Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Don't let your heart hope for even a nanosecond that Spicer would ever show an inkling of courage.

https://twitter.com/tamaragitt/status/888450426361794560

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

why the gently caress is he going on vacation for 3 weeks

Because he worked so hard MAGAing/MSM is hurting his feefees.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Poor Spicey. :smith:

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

I need spicer to come out with a tell-all book as im almost done with Devil's Bargain.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'
I regret Spicey leaving only because it means we're left with ShuckS, who is a lot less fun.

BlueberryCanary
Mar 18, 2016
R.I.P. Spicey

Your audience will miss mocking you

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

fsif posted:

He probably signed an NDA and 2.5.

I don't think NDAs are legal for federal employees.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

GOOCHY posted:

Spicer is not the put upon, good guy that some of you folks wish he is. Just because he got ran roughshod by Donald Trump on a daily basis doesn't mean that he's a sympathetic character in all of this.

I'm sure someone is going to :ironicat: me about this, but a lot of people really like to create a head canon about public figures in which they can't be so bad after all once you get to know them. Instead of seeing Spicer as a groveling piece of poo poo who sold his soul for scraps at the table, people start to view him as a sympathetic punching bag who's trying his best in a world of insanity.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

GOOCHY posted:

Spicer is not the put upon, good guy that some of you folks wish he is. Just because he got ran roughshod by Donald Trump on a daily basis doesn't mean that he's a sympathetic character in all of this.

This is true. Also, Spicer was originally a Jeb man.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Also I don't think this administration has the wherewithal or competency to ensure its employees sign NDAs or other things like that

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

LaserShark posted:

I regret Spicey leaving only because it means we're left with ShuckS, who is a lot less fun.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders is great evidence against the existence of a human soul or divine spark

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fsif posted:

Don't let your heart hope for even a nanosecond that Spicer would ever show an inkling of courage.

He just tryna get that money, friend.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Calaveron posted:

Also I don't think this administration has the wherewithal or competency to ensure its employees sign NDAs or other things like that

Trump (or at least his legal team) is notorious for extremely draconian NDAs, which is why you don't hear much from his ex-wives, for example. If there's one thing you can count on, it's that Spicer signed a loving airtight NDA.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

GOOCHY posted:

Sinteres posted:

I'm sure someone is going to :ironicat: me about this, but a lot of people really like to create a head canon about public figures in which they can't be so bad after all once you get to know them. Instead of seeing Spicer as a groveling piece of poo poo who sold his soul for scraps at the table, people start to view him as a sympathetic punching bag who's trying his best in a world of insanity.

Also there are a number of people in politics and the media who say Spicer used to be someone respectable and reasonable. Used to being the key part. I think a lot of political junkies see him as more weak than conniving.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe
Let us not forget:

Spice posted:

"This was the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration, period, both in-person and around the globe"

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

fsif posted:

So we can expect "I resigned because of endless hounding by the fake news media" and not "I resigned because my boss is a tremendous manbaby who has been trying to shove me out for months anyway"

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
The Spiceman Goeth

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

GOOCHY posted:

I don't think anyone believes he is, it's just a funny joke to picture him as a Charlie Brown figure after all of his big flubs and his retreat into the bushes. Every time he got up to the podium, it was like that scene in the West Wing when Josh gives the press briefing.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Anyone want to venture a guess as to which snark comment Sanders says to start the press conference?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Yeah, MSNBC probably got to him first :suicide:

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Drone posted:

So we can expect "I resigned because of endless hounding by the fake news media" and not "I resigned because my boss is a tremendous manbaby who has been trying to shove me out for months anyway"

If I'm understanding correctly Trump didn't actually want him to resign, right? He wanted him to keep having to do the work while the new guy got the glory? If that's the case then I expect Trump to say mean things about him pretty soon.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

WHOOPS posted:

I don't think NDAs are legal for federal employees.

Trump can make his staff sign NDAs but those NDAs would be weaker because of federal rules and laws http://www.politico.com/tipsheets/m...g-to-omb-216921

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
This sounds like a great turn of direction.. for those who enjoy seeing total debacles which this will be. The only way it could be better is if they let him brief the press.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Every time I hear "respected" in the same sentence as Spicer's name I just think of this.

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006
actually he runs off with Ivanka to be a superhero team, doing good deeds all around the world, in my fan-fiction

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

LaserShark posted:

you'll have moochie soon

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Every time I hear "respected" in the same sentence as Spicer's name I just think of this.

They're both so happy! :3:

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Fitzy Fitz posted:

That's unironically the most respectable thing Spicer's ever done in his entire life.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
ok so i tried to think of what a conspiracy theorist would say about Trump's 3 week absence

I came up with "secret surgery"

and the more I think about it the less crazy it sounds

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

I don't think anyone believes he is, it's just a funny joke to picture him as a Charlie Brown figure after all of his big flubs and his retreat into the bushes. Every time he got up to the podium, it was like that scene in the West Wing when Josh gives the press briefing.

I don't think this is SNL's problem to solve, but I do kind of think that turning someone into a beloved character on that show softens them a bit. Nobody's going to suddenly think he's good at his job because he's ridiculed of course, but I think ridicule can kind of end up masking someone's bad intentions. Trump's probably benefited from this too, though not from SNL so much as the general perception that he's a moron rather than a monster.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

NRA must be thrilled

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

GOOCHY posted:

Does anyone think that? He seems like Toadwart from gummy bears or something.

Like he's a lying scumbag nonstop who is also kicked in the stomach by trump nonstop. It doesn't make spicer a good guy, but stuff like trump letting everyone but him meet the pope is just such a petty sort of mean spirited it's abnormal. It's like if hitler carried a photo of gobbel's dick around to show girls to laugh at how small it was or something. It doesn't make either person seem sympathetic, it's just such a weird sort of highschool meanness it has a different reaction.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

theflyingorc posted:

ok so i tried to think of what a conspiracy theorist would say about Trump's 3 week absence

But not, like, vital surgery or whatever. A face-lift or double-chin tightening.

JailTrump
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
You guys sure feel bad for Spicer but not McCain...

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

JailTrump posted:

You guys sure feel bad for Spicer but not McCain...

How many times did Spicer vote for evil legislation in the senate?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I do like how it seems.anyone who is made fun of constantly or really badly is removed from the administration basically a SNL skit was Spiceys downfall

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Sinteres posted:

I don't think this is SNL's problem to solve, but I do kind of think that turning someone into a beloved character on that show softens them a bit. Nobody's going to suddenly think he's good at his job because he's ridiculed of course, but I think ridicule can kind of end up masking someone's bad intentions. Trump's probably benefited from this too, though not from SNL so much as the general perception that he's a moron rather than a monster.

Bush definitely benefitted from this. SNL's buffoon president version of him was really likable.

I'm not sure Trump gets the same. They're really, really brutal on him, and don't show any positive aspects at all that I've seen.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

fsif posted:

If the NJ Fatass is Donnie's first dog.

Spicy is the 2nd one.

Also I wonder how happy Chistie is that he gets 3 weeks with his master.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Sanders on camera briefing (first in a long time) starting in 10min or so: https://www.whitehouse.gov/live/press-briefing-principal-deputy-press-secretary-sarah-sanders-4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

theflyingorc posted:

I came up with "he's lazy and loathes his job and this is also an opportunity to siphon more tax payers money directly into his coffers"
A little bit out there I know

• Locked thread