Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
The Repulsor is the single thing I think most people are curious about and I find it completely unreadable. It's like the leaker is toying with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

bonds0097 posted:

Well, the grappels seem like what you would take on shooty Reivers to get good LOS while grav chutes seem great for stabby ones to deep strike in and charge w/o overwatch.

Nah, nah. Grapnels mean vertical movement doesn't count. Get to the top of a huge piece of terrain, out of overwatch range, and then dive down with your knives ready. :getin:

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Pendent posted:

The Repulsor is the single thing I think most people are curious about and I find it completely unreadable. It's like the leaker is toying with me.

Holds 10 primaris, gravis are 2, cant hold jump troops, has a 24" heavy 2 lascannon in the hull and stuff charging it subtracts 2 from the charge distance.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

bonds0097 posted:

That seems like an auto-include for Kantor w/ his 5 attacks.

Yeah it'll be in every list.

I think Bolter Drill is attack again on a 4+, not everyone. Hard to read the text though.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Killshot stratagem. 1 CP, if you have 3 predators within 6 inches of each other add 1 to the wound rolls and damage for all of them when shooting at monsters and vehicles.

Holy poo poo that's good, guess I'm taking my predators.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

chutche2 posted:

Killshot stratagem. 1 CP, if you have 3 predators within 6 inches of each other add 1 to the wound rolls and damage for all of them when shooting at monsters and vehicles.

Holy poo poo that's good, guess I'm taking my predators.

A lot of the old formation bonuses are back as stratagems, linebreaker bombardment seems downright filthy since its 3d3 mortal wounds on a 4+ to each unit within 3" of a point you target.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Also it looks like there's a stratagem for relics, 1 CP per relic, up to 3 relics. So maybe they don't cost points like people were suggesting, just CP.

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
There's a Black Templar relic that increases your aura abilities by 3(?)''. That's probably a nice way to make BT blobs more viable.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Corrode posted:

Yeah it'll be in every list.

I think Bolter Drill is attack again on a 4+, not everyone. Hard to read the text though.

I wish I could read who is eligible to wield the Fist of Vengeance. I'd love to put it on a Primaris Captain instead of the Power Sword. I never played before 8th, how do relics normally work? Do they only replace a weapon of the same type?

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
And there's stratagems we can't see too. I really want to know what the Tremor Shells are going to do.

Anyone have info on Dorn's Arrow?

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

bonds0097 posted:

I wish I could read who is eligible to wield the Fist of Vengeance. I'd love to put it on a Primaris Captain instead of the Power Sword. I never played before 8th, how do relics normally work? Do they only replace a weapon of the same type?

These are the first relics in 8th, so we're all kinda waiting to see...

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

bonds0097 posted:

It used to be that you would buy the relic like any other piece of wargear. However,

chutche2 posted:

Also it looks like there's a stratagem for relics, 1 CP per relic, up to 3 relics. So maybe they don't cost points like people were suggesting, just CP.
This sounds pretty interesting. We already saw that the Iron Hands' relic axe can only replace an existing power axe so I'm guessing the Fist of Vengeance would only replace a normal powerfist.

Charging command points for relics is actually not what I expected. I wonder if named characters will even be able to take them.

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jul 21, 2017

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

bonds0097 posted:

Before it was just an option for characters to take a relic, but yeah now you're only allowed to replace the type of weapon with it, so you can only trade out a power sword or master crafted power sword for the burning blade etc.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
So long as it's fun. fluffy formation bonuses you pay CP to use, and not vomiting a ton of points on the table for near-free, I'm very okay with this.

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

Ya, I think it's for extra relics. So the rules may allow you to take up to 1 per army, and you can spend CPs to get more. You have to put them on different characters though, it looks like. SO I can't take the Armor Indomitus and the Shield Eternal on the same model, for example.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I didn't see this mentioned - can Intercessors go up to 10 now?

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

The Bee posted:

So long as it's fun. fluffy formation bonuses you pay CP to use, and not vomiting a ton of points on the table for near-free, I'm very okay with this.

Landspeeder spotting for whirlwinds making a return is nice.

Zuul the Cat posted:

I didn't see this mentioned - can Intercessors go up to 10 now?

Indeed they can, can't wait. Those boys have done a lot of work for me already in just the two squads of 5.

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

Artum posted:

Before it was just an option for characters to take a relic, but yeah now you're only allowed to replace the type of weapon with it, so you can only trade out a power sword or master crafted power sword for the burning blade etc.

Right. And the Burning Blade is just worse than a Relic Blade... seems really odd. Though, if the upgrade to the relic is free, you can replace a 4 point Power Sword with that profile, which is obviously quite good for 4 points.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

Artum posted:

Ah yeah, I see that for burning blade. That's potentially disappointing since thus far none of the Primaris models can take a Powerfist.

WhiteWolf123 posted:

And there's stratagems we can't see too. I really want to know what the Tremor Shells are going to do.

Anyone have info on Dorn's Arrow?

As in the CF storm bolter? It's got stats in the Imperium Index I under Kantor. Or is there another Dorn's Arrow?

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Artum posted:

Landspeeder spotting for whirlwinds making a return is nice.

Indeed they can, can't wait. Those boys have done a lot of work for me already in just the two squads of 5.

Awesome. I'll have to pick up another squad of them and 2 Repulsors, then I think my Howling Griffons army will be complete.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

bonds0097 posted:

Ah yeah, I see that for burning blade. That's potentially disappointing since thus far none of the Primaris models can take a Powerfist.

Remains to be seen. There is that captain with a powerfist and pistol from store birthdays already.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Shockeh posted:

I'd love a step by step ( Or just all kits involved) in making one!

It's like a talon and defiler bits. My buddy made them for me.

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

bonds0097 posted:

As in the CF storm bolter? It's got stats in the Imperium Index I under Kantor. Or is there another Dorn's Arrow?

I was thinking of The Spartean, which I see the stats on now. A 2-damage, AP-1 sniper Bolt Pistol. Neat.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Alright, just so I can finish workshopping my horrible Grapnel plan; how much impact does vertical range have in this edition, again? I imagine it impacts melee and movement range normally, but does it effect shooting?

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

Artum posted:

Remains to be seen. There is that captain with a powerfist and pistol from store birthdays already.

True enough. I'll be happy if they give the Primaris Captain the option even if the model didn't come with it, I'm happy to kitbash/convert.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Oh poo poo, looks like Primaris have a defense against Smite spam.

quote:

Psychic Fortress (auto pass Morale tests, and save against mortal wounds from psychic sources)

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

The Bee posted:

Alright, just so I can finish workshopping my horrible Grapnel plan; how much impact does vertical range have in this edition, again? I imagine it impacts melee and movement range normally, but does it effect shooting?

In order to target a unit they have to be in Range (p. 179) and distances are always measured base-to-base (p. 176). So yes.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

bonds0097 posted:

True enough. I'll be happy if they give the Primaris Captain the option even if the model didn't come with it, I'm happy to kitbash/convert.

Really I just hope theres substance to those rumours of a lieutenant kit that works like the current commander kit for making characters, After how much use I've gotten out of the sword lieutenant from dark imperium i'd love to get a power fist one.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

Artum posted:

Really I just hope theres substance to those rumours of a lieutenant kit that works like the current commander kit for making characters, After how much use I've gotten out of the sword lieutenant from dark imperium i'd love to get a power fist one.

That would be awesome.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

bonds0097 posted:

In order to target a unit they have to be in Range (p. 179) and distances are always measured base-to-base p. 176). So yes.

Okay, perfect. So wait for enemy ranged to press against large cover, like a wall or a hill. Then drop your Reivers there, in a position where they are both vertically and horizontally 9 inches away from the enemy. If possible, squeeze them somewhere that they can avoid eating Rapid Fire or Flamers in the process. Then charge, since your vertical movement is free. Suddenly a troupe of space Batmen is turn one elbow dropping the enemy as if this was a Macho Man impersonation contest.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Zuul the Cat posted:

Is that a Stratagem?

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

TKIY posted:

Is that a Stratagem?

Nah its one of the librarius powers.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Zuul the Cat posted:

I think you mean space marines. :colbert:

TKIY posted:

Is that a Stratagem?
It's a psychic power. You target a friendly ADEPTUS ASTARTES unit with 18" and they auto-pass morale checks and have a 4+ save against mortal wounds inflicted by psychic powers. Specifically.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Safety Factor posted:

I think you mean space marines. :colbert:

People still play with those scrunts?

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

TKIY posted:

Is that a Stratagem?

and specifically its a 4+ save against mortal wounds from psychic powers.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Zuul the Cat posted:

People still play with those scrunts?
Yes. :c00lbert:

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
So how bout that Heavy D6 S8/9 dreadnought plasma cannon

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

The Bee posted:

Okay, perfect. So wait for enemy ranged to press against large cover, like a wall or a hill. Then drop your Reivers there, in a position where they are both vertically and horizontally 9 inches away from the enemy. If possible, squeeze them somewhere that they can avoid eating Rapid Fire or Flamers in the process. Then charge, since your vertical movement is free. Suddenly a troupe of space Batmen is turn one elbow dropping the enemy as if this was a Macho Man impersonation contest.

Wait, is your thought that since you're 9" away diagonally at deployment but ignore vertical distances for moving that you would have a short charge on that first turn?

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
I love that giving the redemptor knees means it moves 8 inches instead of 6. Truly this is heretical technology.

e: It looks like assault centurions got a huge PL decrease, they're below index terminators.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jul 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Pendent posted:

Wait, is your thought that since you're 9" away diagonally at deployment but ignore vertical distances for moving that you would have a short charge on that first turn?

Yes. It flat-out says (i.e. moving vertically is free for these models.)