie of a movie that had a lot of good parts

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Zzulu posted:

You ever hosed an orc?

500 times.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Zzulu posted:

You ever hosed an orc?

This dialogue is recited as the first line of the opening monologue by an ancillary character in Tarantino's upcoming fantasy epic.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Aw, man. Now I'm pumped for Season 2, but it isn't until October.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

priznat posted:

No way, Karl Urban's lower half of his face was the best part of the movie of a movie that had a lot of good parts

Yes, but *growling chin that shoots stuff* is a concept thats only interesting for so long.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Good thing that Dredd was more then that

Rotacixe
Oct 21, 2008

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Yes, but *growling chin that shoots stuff* is a concept thats only interesting for so long.

That's why Stallone's more satirical Dredd was better. Though a big chunk of the fun in the movie comes from the accidental goofiness of him in the role.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Rotacixe posted:

That's why Stallone's more satirical Dredd was better. Though a big chunk of the fun in the movie comes from the accidental goofiness of him in the role.

Hence why im all for a Rookie standalone movie.
Psychic powers + shooty is better than just shooty, and shes mindblowingly hot in that armor.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I will watch Orc Cop. I am ready to learn an important lesson about treating people who are different with respect.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I'd legit love a stand-alone series where Mike and Rich predict upcoming movies.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Same, except with nude Jay also

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Hence why im all for a Rookie standalone movie.
Psychic powers + shooty is better than just shooty, and shes mindblowingly hot in that armor.

There is a Judge Dredd TV series in the works now set to start in about 2 years, so there might just be some Anderson: PSI Division stuff.

Also wtf a growling chin that shoots stuff is fantastic to watch, especially when you start to realize that lol Dredd's world is an optimistic version of our future.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
Valerian loving sucked. There were a lot of scenes that simply didn't need to exist to pad the runtime, and none of the characters were any good. I really don't get the appeal of the dude who played the Green Goblin in Amazing Spiderman 2.

Visuals were neat and I liked the opening scene where they showed how Alpha eventually grew into the mega city, but that was about it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vaguido posted:

Valerian loving sucked.

Not a surprise

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Vaguido posted:

There were a lot of scenes that simply didn't need to exist to pad the runtime

The weirdest of these is the massive plot cul de sac that is rescuing Lorelei from the dipshit aliens.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
HEY IT'S A BIG BUDGET NEW IP SCI-FI FANTASY WITH NO SOLID DEMOGRAPHIC APPEAL WITH POSTERS THAT MAKE IT LOOK LIKE ALL THE OTHER NEW IP SCI-FI FANTASY FILMS WITH NO SOLID DEMOGRAPHIC APPEAL THAT ALL FLOPPED! Let's sit back and see what happens. :allears:

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Orcs look objectively better with long hair. This is fashion science, you can't refute it.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

counterfeitsaint posted:

I look forward to watching it on Netflix when it comes out, since it will cost me nothing.

I'm honestly a little worried how many movies Netflix had to promise to give Jaden in exchange for Will Smith saying fairy lives don't matter on camera though.

Maybe the flop of After Earth and getting shot down when he tried to ask for money for ID4 2 made him realize he ain't the hot poo poo he used to be

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

The weirdest of these is the massive plot cul de sac that is rescuing Lorelei from the dipshit aliens.

That was the one that stuck out to me the most. They really just wanted Rhianna to do a pointless totally not strip tease in a movie that, when you ignore that scene, looked like it was supposed to appeal to younger audiences???

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

New video you FUCKS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C47zRs6SPZM

Content Warning: Josh

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

WampaLord posted:

New video you FUCKS!

looks like a sex pervert movie

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I just really wanted to cut to a slow shot of an eye being slowly impaled.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Welcome to my thread. By the way you are a vampire and eventually I will destroy you

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

VERY cool

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

WampaLord posted:

New video you FUCKS!

A re:View on a classic horror movie serving as backup to Jay is basically the best possible Josh you can get in an RLM video.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

LanceHunter posted:

the best possible Josh

That's like saying "the best possible cancer."

I'm just kidding. I meant AIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

WampaLord posted:

That's like saying "the best possible cancer."

I'm just kidding. I meant AIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDS!

I've heard that's testicular cancer cause it's easy to beat. I have no sources to cite. I am not saying Josh is testicular cancer.

• Locked thread