Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
You can't take dez's 2015 stats because Brandon Weeden was his qb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Papes posted:

You can't take dez's 2015 stats because Brandon Weeden was his qb.

:shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

A 3 game sample with 1 game against the legion of boom? I wouldn't feel comfortable drawing too many conclusions from that dataset.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
Romo played like four games that year and suffered broken bones in two of them. 2015 is best forgotten.

My concern with Dez is he plays a butt puckering slate of games to start the season. Giants, Broncos, and Cardinals all have shutdown secondaries; and two games are on the road! I'll have to think hard about taking Dez in the late second over Thomas, Jeffery, or Watkins in the third.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Give 👏 your 👏 second 👏 round 👏 WR 👏 draft 👏 picks 👏 to 👏 Demaryius 👏 Thomas 👏

Also Dez gets the LOB again in the fantasy finals.That is if you get there since he gets the Giants week 14 and the Raiders week 15.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Lol I dont actually think Dez is bad I'm just tilting hard from all this writing.

Though "you can't take Dez's 2016 stats, he was hurt"
And
"You can't take Dez's 2015 stats, he was hurt."

:thunk:

Maybe I'm mixing it up, but wasn't 2015 where Dez went down with a broken foot early, had like a 10-12 week timetable to return when originally reported, came back in like 7-8 weeks, looked visibly uncomfortable at times, and finally was deactivated again? Not saying everything is rosy with him, but that's what I meant about not taking his stats that year at face value.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/887764051488645120

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

What the hell kind of rookie minicamp bullshit leads to a herniated disk?

The Rotoworld blurb on this is talking about epidurals. That doesn't sound good.

Ayudo fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jul 19, 2017

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Spoeankstradamus

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Benne posted:

I thought we learned our lesson about not trusting WRs named "Mike Williams" by now

Sorry you had to learn the hard way, Chargers.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Tampa Mike was good for a couple years. Then he busted. Then he disappeared.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Wasn't he going #2 in a lot of rookie drafts?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Chargers gonna Charger

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Spoeank posted:

Give 👏 your 👏 second 👏 round 👏 WR 👏 draft 👏 picks 👏 to 👏 Demaryius 👏 Thomas 👏

I'll get him in the 3rd :smuggo:

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

89 posted:

I'll get him in the 3rd :smuggo:

and promptly trade him?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Spermy Smurf posted:

Wasn't he going #2 in a lot of rookie drafts?

Definitely not. Fournette, Davis, and McCaffrey pretty universal top three in some order, with Mixon sometimes slipping in somewhere between them. If not, he and Cook as a second tier. Then everyone kinda hates pick 6. Take Mike "Laquon" Williams, when he's going to be like the 5th option on that team, at best? OJ Howard, when TEs take years to develop? Some 3rd or 4th rounder RB (Perine or Hunt probably)? It's a tough spot this year. Then finally sad John Ross gets a look at like pick 9 or 10, hah.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/Ciga_FF/status/887829848051286016

fantasy football

fantasy football never changes

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

VietCampo posted:

and promptly trade him?

I meaaann, what do you want for him

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

You know what no.
gently caress it.
Don't draft Dez.

Exhibit A - He is the most matchup-dependent major WR in the league
https://twitter.com/ScottBarrettDFB/status/880545919241826304

Exhibit B - A list of the top 25 CBs last year, per PFF
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-top-25-nfl-cornerbacks-this-season

Exhibit C, the CBs on Exhibit B that Dez Bryant faces this year
Wk 1 - Janoris Jenkins
Wk 2 - Aqib Talib & Chris Harris
Wk 3 - Patrick Peterson
Wk 4 - Lamarcus Joyner (doesn't count, slot)
Wk 5 - lol
Wk 7 - Tramaine Brock
Wk 8 - Josh Norman
Wk 9 - Marcus Peters
Wk 10 - AYYY
Wk 11 - Nice
Wk 12 - Casey Hayward
Wk 13 - Josh Norman redux
Wk 14 - Janoris Jenkins redux
Wk 15 - Sean Smith & David Amerson
Wk 16 - Dick Sherman and the LOB
Wk 17 - why are you playing week seventeen

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
Posting anti-Dez propaganda should be probatable imo

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES
Just draft Cole Beasley IMHO.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Amergin posted:

Just draft Cole Beasley IMHO.

Beasley is the new Decker.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
What's everyone's opinion on Numberfire? I usually really like their longer, more in-depth articles, but don't often see them brought up in the various fantasy forums I read. Not sure if I'm missing something (like, if they're cribbing from Rotoviz or another pay site, I'd have no idea).

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

RVProfootballer posted:

What's everyone's opinion on Numberfire? I usually really like their longer, more in-depth articles, but don't often see them brought up in the various fantasy forums I read. Not sure if I'm missing something (like, if they're cribbing from Rotoviz or another pay site, I'd have no idea).

The content is often fine for a "rotoviz but free" site, but turning everything into a listicle slideshow to jack up hit count is pretty obnoxious.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I just discovered that someone registered beersheets.com and has it full of fantasy football links.

Speaking of which: https://www.reddit.com/r/fantasyfootball/comments/6okvcf/beersheets_20170720_rookie_training_camp_edition/

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jul 21, 2017

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I just discovered that someone registered beersheets.com and has it full of fantasy football links.

Speaking of which: https://www.reddit.com/r/fantasyfootball/comments/6okvcf/beersheets_20170720_rookie_training_camp_edition/

And they registered it back in 2015. Looks like it's coming back up in August 2017 for renewal.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Silly Burrito posted:

And they registered it back in 2015. Looks like it's coming back up in August 2017 for renewal.

Yeah is there a way to snipe it?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Anyone know what the limit is for the number of quarterbacks that can be rostered in the Scott Fish Bowl?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

How do people feel about Hopkins now with Osweiler out of the picture?

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

RCarr posted:

It seems unlikely that he will return to 2015 form anytime soon. Could be a solid wr 2 though.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RCarr posted:

I feel like he's being drafted at his ceiling.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

RCarr posted:

I want to believe.

But, it seems he's being drafted in the top of the 3rd. If SOMEHOW he drops to the 4th...maybe.

I want to believe.

Anything is better than Osweiler, right?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Papes posted:

It seems unlikely that he will return to 2015 form anytime soon. Could be a solid wr 2 though.

Yeah, 2015 was perfect situation of extreme volume. I think solid WR2 is selling him a little short, though. No reason he can't be a low WR1, as he's still going to get good volume. Who else is going to catch passes on the Texans?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Side note, I really want to buy in on the narrative that Adrian Peterson will be the AP of old in an offense that doesn't depend on him.

Just that drat Mark Ingram...

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

RVProfootballer posted:

Yeah, 2015 was perfect situation of extreme volume. I think solid WR2 is selling him a little short, though. No reason he can't be a low WR1, as he's still going to get good volume. Who else is going to catch passes on the Texans?

Will Fuller

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
He dead. His great-great-grandson, however...

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Will Fuller is poo poo

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yeah is there a way to snipe it?

Maybe one of the domain sniping services? http://www.pool.com/addgtldbackorders.aspx

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

89 posted:

Side note, I really want to buy in on the narrative that Adrian Peterson will be the AP of old in an offense that doesn't depend on him.

Just that drat Mark Ingram...

Just remember that Sean Payton loves to pass the ball.

He just does.

I want to believe as well, but as a Saints fan who plays fantasy, been there, done that. If he truly lets AD free, I will be shocked. Mark Ingram always seems to be in the doghouse for something anyway.

The secret sauce is Kamara, and if he can run screen passes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

If you draft peterson or ingram near their adp and not kamara you're literally retarded

• Locked thread