Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

MaxxBot posted:

AG Jeb! Can Fix It!

the only job for jeb! in the trump admin is the secretary of low energy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Shear Modulus posted:

the only job for jeb! in the trump admin is the secretary of low energy

balls, ed

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Pook Good Mook posted:

I think it was established that the replacement would get an election in 2018 if he was appointed before October or something like that. Otherwise they'd get an election in 2020 and then again in 2022 because that's the normal cycle for McCain's seat.

looked it up

quote:

Whoever Ducey selects will serve until the next regularly scheduled statewide general election. A general election in Arizona is scheduled for November 6, 2018. (An earlier general election is scheduled for November 7, 2017, but this is a municipal general election.) At that time, the person elected Senator would hold the position until McCain’s six-year term expires. McCain was just re-elected in the November 2016 election, so the person elected to replace him in the next general election would serve a nearly full length term.

it gives the democrats another possible race in 2018 if he resigns or dies

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

GobiasIndustries posted:

Just let Wolverine be grumpy, woman!

(this owns)

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/Fusion/status/888578032507564033

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

this loss edit is pretty weird

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Nichael posted:

looked it up

the democrats will opt for the decorum of running the autopsied tumor of john mccain in honor of his decades of service

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I don't read comics but want to but also feel like I shouldn't.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

that's wolverine right?
wait but he's indestructible and she can shapeshift so really the walls squishing them would just sort of be inconveniencing

why doesn't he just slash it all apart?

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

Don't loving mess with ice cream truck territory, you will get your rear end stabbed.

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

Yinlock posted:

unless he blames them randomly for something

remember trump is still mad at sessions for "recusing"

unless trump keeps bringing it up sessions is fine, he didnt resign at the first mention and it seems lke the kind of thing trump wont keep hammering on

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

triple sulk posted:

imagine having such a broken brain

I always wonder with guys like this who see conspiracies EVERYWHERE and they are all connected: They must have a line where they think normal people are doing normal things for normal reasons. I realize some are straight up Truman Show delusional, but some legit limit crisis actors or some grand conspiracy to times when it suits the government. I wonder when things are too small for the government to have had a hand in things.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I like that at some point wolverine went from angry badass to grumpy dad

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

GrimGypsy posted:

that's wolverine right?
wait but he's indestructible and she can shapeshift so really the walls squishing them would just sort of be inconveniencing

I think you'll find that nothing means anything as is the case irl

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

quote:

Mackenzie, who asked that we withhold her last name for fear that she be pigeonholed as an entitled white lady whining about her new neighborhood

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Are they planning to have him lying in state in the rotunda or something

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Baller Ina posted:

unless trump keeps bringing it up sessions is fine, he didnt resign at the first mention and it seems lke the kind of thing trump wont keep hammering on

(he brings it up a lot)

sessions is fine though because trump is too much of a coward to fire him

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Nichael posted:

He's going to die. The cancer he has gives a 6% survival rate in the best case scenario. And he's probably had it untreated for months. And he's 80 years old.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

GrimGypsy posted:

that's wolverine right?

But I cannot actually answer your questions as I do not know why he lost his healing factor etc because this is the first bit of Marvel I've dipped my dick into

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

marvel is pretty good right now except that they're entered a stage where almost everyone is teamed up with everyone else at all times, and everyone has sort of fallen into either "gruff straight man" or "lol quirky dialogue lol internet reference"

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Plinkey posted:

this is what we all play now.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Nichael posted:

that's doubtful

Hope you're right holmes

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

Shear Modulus posted:

skipping Tokyo Drift is blasphemy

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

triple sulk posted:

imagine having such a broken brain

Ha ha hmmm hahah yes ha imagine yes I will imagine such a thing

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I have some New 52 Batman books and The Killing Joke and a couple other books but TV is a way easier jumping off point

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

But I cannot actually answer your questions as I do not know why he lost his healing factor etc because this is the first bit of Marvel I've dipped my dick into

oh theyre doing that again, I guess that makes more sense
last I knew, they'd done some timeline juggling to kill wolverine and replace him with the "old man logan" wolverine but I guess now that's over too

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

GrimGypsy posted:

marvel is pretty good right now except that they're entered a stage where almost everyone is teamed up with everyone else at all times, and everyone has sort of fallen into either "gruff straight man" or "lol quirky dialogue lol internet reference"

I'll take it over a trillion different stuipid loving timelines and realities or some poo poo because I refused to take battles between Surfer #238128 and Captain#213092302193 seriously

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!
Just a reminder that the Reality Winner saga was only last month. :chaostrump:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

GobiasIndustries posted:

I have some New 52 Batman books and The Killing Joke and a couple other books but TV is a way easier jumping off point

Well yeah their broadcast towers have to be insanely high

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

petit choux posted:

Hope you're right holmes

who'd invade? germany?

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

tithin posted:

I like that at some point wolverine went from angry badass to grumpy dad

"jiminey Christmas!!" -wolverine as he realizes he cut his 2x4s too short

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Prof. Lurker posted:

Just a reminder that the Reality Winner saga was only last month. :chaostrump:

I don't know if this is wishful thinking or what, but at the rate this administration is going, I can't fathom it lasting until 2021.

So of course I'm wrong and he'll serve until he's 98 years old.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I found my furious DVD's :toot:

Also, in isolation the marvel stuff is good, but gently caress trying to keep up with any of it.

Spider Gwen is good, Silk is good, Spider woman is ok, Spider man is good

I don't know about any of the rest because I don't read them, this has been tits hot takes

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
The Dark Knight Returns is a real good movie

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

At what point does this woman wake up in the morning and look in the mirror and think 'whoa im kind of a oval office'?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

tithin posted:

I found my furious DVD's :toot:

Also, in isolation the marvel stuff is good, but gently caress trying to keep up with any of it.

Spider Gwen is good, Silk is good, Spider woman is ok, Spider man is good

I don't know about any of the rest because I don't read them, this has been tits hot takes

that's a lot of spider people

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/888632459319021568

preet realizing nothing matters

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Naerasa posted:

At what point does this woman wake up in the morning and look in the mirror and think 'whoa im kind of a oval office'?

never.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

GrimGypsy posted:

Daredevil legit has a ConLaw storyline going on right now and I find myself rooting against Matt Murdock because motherfucking Confrontation Clause, rear end in a top hat.

• Locked thread