Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I feel like the time it takes for the circle to close is okay, but I wish that the circle accelerated from a slow start instead of going at a consistent rate (so it'd take the same amount of time, you can just do more to avoid early damage). It sucks when you're fighting later on and get a far circle. You have to drop fighting way earlier to run in because if you're outpaced you can't get back in. If there was more leeway in dodging the early circle damage the game would be cooler and better imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Studio posted:

I feel like the time it takes for the circle to close is okay, but I wish that the circle accelerated from a slow start instead of going at a consistent rate (so it'd take the same amount of time, you can just do more to avoid early damage). It sucks when you're fighting later on and get a far circle. You have to drop fighting way earlier to run in because if you're outpaced you can't get back in. If there was more leeway in dodging the early circle damage the game would be cooler and better imo.

Yeah definitely one of the way lamer aspects is having to choose whether to fight and die to the circle or run and die to the guys shooting you in the back.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
pick up smoke grenades. pick up smoke grenades! pick up a lot because smoke is client side and unreliable

at least a third of my wins involved tossing out a wall of smoke at some point to get out of trouble or get in perfect position

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

treiz01 posted:

I was able to use the in game bindings to assign commands to my G502 buttons with no issues.

Weird, I have a 500s and the game doesn't detect the extra buttons on my mouse

One Pigeon
Jun 21, 2013

Being terrible and playing at low MMR is the best.

Me and one other player left, I pull out my nade to flush him out from behind a tree, realise that my nade won't reach so instinctively press 1 to pull out my rifle....promptly putting the nade back in my back with the pin out. I panic and rapidly press the grenade key not realised it was my last one so I can't now get it out. The ensuing explosion knocks me out from behind the tree, takes out all my level three armour and most of my health. The other player gets excited and rushes out with his shotgun blazing, missing every single shot. I whip out my M4 and spray in his general direction. He dies, I get an awful 7 kill dinner.

Love this game.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Hey guys, please post / PM me the jankiest PUBG videoclips you have. Bonus points for shotgun jankiness

tia

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Q8ee posted:

Hey guys, please post / PM me the jankiest PUBG videoclips you have. Bonus points for shotgun jankiness

tia

https://plays.tv/s/LM6TuVMBSvhV

revolther
May 27, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfSR9gYZm5c

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
I'd like to see a (very small) random chance of an animal attack. Seeing a sneaky dude suddenly get eaten by a bear would own.

revolther
May 27, 2008
I'd like to see an endurance mode with a day/night cycle and no circles. Just squads holding up for hours turning into days hunkered up in small sections of towns.

Then if people don't eat enough berries, they get teamkilled by bears.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

revolther posted:

I'd like to see an endurance mode with a day/night cycle and no circles. Just squads holding up for hours turning into days hunkered up in small sections of towns.

any smart squad could easily win the game by hitting the berry farms ASAP and holding a monopoly over berry distribution. enemy squads would have to pay obeisance to receive our nourishing hand and feast on berries. those who tried to oppose us or overthrow us would have the might of the berry vassals fall upon them and they'd die horrible deaths.

we'd even pay off the bears with berries to have them act as our goons

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

revolther posted:

I've been saying that I'd like to see the game without circles, with permanent, rejoinable servers. Keep vehicles in, make them respawn after they explode, make loot respawn over time. Bam, instantly a better version of DayZ.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
just made my 3rd solo dinner, now is time to get mercilessly crushed over and over since my mmr went way up

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I almost had my first chicken dinner last night, wound up in 3rd place because somebody almost killed me, murdered him with a sliver of health left, and then the circle overtook me and finished me off :negative:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

This doesn't surprise me I watched the dude for awhile when I first started playing PUBG and he refuses to believe that anybody can kill him legit. He gets killed and one of two things happens: "that's very suspicious" or he just sits there and is like "what? huh? I mean...guh....how?!". I don't watch him anymore but i hope I hear about the drama implosion that's centered on him when it happens, because it's coming.

If he really is deliberately abusing the report system I hope he gets perma-banned because that's straight up unacceptable.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Also want to point out that chacotaco is chill as gently caress and you should watch him instead. Every time about 30 seconds before he's killed, 'Man I dunno this is risky there's a decent chance I'll get my head blown off if a guy happens to be hiding there' *gets head blown off* 'ah heck. yeah that happens sometimes. dunno how I would have played that one differently- just how she goes I guess'

Qubee
May 31, 2013

The Mash posted:

I've been saying that I'd like to see the game without circles, with permanent, rejoinable servers. Keep vehicles in, make them respawn after they explode, make loot respawn over time. Bam, instantly a better version of DayZ.

this would actually be so fun. if you got killed by a certain dude, it'd feel so great hunting him down and killing him back.

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

Rex-Goliath posted:

Also want to point out that chacotaco* is chill as gently caress and you should watch him instead. Every time about 30 seconds before he's killed, 'Man I dunno this is risky there's a decent chance I'll get my head blown off if a guy happens to be hiding there' *gets head blown off* 'ah heck. yeah that happens sometimes. dunno how I would have played that one differently- just how she goes I guess'

For anyone who wants to learn how to clear a house, this guy insane at it.

*ChocoTaco

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Thanks for the advice to turn some graphics settings up. I turned shadows and texture up to medium and it now runs without much hitching on my low spec machine. Now I have nothing to blame but my poor play.

I somehow missed 5 shots with a shotgun as I got punched to death. Then instead of doing the smart thing I tried to reload.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

odiv posted:

Thanks for the advice to turn some graphics settings up. I turned shadows and texture up to medium and it now runs without much hitching on my low spec machine. Now I have nothing to blame but my poor play.

I somehow missed 5 shots with a shotgun as I got punched to death. Then instead of doing the smart thing I tried to reload.

Seriously, try putting anti-aliasing on ultra. It more than doubled my framerate.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Rex-Goliath posted:

Also want to point out that chacotaco is chill as gently caress and you should watch him instead. Every time about 30 seconds before he's killed, 'Man I dunno this is risky there's a decent chance I'll get my head blown off if a guy happens to be hiding there' *gets head blown off* 'ah heck. yeah that happens sometimes. dunno how I would have played that one differently- just how she goes I guess'

I can third that this guy is chill to watch when I'm at work. He is good and he doesn't get salty when he inevitably gets killed like everyone else does.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

When are the thirst and hunger meters going into the game?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Fried Watermelon posted:

When are the thirst and hunger meters going into the game?

People not wearing shirts or pants should become sunburned when the weather is sunny and have restricted movement.

You're welcome.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Ice Fist posted:

People not wearing shirts or pants should become sunburned when the weather is sunny and have restricted movement.

You're welcome.

Also, their scope sways more because they have to itch where they were laying on the grass.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Also they look better than the pasties but after a few hundred games they develop melanoma and have to rebuy the game.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Hire us Bluehole

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Rex-Goliath posted:

Lladre posted:

I can third that this guy is chill to watch when I'm at work. He is good and he doesn't get salty when he inevitably gets killed like everyone else does.

Every time I've tuned into chocotaco he's been in the top 10 hiding in a building with 4+kills except for one time when he was driving around military island with 3 left and he jumped out of his smoking uaz and shot it a lot to hide behind and accidentally killed himself and got 3rd.

Pretty advanced strats, I like his stream

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Horn DLC that replaces car horn with a missile that shoots out front. Only $5.99 per use.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Every time I've tuned into chocotaco he's been in the top 10 hiding in a building with 4+kills except for one time when he was driving around military island with 3 left and he jumped out of his smoking uaz and shot it a lot to hide behind and accidentally killed himself and got 3rd.

Pretty advanced strats, I like his stream

https://clips.twitch.tv/SlipperyWrongHyenaKevinTurtle

comedy gold

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

DrPlump posted:

Horn DLC that replaces car horn with a missile that shoots out front. Only $5.99 per use.

They'd have to actually had the car horn in first.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Haha! Thats the one! The few minutes leading up to it were pretty intense, it definitely felt like he was rolling to a chicken dinner and then that happened :3

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I don't think it'd be bad. It'd be stronger but obnoxious is a strong word. I think you mainly say this because it's different - if the game had shipped without friendly fire, I doubt you would be begging them to change it.

This way instead of having someone grief me with TKing, I can have them grief me by constantly blocking bullets.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Count Bleck posted:

They'd have to actually had the car horn in first.

You don't know how to honk your car's horn? You're missing out

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

Just Chamber posted:

Call him like Dr Dogrespect or something, and you'll get all the Dr fanboys and girls

Haha, we were joking about how I could be Dr. Dysfunction one day, since I'm dysfunctional. I'm always hesitant to riff on something like that though, I feel like it's in poor form.

Sometimes I get really disappointed in this game. Last night we either had members go down too early over stupid poo poo (not listening at all) or we got bad rolls on the loot when we did all survive. I actually went to bed disappointed... maybe that's a problem.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

No Safe Word posted:

You don't know how to honk your car's horn? You're missing out

Alt + F4 to honk horn.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

mashed_penguin posted:

Alt + F4 to honk horn.

I thought you just had to hit F, but you had to also be going top speed when you did it.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Inspector_666 posted:

I thought you just had to hit F, but you had to also be going top speed when you did it.

Well, not top speed but if you're going over 80 it works. Its pretty easy in most vehicles, harder in buggies

Q8ee posted:

Hey guys, please post / PM me the jankiest PUBG videoclips you have.

tia

this game sure isn't skyrim

https://streamable.com/2yu7a

Harry Potter on Ice fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jul 21, 2017

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
I like shooting the jeep that some guy is hiding behind and blowing it and the guy up.
I don't know why people like to use a giant bomb as cover so much.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.
So over the last few days I have been observing what may be a new cheat for the game. I was playing in squads with my friends and we were getting regular network lag during a match. Now, that by itself isn't suspicious, but during each lag spike one particular player was getting kills. Keep an eye out, goons!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

treiz01 posted:

So over the last few days I have been observing what may be a new cheat for the game. I was playing in squads with my friends and we were getting regular network lag during a match. Now, that by itself isn't suspicious, but during each lag spike one particular player was getting kills. Keep an eye out, goons!

You know I kept getting regular intermittent lag the other night with my buddy, but I didn't take note of the kill logs. I just assumed Dr's army DDoS'd the servers because of his ban.

• Locked thread