Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

TV Zombie posted:

have previous offseasons been as busy? There seems to be so much going on this year.

durant signing with the warriors was kind of a biggie and also a lot of this year's craziness is aftershocks from that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

:laffo:

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Get Ricky a ring and help Utah tank:
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ybm9exlz

Of course we need old man Johnson on the Cavs.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Cool Buff Man posted:

"Now go kick some rocks" is the least cool sounding way to say kick rocks

Kevin Love is a weirdo and almost always awkward but I still love him.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lockback posted:

He seems like a very likable dork. I based this on that Hot Ones episode

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
https://twitter.com/ovoshamar/status/888496947845369856

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Not sure why kyrie wants to bail and go to San Antonio when the Spurs are signing LeBron next year

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I bet Kyrie wanted to get traded on draft night but he had literally no GM to tell that to

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I saw this Q on twitter: Would you trade Pop straight up for LeBron?

I thought it was a joke but now since I learned you can actually do that...STILL NO

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

There's almost no chance monk will be better, but there's something so bland an unlikable about Kyrie, despite being incredibly skilled and talented. Monk seems a bit wild, I pushed Monk

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

GOing back to the Ilgauskus days
I want Lebron Boogie

Small is out
and big... it's in

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dejan Bimble posted:

There's almost no chance monk will be better, but there's something so bland an unlikable about Kyrie, despite being incredibly skilled and talented. Monk seems a bit wild, I pushed Monk

Monk or Fox? A fable

Dejan Bimble posted:

GOing back to the Ilgauskus days
I want Lebron Boogie

Small is out
and big... it's in

Yeah Lebron Boogie would be very fun to watch

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Kyrie on the Heat would be hilarious because Kyrie and Waiters hate each other.

Chris Broussard posted:

Irving called the meeting after the game, and every player spoke. When Waiters was given the floor, he criticized Thompson and Irving, accusing them of playing “buddy ball” and often refusing to pass to him. Thompson took umbrage with Waiters’ words and went back at him verbally. The two confronted each other, but teammates intervened before it could escalate into a fight.

However, Waiters and Irving are not close. Waiters believes the Cavaliers have a double standard when it comes to Irving, sources said. Waiters feels that while Irving is allowed to get away with loafing defensively, making turnovers and taking bad shots, he is taken out of games for such things. Waiters has shared his views with Brown and Grant.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Cool Buff Man posted:

Monk or Fox? A fable

Yeah Lebron Boogie would be very fun to watch

A foxy monk, a tale of a rogue in the clothe-- By Edwyyrd GRynshyrs

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dejan Bimble posted:

A foxy monk, a tale of a rogue in the clothe-- By Edwyyrd GRynshyrs

Lmao

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/keithsmithnba/status/888520329819295744

https://twitter.com/ScottHoward42/status/888523067638644738

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Strawberry Panda posted:

Kyrie on the Heat would be hilarious because Kyrie and Waiters hate each other.

History has vindicated Waiters on those concerns lol

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Lockback posted:

at least he was able to actually execute the dang stone cold beer celebration but kevin durant needed 20 people to surround him and explain what a beer is

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

There was a time I thought Dejan could be the missing piece for that early aughts Kings team and was dismayed why he never appeared to want to come over

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

https://twitter.com/Ethan_Booker/status/888496917897805824

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/888516321943719937

Sorry Bulls

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Kyrie for Wade let's do this

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

WhyteRyce posted:

Kyrie for Wade let's do this

Big three reunion.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Cool Buff Man posted:

Well now he can finally get Carmelo on the team and, uh, have more iso

https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status/888524825311928321

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
How much longer is Carmelo's contract? Because he sucks but Knicks first-rounders...

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

fleece the knicks again for olympic melo and 2 firsts

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Cavs ending up with New York lottery picks would be hysterical. Kyrie-Zingis is an awful core if Kristaps isn't every Knick fan's wet dream.

Cleveland should have sent him back to the Clippers from whence he came for CP3 but Morey had that inside action and scooped them

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

do the knicks have any more future first rounders

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Shear Modulus posted:

do the knicks have any more future first rounders

The future is long. Nothing ever ends

Especially not the stupidity of rich people

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

This should have happened last week so Gilbert and Dolan would have done some really stupid poo poo by trying to plan out a trade with no GMs involved.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

dan gilbert and james dolan were made for each other

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Two Hours after the Kyrie news leaked suddenly Begley has an inside scoop on what NY is willing to give up?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Boosh! posted:

Two Hours after the Kyrie news leaked suddenly Begley has an inside scoop on what NY is willing to give up?

Seems pretty reasonable to me

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Trade him to the Clippers but fly east to get there.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Forget Philly Lebron. Come to Toronto. Let Kyle do the point work. Tell Demar how to play modern NBA. Wreck rims, continue crushing the celtics and clown the East.

We're a dominion with a queen. We'll make her step aside and crown you the King of North.

Plus apparently you like Toronto restaurants and they got rid of Trump tower. Its perfect.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I can't imagine replacing Kyrie with Melo being anything but a downgrade. Maybe if the Cavs could get some picks back.....

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Cool Buff Man posted:

Seems pretty reasonable to me

Begley usually tweets a lot of "logical" front office moves but nothing has ever come to fruition. I don't think he has any sources.

Edit: on second thought, this is dumb. We just drafted a PG. Unless it's Melo and Frank.

Boosh! fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jul 22, 2017

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Sometimes I forget that Rick Fox owns an esports brand and then I get all happy when he turns up in pictures like these.

https://twitter.com/sonicfox5000/status/883508097477562368

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I am so tired of seeing Echo Fox appearing everywhere in fighting games, especially Tekken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Huh.

• Locked thread