Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

BT seem really weak. Reroll charge is okay, but that strategem looks like it's 1CP per roll?

1CP to have psychic defence for an army which otherwise has no psychic defence seems reasonable to me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Corrode posted:

1CP to have psychic defence for an army which otherwise has no psychic defence seems reasonable to me?

As an AdMech players with zero psychic defense, it sounds loving amazing and I am jealous.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Just take a Culexus...

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Well they're the most popular army by far, and the codex goes for preorder this weekend so it's expected.

TheChirurgeon posted:

They make up more than 50% of armies. It'd be irresponsible to do another army's book before them, really.

No real argument here. Just venting my spleen a little.

Surprise T Rex
Apr 9, 2008

Dinosaur Gum

Zuul the Cat posted:

As an AdMech players with zero psychic defense, it sounds loving amazing and I am jealous.

Same from a Tau player! There's a Nid power that lets them pick one of my units to shoot at another one of my units, and I'm dreading that.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Indolent Bastard posted:

At least this time around it seems like they're going to a) release codices at a good pace and b) try and get all of the core armies done at roughly the same time.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Indolent Bastard posted:

Yeah that's fair enough. They're deffo boring, and Chaos Space Marines aren't going to make it better if you don't play them. If they go by sales popularity, we'll see AdMech and Tau as our first non-marine books.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

It'll be rad when Curze comes back

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

adamantium|wang posted:

Even in death I still serve.

This is great man. What do you do to weather the lower legs with that dark tint?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Looks a lot like pigment powders to me.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

adamantium|wang posted:

Even in death I still serve.

How did you color the armor? That's exactly the tint I want to use for my Primaris.

Xarlaxas
Sep 2, 2011

Who speaks for the Man's cub?

Corrode posted:

If they have a brain they'll make sure to split all the different orgs down the middle so that you have Ad Mech, Ecclesiarchy etc. on either side rather than each organisation moving as a monolith.

Guilliman outright states that making Cawl Fabricator General would cause civil war on Mars, and many other forge worlds, so, most likely, if a civil war happens, there will be pieces of every faction on however many sides.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Naramyth posted:

I have three of them if you want to setup a buy/trade. :v:

I'd love a step by step ( Or just all kits involved) in making one!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Surprise T Rex posted:

Same from a Tau player! There's a Nid power that lets them pick one of my units to shoot at another one of my units, and I'm dreading that.

If it's the one in thinking of it was reworded in 8th to target only a single model, not unit.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Corrode posted:

It's 1 CP per roll with a 50% chance of success, and you only get one roll per turn in matched play. I agree it's better than nothing.

TwingeCrag
Feb 6, 2007

I got a Phd in Badassery

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's 1 CP per roll with a 50% chance of success, and you only get one roll per turn in matched play. I agree it's better than nothing.

You could use 2CP to make it a 75% chance of success, since you probably aren't rolling very many other dice in the psychic phase.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Personally I'm in favour of Stratagems being situationally useful niche abilities - better that than the other way around.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
Wont link because its :filez: but someones managed to pocket the marine codex early. Struggling to parse blurry as photos but theres apparently a fair few options for primaris squads.

Hellblasters and cheaper now, can have rapid fire assault or heavy plasma incinerators and only the heavy ones are an instant kill on gets hot.

Aggressors either have some variant boltstorm gauntlets with assault# and what looks like 18" range or flamethrower versions and the thing on the back is a grenade rack. they're power 6 for a minimum squad of 3.

Repulsors are rather pricey at 16 power, pictures too blurry beyond that.

Librarius is now 6 powers instead of 3.

Theres a 2 page spread of generic marine stratagems including orbital bombardment :getin:

Looking pretty sweet so far, only another week to go.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TwingeCrag posted:

You could use 2CP to make it a 75% chance of success, since you probably aren't rolling very many other dice in the psychic phase.

True. If it was worth spending 1CP to get a save then it's worth spending another one to try again.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Artum posted:

Wont link because its :filez: but someones managed to pocket the marine codex early. Struggling to parse blurry as photos but theres apparently a fair few options for primaris squads.

Hellblasters and cheaper now, can have rapid fire assault or heavy plasma incinerators and only the heavy ones are an instant kill on gets hot.

Aggressors either have some variant boltstorm gauntlets with assault# and what looks like 18" range or flamethrower versions and the thing on the back is a grenade rack. they're power 6 for a minimum squad of 3.

Repulsors are rather pricey at 16 power, pictures too blurry beyond that.

Librarius is now 6 powers instead of 3.

Theres a 2 page spread of generic marine stratagems including orbital bombardment :getin:

Looking pretty sweet so far, only another week to go.

You can link.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Go Nuts

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug
The Repulsor can carry up to 10 non-jump pack primaris or 5 gravis, cool.

Inceptors get plasma.

Reivers have deep-strike via grav chutes. They are gonna be terrifying, aren't they?

Aggressors look awesome with tons of options. Also, they shoot twice if they don't move (including ow) and they can advance and shoot w/o penalty.

I found this link easier for zooming and such: http://imgur.com/a/J8agS

Also, looks like all the primaris units can be twice as big as we've seen and can be split into combat squads upon deployment.

Also, Inceptors went from 8 PL to 10 and Hellblaster dropped from 12 to 8.

I bet Intercessors get cheaper too. Primaris may end up being reasonably cost effective.

bonds0097 fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jul 21, 2017

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

It looks like Bolter Drill allows you to spend a CP to allow an Imperial Fists unit to fire all its bolter weapons a second time in the same shooting phase.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

bonds0097 posted:

The Repulsor can carry up to 10 non-jump pack primaris or 5 gravis, cool.

Inceptors get plasma.

Reivers have deep-strike via grav chutes. They are gonna be terrifying, aren't they?

Aggressors look awesome with tons of options. Also, they shoot twice if they don't move (including ow) and they can advance and shoot w/o penalty.

I found this link easier for zooming and such: http://imgur.com/a/J8agS

Also, looks like all the primaris units can be twice as big as we've seen and can be split into combat squads upon deployment.

Its not in pics but a intercessor sergeants can take power swords and I could not be happier given how many times my sergeants have been the last man alive and in close combat.

E: and aggressors dont have loads of options its just down to the gauntlets having 2 entries each, they either get guns and grenades, or flamethrowers.

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Artum posted:

Its not in pics but a intercessor sergeants can take power swords and I could not be happier given how many times my sergeants have been the last man alive and in close combat.

Can they take special ranged weapons of any kind?

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
It looks like Reivers come with a Bolt Carbine and combat knife by default. The carbine looks like an assault 2, 24" range ap0 bolter. Not bad at all- I think these guys are going to be some new favorites for me moving forward.

E: They're elites. I know I was hoping for fast attack.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

WhiteWolf123 posted:

Can they take special ranged weapons of any kind?

One guy for every 5 can take an underslung grenade launcher which is rather tacticool.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Pendent posted:

It looks like Reivers come with a Bolt Carbine and combat knife by default. The carbine looks like an assault 2, 24" range ap0 bolter. Not bad at all- I think these guys are going to be some new favorites for me moving forward.

Nah, it's Carbine or Combat Knife. So you basically choose between assault style or scout style for your Reivers.

I can see this gelling well with their Combat Squads ability. Deploy them as one, then split your shooters and your slicers into two five-man packs.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
I am most curious about matched play points changes, and whether or not Intercessors still can't ride in normal transports, because that second part really is the prime reason never to take them. Marines who walk almost always die.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

Pendent posted:

No, they come equipped with a bolt carbine and heavy bolt pistol by default.

They can swap the bolt carbine for a combat knife.

e:f;b

From the miniature showcase, it seems to imply that intercessors can take bolter variants like the auto bolt rifle.

Uroboros posted:

I am most curious about matched play points changes, and whether or not Intercessors still can't ride in normal transports, because that second part really is the prime reason never to take them. Marines who walk almost always die.

They can ride in the repulsor at least.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
That does make more sense, honestly. I'm not sure how you guys are reading it so well- those are not the best quality images.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Pendent posted:

That does make more sense, honestly. I'm not sure how you guys are reading it so well- those are not the best quality images.

I'm just hi-fiving the screen with my face and hoping I'm reading it all right. Most of this is a horrible blur, tbh, but I guess if you want a codex for ants this is a good stopgap.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
I'm faintly disappointed by aggressors not getting missiles, but they do look like pretty sweet shock troops now

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
Blech. Most of the Eldar Aspect Warrior line is both (1) a GW webstore exclusive and (2) sold out. I just want to buy some Dark Reapers =(

I've got a set of 2 Fire Prisms / Night Weavers and I can't decide how to assemble them. I've also thought about grabbing the bits to turn them into Falcons, but their 200+ pt cost seems prohibitive. Has anyone been using the Craftworld Eldar vehicles in the new edition and, if so, have any of them been more/less effective?

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug
So, the grappeling hooks seem interesting. You can either equip reivers with grav chutes or grappels (or both or neither I guess). The grappels allow you to move vertically without it counting against your move, which is cool and batman-esque. And they give a modified version of deepstrike (within 6" of board edge).

EDIT: also, the mini showcase has the reivers w/ grav chutes all wearing skull helmets, while the datasheet has them un-helmeted, presumably indicating you'll have 2 head options per model? Which would be awesome if you wanted to repurpose the helmets for your custom SKULLFUCKERS chapter.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

The Imperial Fists relic is a sniper bolt pistol, neat. The Crimson Fists one looks like a power fist with no negative hit modifier.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

bonds0097 posted:

So, the grappeling hooks seem interesting. You can either equip reivers with grav chutes or grappels (or both or neither I guess). The grappels allow you to move vertically without it counting against your move, which is cool and batman-esque. And they give a modified version of deepstrike (within 6" of board edge).

Booooo. Give me anti-man magna-grapples.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

Corrode posted:

The Imperial Fists relic is a sniper bolt pistol, neat. The Crimson Fists one looks like a power fist with no negative hit modifier.

That seems like an auto-include for Kantor w/ his 5 attacks.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
I'm up to the Redemptor now, and I honestly love that you can just give this thing an absolutely stupid amount of dakka. The Heavy Onslaught for 12 shots, the Onslaught for 6 shots, and two Storm Bolters at Rapid Fire 2. Put this thing in the hands of the Iron Hands, and you can trundle up to a horde and put 26 shots in them. Especially with Hellblasters already filling the big boom niche, this thing can do some serious infantry hedge-trimming.

Still kinda sad you can't Scorpion people with your grapnels. I understand it'd be odd to extrapolate to an entire unit, but drat would it be amusing.

Heavy Plasma is interesting. Extra power, but if you push your luck you could die without even getting a chance to shoot. It's a neat risk-reward on an already risk-reward weapon.

The Bee fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jul 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

Artum posted:

Booooo. Give me anti-man magna-grapples.

Well, the grappels seem like what you would take on shooty Reivers to get good LOS while grav chutes seem great for stabby ones to deep strike in and charge w/o overwatch.

EDIT: Lots of cost changes. Devastators and Devastator Centurions are more expensive. Inceptors are more expensive. Hellblasters and Assault Centurions are cheaper. (All of this in PL, no clue about points).

Intercessors have to be cheaper if Reivers, with all the cool poo poo they get, are only 5 PL for a 5-man squad.

bonds0097 fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jul 21, 2017