Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Got Deuce's BSB, is it me or is she insanely loving good for timed content with the bard stuff (upcoming mini buffs) and a 30/30 entry coupled with an instant curaja command?

Definitely legend diving this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
So the end result of the KC2 bug is that the exploiters get to keep their outdated loot and the people who pulled on KC2 right prior to maintenance (did a normal pull before it broke, there can't be many of these fools) get 10 mythril as compensation.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
After I maxxed out Cloud's LS board I realized I also had enough to max out Vaan's and decided to do so. Just how much does his 2nd LM boost damage per status debuff and is it done per application or for every single debuff period? IE: Is full break just +1 for that LM's damage purposes or is it +4 since it hits 4 stats?

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

So the end result of the KC2 bug is that the exploiters get to keep their outdated loot and the people who pulled on KC2 right prior to maintenance (did a normal pull before it broke, there can't be many of these fools) get 10 mythril as compensation.

I knew I should've pulled for a shot at Greg's BSB. I was a couple mythril short on an alt account I never really play, but said alt account has Asylum and Shout (among other SBs) so if I could've gotten a SG on it it'd have been set for god knows how long.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Just started playing yesterday and got to 50 mythril. Which banner is it recommended I pull from for a 10+1?

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Candlelight Virgil posted:

Just started playing yesterday and got to 50 mythril. Which banner is it recommended I pull from for a 10+1?

If only you started two days ago. That glitch would've made for a perfectly good first banner.

I'm not sure there's any great banners for beginners right now. Pull on the Lucky Draw for sure and honestly this Type-0 banner probably has most of the basic fundamentals you'd need for a party--Good Medica, strong DPS, ATK/MAG boost, Last Stand, etc. It's just not a very common realm and I don't know anything about that game. I think some of the other upcoming banners are more niche towards veterans players looking to take their teams to the next level.

iamsosmrt fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jul 21, 2017

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

I'm just overjoyed that I finally got shout so I can finally bench Tyro for lots of fights and I am free to build teams more or less however I please, so I'd call it a W

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Evil Fluffy posted:

After I maxxed out Cloud's LS board I realized I also had enough to max out Vaan's and decided to do so. Just how much does his 2nd LM boost damage per status debuff and is it done per application or for every single debuff period? IE: Is full break just +1 for that LM's damage purposes or is it +4 since it hits 4 stats?

It's per stat broken, so Full Break is 4; 5 is the max if you add in MND break. The damage bonus is: Increases damage dealt by 5/10/15/20/30% if 1/2/3/4/5 of the target's stats are lowered.

Check Enlir's spreadsheet for useful info like this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16K1Zryyxrh7vdKVF1f7eRrUAOC5wuzvC3q2gFLch6LQ/edit?pli=1#gid=1881349203

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

decided to pull on the lucky draw a bit late

somehow I now have every relic for Agrias except her OSB, including an 8* Venetian Shield and 2 Kaiser Shields. It's a shame I'm only vaguely aware of who she is

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

is ultima worth crafting now if i never bothered and already have meltdown

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Schwartzcough posted:

I foolishly hadn't picked my free relic yet, and now the banner is gone. :smith: Even if they give out a random item from the selection it'll almost certainly be junk.

the free relic was junk anyways

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

1st AD posted:

The free relics came back and Oath Veil's not that bad if you have Wind Mages. With Alphinaud and Fujin it was a no brainer. Been using them to build up the Wind Chain for MDO farming. FFRKreeper's been paying off really well. I'm already up 21 MDOs or so since I've started yesterday.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Cowcaster posted:

It's a fine ability, if you want heavy non-elemental AoE. You'll miss out on elemental synergies and weakness hitting, but it'll work on everything.

I'd maybe hone Meltdown once at least, before moving on to Ultima.

Alternatively, just make one of the 6* summons instead, for your magic AoE needs.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

It competes with too many other useful abilities for orbs to ever be worth it, even with the upcoming buffs. It needs black, fire, and NE orbs, so that means its taking away from the ability to craft or hone Meltdown, Mug Bloodlust, Omega Drive, and Affliction Break.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

iamsosmrt posted:

The free relics came back and Oath Veil's not that bad if you have Wind Mages. With Alphinaud and Fujin it was a no brainer. Been using them to build up the Wind Chain for MDO farming. FFRKreeper's been paying off really well. I'm already up 21 MDOs or so since I've started yesterday.

I got 2x Oath Veil's on the 11-pull, as well as a bunch of shared SB's. I did get 3 Twin Lances though, and Maduin's Horn.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

The first 6* I honed was mug bloodlust, I use it way more than anything else

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I'm only getting Major Non-Elemental Orbs from T300 torment...

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Fister Roboto posted:

It competes with too many other useful abilities for orbs to ever be worth it, even with the upcoming buffs. It needs black, fire, and NE orbs, so that means its taking away from the ability to craft or hone Meltdown, Mug Bloodlust, Omega Drive, and Affliction Break.

At the same time, I have all of those at R2 and I don't think I'm going to be in a position to get R3 any time soon.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

And then there's my stupid self sitting over here with R2 Stitch in Time and R2 Aegis Strike. :downs:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i don't get crystals that often so the only 6* i've gotten the ability to hone has been snowspell strike which the thread talked me out of

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

iamsosmrt posted:

If only you started two days ago. That glitch would've made for a perfectly good first banner.

I'm not sure there's any great banners for beginners right now. Pull on the Lucky Draw for sure and honestly this Type-0 banner probably has most of the basic fundamentals you'd need for a party--Good Medica, strong DPS, ATK/MAG boost, Last Stand, etc. It's just not a very common realm and I don't know anything about that game. I think some of the other upcoming banners are more niche towards veterans players looking to take their teams to the next level.

Did the lucky pull, got this:

Any good?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Any good?

Congratulations, Rusty is gonna be your Grand High Shitkicker through most early/mid content.

More than anything else, it's an element-boosting burst on the same character as an Overstrike, which is generally the fast track to making GBS threads out damage.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I'm only getting Major Non-Elemental Orbs from T300 torment...

Some :effort: required, but if you're willing to use ffrkreeper, you can guarantee yourself only Major Darks. Their website is fairly straight forward with directions.

Any good?

That's a pretty good pull for sure. You will beast on any Fire-weak enemies and plus that OSB can hit 3 major weaknesses. First chance you get, unlock Steiner and level him up.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

i don't get crystals that often so the only 6* i've gotten the ability to hone has been snowspell strike which the thread talked me out of

Snowspell Strike is really good if you're going all-in on Bartz or Celes.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

Snowspell Strike is really good if you're going all-in on Bartz or Celes.

I think the argument is that if you have Celes Indomitable Blade or BSB2, you can keep fueling recharges on Snowspell Strike so you don't have to take it past R1

but if you get Bartz' USB and/or LMR when those come out in Global, then by all means hone that shiz

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
So after blowing my mythril on the KC2 bug, I've looked at the upcoming events to see what to save up for. Nothing really strikes my fancy.

Someone mentioned there was a 'fest' in September I should save up for? What is that and would saving two months of mythril be worth it?

Also how do you guys keep track of timing de/buffs that don't have graphical components?

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
How IS the Type-0 Banner, anyway? I've been thinking of pulling on it if the U+s kick my rear end, but it would be nice to know if they are actually good by itself, beyond just synergy for a series we wont see all that often.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Cosmic Afro posted:

How IS the Type-0 Banner, anyway? I've been thinking of pulling on it if the U+s kick my rear end, but it would be nice to know if they are actually good by itself, beyond just synergy for a series we wont see all that often.

Ace is a mage who, because of his burst, wants to be in the front (Fire BOM does more hits from the front row) and has a stack of spells: Black 5, White 4, Summon 5, and Celerity and Sharpshooter 5 for good measure as he throws stuff. I have no further experience with him.

Deuce's USB Hymn of Healing makes an excellent pick-me-up (instantly restore a large amount of HP to all allies, raise any KO'd allies and restore a moderate amount of their HP, and grant them a barrier that negates attack damage up to 30% of their max HP), her burst is a solid buff (ATK/MAG +30% to the party, restore a moderate amount of their HP, and grant Haste and Burst Mode to the user; commands are same as Y'shtola's) and she has the same 'doublecast white magic' Legend Materia that Y'shtola does, so she's a solid healer. She also gets Bard 5 if you're into that.

Nine I don't know a ton about either. He's a beefy dragoon whose second LM is +2% damage for each hit of a jump attack he's hit with, caps at 50%, doesn't time out. His burst is wind, the opener is jump-type damage (the commands are not, but one does more damage against targets vulnerable to wind - damage, not hits), and his LM-teaching item (IE, not something he learns from legend spheres) gives him '20% chance to Imperil Wind when doing Jump damage'. He's also got Combat 5. Seems like he'd be real good on a wind phys team and would probably love Cloud's USB as a roaming warrior.

Edit: Nine's Super is apparently party-wide +100% Defense for 25s plus Protect and Shell.

Prism fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jul 21, 2017

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

ceaselessfuture posted:

So after blowing my mythril on the KC2 bug, I've looked at the upcoming events to see what to save up for. Nothing really strikes my fancy.

Someone mentioned there was a 'fest' in September I should save up for? What is that and would saving two months of mythril be worth it?

Also how do you guys keep track of timing de/buffs that don't have graphical components?

If you want to maximize your best chances at good relics then yes, by all means you should save up for the next fest. Not sure if I can link to Reddit, but there's a thread there (/r/FFRecordKeeper) showing all the relics that came in the Japanese version. If you don't already have a bunch of the top BSBs now, it's a good chance to catch up since the worst relics on each banner is BSB with some new USBs headlining. There'll almost definitely be changes between the fest we get and the original Japanese one, but you can get a good sense of the quality of the banners.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

1st AD posted:

I use my fire armlet all the time, and now that the KC2 banner came back, it's a fire armlet+. Hooray.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Cosmic Afro posted:

Ace's USB is really baller, 10x ST Fire/Non with EnFire and Attack Hand EX Mode (MAG +30% and Quickcast) and a 100% chance to chase any abilities with 1-3 fire hits. Anything weak to fire is going to melt. Really good.
Ace's BSB is pretty cool, instant cast ST 8x Fire/Non with Party Phys Blink. CMD 1 is awkward in that it does 4x ST Fire/Non or 5x if Ace is in the frontlines (generally a bad idea for a mage) but his CMD2 is a +MAG/-RES bargain which is pretty cool. Pretty good.
Ace's SSB is decent, ST Non-Elemental damage + 40% Medica. It's cool.

Deuce's USB is on the lower end of medica USBs but is still pretty cool. Instant Curaga + 40% Raise + Stoneskin 30%. As usual, raise isn't the best thing ever but at least in this case the Stoneskin helps cover anyone revived until they get rebuffed. Pretty good.
Deuce's BSB is slightly unfortunate in that it's a Cura medica, but it offers ATK/MAG +30% as well on entry. CMD1 is Instant Curaja, CMD 2 is standard medica. Pretty good.
Deuce's SSB is cool if you have a medica from someone else. Last Stand + High Regen + Magic Blink is a good package. Pretty good (if you have a medica elsewhere, like Ace's SSB)

Nine's BSB is pretty standard. ST Damage + EnWind with CMD1 being an exploit that does bonus damage to weakness and CMD2 being an AoE exploit with +ATK/-DEF Bargain. Pretty good.
Nine's SSB is really good for physical heavy bosses. Protectga + Shellga + 100% DEF. If you've ever enjoyed the usage of Strago's Mighty Guard, this is the physical version. Really good, fight dependent.

EDIT: Apparently Deuce has become a top-tier healer choice in the JP meta, especially for magicite dungeons. I'll copy a snip from reddit for this.

Sandslice posted:

As an addendum:
Apparently, in light of her main-LM (w-cast: 35% White Magic) and natural full Bard access, Deuce is the healer of choice currently among Japanese players, particularly in speed-meta formats such as magicites.
Much of this actually hinges on Bard, with "Devil Song" and "Demon Song" providing short boosts to ATK or MAG (10s, +3 if Deuce has her relic-LM,) and in the case of magic, Allegro con Moto feeding plenty of short-charges to the other mages. Paired with her burst, she produces substantial gains in attackers' throughput by herself.
Something that may be worth considering for future-proofing, since Type-0 is not (yet) known to be a recurrent realm. Perhaps soon, but not yet.

YoshiOfYellow fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jul 21, 2017

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
So I can craft (and hone) Omega Drive to r2, but wouldn't be able to craft/hone anything else that uses those orbs. Considering I primarily run physical teams is there any reason I wouldn't want to do this? I can either give it to Cloud, or give it to Zack so he actually has a decent damage skill (unless I craft/hone quick hit I guess?) since I only have his SSB1 and CSB. Only other ability I'm considering honing at this time is Mug Bloodlust once it gets changed to a 2-hit skill.

Schwartzcough posted:

It's per stat broken, so Full Break is 4; 5 is the max if you add in MND break. The damage bonus is: Increases damage dealt by 5/10/15/20/30% if 1/2/3/4/5 of the target's stats are lowered.

Check Enlir's spreadsheet for useful info like this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16K1Zryyxrh7vdKVF1f7eRrUAOC5wuzvC3q2gFLch6LQ/edit?pli=1#gid=1881349203

That's not too bad. I don't have any pentabreaks which is unfortunate but even still, 20% is very nice.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
cloud omega driving with his usb and it proccing the 2x combat LM is nice

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Any good?

Steiner's BSB is really good right now, the CMD2 is 3.9 potency on a weakness. That makes it better than most 5* abilities and almost as good as some 6*. If you've also got a fire imperil on your team (he has an SSB for that) you're in business.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cosmic Afro posted:

Like the goons above have said, consensus is roughly "better than the WoFF stuff but not game-ruining to miss".

With regards to Deuce BSB, Demon and Devil Songs are incredibly unlikely to show up in any timely manner, given that we're getting close to their release date and haven't even gotten the Bard Motes for Allegro Con Moto, which was released a year before that (Global and Japan are two different games. Please understand.) so Deuce isn't as likely to be as much of a make-or-break deal. Even if it is, those of you with an Eiko with Guardian Mog have even less to worry about, because the only thing you're missing compared to Deuce BSB is the instant curaja commands with doubletap proc, and in turn you get a stronger medica, natural haste, and Last Stand.

If you need stuff, it's not a waste of mythril. If you have stuff, it's not gonna kill you to pass up.

ceaselessfuture posted:

Banner festivals come up once every three months; the one that Japan got around that time was based around the FF 30th Anniversary, which means it was a series of banners themed around the various "generations" of the series - a banner with FF1-3 stuff, then 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, and then 13-15. The relics on it were generally the absolute upper crust, on top of that; for example, it was Japan's first banner recurrence of Cloud USB and Lightning USB, along with featuring other top shelf stuff like Rosa's USB, Celes and Squall BSB2s, WoL's holy Chain, etc.

There'll likely be some relic replacement, but I figure the big chasers will be in place, and I doubt they'll drop the theme of the banners. Generally these are the best kinds of banners to save up for, if for no other reason than their rate ups are far more favorable - these banners in particular have 4 6* relics (USBs/CSBs) each and a whopping 10 BSBs.

There was a tiny banner festival before that at the same time the Magicite Dungeons opened up with three Elementally-themed banners (Fire/Earth, Wind/Water, and Ice/Lightning) before that, but I figure that'd be far less likely to show up.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jul 22, 2017

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

iamsosmrt posted:

Some :effort: required, but if you're willing to use ffrkreeper, you can guarantee yourself only Major Darks. Their website is fairly straight forward with directions.

This was kind of a pain to set up but it works wonderfully

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

KataraniSword posted:

Like the goons above have said, consensus is roughly "better than the WoFF stuff but not game-ruining to miss".

With regards to Deuce BSB, Demon and Devil Songs are incredibly unlikely to show up in any timely manner, given that we're getting close to their release date and haven't even gotten the Bard Motes for Allegro Con Moto, which was released a year before that (Global and Japan are two different games. Please understand.)

This dumb poo poo excuse of theirs would almost not be insulting if they actually did global exclusive stuff much, if at all. What was the last global thing we got, Tyro's Stormlance Grimoire?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
We got the exclusive 12 hour 11/11 banner

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Snazzy Frocks posted:

We got the exclusive 12 hour 11/11 banner

I'd rather get Japan's free 30 pull banner. :colbert:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

We also missed the fun Guaranteed 6* Single Pull. I was looking forward to that too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Evil Fluffy posted:

This dumb poo poo excuse of theirs would almost not be insulting if they actually did global exclusive stuff much, if at all. What was the last global thing we got, Tyro's Stormlance Grimoire?

And a few login bonus banners that don't make up for how generous JP is with the compensation.

That's like, the single thing that keeps me halfway interested in FFBE past the spritework - for as lovely as the gacha is, Gumi actually does a good job making the Global Exvius feel like a game based off the same core but with unique content of its own as opposed to just "the Japanese edition but worse".

• Locked thread