Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Colonel Whitey posted:

I tried to introduce a friend to MBMBaM and he said he can't get past their laughs. I find their laughs completely infectious and when Justin or Griffin get into a giggle fit I can't help but laugh along with them regardless of what was said. Anyone else run into this? Is it a left brain right brain thing? Am I good?
Kill your friend by introducing him to any podcast Ricky Gervais has ever done. His head will explode after 1.5 very bad laughs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Kenny Logins posted:

Kill your friend by introducing him to any podcast Ricky Gervais has ever done. His head will explode after 1.5 very bad laughs.

'How do I know...which one is me?' still makes me laugh hard enough to need an inhaler.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jul 20, 2017

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
I think that Merchant and Pilkington more than make up for it, it's just Gervais in full laugh mode is rough as gently caress.

I really enjoyed watching the HBO animated series of the podcasts, I think they leveled him off or else it's just less grating from a TV across the room.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Hey, there's an idea! Use the MBMBaM tv show to introduce your friend and get them used to the laughs.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Just listened to the Trolls 2 cast and lost it at Travis asking whether people are looking for three voice actors that all sound similar enough that listeners get confused all the time

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

There was a lot of ant gel chat on this week's Stop Podcasting Yourself btw

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
Say - one of my only nagging issues with the way things are unfolding on TAZ was, why the hell was Barry acting so creepy when he appeared to the guys before? But I just listened to his speech in the Crystal Kingdom arc and on reflection, what's going on is that Barry is trying to just factually explain to THB everything that happened in Stolen Century, but he can only sort of hint at it sideways and speak in vagaries or else the guys won't understand him. It just comes off as creepy because well, he's a lich.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

This was the bit that made me finally get fully on board with the brothers since I started listening around this time and it was from the 3rd or 4th episode I listened to and I'm so glad it's finally in animated form.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I have a question please. Which is the mbmbam episode with a yahoo answers question about someone wondering how they should approach asking their parents for sex tips. I think there might be a youtube clip. Thank you.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I found it episode 35 thank you.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

yeah actually they will posted:

I found it episode 35 thank you.

No problem glad I could help.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

I always check out these "back eps for minor goofs" people are looking for that get solved, because it always leads to something else I've been wanting to rehear. For example:

Ariong posted:

Does anyone remember the MBMBaM bit where they recounted a time when a man walked up to the three of them and their parents and did a backflip for them, and they theorized that the man had been sent from the future to keep a sniper from assassinating one of them, and he had in fact flipped over the bullet?

The answer to this was the same ep as "Curse a Real Sword?". Win-win just about every time.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I was skeptical about Let's Go To Hell, but that wireframe view and no-eyes mario really get me lolling

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I feel like the entire series is just going to be them clipping through character models and turning on the wire frames, it's gonna be the same stuff but with Samus or Link instead of Mario. I'm really not feeling it. I laughed a few times just because nick and Griffin are funny dudes but eh. I don't know what kind of legs this is going to have when it's basically the same toolsets applied to various games.

I'm also kinda worried they're gonna get on Nintendo's radar with this video series that's openly pirating and emulating their games

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
At times it felt like Nick and Griffin weren't having a ton of fun with it either. But maybe that's me projecting because I found it boring with a few highlights.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Vox legal vs Nintendo would be something to see.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

timp posted:

Griffin and Russ playing a game I've never heard of called GORN for 40 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRORbSwJQJA

GORN is one of the best things in VR. The dev used to post on occasion in the old Vive thread here.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Let's Go to Hell isn't side-splittingly funny but man, it's definitely being queued up the next time I do acid.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I didn't think Let's Go to Hell was going to work after the Monkey Ball episode, but the Mario Galaxy episodes turned me around on it. I know the wireframe spin-art stuff will get old eventually, but it is neat. What's really interest to me is breaking the camera free from its "assigned" position and seeing just what kind of shenanigans are being used to make the game "work," but still being able to play it normally - things like adjusting the camera to create the giant second screen being projected over the lake, or going below the world and finding that shadow Mario was a fully-built, featureless model.

It's definitely not scratching that same Car Boys itch, though, because they don't have any real control over the game world. They'll need another weird, competent-yet-finicky physics simulator to come along before they can really recapture that magic.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Yeah, I'm interested to see what else there is to do with this program, but I'm not sure how much is there. I also really enjoy seeing things like a jpeg of Princess Peach suspended in space. I think it'd be a good monthly series until they exhaust the unique features.

Also, are they actually pirating them? Most emulators I've had for disk-based media could also play the disks if you put them in your drive.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Was there a reason given for the Car Boys ending? I imagine it's probably kind of a Quit While You're Ahead situation but I never saw an actual explanation.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

SpacePig posted:

Yeah, I'm interested to see what else there is to do with this program, but I'm not sure how much is there. I also really enjoy seeing things like a jpeg of Princess Peach suspended in space. I think it'd be a good monthly series until they exhaust the unique features.

Also, are they actually pirating them? Most emulators I've had for disk-based media could also play the disks if you put them in your drive.

I don't know if they can read the little GameCube discs or not. I didn't think most people even had dvdrom drives anymore though. I got made fun of once for still having one.

The best parts to me were just watching Nick play Mario because it's a good game. The jpeg of princess peach just hovering in the environment of the opening cutscene was really funny though.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Poque posted:

Was there a reason given for the Car Boys ending? I imagine it's probably kind of a Quit While You're Ahead situation but I never saw an actual explanation.
Yeah, I think it's the same reason anything creative ends. Nick and Griffin have shown they're sensitive to the quality of the content. The pseudo-critical praise in the last months of it probably had them questioning where their exit point should be, then they saw a good one and took it. It wasn't really pre-scripted so that's the best you can hope for with this kind of thing.

I just noticed Car Boys has an IMDB entry. That's neat.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

purple death ray posted:

The best parts to me were just watching Nick play Mario because it's a good game.

I got a kick out of how as soon as he had control of Mario in the opening segment Nick went into "Sorry I got distracted for a second, this is really good" mode.

Also drat does Galaxy look great upscaled. Dear Nintendo I would buy a Galaxy 1 + 2 "remaster" where you do not actually remaster any of the artwork and just change the output resolution.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I'm listening to the PUBG Trivia Night. It is sad when poor Griffin actually wants to play videogames competently and gets upset. Having a competent videogamer serve as cameraman may be as self-defeating as having Russ do it?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I watched the first hour or so of the Polygon Vs. Verge match, and that wasn't so bad. Simone jumping early and laughing all the way to the ground was great, and Russ wasn't even that bad since there was only 1 other team to deal with. Maybe they'd benefit from playing private matches with fewer teams or something.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/rahzzah/status/888153719585603586

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Quest For Glory II posted:

the one "comedy playthrough" i thought was really bad on polygon was the Bidiots one, and that's only because the Quiplash one was so loving funny that Bidiots was a massive drop. but Bidiots is one of the bad jackbox games anyway

...but bidiots is one of the best jackbox games wtf

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Snooze Cruise posted:

All I remember about Bidiots was that it was basically Drawful with a bidding component. I don't remember liking it. Maybe it's better with more players?

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Poque posted:

Judge Schnoopy posted:

At times it felt like Nick and Griffin weren't having a ton of fun with it either. But maybe that's me projecting because I found it boring with a few highlights.

Yeah I think if you go back and listen to the penultimate Car Boys Griffin sounded like he was squeezing the ep out and not particularly having fun. I could believe that they stumbled on (or "stumbled on") an exit from the series in what was recorded that same session and took it.

Relatedly, it continues to feel loving Weird to listen to enough content to feel like I can even attempt form opinions about how its maker feels. I'm old enough to be a middlest brother and McElroy podcasts/videos are the only thing where I am a fan of a... you unironically call them artists right? Is "content creator" pejorative? An artist where that isn't this clear line between the creator and their output. Contrast it with like conventional acting or music, roles and albums. I dunno. Just feels weird sometimes.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

poor life choice posted:

Relatedly, it continues to feel loving Weird to listen to enough content to feel like I can even attempt form opinions about how its maker feels. I'm old enough to be a middlest brother and McElroy podcasts/videos are the only thing where I am a fan of a... you unironically call them artists right? Is "content creator" pejorative? An artist where that isn't this clear line between the creator and their output. Contrast it with like conventional acting or music, roles and albums. I dunno. Just feels weird sometimes.

"30 under 30 media luminary" works

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think they were realizing that the Blob was starting to get a bit forced, too.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Snooze Cruise posted:

The Bidiots stream was kind of fatally flawed because the game has an announcer that is not really necessary to include, but they included it anyway.

The topics they got randomly also had a bit too much overlap but not much you can do about that. Griffin's snatching defeat from the jaws of victory was pretty funny as a capper at least.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

poor life choice posted:

Yeah I think if you go back and listen to the penultimate Car Boys Griffin sounded like he was squeezing the ep out and not particularly having fun. I could believe that they stumbled on (or "stumbled on") an exit from the series in what was recorded that same session and took it.

I was most def talking about Let's Go to Hell and not Car Boys.

DrankSinatra
Aug 25, 2011

purple death ray posted:

I don't know if they can read the little GameCube discs or not. I didn't think most people even had dvdrom drives anymore though. I got made fun of once for still having one.

GameCube disks spin the opposite direction, iirc

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
That's a myth. GC discs spin at Constant Angular Velocity, but in the normal direction. They also use a Burst Cutting Area most drives can't access.

However, a softmodded Wii can be used to legally rip Gamecube games you own.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

That's only true in the Southern Hemisphere.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

SpacePig posted:

All I remember about Bidiots was that it was basically Drawful with a bidding component. I don't remember liking it. Maybe it's better with more players?

Bidiots is better with more, but you have to treat it more like a game you want to win more than most Jackbox games, because it only really works when you start bluffing and double bluffing everyone else.

Its my second favorite game after Tee K.O.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
It really shouldn't be shocking that Cool Games Inc draws some bonkers animations but this one takes the cake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTjZDni97c4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

sexpig by night posted:

It really shouldn't be shocking that Cool Games Inc draws some bonkers animations but this one takes the cake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTjZDni97c4

That was really funny and really quite incredible, thank you for sharing.