Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I'm guessing it's a master brand? If so then I have the same one; I work with lacquers primarily recently, and its held up quite well for two+ years now. Just remember to clean it out after every session, and wipe the tip off before spraying if your last session was with a thicker paint (ex. Model Masters)

Imo for priming you're best off with krylon/rustoleum can primers for most projects, but Alclad Microfiller Black (Lacquer based) and Stynylrez (Acrylic based) primers are some of the best when it comes to spray primers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Cheers for the info, it's just an ebay special essentially this one ( http://www.voilamart.com/voilamart-dual-action-air-brush-compressor-1-6hp-spray-gun-3-needles-cups-set-for-paint-art) but I'll keep all that in mind.

Probably will be primarily Tamiya paints as that's what's readily available here in Aus.

Puddin fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jul 19, 2017

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Following Katsumi Kawaguchi on Facebook can be a baffling and occasionally disturbing experience:

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

New BF model coming out...

:captainpop:

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
See, that's exactly the right kind of dumb for a BF design. Glad they're getting back to their roots.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

EVGA Longoria posted:

If this is the kind of kit design we're getting out of the GM Counterattack, I'm really looking forward to the actual OVA. They clearly remember what made the original HGBF kits fantastic; Taking a fun spin on an existing kit :allears:.

Instead of OC EDGELORD GUNDAM DO NOT STEAL :goonsay:. TryOn 3, notwithstanding, of course.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

EVGA Longoria posted:

This owns, but at the same time it's simple enough that I cant help but think "couldn't this just be an addon pack?".

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
It's like the picture of that crap with the disproportionately huge-rear end claw

Speaking of disproportionate hugeness...

Man, I sure as hell hope those white parts are going to be an actual color. I know this fits a lot of people's aesthetic, and to each their own, but drat, that's a mobile suit only a mother could love.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.

Bimmi posted:

See, that's exactly the right kind of dumb for a BF design. Glad they're getting back to their roots.

Yeah way better than "Here's another exia. uhhh.... enjoy"

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

EVGA Longoria posted:

that is so great

MJP posted:

It's like the picture of that crap with the disproportionately huge-rear end claw

Speaking of disproportionate hugeness...

Man, I sure as hell hope those white parts are going to be an actual color. I know this fits a lot of people's aesthetic, and to each their own, but drat, that's a mobile suit only a mother could love.

that is so terrible

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
Anyone had experience using Black 2.0? It's a vantablack acrylic which could make for a cool project.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

worthless. posted:

Yeah way better than "Here's another exia. uhhh.... enjoy"

What do you mean "don't make it look like a Zeta Gundam? It's not another Zeta Gundam, I swear..."

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Neurolimal posted:

This owns, but at the same time it's simple enough that I cant help but think "couldn't this just be an addon pack?".

That's why it's P-Bandai.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

That's why it's P-Bandai.

Dangit

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
HG and Robot Damashii Pacific Rim 2

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

MJP posted:

Man, I sure as hell hope those white parts are going to be an actual color.

That's the final production color, the white stuff is test stuff

Guy Goodbody posted:

that is so terrible

nah it's actually amazing and I wish I liked the zeong more to justify it

at least they've got The Perfect GP02 coming

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jul 21, 2017

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Guy Goodbody posted:

HG and Robot Damashii Pacific Rim 2

A High Grade Gypsy Avenger?

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
"Not final, pending licensor approval."

Also, the PR2 Jaeger designs are boring as gently caress.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Bimmi posted:

"Not final, pending licensor approval."

Also, the PR2 Jaeger designs are boring as gently caress.

Sadly true. They've foregone the crazy spider arms or the literal walking reactor silo to all being variations on top heavy boxer bot. When gypsy was alone with the football aesthetic she was fine because the other designs were unique on their own that she could be vanilla and still stand out.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.
So I'm working on the Shin Musha and jesus christ who the gently caress thought that the pre molded inner frame for the legs was a good idea. Theres so, so many points where it's attached to the frame.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

That Gobbo posted:

Anyone had experience using Black 2.0? It's a vantablack acrylic which could make for a cool project.

Haven't tried it on a model yet but the "black hole" effect is very striking. I'm pretty tempted to get a Zaku and paint one up.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
If you really hate having money, there's also gonna be a Soul of Chogokin Gypsy Danger.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

The Barzam is an amazing build. Completely unique build. Got the majority of an internal skeleton, all the limbs build differently from normal. Loving it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I want a refined Barzam because I'm boring.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
The Barzam is a certified Good Bot

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Reborns!

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Looks like it's the same painter as the white power Transient Gundam.

I wanna see what they do with the reversing gimmick, since it's the Reverse Gundam.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

EVGA Longoria posted:

Looks like it's the same painter as the white power Transient Gundam.

I wanna see what they do with the reversing gimmick, since it's the Reverse Gundam.

It turns into this.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
I can't tell what the hell that is.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer

That Gobbo posted:

A wannabe Mobile Armor, at best.

1999's Gundam mailing list just came out with a metric ton of the cheap no-grade 1/144 Seed kits and a huge amount of HG Seed as well, so if you wanted a GOOhN or High Maneuver GINN, now's your chance!

Bunch of Code Geass kits as well, here's hoping HLJ gets them so I can fuel a Private Warehouse order. Shame 1999 doesn't do that sorta thing, just the monthly order.

MJP fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Jul 24, 2017

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
http://www.gundammodelcenter.com/gundam-central-gm-gaogaigar-model-kit

GM "Soul of Chogokin" GaoGaiGar is available for pre-order. I already got two on lock, but man, I REALLY hope the fit and finish justifies the price.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

That Gobbo posted:

A clinking, clanking, clattering collection of collagenous junk is what. Must have really taxed the ol' design cells. And yet the fun, cool and good Z'gock mashup is online-only.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Reborns: turns around and becomes a Guncannon.
Reverse: collapses in a heap to become a weird Zakrello/Epyon thing.

I think it would be helped by a colour scheme that helped definition so it doesn't just look like a big blob when it turns into a big blob, but I can sorta interpret a mouth from the thruster bit in the middle. Not super enthused though.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

EthanSteele posted:

Reborns: turns around and becomes a Guncannon.
Reverse: collapses in a heap to become a weird Zakrello/Epyon thing.

I think it would be helped by a colour scheme that helped definition so it doesn't just look like a big blob when it turns into a big blob, but I can sorta interpret a mouth from the thruster bit in the middle. Not super enthused though.

Yeah, it definitely needs a better colour scheme than white-on-grey.

I still find it more interesting than a good portion of the Try kits though, just because you can see it started as a Reborns Gundam and built on from there into that weird Mini-Mobile Armor thing.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

I want to put Kshatriya Repaired on an action base. I lost the original adapter piece, part F9 shown below. Is there anywhere I can order just this piece from or any action base sets that come with it?

http://dalong.net/review/hg/h179/p/h179_m0012.JPG

http://dalong.net/review/hg/h99/p/h99_r08.jpg

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
So my $100 aircompressor and airbrush came and it's actually a nice bit of kit.

Just ran it up and it auto fills to 4 bar pressure, turns off and turns back on at 3 bar.

Holding the airbrush wide open takes a good 90 seconds of continuous spray before it hits the 3 bar mark.

No pulses as far as I can tell nice stream of air coming through, lever is light without being too light. Haven't messed with the actual output pressure yet which is a nice big lockable knob.

Fittings are all ni e and tight but I'll probably put some tape on them just to give it that extra seal.

I'll try and give it a whirl on Saturday on something and see how it actually sprays.

It's super quiet too. Probably half as loud as my microwave, you could totally paint indoors next to someone and still have a conversation without raising your voice.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Let me tell you a story.

I was roped into Gundam because I got the first volume of Gundam: The Origin in manga, and it was gorgeous. Sometime while that was still coming out I bought an HG RX-78 and it sat around because I never bought any tools, not knowing what the hell I'd need. Earlier this year I finally found a pair of nippers* and put it together and I was into this. A few weeks back I grabbed an MG kit that I had no idea what it was because it was $21 and I went "Sure, why not". Lot cheaper than buying a new series to try, anyway!

* read: cat nail clippers

And that was when I clearly got some kind of horrible curse, because my wife proceeded to see this and went "You know, I probably have a kit I bought years back somewhere in storage. It's yours now." So then I got a 1/144 Tallgeese. And my sister and her boyfriend were over while I was working on it and he went "Hey, I tried that once and never finished it, lemme go find that!", so I got back from work to a "W-Gundam Zero Custom" HG on the porch.

Then Amazon began some deep-rear end discounts on a thing I did not know existed until someone went to make a point to me, "Sprukits", clearly Bandai's failed attempt to spread this style of thing over here with Western licenses. So when I saw their highest-end kits at $13 each (down from $60), I kind of bought, uh...

Well, I have 4 boxes here now.

I'm at the point where with two models under my belt I now want to begin dipping into painting and I figure I may experiment with this "kitbashing" with the Sprukits stuff since I don't particularly give a poo poo about any of the licenses in question, and this is clearly just going to be the beginning of a terrible rabbit hole I may never get out of.

In conclusion I'm trash and here's the proof

https://twitter.com/bustrider/status/889791718211571712

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

END ME SCOOB posted:

Let me tell you a story.

I was roped into Gundam because I got the first volume of Gundam: The Origin in manga, and it was gorgeous. Sometime while that was still coming out I bought an HG RX-78 and it sat around because I never bought any tools, not knowing what the hell I'd need. Earlier this year I finally found a pair of nippers* and put it together and I was into this. A few weeks back I grabbed an MG kit that I had no idea what it was because it was $21 and I went "Sure, why not". Lot cheaper than buying a new series to try, anyway!

And that was when I clearly got some kind of horrible curse, because my wife proceeded to see this and went "You know, I probably have a kit I bought years back somewhere in storage. It's yours now." So then I got a 1/144 Tallgeese. And my sister and her boyfriend were over while I was working on it and he went "Hey, I tried that once and never finished it, lemme go find that!", so I got back from work to a "W-Gundam Zero Custom" HG on the porch.

Then Amazon began some deep-rear end discounts on a thing I did not know existed until someone went to make a point to me, "Sprukits", clearly Bandai's failed attempt to spread this style of thing over here with Western licenses. So when I saw their highest-end kits at $13 each (down from $60), I kind of bought, uh...

Well, I have 4 boxes here now.

I'm at the point where with two models under my belt I now want to begin dipping into painting and I figure I may experiment with this "kitbashing" with the Sprukits stuff since I don't particularly give a poo poo about any of the licenses in question, and this is clearly just going to be the beginning of a terrible rabbit hole I may never get out of.

In conclusion I'm trash and here's the proof

https://twitter.com/bustrider/status/889791718211571712

I call it Gunplus Syndrome. Because there is always more.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

END ME SCOOB posted:

Let me tell you a story.

Definitely pick up some nicer ones (I recommend the Gundam Planet ones since they're $35, or the God Hands at ~$50). At the very least, the Tamiya sharp side nippers. all of them will be so much better.

Also, congrats, this is a much healthier hobby than reading Terry Goodkind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The October reissue of old and obscure kits pre-order train has no brakes

Hildolfr, Oggo, GINN, and Lancelot at reasonable prices, finally! :getin:

Is the Gunperry kit worth the $54, though?