Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Haha the Aerospray unlocks at level 7 and there are already Japanese players at level 18

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive

Kirios posted:

My credit card got hit *and* it still thinks I need to purchase it.

I'm going to get double charged for this bullshit. gently caress off with this nonsense Nintendo.

Crap, me too. What am I supposed to do about it?

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
Buy physical.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

GoldfishStew posted:

Buy physical.
I can't wait to spend all these gold MyNintendo coins.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
I had a Nintendo account with my WiiU and my 3DS and I remember getting a bunch of coins or something whenever I'd buy a (physical) game and type in a Nintendo code. I haven't touched a console in a long time and I am about to buy a switch. Are all those coins lost? What can they be used for?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

GoldfishStew posted:

I had a Nintendo account with my WiiU and my 3DS and I remember getting a bunch of coins or something whenever I'd buy a (physical) game and type in a Nintendo code. I haven't touched a console in a long time and I am about to buy a switch. Are all those coins lost? What can they be used for?

That was for Club Nintendo which shut down 2 years ago. Your CN points are lost. There's a new thing now with coins.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

GoldfishStew posted:

Those were for the now defunct Club Nintendo, so those coins are gone, gone, gone.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

The Bloop posted:

The app still feels like extra features when the main thing we're paying for is servers for online gameplay

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

So we're not getting Virtual Console until mid-2018, got it
We have neogeo games! They're even priced the same.

I think there's no way they add virtual console for snes games in 2017 with the snes classic coming out

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
what's the easiest way to play Splatoon? or do I just have to practice the combination motion aim with buttons on the pro controller?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

GoldfishStew posted:

They have a new reward system, how do you feel about wallpapers and discounts on 3DS games?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Wendell posted:

I don't get it. I thought everyone agreed with that guy's sentiment, why was that image even posted?
Because I found "using a phone for voice is cumbersome and unintuitive" to be the most unintentionally hilarious thing a (presumably) young person has ever said.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

bowmore posted:

what's the easiest way to play Splatoon? or do I just have to practice the combination motion aim with buttons on the pro controller?

Play with the dynamo roller.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Why does she even exist? Dixie should have been in DK64 instead of this new Kong with the exact same powers.

Ah, Miyamoto corrects, but Dixie cannot shrink, we had to create a new character.

Miyamoto, with all due respect, this tiny Kong can't shrink either until she learns the move. Anyone could theoretically learn that move from Cranky Kong and don't even try to pretend either. And while I'm at it, me Miyamoto, revered creator of Donkey Kong, why is Chunky Kong not Kiddy Kong? People don't like Kiddy? Well they don't like Tingle either, people are wrong. And finally Mr Miyamoto, why are there beetles crawling out of your skin? That's not your skin? That's a trash bag? You're not Mr Miyamoto, you're a garbage can? This isn't a bullet train to Kyoto, this is my car? I'm going 105 miles per hour? Shut up Mr Miyamoto I'm trying to post

Same

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
dk64 is a bad game, maybe the worst game rare made back then next to dino planet/starfox adventures. Mii-amoto was right in selling them to a trash can company and look at them now, sea of thieves looks like trash and the only reason anyone is excited for it is because of that rare logo but all the people who had the magic left a long time ago...

can't decide if i should buy splatoon 2 now or later since i wont have much time for it for a long while.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
Has there been any more news on a firm release date for the Nyko portable dock? Gamestop shows September 1st, Amazon shows October 3rd.

illBilliam
Jan 8, 2006

So there is this game called Morphite coming out September 7th.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/07/sci-fi_shooter_morphite_touches_down_on_switch_this_september
'Inspired by Ratchet and Clank, Metroid Prime and Turok'

This is pertinent to my interests.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Those are three games that exist and have things in common I guess?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Inspired by Mario Party, Minecraft, and Dark Souls.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Dizz posted:

Inspired by Mario Party, Minecraft, and Dark Souls.

The dark souls of Mario party games with dedicated crafting elements? Please direct me to your kickstarter

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

bowmore posted:

You can switch to regular dual-stick controls in the options menu if you prefer.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Just kidding Mario party one is the dark souls of Mario party games

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

bowmore posted:

The motion control are real good and worth getting used to

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Nintendo Switch: The Dark Souls of Party Chat

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

You guys who manage to get Spla2n, tell me how it is compared to the first one because I'm afraid I'll get it and not love it as much as the original with the difference in form factor, and also when the first splatfest is so I can try to find a Switch before then, and also a Switch because those seem to be hard to find at non-scalper prices.

SeANMcBAY posted:

That was for Club Nintendo which shut down 2 years ago. Your CN points are lost. There's a new thing now with coins.

The new coins expire after 6 months, as well.

raditts fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jul 21, 2017

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

raditts posted:

You guys who manage to get Spla2n, tell me how it is compared to the first one because I'm afraid I'll get it and not love it as much as the original with the difference in form factor, and also when the first splatfest is so I can try to find a Switch before then, and also a Switch because those seem to be hard to find at non-scalper prices.

The new coins expire after 6 months, as well.

Looks like it is first weekend of August. The pro controller feels great on tv, i haven't really tried handheld much.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Improbable Lobster posted:

The motion control are real good and worth getting used to

How do the motion controls work when you presumably either have to move your head along with the screen if you're playing it in handheld mode, and can't move it at all if it's docked?
Did they include an accelerometer in the pro controller this time and/or can you move the joycons around for the same effect?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

raditts posted:

How do the motion controls work when you presumably either have to move your head along with the screen if you're playing it in handheld mode, and can't move it at all if it's docked?
Did they include an accelerometer in the pro controller this time and/or can you move the joycons around for the same effect?

Yes

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

You can move the joy cons around yeah. I believe the motion is tied to the right joy con, but it was surprisingly comfortable during the test fire. However I haven't looked back since I bought a pro controller

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

I had problems with *what felt like* my movements not being registered consistently during the test fire, using joy cons with a docked system.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

raditts posted:

Yeah, the pro controller and joycons have gyroscopes in them. You can use motion controls from your couch like God intended.

I could see it being awkward in handheld mode. You might have to set the sensitivity higher so you don't have to tilt much.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

rip my wallet

also c'mon 5:30pm :f5:

deadly_pudding posted:

Yeah, the pro controller and joycons have gyroscopes in them. You can use motion controls from your couch like God intended.

I could see it being awkward in handheld mode. You might have to set the sensitivity higher so you don't have to tilt much.
Yeah I played one of the Test Fires in handheld mode and it was a bit awkward using motion controls. I just had to get used to centering the view again.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I'm honestly probably better with motion controls than a mouse for this kind of game since all I've done is splat the last 2 years. They are totally worth getting used to. Mainly use the stick at high speeds to turn 90/180 really fast and do most your aiming with the gyro.

Also the actual game has the overall sensitivity down a tiny bit vs the demo last weekend I feel.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer
Switch with neon Joy-Cons now in stock for Prime members.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Zelder posted:

The dark souls of Mario party games with dedicated crafting elements? Please direct me to your kickstarter

*clears throat*

"It's the Dark Souls of roguelikes, with crafing elements"

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Variable 5 posted:

Switch with neon Joy-Cons now in stock for Prime members.

I ordered one, it was too good to pass up.....definitely gonna sell it though.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
Tons of switches (neon and gray) at bird road best buy for any Miami goons who still need to wisely invest a few hundred bucks.

(Also a bunch of the new amiibo should you want to diversify your portfolio)

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Doji Sekushi posted:

Tons of switches (neon and gray) at bird road best buy for any Miami goons who still need to wisely invest a few hundred bucks.

(Also a bunch of the new amiibo should you want to diversify your portfolio)

This is probably the case for a lot of best buys. Their weekly ad was advertising that they would have them available today. The ad mentioned the gray ones, but I think they they got neon ones too. I stopped by my local best buy and the associate said they had at least 12-15 in stock.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Splatoon 2 isn't gonna finish this download before I have to leave for work. Is there a way to pause downloads so I can shut the console down? Will just turning it off corrupt what's already been downloaded?

Shoutouts to Nintendo's servers taking like two hours to download a 3.3 gig file.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Just put it to sleep?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Who shuts down their switch

Power button sleepifies it

• Locked thread