Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Anne Whateley posted:

(the pee hole is not the same as the sex hole)

they are if you're a dude

I dunno if it can lead to sterility in dudes either though and I'm still pretty sure they're not contagious

(e: just saw your edit)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Holy gently caress, we NEED some sort of follow-up to that cheating one. Wow.

gently caress that I want to hear about the Goon who can't piss good.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Guy who finds other people hard to take: become self employed, and do a job you can do solo: nothing reduces stress like not having to go to meetings, or being answerable to or in charge of other people. Also, get up in people's poo poo and be really confrontational if they have a lovely attitude, especially if it's nothing to do with you. Of course, I live in the UK, people here are a) pretty passive and b) mostly unarmed. If you live somewhere quicker on the trigger, you might need a different plan.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

loquacius posted:

I dunno if it can lead to sterility in dudes either though and I'm still pretty sure they're not contagious

It can if it's untreated and spreads in that direction and you fail a few saving rolls.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

curufinor posted:

Read more Herbert Simon and Gerd Gigerenzer
Second the Gigerenzer recommendation from this effortpost, robot goon. Satisficing is great.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

shut up bitch

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Anne Whateley posted:

UTIs are treated with super basic antibiotics that are like $5. If they aren't treated, it doesn't lead to infertility (the pee hole is not the same as the sex hole) as much as it goes to your kidneys, destroys them, and eventually kills you if your body can't fight it off.

e: I was thinking women, obv. If you're a guy I think worst-case it can be cured with surgery

This is a problem I (a guy) have, and I take an antibiotic every day as a prophylactic, plus another drug to loosen me up. I will probably need surgery again in the next few months (hey free month off work!). The worst is when the bacteria sneaks up the ureter into a kidney, as my prophylactic doesn't actually reach there, so then I have much terribleness. Kidney infections don't tend to show up on normal bacteriological tests either so quite often the docs make me wait until I'm super sick before they prescribe me new drugs that will actually help me. There's been a couple of infections where it's been resistant to all but one antibiotic as well, which is very dodgy.

So that's my life! Hopefully I will still have both kidneys in 5 years but I doubt it.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Cheating wife is fake. Who gets along so well with their work friends that they both know your wife by sight, would commiserate with you about a divorce, and would follow them around for you like an unpaid private eye?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

VanSandman posted:

Cheating wife is fake. Who gets along so well with their work friends that they both know your wife by sight, would commiserate with you about a divorce, and would follow them around for you like an unpaid private eye?

I've had work friends that could and would do this for me but not many

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

loquacius posted:

I've had work friends that could and would do this for me but not many

:same:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

One of my closest friends I met at work. If she saw someone I was with with someone else she may even go fight her unprompted.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

VanSandman posted:

looks like you need better friends, friend.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Yeah seriously. I'd do it for my work friends, too.

Also confessor. You write your daughter is a star and your boys are the light of your life. If that is true, making sure your soon to be ex will never see them again, as you plan, may be the worst thing you can do.
I guarantee your kids will suffer from this way more than you two adults.

Remember: if you deny the mother contact with her kids, you also deny your kids contact with their mom...

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
I usually take the cheating spouse stories at face value because 1) This thread serves as an outlet for anger and helps relieve your thirst for vengeance if you've been cheated on and 2) If the story is actually true then the confessor has an opportunity to vent and fantasize about how he or she is totally going to gently caress over the cheater. I'd much rather them get it off their chests in here, read what they wrote (and our responses to it), and think "holy crap maybe all those bad things are not a good idea after all! I sound like a psycho!"

Also, to answer the question "who has work friends who would do that," all you have to do is ask a work friend who's been cheated on before. poo poo, you probably don't even need to ask--we tend to band together in times of marital crisis :unsmith:

I'd sure as poo poo help even a work acquaintance because cheaters suck poo poo and deserve to be caught red-handed.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
The cheating wife got therapy but now the cucked angry husband needs therapy too

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

got any sevens posted:

The cheating wife got therapy but now the cucked angry husband needs therapy too

:frog: *makes a note for your file*

Interesting.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

got any sevens posted:

Needs more DrGetout

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Second the Gigerenzer recommendation from this effortpost, robot goon. Satisficing is great.

Kahnemann put a couple of disses to Gigerenzer in his fake Nobel (Nobel Economics) prize speech, which is great. Not many people get dissed in one of those

My boss in undergrad for my part time job, his advisor was Tversky, so lol

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

RFC2324 posted:

Needs more DrGetout

Dr GetOut is on my work computer unfortunately, lets say he chilled out with a nice cognac...

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

sneakyfrog posted:

Dr GetOut is on my work computer unfortunately, lets say he chilled out with a nice cognac...

Yoink

Thanks!

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
Piss problem goon, buy a dog, call it Ladybird, and stop being such a giblet head

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I usually take the cheating spouse stories at face value because 1) This thread serves as an outlet for anger and helps relieve your thirst for vengeance if you've been cheated on and 2) If the story is actually true then the confessor has an opportunity to vent and fantasize about how he or she is totally going to gently caress over the cheater. I'd much rather them get it off their chests in here, read what they wrote (and our responses to it), and think "holy crap maybe all those bad things are not a good idea after all! I sound like a psycho!"

This response was entirely too reasonable.

OhAreThey
Oct 12, 2012

I like your nurse's uniform, guy.
Transdad--don't worry, you only have to deal with your daughter one more year. They'll eventually leave and cut off all contact with you if they're smart and you'll have regrets and a hole in the heart for the rest of your life, which is actually more than you deserve.

Cheating Wife goon--pretty much the same as above; ruin your wife's life and your kids, especially the older ones will come to resent you for it. Then you'll have no kids AND no wife!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I got work enemy's who absolutely call me if they saw my wife cheating on me and send pictures just to hurt me while feigning pity.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

LingcodKilla posted:

I got work enemy's who absolutely call me if they saw my wife cheating on me and send pictures just to hurt me while feigning pity.

This is a thing at both workplaces, and fraternities (for you college goons).

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

LingcodKilla posted:

Lmao

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Cheating wife goon, you'll do nothing. Of course you know that which is why you sat on your phone getting updates while some guy hosed your wife instead of getting up and doing something about it. At this point just file an amicable divorce, sounds like she'll let you have the kids and house and she'll stay at the new guys place.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

tesilential posted:

Cheating wife goon, you'll do nothing. Of course you know that which is why you sat on your phone getting updates while some guy hosed your wife instead of getting up and doing something about it. At this point just file an amicable divorce, sounds like she'll let you have the kids and house and she'll stay at the new guys place.

:vince:

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

tesilential posted:

:aaa:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

tesilential posted:

Ha! This is fantastic.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

The best part is im sure the coworker was actually the guy bangin' his wife with a second buddy taking the pics.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Cheating wife goon, you should probably talk things over with your wife and possibly try couples counseling. Yeah, divorce is probably unavoidable. But you seem hell bent on revenge, and that'll just gently caress up your kids' lives. All three of them. You care about your kids, but trying to ruin their mom's life is just going to be extremely hard on them, even harder than a regular divorce would be. I know you're pissed at her (rightfully so), but you gotta think about what's best for the kids. I would recommend trying to calmly talk to your wife about things. Try to avoid a bigass argument, especially if the kids are home.

E: also keep in mind she likely is pretty unhappy in the marriage and would probably be willing to divorce, you likely don't need to go down the whole ruining lives thing. Get a peaceful divorce and do your best to make sure the kids get to see plenty of both of you. Your teenage daughter will want advice and guidance from her mom since puberty is a bitch, and your twins are only loving 4 years old and desperately need both parents in their lives during these developmental years.

CodfishCartographer fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Jul 22, 2017

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Would not have happened if the husband had a gun

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

VanSandman posted:

Somebody in my office went on a weird Facebook stalk of my girlfriend and even more bizarrely told me about it. I got her to lock that poo poo down PDQ after that.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

VanSandman posted:

It reads as pretty fake. Even trashy rear end bars wouldn't let you finger bang some chick in them that openly. Hell bartenders at those places live for opportunities to throw people out for that

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Aesop Poprock posted:

It reads as pretty fake. Even trashy rear end bars wouldn't let you finger bang some chick in them that openly. Hell bartenders at those places live for opportunities to throw people out for that

Lol. That's the most real part about the whole story.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

LingcodKilla posted:

Lol. That's the most real part about the whole story.

I don't think I've ever been to a dive bar where the pissed off bartenders don't relish kicking people's asses to the curb for any reason whatsoever

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Aesop Poprock posted:

Aesop Poprock posted:

I don't think I've ever been to a dive bar where the pissed off bartenders don't relish kicking people's asses to the curb for any reason whatsoever

lol, if the Blue Oyster Club has "DO NOT LET FINGERBLAST" written on a grimy polaroid of you.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Lol if they don't have one of you scrub rear end nerd boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

armchairyoda posted:

lol, if the Blue Oyster Club has "DO NOT LET FINGERBLAST" written on a grimy polaroid of you.

mods change my name to DO NOT LET FINGERBLAST pls