Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

cvnvcnv posted:

Beta receiving an update right now.

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/888429287522484224

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
All I want to do is shootmans.

Actually I hope that the strikes have as much effort put into them as Inverted Spire.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

The Meat Dimension posted:

All I want to do is shootmans.

Actually I hope that the strikes have as much effort put into them as Inverted Spire.

Yeah, if the game ships with a half-dozen strikes all of which are that long and involved, I'll be happy. Especially if they have variant encounters, which Inverted Spire doesn't appear to (at least in the beta).

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Are we playing the same beta? The strike is...bad.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Are we playing the same beta? The strike is...bad.

Yeah. Just because it's long doesn't make it good. Floor is lava and floor disappears are poo poo garbage mechanics, even the weakest Taken King strike was more interesting.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The game could come with a sex slave and you'd still be mad it's not as good as D1.

You're still gonna put 2000 hours into it.

(destiny 2, not the sex slave)

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
I think the strike is a slog because of the weapons and being used to a PVE burn since RoI, but I like the four tier boss fight even if the last portion is the only one that takes effort. It does feel like you're taking a ride on a rail shooter the second time through because supers and all that charge slow now.

It is a bit long but if you're faster then the pubbies you can turn them into gifs.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I thought it was fine but I'm not an aspie with strange impossible standards so ymmv?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the strike will be fine especially once pve damage is tweaked. but i see tons of people finish the strike with single digit precision kills when you should have like 50 so no wonder people think damage is low.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
help im dumping my smg clips at enemies from across the map and this bullshit strike takes forever

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
It felt like a destiny strike to me not significantly improved or anything basically what I expected. The lack of feeling powerful I think comes from not having T5/4 disc and T5/4 int plus exotics and your favorite guns.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

xzzy posted:

The game could come with a sex slave and you'd still be mad it's not as good as D1.

You're still gonna put 2000 hours into it.

(destiny 2, not the sex slave)

2000 hours at 30 seconds per time goons are either gonna die from exhaustion, give up, or get buff. The most likely answer is the slave doesn't compare to your mom so yeah.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

My only complaint is the sense of scale is so huge now, all the weapons feel piddley at anything longer than medium range, sniper rifles included.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Keep in mind youre 10 power levels under levelled for the strike as well.

Also I have it on pretty good authority destiny 2 beta is running on the d1 server system and hasnt switched to the new hotness they've been working on. So the tick rate and lag issues will not be as bad at launch.

Also lol how quickly a four man can run over a team. Couple of thing I've found. People wont peek a lane you're firing down so you can spray down a lane someone is hiding in if you're weak and need to heal.

A little extra speed goes a long way especially for pushing weakened enemies or surviving by grabbing cover. 5 4 4 is better than having full recovery or armor.

Also smg/ar combo is real good for running in a 4 man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWj4WFAWC9c

Only competitive games I played last night were against a 4 stack in competitive, all guys I know and we won 6-4 Both times and when my 4 became a 2 against a 3 man team of extremely passive but decent players.

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It's because mega sweaty chuds get really mad when they are killed by supers, as in D1 even lovely players can always get a kill or 2 with them. These players have bitched and moaned enough about this that the crucible team somehow got it in their heads that supers aren't fair or something.

No items Fox only Final Destination

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Shaxx showing up with a raze lighter gives me hope my beloved bolt caster will return to Destiny 2

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I still need a dork dunker

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
[cabal destroy every gaurdian's stash]
[...Shaxx's stash untouched]
[WHY THE gently caress DO YOU HAVE MY SWORD?! WHERE'S MY STUFF?!]

:negative:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I thought it was fine but I'm not an aspie with strange impossible standards so ymmv?

My standards are: destiny 1, but nicer

This is: destiny 1, but bad

They can still fix it obviously, but man I disagree with the direction they are going and the philosophy they have espoused in interviews and press stuff.

Not saying I ain't 'tismatic tho

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Finally got around to playing the strike yesterday and my power went out on the last phase of the boss lol. I liked the man cannons, the drill, and the bit where you see how much the Cabal gently caress poo poo up since Mars looked basically untouched.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

To be fair, you only see a postage stamp size of mars in the game.

All the destiny "open world" areas are like 2 square miles tops.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Destiny 2: everything that's good is changing and everything that is bad is not changing

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Playing the beta! I start at level 20 does that mean it read anything or does everyone?

My first thoughts were, in order:

Oh no the Cabal!
Thanks for nothing Rasputin you shithead
Rip Dinklebot Prime

It's good to be playing Destiny again.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

RBA Starblade posted:

Playing the beta! I start at level 20 does that mean it read anything or does everyone?

My first thoughts were, in order:

Oh no the Cabal!
Thanks for nothing Rasputin you shithead
Rip Dinklebot Prime

It's good to be playing Destiny again.

Ya it definitely read

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

My standards are: destiny 1, but nicer

This is: destiny 1, but bad

They can still fix it obviously, but man I disagree with the direction they are going and the philosophy they have espoused in interviews and press stuff.

Not saying I ain't 'tismatic tho

List of poo poo that made destiny 1 aids:
Terrible servers - changing
Grenades being used before every gun fight - changing
Stacked teams aping with shotguns and crutch melee's then super chaining - changing
Perk synergy across multiple subclasses that made it an ability simulator - changing
oval office's camping with heavy - changing
oval office's getting multiple free kills by running rockets - changing
slow as gently caress match making because of super rigid skill gating and multiple play lists - changing
terrible weapon balance for months at a time - changing
Very few ways (in some cases, any) - to take someone in a roaming super down and survive - changing
Support for old consoles that caused issues with moving the game forward - changing

I'm not saying I was some e-bushido cock sucker that never strapped on a last word or used hammers when it was OP as gently caress. But having said that I like not being locked into HAVING to use a load out to even compete, not having to eat a constant chain of bullshit because there's so many ways around gunfighting is a major improvement. I think it's a given that cool downs are going to get an adjustment at this point, since the feed back has been 90% "this needs to be adjusted". Outside of that - the guns and movement after getting used to them for a few days feel fine, the shooting and gun fights are good and will get better when they switch to the new server model.

That said there's never going to be a return to the old way of destiny where it was a an unbalanced chaos at times, CoD is dying as a competitive game and Activision need a new "competitive" IP to push. Destiny was probably the most consistently streamed console of the past few years and still had high numbers for what will be 3 years. That doesn't go unnoticed and it was obvious d1 was never going to be able to be used for any kind of proper ranked competitive play. I'm willing to bet that by the time the first expansion is announced there will be ranked games and tourney functionality that's going to be coupled with an MLG event to go with it.

I have my moments of frustration but with a few tweaks, a full slate of maps and modes and different weapon and armor builds that can add some synergy it'll play well.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

el B posted:

Ya it definitely read

Thanks I appreciate it, bone krewman

Rally barricade kind of sucks.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jul 22, 2017

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Here's my incredibly effort post Destiny 2 thoughts:

I don't care for the Warlock's healing ward skill. It seems like no matter what you do - can't get people to use them, so you're just solo healing most of the time. I miss my survivability of energy shield and a self rez.

Guns feel good like they always do.

The strike might be too long / too complicated for pubbies. Killing the boss was a slog because people couldn't pick up simple mechanics like: don't stand on the hot lava floor. Also a jumping puzzle early on. People still can't do jumping puzzles for some reason. Desiny 2 should be commended for continuing the trend of all Vex strikes being poo poo, though.

The story mission was nice and long.

I wish the design aesthetic would change a little bit. Kind of tired of AR-15s in space.

I'll probably still play it because its Destiny but whatever.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Harlock posted:

Here's my incredibly effort post Destiny 2 thoughts:

I don't care for the Warlock's healing ward skill. It seems like no matter what you do - can't get people to use them, so you're just solo healing most of the time. I miss my survivability of energy shield and a self rez.

Guns feel good like they always do.

The strike might be too long / too complicated for pubbies. Killing the boss was a slog because people couldn't pick up simple mechanics like: don't stand on the hot lava floor. Also a jumping puzzle early on. People still can't do jumping puzzles for some reason. Desiny 2 should be commended for continuing the trend of all Vex strikes being poo poo, though.

The story mission was nice and long.

I wish the design aesthetic would change a little bit. Kind of tired of AR-15s in space.

I'll probably still play it because its Destiny but whatever.

Lol "jumping puzzle" hold x and then jump across several stationary platforms. What kind of mouth breather are you matching with?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

DrNutt posted:

Lol "jumping puzzle" hold x and then jump across several stationary platforms. What kind of mouth breather are you matching with?
I dunno man, really bad ones.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Shoulder Charge being a cooldown sucks.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

My only problem with Shoulder Charge is that I'm gay (in the bad, idiot trash way) and sometimes either whiff it or wing them in the shoulder and I somehow can't turn around fast enough with my garbage sensitivity to get the follow-up punch and get punched to death.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Having finished the singleplayer stuff, yep, it's Destiny. I'm still probably getting the pc version but I might wait a bit because the classes don't feel as good to me, at least as a Titan.

quote:

My only problem with Shoulder Charge is that I'm gay (in the bad, idiot trash way) and sometimes either whiff it or wing them in the shoulder and I somehow can't turn around fast enough with my garbage sensitivity to get the follow-up punch and get punched to death.

Just about all I did in the Crucible in 1 was shoulder charge everywhere and occasionally take a potshot with a shotgun. :v:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

BlindSite posted:

List of poo poo that made destiny 1 aids:
Terrible servers - changing
Grenades being used before every gun fight - changing
Stacked teams aping with shotguns and crutch melee's then super chaining - changing
Perk synergy across multiple subclasses that made it an ability simulator - changing
oval office's camping with heavy - changing
oval office's getting multiple free kills by running rockets - changing
slow as gently caress match making because of super rigid skill gating and multiple play lists - changing
terrible weapon balance for months at a time - changing
Very few ways (in some cases, any) - to take someone in a roaming super down and survive - changing
Support for old consoles that caused issues with moving the game forward - changing

I'm not saying I was some e-bushido cock sucker that never strapped on a last word or used hammers when it was OP as gently caress. But having said that I like not being locked into HAVING to use a load out to even compete, not having to eat a constant chain of bullshit because there's so many ways around gunfighting is a major improvement. I think it's a given that cool downs are going to get an adjustment at this point, since the feed back has been 90% "this needs to be adjusted". Outside of that - the guns and movement after getting used to them for a few days feel fine, the shooting and gun fights are good and will get better when they switch to the new server model.

That said there's never going to be a return to the old way of destiny where it was a an unbalanced chaos at times, CoD is dying as a competitive game and Activision need a new "competitive" IP to push. Destiny was probably the most consistently streamed console of the past few years and still had high numbers for what will be 3 years. That doesn't go unnoticed and it was obvious d1 was never going to be able to be used for any kind of proper ranked competitive play. I'm willing to bet that by the time the first expansion is announced there will be ranked games and tourney functionality that's going to be coupled with an MLG event to go with it.

I have my moments of frustration but with a few tweaks, a full slate of maps and modes and different weapon and armor builds that can add some synergy it'll play well.

[Extremely 343 studios voice] sounds like a good approach, let's ship it

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
It's okay to like or dislike the beta as long as you realize you can't argue anyone into feeling the same way as you.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

[Extremely 343 studios voice] sounds like a good approach, let's ship it

lol, it's a Beta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Idgaf about mara, where's Petra though? And variks. For... Reasons