Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

poor life choice posted:

An artist where that isn't this clear line between the creator and their output.
This really creeps me out sometimes. It *feels* like Griffin's this dude who I know, who I've sat around with the family, burped the baby, asked him to tell that one story about the bag of forgotten Fritos. But of course I don't; he doesn't know me from a dashboard hula-hoop dancer. The world is full of people who have this gut feeling that they really know [insert your McElroy of choice, including spouses and children], and actually they don't know any of us at all. The asymmetry is weird.

It's got to be weird having people pal up to you and call you by your childhood nickname because they've heard your brother use it a thousand times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
^^^Glad it's not just me.

Judge Schnoopy posted:

I was most def talking about Let's Go to Hell and not Car Boys.

Yep! Sorry, was cribbing your comments about one to use for the other.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

...and then it gets surreal and meta when you hear Griffin and Rachel on Rose Buddies have the same conversation about their familiarly with the people on The Bachelor shows :catdrugs:

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I definitely can't think of any other podcast where I've seen a video of one of the hosts as a baby climbing into a picnic basket. That's an uncomfortable level of familiarity.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Totally agree with all the above, good to hear I'm not alone.

On the topic of Griffin, has anybody in this thread checked out the story he wrote for the Star Wars anthology? I heard him mention it on a podcast or two and honestly wasn't even sure if it was a goof or not, but a quick Google shows that it's real and it's out there. http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-from-a-certain-point-of-view-anthology-book-celebrates-40-years-of-a-galaxy-far-far-away

Any first hand reviews? Would a non Star Wars extended universe fan get anything out of it?

Also, who the hell knew Griffin was that much of a Star Wars fan, or even that he was interested in writing short stories? I mean, speaking of knowing everything about the man, I had no idea that was a space he was even interested in.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
gently caress man I can't possibly imagine being Griffin. One day your brother calls up and says they're all locked in for a 6 episode tv show. His agent leaves a voicemail confirming the date he's going to be on @midnight. Forbes sends him an email asking for a bio for his 30 under 30 media luminary spot. He opens a letter from lucasfilms saying his story will be included in the 40 year anniversary star wars extended universe book. Dreamworks calls to schedule recording studio time for Trolls 2.

What a loving whirlwind, yo.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Good good success boy

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Kenny Logins posted:

The Bidiots stream was kind of fatally flawed because the game has an announcer that is not really necessary to include, but they included it anyway.

The topics they got randomly also had a bit too much overlap but not much you can do about that. Griffin's snatching defeat from the jaws of victory was pretty funny as a capper at least.

The only Polygon Bidiots video I can find is one that doesn't involve Griffin. Where are you seeing this?

Judge Schnoopy posted:

gently caress man I can't possibly imagine being Griffin. One day your brother calls up and says they're all locked in for a 6 episode tv show. His agent leaves a voicemail confirming the date he's going to be on @midnight. Forbes sends him an email asking for a bio for his 30 under 30 media luminary spot. He opens a letter from lucasfilms saying his story will be included in the 40 year anniversary star wars extended universe book. Dreamworks calls to schedule recording studio time for Trolls 2.

Remember when Scott Bakula made a video congratulating him and Rachel on their pregnancy, and offering to Quantum Leap into her body and deliver the baby for her? That must have been a trip.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

timp posted:

On the topic of Griffin, has anybody in this thread checked out the story he wrote for the Star Wars anthology? I heard him mention it on a podcast or two and honestly wasn't even sure if it was a goof or not, but a quick Google shows that it's real and it's out there. http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-from-a-certain-point-of-view-anthology-book-celebrates-40-years-of-a-galaxy-far-far-away

Any first hand reviews? Would a non Star Wars extended universe fan get anything out of it?

It's not out until October.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Inzombiac posted:

When Griffin laughs so hard that it's barely audible but he claps a bunch is my favorite because I'm the same way.
Travis often has his big belly laughs, but I love when something just tickles him the right way and he lets out a high-pitched "Hee-heeee!"

Unrelated note, what's the origin of the boys (mostly Justin) saying "Aw, dunk!" usually in the context of "oh poo poo" or something similar? I've heard them say it with increasing frequency, so I'm wondering if they got it from somewhere, or if it's just a McElroyism.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
the sdcc live show is definitely something to look forward to.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Ariong posted:

The only Polygon Bidiots video I can find is one that doesn't involve Griffin. Where are you seeing this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7azGoavD4k
Griffin is the orange player, ArtBoi.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

Travis often has his big belly laughs, but I love when something just tickles him the right way and he lets out a high-pitched "Hee-heeee!"

Unrelated note, what's the origin of the boys (mostly Justin) saying "Aw, dunk!" usually in the context of "oh poo poo" or something similar? I've heard them say it with increasing frequency, so I'm wondering if they got it from somewhere, or if it's just a McElroyism.

I don't think there's really an origin,. It's just a thing Justin says a bunch

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Got my Sawbones pin from Maximum Fun. I'm not really a pin and badge guy, but it's cute.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

kidcoelacanth posted:

I don't think there's really an origin,. It's just a thing Justin says a bunch

Obviously it comes from when he made the dunk that won the championship, and earned him the nickname Hoops

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

https://twitter.com/victor_a_rivera/status/888158814666674177
https://twitter.com/GenChuckYeager/status/888563620782645249

That's it, I'm dead, this is too much

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Chuck Yaeger is still alive?

And he's on Twitter?

And he's tweeting about the McElroys?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Then this dude you have a friendly relationship that just happens to be in the top echelon of pop culture awareness takes a second to thank you and your brothers every time He s on TV.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Then this dude you have a friendly relationship that just happens to be in the top echelon of pop culture awareness takes a second to thank you and your brothers every time He s on TV.

who is this?

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Lin Manuel Miranda with his 'good job' wave

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Vonnie posted:

who is this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlVzSPKIXow

Grey Area
Sep 9, 2000
Battle Without Honor or Humanity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-420lBbaRkM

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
Car Boys and Touch the Skyrim and now Let's Go To Hell have taught me more about how video games work than I ever THOUGHT I would care to know, but now I'm kind of fascinated by it. I like those shows both for the comedy and for the peek behind the curtain.

Combaticus
Jan 14, 2008

Perfection

Dominance

Ultimate

Fighting

Biotechnology

lol that stifled woo

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

What's a good episode to introduce someone to MBMBaM with? I started by listening to highlights online that my brother sent me, so I wasn't introduced to a particular episode.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
If you've already listened to highlights and like those goofs, then just start with the latest episode and work your way backwards. You'll pick up any inside jokes or recurring bits quickly enough. They're usually pretty self-explanatory.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Jade Mage posted:

What's a good episode to introduce someone to MBMBaM with? I started by listening to highlights online that my brother sent me, so I wasn't introduced to a particular episode.
Bros Better Bros bests are good surveys and good ways to catch up a bit. Otherwise Spaghettageddon is a common rec.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Asiina posted:

just start with the latest episode and work your way backwards.

That's what I did and it was great. I've worked my way back to about 170 or so.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I'd recommend the live shows honestly but those are just always really great, especially the most recent one

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i stumbled onto mbmbam 259, the one where they didn't take a single question/yahoo and just shot the poo poo about their childhood and its probably the best episode i've heard. griffin just getting more and more annoyed about not taking questions as travis and justin just bull dozer over his complaints had me laughing a lot.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Griffin is probably my favorite brother, but the moments where he gets owned are some of the best in the show

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

The birthday episodes are always hilarious.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Jade Mage posted:

The "Bro's Better, Bro's Best" highlight episodes do have specific episode numbers (unless you were given the Samplers they had on bit.ly), but I'd say several of their best bits are from 2014, so you can start there and work your way forward, then fill in the back ones when you have the time.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

McElroys on @midnight tonight which is still a crazy and awesome thing to say. I hope the fact that it's already been canceled takes some of the pressure off and they can stay loose and goofy.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Do they stream @midnight on their site at all? I don't have cable at the moment, but could use someone's login to watch it on the website, and would like to watch it as it airs, if possible.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They put the full episode up on their site the next day, no logins needed.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

MBMBAM will be tomorrow afternoon and TAZ will also be late due to travel.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

I slept on Cool Games Inc for too long. 8 eps in and I'm really loving it. It's one of the rare podcasts that's really funny out of the gate too.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Yeah, the early ones are great. I think it's the 3rd or 4th one that has the surgery-based real dating sim and I was dying laughing at picturing the Kinect functionality.

I'm all caught up with TAZ but never got through the Flop House episodes. I listened to about half an hour of the first one and Elliott literally makes the exact same Eiffel 65 joke about 6 times in 20 minutes. It wouldn't be as bad but he insists on saying the full "I'm blue da ba dee da ba die da ba dee da ba die" quote every single time. Does he get better later in the episode or is he consistent with it after the first half hour? I get that being annoying is his shtick, but he made the part I heard unlistenable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Colonel Whitey posted:

I slept on Cool Games Inc for too long. 8 eps in and I'm really loving it. It's one of the rare podcasts that's really funny out of the gate too.

The first few are the best by far. I wish they stuck with the guest analyst bit, it was my favorite part listening to them stumble over their own ideas while somebody was befuddled and awe struck by the batshit crazy thing they came up with.