Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

idiotmeat
Apr 3, 2010
How long do you think before DE adds frame crafting to the game, like the weapon crafting system they're introducing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I do not trust this system and I hope never. This is likely going to be a best build thing like everything else.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I have already expounded on the proper price for that Orthos Riven: 750 plat to a pub.

Obviously, to a goon, you would slash that to below half.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i honestly hope they never add custom warframe stuff, because i value a cohesive overall theme over whatever crappy piecemeal stuff we'd get with it. especially since de has been doing a good job with that the past few frames

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Johnny Joestar posted:

i honestly hope they never add custom warframe stuff, because i value a cohesive overall theme over whatever crappy piecemeal stuff we'd get with it. especially since de has been doing a good job with that the past few frames

Yeah the actual gameplay with frames like Nidus or Harrow is very encouraging. Their powers all have a good use and interact with each other to some logical degree. They have come a long way from Excalibur's original powers thats for sure.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

Are dread rivens worth anything?

Also nothing seems to capture the essence of this game quite like a double catalyst invasion where the side you pick is determined entirely by who's got the shortest missions up the moment you look at the node.

"Just tell me who I have to shoot or what I have to blow up to get the next toy"

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Given my Dynasty Warriors love, I am liking the look of this Guandao.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i dunno if it'll be patched out, but currently the zakti can deal ludicrous damage to even level 150 bombards if you hit them with something like a thrown weapon once they're stunned and open to melee finishers when they get caught in one of the gas explosions

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Something I think would be cool re:custom warframes (in a pipe dream kind of way) would be allowing us to switch heads around between warframes, the head taking with it the first ability (or passive) of its native warframe. It would allow for a whole new level of variety in both builds and appearances without requiring too much in the way of new asset creation, just a bunch of balancing.

They could add some goofy quest about getting beheaded or something too (which seems to happen to my mesa sometimes during missions anyways)

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

free hubcaps posted:

Something I think would be cool re:custom warframes (in a pipe dream kind of way) would be allowing us to switch heads around between warframes, the head taking with it the first ability (or passive) of its native warframe. It would allow for a whole new level of variety in both builds and appearances without requiring too much in the way of new asset creation, just a bunch of balancing.

They could add some goofy quest about getting beheaded or something too (which seems to happen to my mesa sometimes during missions anyways)

Mag passive on every frame please

E: or Zephyr 1

Vakal
May 11, 2008

TheSpiritFox posted:

Also nothing seems to capture the essence of this game quite like a double catalyst invasion where the side you pick is determined entirely by who's got the shortest missions up the moment you look at the node.

"Just tell me who I have to shoot or what I have to blow up to get the next toy"

Warframe is basically Ender's Game, aka Goverment sanctioned child warfare.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

TheSpiritFox posted:

Are dread rivens worth anything?

I ended up with like two pieces of Snipetron Vandal because when picking a side for the first part or two the missions were something like "Survival" vs "Capture". Got the thing building now, can't wait to find out that it's terrible.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Zereth posted:

. Got the thing building now, can't wait to find out that it's terrible.

Spoiler: 90% of the weapons in the game are terrible.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Vakal posted:

Spoiler: 90% of the weapons in the game are terrible.
I've gathered that so far.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Johnny Joestar posted:

i dunno if it'll be patched out, but currently the zakti can deal ludicrous damage to even level 150 bombards if you hit them with something like a thrown weapon once they're stunned and open to melee finishers when they get caught in one of the gas explosions

It might be intended. They haven't patched Condition Overload after all this time. The Zhakti is a one handed gun and you use CO on your glaive. Plus it deals massive damage on a single target if you combo it but you have to set up your gun and glaive to give the maximum number of status. It won't be the second coming of Tonkor.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Zereth posted:

I've gathered that so far.

General rule is if its a sniper rifle is hot garbage. BUT sometimes there are sniper only sortie missions so you need to hang on to at least one of them.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Vakal posted:

Spoiler: 90% of the weapons in the game are terrible unless you have a bunch of max rank mods and more forma than you know what to do with then every weapon is completely busted and nothing matters but until then you'll use the Soma Prime like everybody else and you'll be goddamn happy with it you hear me!

Fixed it. Except for the Flux Rifle that poo poo is irredeemable.

wid posted:

It might be intended. They haven't patched Condition Overload after all this time. The Zhakti is a one handed gun and you use CO on your glaive. Plus it deals massive damage on a single target if you combo it but you have to set up your gun and glaive to give the maximum number of status. It won't be the second coming of Tonkor.

Zakti is the second coming of Tonkor on the right frames, particularly anything with silly damage modifiers (Chroma, Banshee, Nova, Octavia, etc) or anything that can put enemies into the unaware status (via blind or sleep primarily, so Excalibur, Mirage, Equinox, Ivara). Gas procs can do a lot of damage with the right setup, it can use Fulmination, and it has crazy high uptime thanks to the super fast reload. It's awesome even if you don't exploit the glaive interaction.

AttackBacon fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jul 22, 2017

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

Is there a goon clan on PS4 still? I'm still getting started and I'm pretty casual right now, but I'd like access to clan stuff if we have one going.

If so, my in game name is the same as here. Thanks.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Been playing this with my bro the last week or so, sometimes we have no idea what the gently caress we are doing, but it's a good bit of co-op fun.

I have to ask though, why do the more powerful "prime" variants look like garbage compared to their standard counterparts? It's like they went through some "pimp my frame" thing and a bunch of gold was slapped on them. :confused:

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

Xik posted:

Been playing this with my bro the last week or so, sometimes we have no idea what the gently caress we are doing, but it's a good bit of co-op fun.

I have to ask though, why do the more powerful "prime" variants look like garbage compared to their standard counterparts? It's like they went through some "pimp my frame" thing and a bunch of gold was slapped on them. :confused:

Some are good, but there are some visual downgrades too. Luckily you can use the regular warframe skin on the primes too and there's a lot of skins in the market that are better than the originals too. Also, the primes aren't really significantly stronger than the regular versions, it's almost always minor boosts. I think Volt and Banshee are the only two primes that have a noticeable benefit.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Quirkk posted:

Some are good, but there are some visual downgrades too. Luckily you can use the regular warframe skin on the primes too and there's a lot of skins in the market that are better than the originals too. Also, the primes aren't really significantly stronger than the regular versions, it's almost always minor boosts. I think Volt and Banshee are the only two primes that have a noticeable benefit.

Rhino prime. I want to cover all of my frames in gold foil.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Xik posted:

Lore reason: The Prime poo poo is of original Orokin manufacture and as you can tell from their fuckin name they REALLY LIKE GOLD.

Real reason: If you can't get onboard with being a blinged out space ninja with a righteous murder-boner then you can get the hell out. Everything I have is covered in as much gold as possible and if it doesn't look like Soulja Boy after going nuts in a jewelry store then I ain't fuckin usin it :colbert:

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

I'll take Mirage's 1 on Trinity's everything else for $1000, Alex.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
All of the Prime frames are beautiful murder butterflies and I will not hear otherwise!
Honestly the only vaguely boring one is Excalibur, but I still like his design anyway.
You know that you can recolor them if you don't like the best paintjob in the game?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

3 years later and back to business

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

It's like riding a bike.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
The wheels are made of swords and the bike horn shoots fire when honked.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

There's a better bike though. its gold and stuff.

Also you'll need to farm for it.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Dreadwroth posted:

All of the Prime frames are beautiful murder butterflies and I will not hear otherwise!
Honestly the only vaguely boring one is Excalibur, but I still like his design anyway.
You know that you can recolor them if you don't like the best paintjob in the game?

The only thing I wish I could do with Rhino is make the 'battle damaged' state of his golden Iron Skin its default, because I got it down to a state at like 24% remaining where his shoulders, head, arms, and lower legs are uncovered but it looks like he has a solid gold bling breastplate and thigh covers and that looked goddamn perfect.

idiotmeat
Apr 3, 2010

Quasipox posted:

Is there a goon clan on PS4 still? I'm still getting started and I'm pretty casual right now, but I'd like access to clan stuff if we have one going.

If so, my in game name is the same as here. Thanks.

Lljk is still alive. Occasionally I see another goon online.

Mokbek
Dec 19, 2014

Call Me The Shocker
Before I make a bad decision and waste some plat, is the Karak Wraith any good ? I've been considering getting one seeing that it's a straight upgrade to the much loved yet underpowered Karak.

I've also been considering building a Vulkar.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Mokbek posted:

Before I make a bad decision and waste some plat, is the Karak Wraith any good ? I've been considering getting one seeing that it's a straight upgrade to the much loved yet underpowered Karak.

It's a perfectly decent basic assault rifle.

I would not spend Plat on it, it's much more worthwhile to just pick it up over time from invasions.

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

Mokbek posted:

Just get the Karak Wraith from invasions. The parts usually come up within a short period of each other and they last a while. As for the Vulkar, it may be the worst currently available sniper rifle. It's hard to tell with snipers since they never really have a situation where they're good. If I were you I'd wait and buy the Vulkar Wraith from Baro since he should be bringing it back soon. It's a significant upgrade and will be colourable soon.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Quirkk posted:

...and will be colourable soon.

Wait wait wait whaaat

Do you mean they're going to let us recolor wraith weapons? Where did you hear this? Does that extend to vandal weapons too? Oh god I'm all a'titter at this news :neckbeard:

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

DoombatINC posted:

Wait wait wait whaaat

Do you mean they're going to let us recolor wraith weapons? Where did you hear this? Does that extend to vandal weapons too? Oh god I'm all a'titter at this news :neckbeard:

They've been talking about it for a while but it's pretty much been a back burner project. The Supra Vandal being colourable confirmed it and then they showed off the colour channels at Tennocon.

Mokbek
Dec 19, 2014

Call Me The Shocker

If I can't have that specific paint job on my Wraith weapons, I will be very disappointed.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Quirkk posted:

They've been talking about it for a while but it's pretty much been a back burner project. The Supra Vandal being colourable confirmed it and then they showed off the colour channels at Tennocon.

Also the supra vandal is a loving monster of a gun. By far the highest paper DPS out of all of my guns. And since I'm totally poo poo at headshots that makes it not only my best gun but the shooting animation and stuff also make it totally rad.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
If you get a Vulkar(preferably wraith) You need the weapon augment, Lasting Purity, from New Loka. I've usually been using a Vectus Prime as my token sniper rifle, but after playing around with it in hydron with only a potato in it, I'm gonna switch over to it. Vulkar Wraith is a serviceable sniper rifle. (but again don't spend plat on it, baro will bring it around sometime again.)

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Mokbek posted:

I have a Karak Wraith with +damage +multishot riven. At its peak, it's probably a bit better than a properly build Braton Prime. But even at that state it doesn't overcome Soma Prime. If you love assault rifles, aim for the Soma then spend plat on Soma Prime (because it's vaulted) once you got high enough mastery rank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokbek
Dec 19, 2014

Call Me The Shocker

wid posted:

I have a Karak Wraith with +damage +multishot riven. At its peak, it's probably a bit better than a properly build Braton Prime. But even at that state it doesn't overcome Soma Prime. If you love assault rifles, aim for the Soma then spend plat on Soma Prime (because it's vaulted) once you got high enough mastery rank.

Oh I do have a Soma Prime which I farmed back in the day and I'm really considering spending a decent sum of plat for an Argon Scope to slap into it.

I'm really just in the mood to try out other guns that aren't meta, but aren't necessarily terrible either.