Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
They need some kind of final solution to this problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

lightpole posted:

Ah yes the "both sides bad" response to an extremely complex situation.

Nah sassy pants, it's more along the lines of shades of grey.

Dead Reckoning posted:

Remember, if your seizure of territory in an ethnic conflict was achieved before 1947, youre in the clear, but everything after that is a crime against humanity*

*sometimes but not always

Are we still talking about Israel/Palestinians?

Could be anything in life if you think about it.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Anyways, a couple days ago I posted about Ark Encounter selling their entire Ark and park to their ministry for $10, despite an $18 Million Tax Rebate

Welp, Kentucky caught on, and sent them a letter telling them they get no more rebates on taxes past the 28th of July. Especially as, on the Ark Encounter website, they highlight that its a for-profit venture, which is in violation of the ministrie's Non-Profit status.

I hope Kentucky goes after them hard. Also: A Judge in Sparta, TN has approved a program for inmates that gives them credit towards time serve on their jail sentences if they agree to sterilize themselves.

http://fusion.kinja.com/tennessee-inmates-are-being-offered-a-horrifying-choice-1797100263

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jul 21, 2017

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

psydude posted:

Wake up, sheeple!

This but unironically. Millionaire fucks don't give a poo poo about you regardless of the letter next to their name.

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jul 21, 2017

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

psydude posted:

Wake up, sheeple!

He's not wrong.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Crazycryodude posted:

This but unironically. Millionaire fucks don't give a poo poo about you regardless of the letter next to their name.

It's an unfeeling, uncaring world and everyone would stomp and spit on everyone else if they could get away with it.

Taxation is theft et el

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Source your quotes!!!

Alot of weak burns going on today, losing Spicey has been a national travesty we will not soon recover from. Lets not lapse into C-spam over it.

I for one am excited about a communications director who is willing to engage with your average white power ruskie on the tweet. Seems like despite his lofty lifestyle Scarammuci is willing to engage with botnet operators small and large through the sanitized medium of Twitter internet. Perhaps we can once again rest easy, comfortable in the knowledge that this Administration is ready to again shift gears and blithely wing things until the time on the clock inevitably winds down to 0.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

bird cooch posted:

There ain't any "good guys" In this situation.
There's oppressor and oppressee. That's all anyone who views human rights as universal really needs to know. Are the Palestinians angels? Nah, but we can hardly expect them to be given the nature of the Apartheid they are subjected to.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Cugel the Clever posted:

There's oppressor and oppressee. That's all anyone who views human rights as universal really needs to know. Are the Palestinians angels? Nah, but we can hardly expect them to be given the nature of the Apartheid they are subjected to.

Man, if only I was saying the things that you want to attack people for, you would be soooooioo happy.

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Source your quotes!!!

Alot of weak burns going on today, losing Spicey has been a national travesty we will not soon recover from. Lets not lapse into C-spam over it.

I for one am excited about a communications director who is willing to engage with your average white power ruskie on the tweet. Seems like despite his lofty lifestyle Scarammuci is willing to engage with botnet operators small and large through the sanitized medium of Twitter internet. Perhaps we can once again rest easy, comfortable in the knowledge that this Administration is ready to again shift gears and blithely wing things until the time on the clock inevitably winds down to 0.

More of a lazy paraphrase. But the replacement of spicy time with the 80s New York sleeze golum is fitting. The guy he's representing is a dirtbag elemental.

This is what America wanted.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

lightpole posted:

Yes, those Palestinians are terrible people and deserve this.

Well, yeah. They... are. And do!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
This conversation can only go wonderful and exciting places.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Well, yeah. They... are. And do!

drat Indians. Why can't they just be happy on the reservation.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I'll interrupt with healthcare bill news: Republicans hosed up again.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/7/21/16012950/senate-health-care-bill-byrd-rule-rulings

They hosed up with replacing the individual mandate, but the poetic justice is here:

quote:

Two provisions crucial for social conservatives, the defunding of Planned Parenthood and the restrictions on federal tax subsidies paying for health insurance that covers abortion, would also require 60 votes to overcome a filibuster and pass — and with no Democrats willing to vote for them, those provisions appear effectively dead. Without them, it could be even harder to win conservative support for the bill.

There have long been questions about whether changes to insurance regulations, like the waiting period, would comply with the rule. The Senate parliamentarian, Elizabeth MacDonough, appears to have sided with outside experts who believed they would not.

This was a parliamentarian check on a previous draft, so the bill likely needs MORE redrafting and it's not even a sure thing that the Cruz amendment bullshit is eligible for the 50-vote threshold too. That bill is a mess and they vote on it early next week.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

CommieGIR posted:

drat Indians. Why can't they just be happy on the reservation.

You would think that the blankets and whiskey would keep them happy.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Turn left thread!!!

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/888482564851335169

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Cugel the Clever posted:

:rolleyes:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

He's a performance artist. There's no other explanation.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

"This morning, President Trump brought eternal shame upon Dear Respected Comrade Kim Jong Un, Chairman of the Workers' Party of Korea, Chairman of the State Affairs Commission of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea and Supreme Commander of the Korean People's Army by shooting a 16-stroke round at Mar-A-Lago."

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Shouldn't I/P stuff go in probation Honeypot thread with cop shooting and gun rights discussions?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

This guy just screams scammer / multi-level Marketing spokesperson.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_and_the_apartheid_analogy

quote:

In 2015 Meir Dagan, a former head of Israel's intelligence agency Mossad, said a continuation of prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu's policies would result in an Israel that is either a binational state or an apartheid state.

I mean, this is a Mossad head saying that.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Shouldn't I/P stuff go in probation Honeypot thread with cop shooting and gun rights discussions?

It's perhaps even more of a 'turn off brain, fling poo' trigger than the others.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
On one hand, The Jews! And on the other, Arabs!
Throw in politics, war, money and religion and you have a purpose built party/family holiday topic.

I'm sure you could Michael Bay it up and shoehorn in some sex too. Just for spice.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

bird cooch posted:

On one hand, The Jews! And on the other, Arabs!
Throw in politics, war, money and religion and you have a purpose built party/family holiday topic.

I'm sure you could Michael Bay it up and shoehorn in some sex too. Just for spice.

There is no more spice.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/888532567309209600

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Lying?!? Well I never. Come to think of it, this kind of collusion and coordination would be a real issue if any Super PACs were involved. Luckily it was just Mother Russia

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

psydude posted:

There is no more spice.

Ya boy J Kush is on the case!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
The timing on this is pure coincidence I'm sure

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/888535152330190849

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I/P goes in the honeypot thread. I'm probating the next poster who brings the I/P discussion up in the CE thread.

gently caress.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

At this point I really think Putin and the Intel community are, in their warped way, teaming up to Eiffel Tower Trump. Article says it was intercepted when Kislyak talked about it with other Russian officials. I don't for a single, solitary nanosecond believe he wouldn't have known that every last word of that conversation would have been recorded and that's not the kind of thing that would be done without permission.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

bird food bathtub posted:

At this point I really think Putin and the Intel community are, in their warped way, teaming up to Eiffel Tower Trump. Article says it was intercepted when Kislyak talked about it with other Russian officials. I don't for a single, solitary nanosecond believe he wouldn't have known that every last word of that conversation would have been recorded and that's not the kind of thing that would be done without permission.

I had the same impression. Obviously Trump is balls deep with Russian involvement in his finances and campaign, but I think their primary objective was at minimum to undermine our confidence in our elections and institutions. Kislyak had to have known. His communications were being analyzed, and having him on intercept talking about Sessions' intense need to see the Piss Tape or whatever just adds more to that narrative even if that's not exactly what transpired.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://twitter.com/cnnpolitics/status/888541879259627520

Noooooo my public theaterrrrrrrr

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Isn't putin on record as saying his whole goal was to destabilize the states? He's succeeding in loving spades.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

If we're defining everything through the eyes of Trump, isn't this basically an admission of guilt?

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

bird food bathtub posted:

Not exactly.

The IC wants to take Trump in a prison style gang bang.

Russia is a bit different. They invested a lot of time and resources to get Trump in power and expected a return on it by now. Pootie is running out of patients and is starting to put screws to the admin. But the Soviets don't want him out of power until they get sanctions lifted and their ops compound back.

The IC leak is straight from the White House and an attempt to further poo poo on Sessions so he quits.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

TBH if nothing comes of this other than Sessions resigning, I'll be satisfied.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

You can't say that anymore grandpa

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/888539752722563072

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Genocide Tendency posted:

Not exactly.

The IC wants to take Trump in a prison style gang bang.

Russia is a bit different. They invested a lot of time and resources to get Trump in power and expected a return on it by now. Pootie is running out of patients and is starting to put screws to the admin. But the Soviets don't want him out of power until they get sanctions lifted and their ops compound back.

The IC leak is straight from the White House and an attempt to further poo poo on Sessions so he quits.

The primary Russian goal is the destabilization and deligtimization of American democracy and institutions.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

"I don't want anything to do with this."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Killing Americans - " eh "

Killing Australians - "I quit"

• Locked thread