Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

a little bit of pee just came out.

E: good start to the page imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
So.....

Apocalypse (up there with Thanos/Dormmy/Jean Greezy)
Death: Arch-Angel (with Angel alt)
Famine: Sunfire
Pestilence: Polaris
War: Colossus

Sound good? Also if this isn't Colossus' 6-skill delete the whole game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPLpovcDujw

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I like Risk a lot. It's a lot of fun. It gets crazy at times but it's enjoyable.

I'm still trying to figure out exactly how to play

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

plainswalker75 posted:

As a class 2, should I be saving Alliance tokens? I've just been donating them because I couldn't figure out anyplace else to use them.

Also, for the X-Men tracking missions, is there any advantage to doing the highest level difficulty? The rewards appear to be 1 bio and 1 m'kraan shard for each mission, regardless of level, and I'm wondering if I can use it to grind up lower level characters.

Much to my annoyance, I discovered only recently that doing the 60+ version of the xmen tracking mission adds a decent chance to sometimes find 2 bios per run.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Scoss posted:

Much to my annoyance, I discovered only recently that doing the 60+ version of the xmen tracking mission adds a decent chance to sometimes find 2 bios per run.

The general rule of thumb is do the toughest mission you can clear with relative ease. The exception are the special missions with hidden routes, where you'll want to go with the easy ones because you can clear those faster and (in theory) have a chance to find more hidden routes.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

DEATH: Jubilee regular
FAMINE: Jubilee vampire
PESTILENCE: Jubilee but she has the flu
THE OTHER ONE: Jubilee on a horse?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I wonder if they would do a new word boss with him plus the horsemen. It's too perfect. Keke delivers again.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

The Dave posted:

I wonder if they would do a new word boss with him plus the horsemen. It's too perfect. Keke delivers again.

People were calling that since the X-Men were announced. I could see it something like this:

Day 1-4: Horseman
Day 5-6: 2 Horsemans, like how those world boss rifts work
Day 7: A-Pac Now

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I want the four horsemen to be farmable regular x-people but with horsemen costumes that change them to villains and you need to grind for uniform upgrades or something. I think that's how they should have done Jean + Phoenix too.

I just bought Dethlok's uniform because both Strange and Sharon want it for their own uniform bonuses. This is the first time I have engaged with the uniform system this way. It makes me feel dirty and a little used. :smith:

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

NmareBfly posted:

I just bought Dethlok's uniform because both Strange and Sharon want it for their own uniform bonuses. This is the first time I have engaged with the uniform system this way. It makes me feel dirty and a little used. :smith:

Wait until you realize that upgrading Deathlok's uniform to Mythic is actually kind of a big deal

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

thechalkoutline posted:

Wait until you realize that upgrading Deathlok's uniform to Mythic is actually kind of a big deal

What do you mean?

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

The bonus you get for having another uniform increases if that other uniform is leveled up. My Sharon had all attack +241 with Dethlok's uni at level 1, and it went up to +325 with his at level 2. Uniforms are resource sinks that are fractally deep.

E: Well, I don't think it goes down more than one layer. IE, I don't need the uni for whomever gets Dethlok the extra bonuses to increase Sharon's bonus more. I believe?

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jul 21, 2017

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
The good news is that leveling unis/urus are late game content that's really only necessary to beating the superduper world bosses and any PVP content. Unless you're blowing your whale horn loud and free it's not necessary to enjoy 98% of the game.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

NmareBfly posted:

E: Well, I don't think it goes down more than one layer. IE, I don't need the uni for whomever gets Dethlok the extra bonuses to increase Sharon's bonus more. I believe?

you sweet, sweet summer child

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
I need advices again. Is it better to T2 mustache red hulk or Carlos Santana?

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Red Hulk by a mile

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Mustache Hulk.

Though I admit this is based purely on personal bias and I don't particularly care who knows.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Thanks guys, sorry for asking so many T2 questions :shobon:

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Ask away, it's what the thread's for

I will also take questions for "what iso set does this guy need?" and my personal favorite: "what obo should I use?"

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Just ask away! Some of us have nothing better to do with our time.

Santana is better on WB but Rulk is better on Shadowlands imo. Difference is not huge either way.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This has been pretty helpful.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TyHFgXufF24CB2_jqqkwE3cMYPCRQjiSYu2wKTAgu80/edit#gid=2145420469

Hopefully that link works. Is kinda a dumb thing but it makes it a lot easier.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

apophenium posted:

Hello, I just started playing this and just applied to BOLTAGOONS. My name in game is paymentplan. Seems fun so far!

Okay, I applied to Doctor Goons now. Still paymentplan.

I didn't really read all about what Hero's Journey worked and so my Sharon Rogers is ranking up through that. Rank 6 Squirrel Girl kicks rear end though.

Nails
Oct 29, 2004

MALIGNANTLY USELESS
Any thoughts on the newest Punisher uniform? I haven't tier 2'd him yet, but I've been considering it because he's one of my favorite characters. I have all of his uniforms, but I'm pretty sure the 6* on his new one finally giving him iframes makes it the best. not to mention it's Jon Berenthal Punisher. I'd probably still have it on him even if it was loving garbage.

I also bought the biometrics pack this month, and I've been using it on Agent Venom. Haven't really seen much talk about him either. He's supposed to be up there with Carnage right? I'm assuming Punisher in no competes with him, right? So I should just put tier 2ing Punisher off and use my ticket on Agent Venom?

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Mustache Hulk.

Rulk Rogan

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Nails posted:

I also bought the biometrics pack this month, and I've been using it on Agent Venom. Haven't really seen much talk about him either. He's supposed to be up there with Carnage right? I'm assuming Punisher in no competes with him, right? So I should just put tier 2ing Punisher off and use my ticket on Agent Venom?

Punishers DD uniform is good, it's his best one. Buy it if you love the Punisher.

Agent Venom is, imo in most cases, better than Carnage, but Carnage gets a slight edge because he's a combat villain, not a hero. Keep using the bio pack on Venom, he doesn't need to be T2 to be good (Carnage does), so once you get him to level 17 gears, switch to Carnage.

Then save your ticket for Carnage, you need to T2 him for him to be great. Punisher is not worth a T2 ticket and is better saved for when you have resources stockpiled to spend later on if he's your favorite character. Big Pun still has a good leadership and can be useful though.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Agent Venom is cool. I haven't practiced a lot with him but he solos Shadowland floors for me by just spamming the 5 when I get the cooldown down to do that.

I just grabbed Magneto. Saving is done! Gonna grab that scary good Spider-Man costume now with the diamonds I got back. Maybe another costume. How is the Venom one? Does it make him good? Otherwise I might grab the Lady Sif one since people say that improves her into a usable character.

And I just got the 1000 crystals with Mags' stages opening up so ready to move on in Wolvie's quest. Unfortunately I have to wait for the reset tomorrow to advance but hopefully that's the last big drag stage.

I'm getting a T2 ticket at the end of week with no idea who to use it on. Was thinking a Universal like Black Bolt or Hellstorm since that's my weakest T2 category but I'm working on Proxima and just got Dormammu so the native T2s seem like they'll balance that out in time. Not sure what to do with the ticket but I have a week or so to figure it out. I'll probably post my roster later this week and annoy you guys asking for advice.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

Maybe another costume. How is the Venom one? Does it make him good? Otherwise I might grab the Lady Sif one since people say that improves her into a usable character.

Was thinking a Universal like Black Bolt or Hellstorm

Sif uniform takes her from unusable to good. Venom uniform takes him from dumpster level to excellent. Probably the most high-impact uniform in the game for transforming a character.

Definitely get Black Bolt at T2 over Hellstorm.

Congrats on Magnetman he is a Rob Zombie Superbeast

Finagle
Feb 18, 2007

Looks like we have a neighsayer
Applying to waifu squad as finagle. This game is surprisingly fun, I assumed it would be a dumb marvel cash grab (which it is of course, but also fun)

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
What's everybody's top choices to clear 100k in ABX? So far I've only had luck with Cher OG, Stranger Danger and Robbie Reyes. My Elsa hits about 75k when the clock runs out, but I'm using her Zombies costume. I T2'd Carnage with PoAH and attack obi, but still can't hit the target, so I must be doing something wrong.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm actually more effective with Black Bolt at T1 than Hellstorm. But I'm just really not putting in the work to master these guys. I rely too much on autoplay. I haven't really figured out T2 Carnage, Trenchcoat Ghost Rider, Black Panther/White Tiger, or Moon Knight off the top of my head of people that get hyped up. But that's just me not putting in the time figuring out their skills and patterns or not fully beefing them up with 4/17, 5* 8 Iso Sets, 6 Skills, and a good obselisk. I gotta do that. Now that I'm almost done with Wolvie I'm gonna focus on Proxima and maxxing my Level 60s.

Speaking of obelisks, is there a general idea if what to do with them? For awhile I was just upgrading every 4 and 5 I had but I have a ton of useless Poison Damage or Fire Resistance ones that seem super situational. For awhile I was focusing on ranking up Recovery Rate ones. Now I'm focusing on Critical Damage ones. I throw Fire and Lightning damage ones on the people who can use them but besides that it seems to me like the CD or RR ones might just be the best universal ones. Yes? No?

Oh, I cleared Extreme Alliance Battle for the first time today! My Strange died earlier than usual. Usually he just times out. So I switching to Sharon and she took everyone down. I actually didn't even realize you COULD clear Extreme Alliance. I was assuming it was just a "run out the clock" stage. I may have to try a little harder with that for now on.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

Oh, I cleared Extreme Alliance Battle for the first time today! My Strange died earlier than usual. Usually he just times out. So I switching to Sharon and she took everyone down. I actually didn't even realize you COULD clear Extreme Alliance. I was assuming it was just a "run out the clock" stage. I may have to try a little harder with that for now on.

wait wha? I thought the frost beast just auto-healed and couldn't die?

Nails
Oct 29, 2004

MALIGNANTLY USELESS

Tom Gorman posted:

Punishers DD uniform is good, it's his best one. Buy it if you love the Punisher.

Agent Venom is, imo in most cases, better than Carnage, but Carnage gets a slight edge because he's a combat villain, not a hero. Keep using the bio pack on Venom, he doesn't need to be T2 to be good (Carnage does), so once you get him to level 17 gears, switch to Carnage.

Then save your ticket for Carnage, you need to T2 him for him to be great. Punisher is not worth a T2 ticket and is better saved for when you have resources stockpiled to spend later on if he's your favorite character. Big Pun still has a good leadership and can be useful though.

I snapped up and tier 2'd Carnage as soon as I saw him, and I run Maximum Carnage as a team now because it owns. Mostly I was just curious if Agent Venom was as good as I'd heard. Sounds like he owns, so I'll probably slap that ticket on him. I've been grinding poo poo for so long, I could probably just do Punisher's tier 2 the normal way sometime down the line. I've also got Hyperion at 6/6/17ish. Would he be a better tier 2 than Agent Venom? Just kinda trying to weigh the options I've got for that last tier 2 ticket. I think my only other options would be Ant-Man, Black Widow, Loki, Ultron, or Hela. Everyone else is kinda dragging too far back while I'm trying to grind the insane amount of Norn stones for the epic quests.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

C. Everett Koop posted:

wait wha? I thought the frost beast just auto-healed and couldn't die?

He doesn't die, which is why I thought it was just a "beat the clock." But apparently when you hit 10K you finish. I never did that before today and was surprised.

Nails
Oct 29, 2004

MALIGNANTLY USELESS

STAC Goat posted:

He doesn't die, which is why I thought it was just a "beat the clock." But apparently when you hit 10K you finish. I never did that before today and was surprised.

Do you get more points for killing the adds, or doing damage to the beast? I noticed the beast healing and wasn't sure if the game was glitching out, or if there was some trick I was missing where you have to damage it insanely fast between spawns or something. Makes a lot more sense now.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You collect all the rewards and max out everything. I didn't really pay super attention to the numbers because I was rushed and surprised. Gonna take a more deliberate shot at it tomorrow.

The beast just seems to heal when you get him down to 20K health or so. He might have died at the end but again, it happened fast and I wasn't super paying attention.

I don't really tend to target the beast or the minions. I just try and stay behind the beast to avoid him killing me, keeping moving to avoid the meteors, and do as much damage as possible. Like I said, I might have to focus more on a better strategy now that I know its actually winnable.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

Uuuh? Extreme alliance battle ends after 3 minutes or when your dudes all die. The beast can't die and small dudes keep spawning. To get all the rewards, you need 100k points, but depending on the day, you can get a lot more. Top players with monster cards get up to a million points on no restriction day.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I actually might have just hit 100K at the exact moment my time ran out. It was that close. So yeah, maybe it keeps going and I just had killer timing.

Nails
Oct 29, 2004

MALIGNANTLY USELESS

Vodos posted:

Uuuh? Extreme alliance battle ends after 3 minutes or when your dudes all die. The beast can't die and small dudes keep spawning. To get all the rewards, you need 100k points, but depending on the day, you can get a lot more. Top players with monster cards get up to a million points on no restriction day.

Yeah, that makes sense. I topped out at like 79k today using a tier 2 Sharon and it didn't die no matter what I did during both attempts. Kinda baffled imagining people getting that many points when I can't even hit 100k with a tier 2 Sharon. That poo poo is bananas.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

yeah abx is endgame content and you can keep racking up points if you wanna brag about your high score

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Nails posted:

Yeah, that makes sense. I topped out at like 79k today using a tier 2 Sharon and it didn't die no matter what I did during both attempts. Kinda baffled imagining people getting that many points when I can't even hit 100k with a tier 2 Sharon. That poo poo is bananas.

the idea is to just get your cards, support team (T2 coulson, she-hulk w/uniform) and urus in order and then just hammer your max DPS rotation on the frost beast, not giving a gently caress about meteors or the robots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agWYNDJLW50

but yeah thats just for bragging, if you can get to 100k thats all you need, the biggest things are your support squad and cards