Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Metapod posted:

The bucs will go on a winning streak early then Winston will get hurt and the season will rest on Fitzpatrick

wandler20 posted:

And go on to win the Super Bowl.

I can get behind this fanfiction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Warran Sapp killed a guy

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Chilichimp posted:

Warran Sapp killed a guy

Pats killed the hopes and dreams of an entire city, really who is to judge

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Warran Sapp killed a guy

Let's not go down this road, it never ends well and then everyone gets probated for "supporting a murderer." :rolleyes:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Joey Freshwater posted:

Pats killed the hopes and dreams of an entire city, really who is to judge

Jed York is too good for Kyle Shanahan.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Joey Freshwater posted:

Posted this before but why not post it again. Have these hanging in my office:

I have this:

Still bothers me that Simeon Rice and Ronde Barber weren't on there.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

I have this:

RHONDE ISN'T loving ON THERE ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

wandler20 posted:

I have this:

That team had so much talent. Derrick Brooks was so fun to watch...until he played and dominated Vick.

Man, that was 2002? 15 years ago? gently caress, I'm old.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
He also got snubbed for the Pro Bowl that year.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

I have this:

Some notable dog whistles by General Mills:

3 white dudes, 2 black dudes... the white dudes are all on top. Most notably, the most talented of all these mother fuckers, Derrick Brooks, is featured bottom right... the last picture/name any english reader would see.
John Lynch, a white SAFETY (HoFer), featured while Ronde Barber, a black corner (also prolly HoFer) is snubbed.
Mike Alstott, a white fullback, featured while Warrick Dunn, a black running back is snubbed.

Look, I understand that your Wheaties box only has so many spots for faces and names, but jesus CHRIST.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jul 20, 2017

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Chilichimp posted:

Some notable dog whistles by General Mills:

3 white dudes, 2 black dudes... the white dudes are all on top. Most notably, the most talented of all these mother fuckers, Derrick Brooks, is featured bottom right... the last picture/name any english reader would see.
John Lynch, a white SAFETY (HoFer), featured while Rhonde Barber, a black corner (also prolly HoFer) is snubbed.
Mike Alstott, a white fullback, featured while Warrick Dunn, a black running back is snubbed.

Look, I understand that your Wheaties box only has so many spots for faces and names, but jesus CHRIST.

RONDE not Rhonde (that's twice!).

Also, Warrick Dunn wasn't part of the SB team. Michael Pittman was the RB.

Edit: But you're right, they really hosed up that box.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
On the flip side, I cannot think of a more white cereal than Wheaties. Raisin Bran, maybe?

Interesting take though, Chili. I didn't notice that...

Also Michael Pittman was a freaking beast. Imagine that running with a full head of steam behind Mike freaking Alstott.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

weird Asian candy posted:

On the flip side, I cannot think of a more white cereal than Wheaties. Raisin Bran, maybe?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Also Derrick Brooks was "one of the good ones" and Keyshawn was the closest thing they had to an acceptable outspoken star, since Sapp had....issues.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

RONDE not Rhonde (that's twice!).

Also, Warrick Dunn wasn't part of the SB team. Michael Pittman was the RB.

Edit: But you're right, they really hosed up that box.

gently caress YOU RHONDA

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
One of these days I'll actually open this and play it. Problem is I have four or five versions of Monopoly anyway.

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jul 21, 2017

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Do you live IN New Orleans, Silly? Either way, what do you think of the city?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Do you live IN New Orleans, Silly? Either way, what do you think of the city?

No, I live about two hours away, about in the middle of Baton Rouge and Lafayette in the boons.

Truth be told, I'm ok with visiting New Orleans every now and then, but I hate driving in it. I'm much more comfortable driving in Pensacola, Gulfport, and even Houston than New Orleans.

When I go I usually hit the French Quarter or the surrounding areas. When my sister in law lived here, we'd visit her and visit Freret St. I love the food there obviously, but there's a lot of good food all around here. I don't drink, so besides enjoying the music at the bars, the drinking scene doesn't do much for me.

It's a fun place to visit (and to see Saints games or other spectacles), but I'd rather be by the beach in Pensacola/Gulf Shores/Orange Beach/Gulfport. To each his own. :)

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

My avatar wasn't ever supposed to become relavant again

:suicide:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

No, I live about two hours away, about in the middle of Baton Rouge and Lafayette in the boons.

Truth be told, I'm ok with visiting New Orleans every now and then, but I hate driving in it. I'm much more comfortable driving in Pensacola, Gulfport, and even Houston than New Orleans.

When I go I usually hit the French Quarter or the surrounding areas. When my sister in law lived here, we'd visit her and visit Freret St. I love the food there obviously, but there's a lot of good food all around here. I don't drink, so besides enjoying the music at the bars, the drinking scene doesn't do much for me.

It's a fun place to visit (and to see Saints games or other spectacles), but I'd rather be by the beach in Pensacola/Gulf Shores/Orange Beach/Gulfport. To each his own. :)

I think you and I would get along great because a lot of that describes me. I wasn't impressed with Bourbon Street and a lot of the city was just smelly and gross but there were these gems in the middle of it that were totally awesome like Royal Street.

The food was amazing everywhere and the people were super nice even though I couldn't understand half of them.

Very crowded though, like everyone smoked which was great with the cramped streets. I'd like to have explored more but I suspect it's a lot of what I saw.

Was just curious what you thought :)

We stayed on the corner of Baronne and Common and there was a lot of poo poo close by so that was cool. The Super Dome was loving huge, I was kinda :stare: at the size of it.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I think you and I would get along great because a lot of that describes me. I wasn't impressed with Bourbon Street and a lot of the city was just smelly and gross but there were these gems in the middle of it that were totally awesome like Royal Street.

The food was amazing everywhere and the people were super nice even though I couldn't understand half of them.

Very crowded though, like everyone smoked which was great with the cramped streets. I'd like to have explored more but I suspect it's a lot of what I saw.

Was just curious what you thought :)

We stayed on the corner of Baronne and Common and there was a lot of poo poo close by so that was cool. The Super Dome was loving huge, I was kinda :stare: at the size of it.

I suspect we'd get along great except for two specific days of the year. :)

My favorite fact about the Superdome is that you could fit the Astrodome inside of it and still have room to fly a small plane in it: http://www.thecrimson.com/article/1975/9/15/more-than-a-building-pthe-main/

If you had trouble understanding some of the New Orleans locals, you need to plan a side visit to Lafayette and the Acadiana area, especially on a long weekend. Some of the nicest people ever, but when they start mixing some Cajun French in with English and speaking rapidly, all you can do is smile and nod. And that's not everyone obviously, but I'm thinking more of going to the festivals and restaurants with the dance floors.

And the food is drat good in Lafayette too. ;)

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

My favorite fact about the Superdome is that you could fit the Astrodome inside of it and still have room to fly a small plane in it: http://www.thecrimson.com/article/1975/9/15/more-than-a-building-pthe-main/

:stare: That is...nuts...

We were inside of it almost everyday while we were there and it just seems to go on forever. Puts the whole Katrina thing in perspective since they filled it AND the ginormous convention center. :(

And yeah, some of the natives speak a different language. I was smiling and nodding a lot.

The one thing I am bummed I did not see was Boudin. I was in Baton Rouge a long time ago and a client sent me home with a bunch of it. It was loving incredible and I wish I had some. I did gorge on Jambalaya and crawfish though.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

The one thing I am bummed I did not see was Boudin. I was in Baton Rouge a long time ago and a client sent me home with a bunch of it. It was loving incredible and I wish I had some. I did gorge on Jambalaya and crawfish though.

If you're ever in the area again, I'll treat you to some Billy's boudin balls. They take the boudin mixture, roll it in flour, and fry it up. There are also boudin balls that have a plug of pepper jack cheese in the middle and are all melted and delicious. I've tried a lot of boudin, but I'm lucky that Billy's is only 15 miles away in Krotz Springs (but they do have other locations in Opelousas and Scott).

Gee, I wonder why we're overweight around here. :)

Fake edit: just found that they have a website and they deliver: http://www.billysboudin.com

Mmmmm.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

If you're ever in the area again, I'll treat you to some Billy's boudin balls. They take the boudin mixture, roll it in flour, and fry it up. There are also boudin balls that have a plug of pepper jack cheese in the middle and are all melted and delicious. I've tried a lot of boudin, but I'm lucky that Billy's is only 15 miles away in Krotz Springs (but they do have other locations in Opelousas and Scott).

Gee, I wonder why we're overweight around here. :)

Fake edit: just found that they have a website and they deliver: http://www.billysboudin.com

Mmmmm.

Oh my sweet jesus :stare:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Boudin is so tasty its unreal.

Unlike the rest of yall I guess I painfully miss New Orleans now that i dont live there and try and visit once a year like its a friend in hospice. Saints can get moved when the city sinks but I wont be able to stuff my gullet with New Orleans food once the water swallows it all.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Boudin is super tasty, friend! However, hospice smells better than the streets of New Orleans. Hell, 2 weeks post death with no one clearing the body from hospice care probably smells better than New Orleans...

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Boudin is super tasty, friend! However, hospice smells better than the streets of New Orleans. Hell, 2 weeks post death with no one clearing the body from hospice care probably smells better than New Orleans...

Most people cant smell their own pee very well so do as the locals and the smell goes away.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

The worat smell I ever experienced was Bourbon Street in the middle of July after one of those 5 minute popup rain showers. Steam rising off the booze and puke soaked street :barf:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Pershing posted:

The worat smell I ever experienced was Bourbon Street in the middle of July after one of those 5 minute popup rain showers. Steam rising off the booze and puke soaked street :barf:

Literally happened to me on Thursday. Walking to a bar on Bourbon, it starts pouring ran, humid as gently caress, and then the smell came...oh my Lord was it bad.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Pershing posted:

And urine. Don't forget urine.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Barudak posted:

Boudin is so tasty its unreal.

Unlike the rest of yall I guess I painfully miss New Orleans now that i dont live there and try and visit once a year like its a friend in hospice. Saints can get moved when the city sinks but I wont be able to stuff my gullet with New Orleans food once the water swallows it all.

Eventually Shreveport will be the New New Orleans. Give it time.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Silly Burrito posted:

:chloe:

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

PostNouveau posted:

And urine. Don't forget urine.

I didn't savor each of the unique hints of the bouquet.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

The only positive about this is I could possibly be dead before this happens.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Silly Burrito posted:

You know what the bouquet of booze, vomit, and urine needs? Oil refinery! Right next to the football stadium!

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Barudak posted:

The only positive about this is I could possibly be dead before this happens.

Shreveport loving sucks!!

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

When the lands and culture south of I-10 wash away I will renounce my claim of being from Louisiana and refuse to recognize the presence of 'Arkansas lite"

Edit: I spent 4 years in Ruston for college, I know what it's like. I've seen things man.

Ordinaire
Sep 1, 2008

Forks in the road we're not.
Y'all complain about Shreveport but that's where people in Monroe go for fun. :smith:

North Louisiana is a mistake

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Ordinaire posted:

Y'all complain about Shreveport but that's where people in Monroe go for fun. :smith:

North Louisiana is a mistake

Yes it is

Edit: I take that back, camping and fishing on Caney lake is alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

They based the Louisiana film industry in Shreveport because they wisely knew it'd be a horrible idea to have production people living in new orleans

• Locked thread