Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

JVNO posted:

No amount of incumbency bias is going to save Trump, especially given how motivated anti-Trumpers will be come 2020. Not with his current approval trends. He'll needs a 9/11 level catastrophe that he manages to capitalize on at least as well as Bush.

Or maybe the Democrats choose Hillary to run in 2020 for 2016 Round 2. That could cost them the election I bet.

Remember when it was a sure thing that Hillary would win?

You would better off assuming Trump has a chance instead of falling into the exact same mindset that most people were in prior to November 8th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

http://www.nationallawjournal.com/id=1202793656625/Trump-Lawyer-Cobb-Describes-Role-Says-He-Took-Job-with-Rocks-in-My-Head-and-Steel-Balls

quote:

Ty Cobb, in his first interview since joining the team representing President Donald Trump related to the Russia investigation, explained why he agreed to work with the president and what he expects to do.
“My dad was a Navy fighter pilot and I grew up in rural Kansas,” Cobb said as he boarded a flight for his Charleston, South Carolina, home on Friday. “If the president asks you, you don’t say no. I have rocks in my head and steel balls.”
The White House initially reached out to Cobb, a Hogan Lovells partner, about the counsel position in early June. He was most attracted to the job because it was “an impossible task with a deadline,” he said. He then mentioned several other experiences he’s had in his career, which allowed him to work in public service as a prosecutor and as special trial counsel in an independent investigation of the Department of Housing and Urban Development in the ‘90s. Some even put him in a position where others threatened his life, he said.
Cobb clarified the role he’ll play in his newest appointment in the West Wing. News reports since last Friday have described him becoming everything from the president’s personal lawyer to his spokesman.
Cobb said that starting July 31, he’ll be “a simple government employee—not part of the personal legal team.” That white-collar team currently consists of John Dowd, Jay Sekulow and Marc Kasowitz. “Another fiction is the theory that I’ve taken all media stuff. I’m going to manage the message, but I’m not going on camera all the time,” Cobb said.
He’ll work closely with White House counsel Donald McGahn but will report directly to the president. Cobb won’t have the same type of attorney-client privilege that Trump shares with his personal white-collar lawyers outside the White House. Cobb wouldn’t respond to subpoenas sent directly to Trump, for instance, but he would respond as a lawyer who represents the office of the presidency.
Trump’s personal lawyers, such as Dowd and Sekulow, are currently fielding Washington-centric pieces of the investigation, Cobb said, including inquiries from special counsel Robert Mueller III and from Congress. Yet he added there’s “no reason to believe the president is under investigation.” Cobb said he wasn’t aware of any subpoenas sent to Trump.
“They’re in full cooperation mode and they’ve been directed to fully cooperate and get this over with as quickly as possible,” Cobb said.

This dude owns.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

FlamingLiberal posted:

There's no ironicat big enough

There is an emoticon of it where it slowly grows.

TBeats posted:

Remember when it was a sure thing that Hillary would win?

You would better off assuming Trump has a chance instead of falling into the exact same mindset that most people were in prior to November 8th.

Yeah, seconded. Maybe I worded it badly in my last post, but that's my point. Nothing is over till its over folks. That's a lesson people should have internalized in the last 2 years.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Covok posted:

Yeah, seconded. Maybe I worded it badly in my last post, but that's my point. Nothing is over till its over folks. That's a lesson people should have internalized in the last 2 years.

you especially

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/888530265118838784

:qq:

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Guy's a total gumball.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

See: Someone who can't take a joke.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

says the man who lied to the country on behalf of a baby fascist

gently caress sean spicer forever. i hope trump strangles him with an extension cord.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Oh boy

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/888532567309209600

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Didn't he try to act like he was laughing with them? Now he's all crying like a little baby?

But it's liberals who need safe spaces and are 'snowflakes'.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

skylined! posted:

gently caress sean spicer forever. i hope trump strangles him with an extension cord.

Donald would use one of his ties.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

skylined! posted:

Well I hope something happens to him that he wouldn't like.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

skylined! posted:

It's quite likely that Spicer will just fall down a manhole cover somewhere and never be reported missing

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret
Wapo atomic elbow!!!!!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Doesn't this implicate him at the same level of Jr. and Manafort?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Well that most certainly isn't a good thing for him to have done

Randbrick
Sep 28, 2002
Lmbo what is with these posturing manchildren? I grew up in a PLACE and my dad had a JOB, cause I'm hard, bad news...

That moochie putz literally said, "I grew up in a neighborhood..."

No content no meaning just a couple signifiers thrown out, or even less. These upper middle class white guys pretending like everyplace ever is loving Compton. "My dad had TWO HANDS and we had a house with a STREET. And lemme tell you we had a saying where I grew up, great arc words that defined out particular hard knuckle bramblescramble dipsy daisy motherfucking times "Thank god its Friday." Much love and Wegmans, og whitebread.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Who are you going to believe? The same intelligence community that supported the wars in Vietnam and Iraq or the word of an elderly citizen?

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

No more loopholes for Sesh

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Like Christmas in July.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

KickerOfMice posted:

"PIMP of the nation" No really, I am not making that up.

I don't think you know what that word actually means, Robert James Ritchie.

He's just being more honest about whoring out America than most politicians.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I haven't been able to keep up with real time happenings this week, but just told my daughter about the 3 week vacay. She looked at me quizzacally and said "but...what has he been doing?"

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
To pour a bit of cold water on the Sessions stuff: It's not exactly out of character for Russian Intelligence to spout bullshit when they expect we're listening. It's not known to be Kislyak's style, but it is exactly what I'd do if I were a foreign nation looking to weaken the integrity and create/highlight an appearance of corruption within the US government.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I really hope the wapo has the transcripts and are just waiting for sessions to lie about what was said.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Shame that he pissed off his vindictive rear end in a top hat boss who has the power to keep him out of prison

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

There's no doubt in my mind the Russians would be willing to backstab trump.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

highme posted:

I haven't been able to keep up with real time happenings this week, but just told my daughter about the 3 week vacay. She looked at me quizzacally and said "but...what has he been doing?"

Running away from investigations into your treason is a full time job, and very tiring.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Phew, thought we weren't getting a late Friday news drop.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/888535152330190849

100 accidentally omitted meetings on the clearance form, 77 accidentally omitted transactions... Man JKush is pretty forgetful

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Spaced God posted:

100 accidentally omitted meetings on the clearance form, 77 accidentally omitted transactions... Man JKush is pretty forgetful

He doesn't have time to keep track, what with all the peacemaking in the mideast

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Both the Post and WSJ making the best use of their Friday night bomb dropping.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
reminder that while sessions was perjuring himself this guy was making this face
<-

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Paracaidas posted:

To pour a bit of cold water on the Sessions stuff: It's not exactly out of character for Russian Intelligence to spout bullshit when they expect we're listening. It's not known to be Kislyak's style, but it is exactly what I'd do if I were a foreign nation looking to weaken the integrity and create/highlight an appearance of corruption within the US government.

Well, it's a good thing the current administration has built a strong reputation for honesty and credibility, and has avoided private meetings with untrustworthy figures who might make false claims about what was said!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
So that should flat out be a perjury charge, yeah?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Spaced God posted:

Man, I bet the WSJ is pissed that WaPo just dropped "Sessions colluding with Russians" to one-up their Friday afternoon news drop.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

I think its neat that we've replaced our government with a giant game of 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon, Russia Edition

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Spaced God posted:

He has been known to eat chili from time to time.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Randbrick posted:

Lmbo what is with these posturing manchildren? I grew up in a PLACE and my dad had a JOB, cause I'm hard, bad news...

That moochie putz literally said, "I grew up in a neighborhood..."

No content no meaning just a couple signifiers thrown out, or even less. These upper middle class white guys pretending like everyplace ever is loving Compton. "My dad had TWO HANDS and we had a house with a STREET. And lemme tell you we had a saying where I grew up, great arc words that defined out particular hard knuckle bramblescramble dipsy daisy motherfucking times "Thank god its Friday." Much love and Wegmans, og whitebread.

I dunno man I really love that his whole reason for taking this case is "I'm dumb and I loving love a challenge" like man, how can you fault someone for having that approach?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

:thunk:

You know, folks, I'm starting to have questions about whether this administration is entirely above board.

80s Guy is an amazing comms director, I hope his bonitis doesn't interfere with his job too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/Scaramucci/status/232349114979975168

• Locked thread