Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

Glazier posted:

It should take at least four minutes, not counting flossing. If you're doing less then you might as well not do it.

i'm 99% sure that pretty much everyone in dentistry agrees it's two minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I was taught "as long as it takes to sing the alphabet in your head" so unless you're doing it in Mandarin prob not 5 min.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Jerry Seinfeld posted:

You know what I'll bet you my dentists says four because people are lazy and will do a half-assed job, that devious bastard.

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brU_Pp-20g0

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Jerry Seinfeld posted:

Also literally every electric toothbrush I've ever seen that had a built-in timer had it set to two minutes. Brushing for twice as long seems like a great way to destroy your enamel, especially if you're using hard bristles because it "feels" cleaner even when every dentist ever tells you to use soft bristles.

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

All my dentists have recommended 4 minutes, 2 for the mandible and 2 for the maxilla. And my electric toothbrush is a 4 minute cycle that beeps every minute to tell you to switch from inside/outside, top/bottom. :shrug:

Mind you, my current dentist also said that no one brushes their teeth properly and she's just happy when someone's remembered to brush the inside/back of their teeth at all.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

My toothbrush switches itself off after 2 minutes, so it looks like our toothbrushes are in disagreement!

I hope this doesn't turn ugly. :ohdear:

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Only one way to resolve this: toothbrushes at dawn.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

I think I want to change my name to "Hunter McClintock." Dude sounds like an '80s action movie cop.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Sunswipe posted:

I think I want to change my name to "Hunter McClintock." Dude sounds like an '80s action movie cop.

/puts on grizzled 80s police chief voice
MCCLINTOCK! GET IN HERE!

Yep checks out.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
McClintock, you're a loose koozie, but you get results! I'll have the top brass breathing down my neck after this, but darn it, it'll be worth it.

(One thing I love about The Musketeers was how quickly it degenerated into a cop drama with horses and fancy hats.)

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Werong Bustope posted:

All my dentists have recommended 4 minutes, 2 for the mandible and 2 for the maxilla. And my electric toothbrush is a 4 minute cycle that beeps every minute to tell you to switch from inside/outside, top/bottom. :shrug:

Mind you, my current dentist also said that no one brushes their teeth properly and she's just happy when someone's remembered to brush the inside/back of their teeth at all.

I've never had a cavity on the inside of my teeth. I've seen various cats and dogs have gotten tarter build up on the outside, but never the inside. I bet your tongue worming around in there does a pretty good job on the inside surface.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Prime Day, more like Kickstarter Buyers Remorse Day

Only further reinforcing that Kickstarter is little more than a pre-order market now and there's zero reason to pledge when you can get the same (or better) product at a discount mere months later.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Toys For rear end Bum posted:

I love brushing my teeth because I blew $6 on one of these things

you can legit feel it excavating between your teeth and pummelling your gums.

I bought some disposable electric toothbrushes at Costco and it felt pretty decadent

I bet I could replace the battery if I wanted to

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Buca di Bepis posted:

I bought some disposable electric toothbrushes at Costco and it felt pretty decadent

I bet I could replace the battery if I wanted to

Decadent? You only have ten teeth?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Jedit posted:

Decadent? You only have ten teeth?

Shouldn't that be decimdent or decadont?

Edit:
:goonsay:

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Shouldn't that be decimdent or decadont?

Edit:
:goonsay:

I understood that reference

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

loving FINALLY

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Was "portability" ever a problem with these things?

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

a demon cursed me so i can only keep one thing in my pocket at a time. it's really rough.

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009
Walking around with a stack of money in your hand, spinning to catch the eye. That's bound to end well.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also fun when all your cards go flying from the wallet because YOU'RE SPINNING THEM AROUND AT HIGH SPEEDS.

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Facebook Aunt posted:

I've never had a cavity on the inside of my teeth. I've seen various cats and dogs have gotten tarter build up on the outside, but never the inside. I bet your tongue worming around in there does a pretty good job on the inside surface.

I've had a cavity that started from the back of one molar and you can get pretty bad staining on the inside of your front teeth if you smoke or drink tea and don't brush properly. I think you're right that the tongue will prevent tartar buildup though because you see insane tartar on historical skeletons of paralysed people.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

gschmidl posted:

loving FINALLY

“Say good bye to the days of stuffing your pockets with unnecessary junk.”

So...uh...wouldn’t this be an acknowledgement that spinners are unnecessary junk, or are they implying the wallet is unnecessary?

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I
Hey baby, I got dinner.

*Wips out spinner wallet and gives it a spin, sending everything inside of it flying onto the floor*

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Tired of fidget spinners being giant immobile masses that oral tradition alone records as a store of your wealth?

Wait I was thinking of rai stones.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

here let me put my cards in something less convenient than a regular wallet

simplyhorribul
Jul 30, 2013
That tooth brush Kickstarter reminds me too much of this:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

simplyhorribul posted:

That tooth brush Kickstarter reminds me too much of this:

Not you alone.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Werong Bustope posted:

because you see insane tartar on historical skeletons of paralysed people.

I for one am getting sick of it, It's like you cant look at a historical skeleton anymore without a batch of tartar hogging attention.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Sunswipe posted:

This just makes me feel bad for the guy. :(

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Today in things that surely TOTALLY work:

quote:

The new Smartduvet Breeze is the world's first dual-zone climate controlled self-making bed. The Breeze doesn't replace your existing bed or bedding, it simply makes them better. In addition to making the bed for you, the Breeze allows you to set your preferred temperature individually for each side of the bed.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/smartduvet-breeze-dual-zone-temp-self-making-bed-home-innovation#/

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

Well, if you like THAT, you will love THIS: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/857840278/smartduvet-the-self-making-bed-is-here/description

It's the same thing except from their Kickstarter from last year, which is due to deliver this May.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Self-making bed is like peak "things mom used to do for me when I was a child"-type of kickstarter.

Maybe somebody should kickstart an app that teaches you basic household life skills, it'll make millions. You'd get exp and achievements and whatnot for making your bed and doing the dishes and poo poo.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Veib posted:

Maybe somebody should kickstart an app that teaches you basic household life skills, it'll make millions. You'd get exp and achievements and whatnot for making your bed and doing the dishes and poo poo.

I think the second part of that already exists.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

senrath posted:

I think the second part of that already exists.

Yeah, that's Habitica.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Does it looks like stop motion because the gif is optimized ? Theres a lot going on between frames 27 and 28.

e: It's exactly the same on their actual video

unpacked robinhood has a new favorite as of 13:04 on Jul 21, 2017

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.
This is it, the best Indiegogo campaign.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/encyclopedia-greats-on-top-book-books

Check out that killer merch!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

I like this because it requires you to either push your duvet perfectly downwards every morning, or to go through enough effort to get the thing positioned right that you might as well have made the bed yourself in the first place.

unpacked robinhood posted:

Does it looks like stop motion because the gif is optimized ? Theres a lot going on between frames 27 and 28.

e: It's exactly the same on their actual video

I don't think it's stop motion, either. It looks like it inflates until it's completely unfurled, and then very quickly deflates. It probably technically works under ideal circumstances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

make the bed?

lol if you don't sleep on a stained mattress thrown on the floor and piled in dirty laundry.