Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Guy Goodbody posted:

Splatoon 2 comes with a reversible cover.

Once again, buying physical is the superior choice

I have my Zelda cover reversed. It is pretty. My Splatoon 2 cover will no doubt also be pretty. ITS ALMOST TIME GO GO GO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Spla2n is really fun!

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I will never splat a Japanese gyro master

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If you're concerned about hand size or whatever, just get the official Pro Controller. It's nice and comfortable (I got the Splatoon-themed one today myself) and the buttons are much bigger than on the JoyCons.

I probably will either way, my kids will likely be using the joycons more than I do but their hands are probably small enough that it won't be an issue anytime soon. I'm actually more concerned with them breaking them or losing them in the couch or something.

Gunder posted:

Nintendo is so backwards. They make fantastic games, which is pretty hard to do, but mightily gently caress up their voice chat functionality, which should be way easier to do.

I mean, I guess doing it this way does mean I can just use the bluetooth earbuds I already use for voice chat, so that's cool. And if I give it some thought, offloading that functionality onto separate hardware isn't really a bad idea, unless you're one of those people that does all their regular gaming wearing headphones to listen to game audio.
To me, it's the part where putting matchmaking exclusively on a remote app just seems so weird. It would seem less weird if you could still do the same thing on your game screen, I think. And it would also be pretty cool if they used this concept to add optional second screen functionality to games, but that would probably require too much effort.

Why don't any consoles just let you connect a bluetooth device for audio, anyway? Is it expensive to license? I would think not, since you can get it in a lovely $10 phone nowadays, but I'm probably wrong.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I don't really care if the 4th player in Mario Kart has no rumble

You're the kind of monster that gives your friends MadCatz controllers, aren't you.

raditts fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jul 21, 2017

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

raditts posted:

Why don't any consoles just let you connect a bluetooth device for audio, anyway? Is it expensive to license? I would think not, since you can get it in a lovely $10 phone nowadays, but I'm probably wrong.

uh

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I assume this is the part where you tell me that I am oblivious to the fact that they do have it on xbone and/or ps4.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

oops i was wrong.

i thought it was supported but i guess you need weird dongles and poo poo

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Spla2n is so loving dope.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.
Is there a way to temporarily stop the pro controller from trying to connect to the Switch when a button is pushed? I'm trying to figure out how to pack it without draining the battery.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I fail to see how Splatoon 2 can be any good when it is in fact NOT Stardew Valley??

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

raditts posted:

You're the kind of monster that gives your friends MadCatz controllers, aren't you.

Not anymore!

acksplode
May 17, 2004

HyperPuma posted:

oops i was wrong.

i thought it was supported but i guess you need weird dongles and poo poo

PS3 let you use bluetooth headsets directly :<

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Max Peck posted:

Is there a way to temporarily stop the pro controller from trying to connect to the Switch when a button is pushed? I'm trying to figure out how to pack it without draining the battery.

Not that I've ever heard. flip side the battery is insane anyway

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I fail to see how Splatoon 2 can be any good when it is in fact NOT Stardew Valley??

You unlock a full playable version of Stardew Valley if you reach S+ Rank in Splatoon. Better get kraken (cracking).

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Stardew Valley is kind of a bad game.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

:yikes:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Zore posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpFdP5yATw0

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Picked up Splat2n at BB with my GCU.
It was nice paying $51 for a brand new game.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

it is a game where the mechanics endorse abusing adorable dinosaurs because the creator is incredibly lazy.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Stardew Valley, much like the Harvest Moon series of video games, hold no interest for me.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I don't wanna abuse dinosaurs :smith:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I hope this game gets ported to Switch for real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jlQbAKsLJc

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Great post/avatar combo

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Zore posted:

I didn't think it was bad, in fact, I thought it was kind of impressive considering the entire thing is the work of one person. But I think a lot of people in this thread are gonna be a little bummed out by it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I don't think it's better than the good classic Harvest Moons like 64 and Friends of Mineral Town but it easily blows away the last decade of that series.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Al Borland Corp. posted:

What he hell is this and why do so many people like it?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's a Dream Daddy dating sim. It's by the Game Grumps. The joke is that there is no joke, they just commissioned a quality dating sim be made in their names. It's not a genre parody or anything.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Al Borland Corp. posted:

It's a Dream Daddy dating sim. It's by the Game Grumps.

What is its stance on immigration and racial purity

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What is its stance on immigration and racial purity

It's post-JonTron Game Grumps. So they're chill.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

JonTron hasn't been in that group for like three or four years man.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Al Borland Corp. posted:

JonTron hasn't been in that group for like three or four years man.

so it's post-JonTron?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

How do i do a miiverse thing in splatoon?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

Connect your Twitter.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Real hurthling! posted:

Red Japanese style postal box near the weapon shop.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SeANMcBAY posted:

Red Japanese style postal box near the weapon shop.

Cool

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
About to get my first switch. Glass screen protector or no? Never really a screen protector guy but heard these can scratch unlike iPhones etc.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

It's worth it if you have the patience and dexterity to apply it correctly. Big plastic screen and the console has some weight so unless you're really dainty with it and buy a case, it'll get scratched. I didn't realize the screen was plastic until I got a nice little scratch in the corner :(

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

GoldfishStew posted:

About to get my first switch. Glass screen protector or no? Never really a screen protector guy but heard these can scratch unlike iPhones etc.

Get a screen protector, glass or no. The Switch's screen is plastic and it will pick up scratches.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
Thanks. Already ordered but wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Is there no single switch splatoon multiplayer? splitscreen etc?

• Locked thread