Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Is Mark Zito gay? (I never listened to R&F, no idea who he is)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Kevyn posted:

Is Mark Zito gay? (I never listened to R&F, no idea who he is)

I don't think so. Troy threatened to beat the dude up and called him a fag like 20 times on air so management had to do something. I think for a while after that Troy wasn't allowed to talk on mic for months.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyOr5OGSMhk

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
And Opie and Anthony were shocked and couldn't understand why Troy calling Zito "a dick sucking human being who likes penises" was considered hateful by management.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

TL posted:

And Opie and Anthony were shocked and couldn't understand why Troy calling Zito "a dick sucking human being who likes penises" was considered hateful by management.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

TL posted:

The part that got me more was when he said he wanted to beat Zito up, or something to that effect, because he was a 'dick-sucking human being'. There was definitely an air of a physical threat throughout the whole thing, so I never really bought it when they said it was just a bit or that it was just "words".

That said, the picture that brought this up seems recent, and I'm pretty sure that fight happened a while ago, so what gives?

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

All I can hear is Ant's mother-in-law voice going "Cheeeeeeestah! Cheeeeeestah! Where's Chestah?"

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Morter posted:

The part that got me more was when he said he wanted to beat Zito up, or something to that effect, because he was a 'dick-sucking human being'. There was definitely an air of a physical threat throughout the whole thing, so I never really bought it when they said it was just a bit or that it was just "words".

That said, the picture that brought this up seems recent, and I'm pretty sure that fight happened a while ago, so what gives?

Probably someone loving around.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Ant was in the studio today.

Jason is broadcasting from home and again, didn't bother testing the equipment before broadcast.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

No Butt Stuff posted:

Ant was in the studio today.

Jason is broadcasting from home and again, didn't bother testing the equipment before broadcast.

Ant coming into the building today makes Opie look pretty fishy, like somehow it was Opie preventing him from coming in this whole time.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Victorkm posted:

Ant coming into the building today makes Opie look pretty fishy, like somehow it was Opie preventing him from coming in this whole time.

Which show was Ant on?

And yeah, I thought he was banned for being violent. Apparently not?

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Which show was Ant on?

And yeah, I thought he was banned for being violent. Apparently not?

Jim and Sam

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

oh good lord sam is somehow more gross than jim

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Oh noble brogy. Overflowing with meaty wisdom and secret sauce.

No Butt Stuff posted:

oh good lord sam is somehow more gross than jim

It's more and more that yellow bastard everyday.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

He doesn't know what to do with his hair now that he's losing it and has landed on "pedophile teacher".

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Ant also teased an announcement of having signed a cohost for his show. I'm sure it's not Opie but I bet he got a lot of people's hopes up.

As much as I find Anthony to be a poo poo I kind of enjoyed him being back on there today.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Real talk: why would anyone want anything to do with Opie (in terms of fans who want the boys to be together again)? I'm not trying to stir a flame war (though I openly don't like him) but I don't know what exactly is marketable about him other than paying folks to be on his show.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Ant also teased an announcement of having signed a cohost for his show. I'm sure it's not Opie but I bet he got a lot of people's hopes up.

As much as I find Anthony to be a poo poo I kind of enjoyed him being back on there today.

I'm not sure if them re-uniting off platform would even work if they put their differences behind them unless they had Jimmy / the cadre of comedians he came up with, many of whom are too famous for even the official SiriumXM show at this point.

I mean I'd probably listen if it happened just for nostalgia and to see how it went, but I suspect it would fall apart in short order. Also I'm not giving money to a Nazi directly -- it was one thing when he was just a crank employed by this conglomerate with diverse viewpoints but lol otherwise.

Pakistani Brad Pitt fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jul 21, 2017

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

THEY WERE SNAZZY DRESSERS

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
so I haven't really listened to much of the O&A universe lately but with Opie getting the can and Ant showing up today back on Sirius, I got nostalgic, so for no reason here's some old Ron & Fez

nooooooooooo, wait....... it's Kenny Allen

how many 9 year olds can you fight

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hZ838aJlx0

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I hope Opie is right and they work out a deal where Ant gets to come on Jim and Sam from time to time. If he's not in every day he's less likely to go into politics and racism. The few minutes I heard today with him and Artie were very fun.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

TL posted:

I hope Opie is right and they work out a deal where Ant gets to come on Jim and Sam from time to time. If he's not in every day he's less likely to go into politics and racism. The few minutes I heard today with him and Artie were very fun.

They already said on the show that he can come back in whenever he wants.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

i can't imagine being this divorced from reality

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/ChipChipperson/status/888600735428030464
https://twitter.com/JimNorton/status/888601418898210819

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:siren:BRUTAL :iceburn: :supaburn: :siren:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozdseHVOLWQ

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Victorkm posted:

Jim and Sam

Oh surely you must be kid--

HOLY poo poo!! That's fairly awesome.

The Dave posted:

He doesn't know what to do with his hair now that he's losing it and has landed on "pedophile teacher".

Just shave it like Jim and he should be okay. Because he has no other choices.

TL posted:

I so want Ant and Jim back together. Skip the politics, just focus on the weird movie and TV poo poo mixed with childish humor. That works SO loving well.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

:drat:

I loving love Denny.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Fauxhawk Express posted:

:drat:

I loving love Denny.

Yeah, that was a long time coming. Remember how Opie used to think that being on Sirius XM counted as 'New York Market' and held it over everybody's heads in radio during Jocktober? That was always insufferable even if there was a little truth in it, but holy poo poo.

Good on Denny, he's always awesome.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

He treated Denny like a piece of poo poo. Denny is both better at radio and smarter than Opie.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

I'd take a hard drive of hits over making GBS threads on the beach any day

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

it's cute that he thinks the listeners of his show were still the Pests that would cancel upon his firing and not some schlub who listened because they had a free 6 months in their Toyota lease

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I finally listened to the Jim/Sam/Anthony/Artie show and goddamnit that was magnificent.

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.
yea it reminded me a bit of this gem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT1H-3L86jo

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

VikingSkull posted:

it's cute that he thinks the listeners of his show were still the Pests that would cancel upon his firing and not some schlub who listened because they had a free 6 months in their Toyota lease

I like how the whole video is the living example of 'sour grapes, no those grapes just weren't sweet and the people in the building who are still my friends tell me --' bullshit. Opie just can't stand that he has nobody backing him and his got tossed out for being a toxic nitwit and now probably will never work in radio again because the last thing the industry needs now is some disc jockey with a personality disorder.

You can do a lot of poo poo if you're friendly. But being a dick means they're just looking for reasons to ditch you and they will find them.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

An Enormous Boner posted:

He treated Denny like a piece of poo poo. Denny is both better at radio and smarter than Opie.

Opie always needed someone he saw as weaker than him that he could treat like poo poo as a 'joke'. Vos, Denny, and Erock always seemed like his prime targets.

Did Vos do Opie's show much?

Sankis fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Jul 24, 2017

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Chip is pretty much being used as a device to openly poo poo on Opie on the podacast now and it is great fun :)

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I like how the whole video is the living example of 'sour grapes, no those grapes just weren't sweet and the people in the building who are still my friends tell me --' bullshit. Opie just can't stand that he has nobody backing him and his got tossed out for being a toxic nitwit and now probably will never work in radio again because the last thing the industry needs now is some disc jockey with a personality disorder.

You can do a lot of poo poo if you're friendly. But being a dick means they're just looking for reasons to ditch you and they will find them.

The greatest thing is going to be when Opie realizes he's unemployable in traditional radio outside of spinning records at some local station with no syndication and he finally accepts Anthony's lowball offer. Ant is smart enough to know that a certain number of people will listen to a reformed O&A on his platform, and he's vindictive enough to use that as a vehicle to lord his position of power over Opie.

A normal person with a passion for the industry would just say "gently caress, I'm a millionaire and I can do this on a small scale for the love of the game" like some ex-pro athlete that coaches a high school team but Opie isn't normal and he's no doubt going to be taken advantage of somehow.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Niwrad posted:

This podcast would be great at like 30 minutes.

My group of friends has a hanger-on who is just like... the worst case of Fear Of Missing Out you've ever seen. Laugh at a joke within earshot of him, and he'll run over demanding to know what you're laughing at so he can laugh along too. Talk about a fun little app, and he's got to download it and you're going to show him how to use it. I mentioned Twitter, and he immediately created an account, followed me, and then most of the people I follow.

So the other night, we were talking about podcasts, and he of course wanted to know what we listen to. I told him about this really funny podcast with a WILD host who's always cracking jokes and playing pranks and stuff.

Haven't run into him since then, but I'm at least 95% sure he's listening to the Chip Chipperson Podacast, and taking the whole thing at face value and without a trace of irony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

"Can't wait for more announcements about how bad our show is being made in front of a hot-dog truck to 9 people". Holy poo poo, Jim.

Also, the first time Ant rang in to The Opie and Jim Show he was left on hold for 20 minutes and then hung up on without Jim even knowing he had called.

• Locked thread