Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

It didn't help that Visicsachi was constantly trying to trade with Phaxi even though every single time he did the Galio took absolutely zero damage and Rumble got ripped apart.

E: ITS KAYN TIME BABY!

njsykora fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jul 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

alright, here's my draft plan: we're going to pick the jungler that is insanely weak as poo poo for like 15 minutes and then 100% give up kalista

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

We're approaching 20 minutes and Kayn still hasn't transformed.

edit: he managed to transform just in time to int into kalista

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

If Sejuani gets rolling there's just no way in hell to get past the amount of CC she just shits out.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I want to see the damage graphs. I'm betting Kayn's sitting at somewhere between 9k-12k.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

So apparently the hard counter to Kayn is just picking mostly ranged champs so he has to wait an extra 3 minutes for the form that isn't dogshit rear end. Apparently Pridestalker had the assassin transform around 15 minutes but had to wait because assassin form is useless.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

njsykora posted:

So apparently the hard counter to Kayn is just picking mostly ranged champs so he has to wait an extra 3 minutes for the form that isn't dogshit rear end. Apparently Pridestalker had the assassin transform around 15 minutes but had to wait because assassin form is useless.

The game was over by 15 minutes, anyways. I feel like Kayn's one of those champions where you have to be at a savant level to make him work in professional play, because he just does absolute garbage damage early and depends on there being easily gankable lanes for him to get rolling.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Exileh's been ganked twice by Warwick after playing ridiculously, dangerously far up and comes back with zero Control Wards. Come on, dude.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Vermain posted:

Exileh's been ganked twice by Warwick after playing ridiculously, dangerously far up and comes back with zero Control Wards. Come on, dude.

Exileh is bad.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

phaxi teleporting in with 2/3rds HP and 100 mana is quite a decision

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

These fights are loving intense.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

This game is just nonstop clown fiestas.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
Is SKT just playing poorly or do they have a problem adjusting to the current patch?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

They're playing badly.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
is the 6.14 that they're playing on have the duskblade hotfix?

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

Exileh is bad in lane.

Fixed.

He is godly in teamfights.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWoVbjlsSwI

Lord Ambition is so loving good. I agree with Zirene: that's the absolute best Glacial Prison I've ever seen.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Vermain posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWoVbjlsSwI

Lord Ambition is so loving good. I agree with Zirene: that's the absolute best Glacial Prison I've ever seen.

I have landed some sick Sej ults but that was another level, the timing and spacing were just incredible.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Ya that ult kinda might be glossed over but the loving time was perfect. I seen so many pros miss skillshots/cc into zhonyas because they mistime.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Kayn and Janna making an appearance in the NA LCS. What a weird loving patch.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Maokai saplings providing a super leash for Kayn in the jungle is an insane opening boost, Contractz was ganking top before 4 minutes.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
The Contractz show tonight

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

C9 are lucker dogs just fyi

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

That was nice stalling into Taric ultimate from P1. Maybe C9 should have called off the dive at that point though.

Ha. C9 does a much better turret dive after that. Probably one of the most devastating Flays ever done in NA.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jul 22, 2017

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

That double bounce play at P1's inner was really kinda funny.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

P1 has a drat good team fight, especially considering how badly they got clowned during the early game.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Hypocrisy posted:

P1 has a drat good team fight, especially considering how badly they got clowned during the early game.

A 4+ man Taric ultimate is one of the most terrifying things in the game.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Vermain posted:

A 4+ man Taric ultimate is one of the most terrifying things in the game.

Yeah. Xpecial is way too competent on Taric for C9 to make a comeback short of a massive misplay from P1.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

that maokai ult + taric ult + sivir ult rushdown combo is legit insane and i wouldn't be surprised to see people running it at worlds

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Honestly, the more this game goes on, the more I'm genuinely impressed by how well thought out this comp is. You hard win any teamfight you choose to engage on, you can have Kassadin move in to slow or pick off stragglers, and Cho pretty much guarantees Baron if you get 2+ picks.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Jhin is an exceptionally bad pick (especially with that build) against Cho and Maokai and Reapered is an idiot for taking it

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Yeah but that early game was real, real bad.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Vermain posted:

Honestly, the more this game goes on, the more I'm genuinely impressed by how well thought out this comp is. You hard win any teamfight you choose to engage on, you can have Kassadin move in to slow or pick off stragglers, and Cho pretty much guarantees Baron if you get 2+ picks.

And Taric basically shits out heals and completely cancels out much of the early burst damage.

Hypocrisy posted:

That P1's early game was as bad as it was, and that game still ended up looking like a complete stomp says a lot about the comp they ran.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Ah the good old sivir deathball, just like old times. As a dirty Mao picker, he's really gross right now and Cho is just as disgusting. Giving those two away in pick/ban was just a bad idea. They neuter a lot of the other strong stuff in the game.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Hypocrisy posted:

I think it's proof positive that this comp is incredibly good when P1 can be so far behind in the early game, then pump the pedal once and roar out of the gate. C9 legitimately had no answer to it.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Cho being p/b is some good poo poo, to me

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
The fight at top inhib turret just showed how powerful the comp is. They just walked face first into C9 at the turret with gold roughly even and still won the fight and took the turret. It was only thanks to a slick play by Contractz that C9 even got an answer kill at all.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

And P1 immediately gives up the Maokai/Kayn combo in game 3.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

henkman posted:

Cho being p/b is some good poo poo, to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
p1....

:cripes:

• Locked thread