Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Since the last episode of Hollywood Masterclass came out, I started my free Stitcher trial and listened to like half of them yesterday - is anything else worth listening to on Stitcher before I dip out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Did you check out Teacher's Lounge? Serial narrative improv by Big Grandé.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Mr. Squishy posted:

Seconding this. It's probably up there with ADPPP for favorite podcast to me.

I know some people didn't dig it, but I really loved the level of forcing each other to justify everything said they do.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Hardcore Game of Thrones is a very well done history of Westeros that is only covered briefly in passing on the show itself. It isn’t comedic and doesn’t really fit in with the other Earwolf shows, but it is a style parody of Dan Carlin’s real historical podcast series Hardcore History. The episode that covers Aerys II and Tywin (2, I think?) is a standout.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box
Besser being annoyed about not getting a cake again is great, especially since he had to read an ad for CBB's 500th

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Tatumje posted:

Hardcore Game of Thrones is a very well done history of Westeros that is only covered briefly in passing on the show itself. It isn’t comedic and doesn’t really fit in with the other Earwolf shows, but it is a style parody of Dan Carlin’s real historical podcast series Hardcore History. The episode that covers Aerys II and Tywin (2, I think?) is a standout.

From the ads I'd heard on other podcasts I always thought that HGoT was a comedy. I might have to check it out

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Mr. Squishy posted:

The Senator Giroux posted:

Seconding this. It's probably up there with ADPPP for favorite podcast to me.

I know some people didn't dig it, but I really loved the level of forcing each other to justify everything said they do.

That sound perfect - thanks!

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

ElCondemn posted:

Right... are you guys loving with me? Subtle comedy? Maybe really I don't get it...

Might be on to something. There's a reason it's your favorite comedians' favorite podcast. (if your favorite comedians are PFT, Tom Scharpling or Julie Klausner)

knows a black guy
Jun 18, 2005

Power of Pecota posted:

Since the last episode of Hollywood Masterclass came out, I started my free Stitcher trial and listened to like half of them yesterday - is anything else worth listening to on Stitcher before I dip out?

I did the same thing. It was great knowing there were only going to be six episodes so I could maximize the free trial.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Ohhh wow. Wellllllll

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

ManoliIsFat posted:

Might be on to something. There's a reason it's your favorite comedians' favorite podcast. (if your favorite comedians are PFT, Tom Scharpling or Julie Klausner)

I like Matt Besser

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
And if you've just tuned in melcome to my momsterclaps.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
I feel like I would hate HH if my introduction was seeing this thread try to defend it

maybe it's just because I got my pro version while the getting was good and that's why I'm so chill if people don't like it. I mean, it's whatever for me.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

ManoliIsFat posted:

What if my favorite comedian is someone funny, instead

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008

Malcolm Excellent posted:

From the ads I'd heard on other podcasts I always thought that HGoT was a comedy. I might have to check it out

I believe the ad reads referred to the series as “hilarious”, which I don’t recall it ever trying to be. The podcast acts as if the events of GoT actually occurred in the distant past of our world, and the host occasionally attempts to resolve conflicting details of events from George RR Martin (original author) and Benioff/Weiss (tv showrunners) as if they were ancient texts.

The first three episodes (including my previously mentioned favorite Pt. II) are free for non-Howl on the Earwolf Presents thread.

Edit: HGOT: Shadow of the Dragon Pt. II, episode #44 of Earwolf Presents Pt. I is ep #43. Pt. III is ep #45.

Know Such Peace fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jul 21, 2017

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
Masterclass and Teacher's Lounge are the best on Stitcher premium. Complete Joy/Woman/Man are a little on the nose but very Superego-y if you like that, and if you haven't heard Superego try that out starting with season 2. Several of the Wild Horses specials are really good but it's been a while since I listened to them so I don't remember which in particular.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Tarranon posted:

I feel like I would hate HH if my introduction was seeing this thread try to defend it

maybe it's just because I got my pro version while the getting was good and that's why I'm so chill if people don't like it. I mean, it's whatever for me.
:same:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah I listened to The Complete Woman last week (that one is all on Earwolf so you don't need Stitcher or anything) and liked it a lot. I think the whole thing is only like an hour and a half total and it's got Stephanie Allynne/cool Superego people

I'll probably listen to The Complete Man/Joy next

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
The Reality Show Show is on Stitcher Premium, and it was the precursor to Hollywood Handbook. The show covers their transition from smirking about absurd reality show moments to smirking about literally everything in the world. RSS actually has structure to the show, with around two to four pre-planned segments at the top of the show before the guest segment.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
They may have fixed it but on one RSS ep they uploaded the full, unedited recording.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
With Special Guest this week is just Wild Horses doing Sex and the City. I have a passing familiarity with the show at best, but within 5 minutes I was more than willing to give this episode "All-time Great" status.

"How are those kids doing?"
"REALLY BIG!"

If the Wild Horses show on Howl had kept going, I would've subscribed just for that.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Tavarin posted:

Besser being annoyed about not getting a cake again is great, especially since he had to read an ad for CBB's 500th

https://twitter.com/MattBesser/status/888107515820425218

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

JethroMcB posted:

With Special Guest this week is just Wild Horses doing Sex and the City. I have a passing familiarity with the show at best, but within 5 minutes I was more than willing to give this episode "All-time Great" status.

"How are those kids doing?"
"REALLY BIG!"

If the Wild Horses show on Howl had kept going, I would've subscribed just for that.

Yeah, I have very little familiarity with the show and this episode is amazing.

Wild Horses were part of a bit on Conan this week https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AByf89Xp0W4 so I hope this leads to more TV time for them as a group.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Kulap got a tattoo of a dragon. I wonder if Scott will make a really funny reference to it on CBB/UTU2TM.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/blahmanda/status/888532163477491713
:3:

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
In my volunteer work as an animal shelter photographer, I named a cat with a moustache birthmark “Purr F. Tompkat”. This did get to his attention, too.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Tatumje posted:

Kulap got a tattoo of a dragon. I wonder if Scott will make a really funny reference to it on CBB/UTU2TM.

Not looking forward to CBB going on hiatus when Kulap dies in Bengazi

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Piquai Souban posted:

In my volunteer work as an animal shelter photographer, I named a cat with a moustache birthmark “Purr F. Tompkat”. This did get to his attention, too.

Nice :)
Speaking of nice, here is the opposite, lol at the responses
https://twitter.com/jongabrus/status/888539321682206720

Unmerciful
Sep 14, 2008

You can get a year of stitcher premium for 90% off with code BATOUR apparently. I just signed up for $3.50 and it says I'm good through August 2018 with the free month up front. Seems like a pretty desperate move on their part but I'm not complaining..

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Neat, will give it a blast. Thanks.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Unmerciful posted:

You can get a year of stitcher premium for 90% off with code BATOUR apparently. I just signed up for $3.50 and it says I'm good through August 2018 with the free month up front. Seems like a pretty desperate move on their part but I'm not complaining..

Worked for me, too. Neato.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

GobiasIndustries posted:

Nice :)
Speaking of nice, here is the opposite, lol at the responses
https://twitter.com/jongabrus/status/888539321682206720

Gabrus rules. He's pretty obviously drunk during this exchange and it's great.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
I'm an idiot and I can't find where to enter the code

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I tried to subscribe in the app and there was nowhere to enter the code. Tried the website and it was there.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Doesn't look like it stacks for existing members.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
Oh i figured out my problem by making another account. I signed up for the free month in the app and then cancelled immediately, thinking I could then pay for the year, but I can't seem to get back to the payment screen on either website or app cause I'm already subscribed

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013

Unmerciful posted:

Cheers!

Edit: is there any way on the stitcher app to only show the premium stuff, or do I have to scroll through hundreds of Comedy Bang Bangs to find the live ones?

Pat Mustard fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Jul 22, 2017

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
I’m holding out for that 110% off deal.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

$3.50 for 13 months seems like kind of a bad business decision on their part but what do I know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Pat Mustard posted:

Cheers!

Edit: is there any way on the stitcher app to only show the premium stuff, or do I have to scroll through hundreds of Comedy Bang Bangs to find the live ones?

I'm using the RSS feeds and a different app, but I think it's called CBB special edition or something. $3.50 for those, Teachers Lounge and Hollywood Masterclass is already well worth it.