Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Killing Americans or aboriginals - " eh "

Killing white Australians - "I quit"

Toot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

You can't say that anymore grandpa

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

psydude posted:

TBH if nothing comes of this other than Sessions resigning, I'll be satisfied.

I really hope he doesn't. I want him to force a Saturday Night Massacre.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Keebler Klansman can go down in flames as far as I'm concerned.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Stultus Maximus posted:

I really hope he doesn't. I want him to force a Saturday Night Massacre.

Part of me feels the same, but I really don't know how it would play out in 2017.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Killing Americans - " eh "

Killing Australians - "I quit"

Well yeah, the Australians actually care about the safety and well being of their citizens. Prolly the first time this department felt the screws being turned by a higher government.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Godholio posted:

Part of me feels the same, but I really don't know how it would play out in 2017.

In a business, in an at-will employment state, you can be fired for anything! Literally anything that isn't violating regulations protecting certain classes of people! So what's the big deal? He didn't like how the investigation was going so he had someone fire the guy running it! Not a big deal!!!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Most Republicans felt some small degree of shame following Watergate, not so anymore. They'll throw a goddamn fit for days if Michelle Obama wears shorts, but won't be able contain their excitement for a guy who admits to sexually assaulting women.

Wrennic_26
Jul 9, 2009
As regarding the new replacement WH press secretary, please google image search:

'shelly hemlock grove'

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

you're not wrong but her hosed up eyes aren't the reason I hope she burns in hell

Wrennic_26
Jul 9, 2009
One of the two overcame terribly flawed genetics with a sweet disposition and resilience to become a hero.

There's hope for the spokeskenstein yet.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
Holy poo poo, this story on Spicy.

WSJ posted:

Less than a month into his new job, White House press secretary Sean Spicer needed to keep his food and drink cold. He wanted a mini-fridge.

He dispatched a top aide to a nearby executive office building where junior research employees are crammed into a room, surviving on Lean Cuisine frozen lunches. Mr. Spicer wants your icebox, the aide said, according to people familiar with the incident. They refused to give it up.

So Mr. Spicer waited until sundown—after his young staffers had left—to take matters into his own hands. He was spotted by a fellow White House official lugging the icebox down the White House driveway after 8 p.m.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
He specifically wanted their minifridge? The administration that remodeled Trump tower with security poo poo couldn't cut a check for a 100$ fridge?

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Wtf

Do they not have a supply shop in the White House? That top aide couldn't have filled out a purchase order for a mini fridge?

e: I mean, all the poo poo they have has to come from somewhere

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
It's impressive how the Trump Administration managed to stack itself with so many genuinely terrible people.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Also, who the hell, in TYOOL 2017, calls it a loving "icebox"?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Jeff Sessions lied. Again.

http://www.npr.org/2017/07/21/53865...ontent=20170721

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Spicer acted in accordance with the finest traditions of a Naval Officer with respect to loving over junior personnel

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Can we get some more story? Incognito isn't fixing the paywall

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
2 women are going in to SEAL training as officers.

Any bets they both wash out and people make a huge deal about it?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/21/us/first-female-navy-candidates-seal-trnd/index.html

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

ded posted:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/21/us/first-female-navy-candidates-seal-trnd/index.html

If ranger school is any indication, they'll probably pass and then be shat on because they recycled once or twice (like half of the men in their class).

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

ded posted:

Like beyond writing an article and posting about it? I enjoyed the female Supply officers we had once or twice aboard the Florida. They made the whole experience significantly less surreal, and in doing so made it less unpleasant.

Though now that I think about it that's probably not a possibility for combat roles so :shrug:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

So Sessions is gone any day now basically.

pick up the pace
Dec 7, 2009

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I/P goes in the honeypot thread. I'm probating the next poster who brings the I/P discussion up in the CE thread.

gently caress.

IPv6 is overly complex and unnecessary. Really we should just stick with IPv4 and just learn to ration it better, possibly by creating certain zones that we can segment different populations of addresses into. This would also have an added security advantage

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

pick up the pace posted:

IPv6 is overly complex and unnecessary. Really we should just stick with IPv4 and just learn to ration it better, possibly by creating certain zones that we can segment different populations of addresses into. This would also have an added security advantage

I know the necessity of IPv6 but I'm just not comfortable having entirely public addressing. Yeah it can be a pain in the rear end but the security provided NAT isn't something I want to give up. Nor do I expect a lot of other people want to either. So I expect IPv4 internal addressing to stick around for a really long time.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Mods??

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

In very important current event news, the hotel dog crashed the final press conference of Canada's Council of Federations.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/laurenstrapagiel/smudge-for-prime-minister

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

psydude posted:

If ranger school is any indication, they'll probably pass and then be shat on because they recycled once or twice (like half of the men in their class).

When people complain about women lowering the standards, I like to bring up the 3 PT studs we had in our company in Korea that couldn't rack a .50 cal, yet managed to pass the gunnery skills test.

The lady fuelers could.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

bird food bathtub posted:

I know the necessity of IPv6 but I'm just not comfortable having entirely public addressing. Yeah it can be a pain in the rear end but the security provided NAT isn't something I want to give up. Nor do I expect a lot of other people want to either. So I expect IPv4 internal addressing to stick around for a really long time.

We wouldn't have had this problem if they hadn't given out a hundred nearly completely unused /8s and then decided 240.0.0.0/4 was "reserved" for eternity after they realized their mistake.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Im not familiar with the SWCC selection process but there is not a way in hell the one passes BUD/S . I mean if she can make all the times and O-Course minimums I'm all for it. Lord knows I don't care, but I don't see a female making the minimum times on runs, swims or the O. Not to mention all the loving log PT, pull-ups and dips they make you do.
:biotruths:

Everyone in SEALs is held to 18 year old PT standard* and men have a hard enough time passing. Also the fact that she's an officer won't make it easier. Officers go through the same selection process as the Enlisted, just with more responsibility. Theres no seperate officer course like everything else in the military. And the senior enlisted instructors are very very hard on the officers bc it's not unheard of for someone to go from BUD/S to commanding an instructor as part of a squad**.

*the last time I wrote on this was mid 2010ish
** I know specifically this happened in Iraq or Afghanistan I just can't recall which.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Soylent Pudding posted:

In very important current event news, the hotel dog crashed the final press conference of Canada's Council of Federations.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/laurenstrapagiel/smudge-for-prime-minister

This is the best thing I've read all day.

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The Mooch will calm everything down, The President can now have a full reboot and start fres-

https://twitter.com/RealPressSecBot/status/888708711807541249

https://twitter.com/RealPressSecBot/status/888711734319497216

https://twitter.com/RealPressSecBot/status/888725598805381121

https://twitter.com/RealPressSecBot/status/888726832043905025

:stare:

So far this morning, he's essentially confirmed the Sessions story, blamed the NYT for an aborted strike on the leader of ISIS or tipping him off (what), called Comey a criminal, talked about pardoning himself, and brought up Clinton again. He's still going too.

Edit: Here's the source on that weird ISIS thing. It was a raid back in 2015 and the leak was over a week after the raid and a source went silent, apparently. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/21/isis-broken-but-leader-slipped-away-due-to-leak-says-key-general.html

But really, the source is: https://twitter.com/becket/status/888726520394592257

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Jul 22, 2017

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Holy poo poo.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

This is really getting old.
The sooner he's dragged kicking and screaming into a mental hospital where he can get the care he so desperately needs the better.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Wait that is *not* a parody account???????

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

pick up the pace posted:

And that anycast! How can we just let packets go wherever is nearest? It's unnatural.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Ayn Marx posted:

Only in that it playfully converts Trump's asinine tweets in a more professional form to demonstrate their utter failure to live up to the office of the president.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Ayn Marx posted:

It takes trump's tweets and formats them as official statements since I guess technically they are.

Go look at Trump's twitter. He went on like a 10 tweet tear this morning.

• Locked thread